Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Childhood Reborn ❯ Trust ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“Jacinda!” Siero yelled loud enough that people came rushing up the stairs. They were ready to charge for the boy when Jacinda yelled…
 
“EVERYONE OUT NOW!” She said. Siero looked at her.
 
“Really…it's fine.” She said though her wrist was really starting to hurt. “Just go.”
 
She then turned back to Heero while Duo tried to talk to him.
 
“Heero…chill out man…come on its cool.” Duo said.
 
“Yuy just calm down.” Wufie said
 
“Heero.” Jacinda said. “That's your name right?”
 
Heero glared at her sternly.
 
“I'm sorry if I startled you.” She said. “I was just checking your wounds you sustained in a battle. My name is Jacinda Epione and my villagers and I brought you here to treat you and your friends. You are in no danger. I promise.”

She felt Heero's grip slack a little, but still not let go.
 
“I'm glad to see you are feeling better, you are quite strong.” She said. “And you definitely are a fighter. You had a seizure yesterday after the blood loss you suffered from the wound caused you to lose oxygen…but you showed it whose boss.”
 
Suddenly a loud hack came from the other side of the room and she saw Quatre was sitting up. Siero went over to him.
 
“Jacinda he's coughing up blood!” He said. That alerted Trowa who came out of his slumber to see his friend leaning over his bed coughing violently.
 
“QUATRE!” He said as he tried to get up. Jacinda had to take control of the situation. She looked Heero square in his eyes.
 
“I need to take a look at Quatre.” She said. “It might just be nothing, but trust me I know how to treat him. Please I give you my word I will not harm you or your friends. We are just here to help you. That's all. Please Heero?”
 
Heero lowered his eyes and within seconds dropped her wrist. Rubbing her wrist she ran over to Quatre who was still hacking away.
 
“Aw…poor guy.” She said. The soreness in his throat was so bad that he had tears in his eyes. He was clutching his throat as he heaved a little.
 
She checked the blood and saw that it was only a few teaspoons, common with throat injury. She reached over for wastebasket and held Quatre as he continued to cough hard. She looked up to see Trowa trying to get out of bed.
 
“What's wrong with him?” He demanded. “What are you doing!?”
 
“Siero?” She motioned to him and the man went over to try to calm Trowa and get him to lie down again.
 
Jacinda continued to hold Quatre and rub his back gently as he tried to calm his cough. She spoke to him soothingly trying to relax him. Finally it began to cease. He was breathing very hard and sweating as he tried to relax.
 
“There now.” She said. “You okay?”
 
Quatre looked up at her and recognized her eyes as the ones he saw before he had gone under. She reached over to the pitcher of water and poured a glass.
 
“Here.” She said offering him the water. “Take a couple of sips; you can spit into the wastebasket if you need to.”
 
Quatre shakily took the glass and tried to sip. Jacinda held it a little to steady it. He spit a few times to clean out his mouth then drank the rest. Jacinda smiled and helped him back down into the bed. Quatre tried to speak but it came out hoarsely and very painfully.
 
“Aw no you don't mister.” Jacinda said. “You are gonna rest that throat. You suffered injuries from inhaling all that smoke and gas yesterday, so no talking for you for the next few days if not more.”
 
She got up and headed to the basin that had been refilled with cold water not too long ago. She grabbed a fresh cloth and dipped it in then rung it out. Going back over to Quatre she bathed his face to cool and wash him a little then placed the cloth on his head.
 
“Now…relax.” She said as she pulled the covers up over him. Jacinda looked over and saw that Siero had calmed Trowa down, but he was still watching her carefully. In fact all of the boys had been watching what was going on…including Heero.
 
“He's alright.” Jacinda said. “The coughing just caused the bleeding a little bit. It wasn't anything too serious.”
 
She looked at their worried faces. What could she say to relax them? They were Gundam pilots for crying out loud. She had been a soldier herself and had also been taught not to trust anyone that was a stranger to her. Heero had reacted to her like any solider would in his situation. She stood in the middle of the room tired, with an aching wrist and a heart heavy for the boys.
“Listen.” She said. “I know you guys are confused and worn out and suspicious and I don't blame you. Hell I myself am just as confused. I can't even believe that I saw those Gundams in the first place and it was even more of a shock when I saw who was piloting them. I mean I don't know if you are OZ or some rebel alliance or what? I mean you were fighting OZ, but what the hell do I know who you are or what side you are on?”
 
She sighed.
 
“But that doesn't matter.” She said. “At least to me. All I ask is that you guys trust us and let us take care of you. You have a long road of recoveries ahead and while we have the capabilities to take care of you we don't have the technological advances other places have. On top of that your Gundam's are wrecks, well hidden, but wrecks nonetheless. None of us here in the village really know how to repair one, I don't even know if our tools will suffice!”
 
It was silent for a moment as she tried to let the boys take in everything she had just said.
 
“Please.” She said pleadingly. “Believe me when I say you are safe. All we want is for you boys to recover from your injuries and just ask that you treat us with the same respect as we will to you. No violence…just peace. Okay?”
 
The boys stayed silent.
 
Jacinda nodded lightly.
 
“Okay…get some rest now.” She said. “I'll be back to check on you all in a few hours.”
 
She walked out of the room and closed the door behind her. She, closed her eyes, leaned back and put her head on it and exhaled a breath.
 
“Jacinda!” Siero popped up causing her to jump.
 
“Dammit you scared me.” She said whispering.
 
“Are you alright?” He asked taking her wrist lightly. It was turning black and blue. “God damn that kid…I should have stopped him.”
 
Jacinda shook her head and put her finger to her lips.
 
“Shh…quiet.” She said. She motioned for them to move away from the door. The walked down the hall towards her bathroom.
 
“How could you tell us to leave!?” He asked when they were out of earshot. “He could have seriously hurt you!”
 
Jacinda turned on the cold water in her sink and ran her wrist under it.
“He was just surprised that's all.” She said. “No need to get bent out of shape over it.”
“Bent out of shape!?” Siero argued. “He nearly snapped your wrist in half!”
Jacinda stopped the water and rubbed her wrist dry. The pain was still there but not as bad.
 
“How would you have reacted if a stranger was hanging over your bed!?” She asked. “Heero was just trying to protect himself. It was just an accident and he DID let me go, maybe I can slowly get him to trust us.”
 
Siero sighed.
 
“Jacinda, all you see in them is that they are kids!” He said putting his hands on her shoulders. “But they aren't just kids, they have mobile suits! They are most likely trained to kill. If they aren't OZ, then who the hell knows who they are!?”
 
Jacinda glared.
 
“I know who they are!” She said. “They aren't just pilots of mobile suits, they are child soldiers! You say who the hell knows who they are, but who the hell knows what they have been through!? Who knows how many battles they have been in, how many lives they were forced to take or who they themselves might have lost? God, how many experiements they could have been through just learning to be those pilots!”
She released herself from Siero's grip and rubbed her forehead as she walked out of the bathroom.
 
“Don't you remember that was one of the main reasons I left the Alliance.” She said. “They said peace and I believed them…but it was all lies…just destruction and mass killing for someone's greed. Just using others to get what they want.”
 
She shivered slightly.
 
“And now look…those boys may not be OZ…but whoever is behind this are using those boys and who knows for how long!”
 
Siero walked over to her and placed his hand once again on her shoulder.
 
“But who says they had a choice?” He asked. “For all you know…they agreed to be those pilots rather than being forced to. You said it yourself; we don't know what they have been through. Maybe something made them want to fight the Alliance on their own. You wanted to after Ce…”
“Don't.” Jacinda interrupted holding up her hand. “Don't say it.”
 
“But you know it's true.” He said. “You were vowing revenge, but you changed your views as you formed Cache du Monde.”
 
Jacinda sighed and lowered her head.
 
Siero took a chance and put his arm around her, she stiffened, but she didn't move.
 
“Please Jacinda.” He said. “Just think reasonably.”
 
“I am.” She said. “I just…just want to know who they are. I mean really…who they are. Where they are from and how this happened to them. Maybe give them some peace for the first time in their lives.”
 
“And you are.” Siero said quietly. “And you will.”
 
He looked down at her wrist again.
 
“But for now, let's just get you some ice for that wrist, ok?”
 
She nodded. Siero was going to keep his arm around her, but she quickly slipped out and made her way downstairs where the nervous villagers were waiting. Siero could look on helplessly.