Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Childhood Reborn ❯ Canine Cleaning Catastrophe ( Chapter 18 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Fifteen minutes later Heero decided it was time to head to his Gundam. Gathering his tools and the rest of his supplies he headed downstairs and out the front door. He had just stepped out of the house when his ears caught the sound of laughter.
 
“You rowdy thing, won't you stay still! It's just water, it won't hurt you!!”
 
“HAHAHA he got you good `Fei!”
 
“It's Wufei!!”
 
“I guess not all dogs are fans of baths!!”
 
“I gonna make doggie all clean!”
 
“You're doing a good job sweetie!”
 
Heero's curiosity got the better of him as he snuck behind the house to see what was going on. There the group of five were standing around a metal basin where a wiggling, soap covered mutt sat looking quite annoyed he was being subjected to a getting cleaned up. All of them were drenched a bit, but they were laughing and smiling.
 
“At least he smells better!” Duo said as he helped Bastian scrub the dog's back. Trowa and Quatre focused on his face and keeping him relaxed while Jacinda and Wufei added more water from a hose and some more herbs.
 
“These should kill the fleas.” Jacinda said. “And I'll have to make sure to sprinkle some of them in my house to prevent infestations.”
 
“Mama doggie slippery!” Bastian said as the dog squirmed.
 
“Hehehe, just like you when I give you a bath!”
 
Just then the dog found an opening and jumped.
 
“And there he goes.” Wufei said.
 
“Well we just have to grab him and put him back in the tub!” Jacinda said laughing as she grabbed Bastian's hand headed in the dog's direction.
 
“I'll get him!” Duo said with Trowa and Quatre at his heels. The dog thought of this as a game of catch and was barking, jumping, and running from the grasp. Of course being all slick from the dog's antics in the tub the boys found themselves slipping and sliding on the grass.
 
“Mama there he is! Come back doggie!!”
 
“Show me where kiddo!” Jacinda said as she let her son pull her in the dog's direction.
 
Heero just grunted, but still couldn't take his eyes off of the scene, especially when the dog jumped just as Wufei and Trowa tried to grab at him from both directions. The two ended up colliding and falling back onto the ground. Wufei was cursing in Chinese.
 
“You disobedient beast!” He yelled. “Get back here!”
Trowa just got back on his feet and went after him just as Quatre had approached the dog. Just as he was about to lunge, the blonde boy fell backwards and would have hit the ground hard had not Trowa been there to catch him.
 
“Phew thank you Trowa.” He said. “That dog sure can escape.”
 
“He is still covered in all that soap, so he can slip out easier!”
 
That gave Duo an idea.
 
“Alright you furball.” He said. “You don't want to go in the bath, then I am just going to have to bring the bath to you. He grabbed the hose, attached a nearby nozzle, and turned it on.
 
“Watch out everybody!” He yelled as he charged with the running hose. The dog upon seeing the spray made a jump for it while Duo aimed the hose and hit the dog's back end!”
 
“HAHA, gotcha!!” He said. “Now get over here!”
The dog just barked and ran…right in front of Trowa. Needless to the acrobat got hit well and was dripping from head to toe.
 
“DUO!?” He screamed.
 
“Sorry `Tro!” Duo yelled as he caught the dog in his sights again and ran.
 
“Uh oh.” Jacinda said as the dog ran towards her and Bastian. Thinking quickly she grabbed her son and shielded him as best she could just as the dog turned and she and her son got hit with the hose!
 
“YAY!!” Bastian yelled obviously soaked. “This is fun Mama!”
 
Jacinda giggled, sopping wet, but enthralled.
 
“Why do you have no problem getting wet with the hose, but you hate taking baths!!”
 
“COMING THROUGH!” Duo yelled just as the hose sprayed down the dog's side…and Wufei and Quatre in the process.
 
Quatre just sighed, but smiled as he shook his blonde locks, while Wufei was seething.
 
“MAXWELL YOU MENANCE!” He yelled and went after the braided pilot.
 
Just then the dog decided to head towards the side of the house where Heero had been hiding.
 
“YOU CAN RUN, BUT YOU CAN'T HIDE FROM ME MUTT!” Duo yelled. “PREPARE TO GET SQUEAKY CLEAN!”
 
Heero gasped and tried the dodge the inevitable, but was too late. The dog head in his direction and with that so did the spray of water blasting Heero and the dog completely. In his shock he hadn't noticed that Duo saw him and was running over.
 
“Heer---whoaaa!” The braided boy slipped on some wet grass and came sliding down, grabbing onto Heero's waist to prevent him from falling, but only succeeded in knocking the Japanese boy down with a dazed Duo on top of him. Heero and Duo both shook their muddled heads and realized what had happened.
 
“Hey hey!” Duo said happily. “Thanks for breaking my fall Heero!”
 
“You braided baka!” Heero said opening his eyes. “What the hell do you think you were doing!?
 
Duo grinned then looked down at Heero and his breath suddenly hitched. Heero was obviously soaked, but the sunlight made the water droplets sparkle on his messy brown hair. His eyes though cold as they always were had a certain sparkle he had never seen before. His water soaked clothes stuck to his chest and Duo could feel the lithe, but hard chest underneath his clothes.
 
`Wow.' Duo thought to himself. `I never knew Heero was so…so handsome.'
Heero while red with anger and embarrassment was also thinking along the same lines of Duo. So of course it didn't occur to either one of them that Wufei approached, grabbed the hose that had fallen out of Duo's hand and turned it on!
 
“YIKES!!!” Duo yelled when he felt the cold water pummel his back. He jumped off of Heero and started to run.
 
“MAXWELL YOU RECKLESS MORON!!” Wufei yelled. “I AM GOING TO KILL YOU!!”
 
“I DIDN'T MEAN TO EEEP!” Duo yelled just as Wufei caught him. “AW COME ON WUFFY I'M SORRY!!”
 
“IT'S WUFEI, YOU BRAINLESS EXCUSE FOR A GUNDAM PILOT!”
 
“I SAID I WAS SORRY, JEEZ WATCH WHERE YOU ARE AIMING THAT THING! WHAT IF I WANT TO HAVE KIDS?!”
 
“NATAKU FORBID THAT SHOULD EVER HAPPEN!!! GET BACK HERE!!”
 
“Hey Wufay I want to spray Duo too!” Bastian said chasing behind the Chinese boy.
 
All the while Jacinda, Trowa, Quatre, and a now very clean dog were standing by watching the chaos of Wufei chasing and spraying a fleeing Duo. Jacinda then turned to see Heero sitting up, growling, and soaking wet. She went over to him and offered her hand.
 
“Need some help?” She asked.
 
He looked up at her, but declined her hand as he got back onto his feet.
 
“He really is a walking disaster.” Heero said, but his face was still red.
 
“Well, he found a solution, albeit a crazy one.” She said. “The dog is nice and clean. Oh I guess you haven't met him yet. Come here!”
 
She led Heero over to where Trowa and Quatre were toweling off their friend. The two looked up to see Jacinda and Heero approaching so they let the dog loose where he proceeded to shake off the excess water from his fear and right onto Jacinda and Heero.
 
“Mangy thing.” Heero grunted. “It's that dog that the villagers wanted to get rid of.”
 
Jacinda smiled.
 
“Yes, Trowa cared for him and now he's Bastian and my new pet for when you leave.”
 
Heero just snorted, uninterested. However the dog thought differently. He approached Heero and began to lick his hand.
 
“I think he wants you to pet him Heero!” Quatre said happily.
 
Heero made a face, but began patting the top of his head.
 
“Here Heero, kneel down.” Jacinda said as she took his arm and gently moved him to the ground. “Animals feel more comfortable when you are eye to eye with them.”
 
The dog whined and nuzzled Heero's hand and lifted his paw against Heero's hand as if he was hitting it.
 
“What is he doing?” Heero asked.
 
Jacinda grinned.
 
“That's his way of telling you to keep petting him.” She said. “He likes you!”
 
“It's a good thing Heero.” Trowa said happily.
 
“Huh.” Heero said.
 
“Well I think we need to come up with a name for this guy…instead of dog.” Jacinda said. “Does anyone have any ideas?”
 
It was silent for a moment, then a voice spoke up.
 
“Umm…I might have one.” Quatre said. “And it's okay if you don't like it, but how about Selwyn?”
 
“Selwyn?” Heero said.
 
Trowa looked to Quatre in surprise.
 
“It's, um, Latin.” Quatre said. “It means `of the woods' and since Trowa was the one who found him in the woods and Trowa is Latin, I thought it would be fitting. I read it in a book once! But if you don't think it's a good one we can forget it.”
 
Trowa was speechless and Jacinda smiled.
 
“Selwyn huh?” She said. “I like it! What do you think Trowa? The decision is yours in the end.”
 
Trowa just stared at Quatre amazed.
 
“He should be named after you.” The Arab said quietly. “You rescued him after all. But two Trowas would be confusing.”
 
Trowa smiled lightly.
 
“I think it's a perfect name for him. Thank you Quatre.”
 
Quatre blushed at the kindness in Trowa's voice.
 
“So Selwyn it is!” Jacinda said happily. “We can call him Sel for short! Congratulations buddy! Now we just have to learn how to keep you still when we give you a bath.” She reached out and scratched the dog's ears just as a drenched Duo came running by.
 
“AHHH SOMEBODY HELP! CRAZY CHINESE MAN ON THE LOOSE!!”
 
“YOU WILL PAY FOR THAT YOU NO GOOD AMERICAN LOUD MOUTH! SPRAY HIM BASTIAN!!”
 
“Weee I spray Duo!!” He yelled as he held down the trigger. “FASTER WUFEI FASTER!!”
 
Wufei then came by with Bastian on his shoulders holding the hose. Though Bastian's aim was so poor it ended up hitting not only Duo, but the rest of the group as well.
 
“Then again, maybe its better we teach Duo, Wufei, and Bastian about how to give a dog a bath. A bath without the hose.” Jacinda said through her soaked bangs.
 
“Agreed.” The three drenched pilots answered in unison.