Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Chimaera ❯ Chapter 18 ( Chapter 18 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: I don't own the G'boys, I just borrow them from time to time to play with and return them a whole lot happier, ne?

Rating: NC 17

Warnings: Yaoi, Lemon, sap, angst, Male Pregnancy, medical themes

Pairings: 1x2x1

Archive: http://gundam-wing-diaries.150m.com

http://sweetlysour.net.

http://adultfanfiction.net

http://www.theforsakenwk.com

Many thanks to DBZVelena, Ryouga and Yami_Tai for the beta. Also thanks to Yami_Tai for the title of this fic.

Notes: Set partially during the series but main bulk after the war. EW didn't take place. The Eve wars are finished and the peace retained. The pilots have all gone their own ways, Heero and Duo have made a life together both working for Preventer when Duo's world is turned upside down as his unknown past comes back to haunt him.

Dedication: To Velena who gave me the plot bunny for this little gem.

Status: In progress.

~ Indicates flashbacks ~

/ thoughts /

"Chimaera"

October. 2003 ShenLong

Chapter 18

Duo quickly rinsed his boxers in the bathroom sink; he didn't need Heero finding out about the blood. He wasn't sure why he was bleeding; maybe Heero had been a little rough when fingering him earlier in their make up session. He doubted that though, for one he didn't feel sore, but he knew that Heero wouldn't believe him and would go on a serious guilt trip. Plus he'd probably never touch him again and *that* was the last thing Duo wanted.

He pushed the now clean boxers to the bottom of the laundry hamper and rummaged through the small first aid kit in the cabinet. He found some gauze and made a thick pad of it. If it was anything like the bleeding he'd suffered in the past it would only last maybe a day, two at the most and the gauze should absorb the blood, seeing as he didn't usually lose much. With the gauze firmly in place and secured as best he could manage, he fished around in the hamper until he found a pair of briefs that weren't too high on the nose. He pulled them on, uncomfortable with the tightness of them but needing it to help keep the gauze in place. He'd bought himself a few pairs of briefs, preferring boxers as a rule but the briefs helped when he suffered from the on and off bleeding, the gauze trick having come to him a little while back as well. Happy that he was as protected as he was ever going to be, he slipped back to the bedroom, pleased to see that Heero was still sleeping.

He slid back under the covers and snuggled against his love, eyes drifting shut as he rubbed his lower abdomen, easing a little of the cramping that was still there.

~ * ~

Heero was in the kitchen making breakfast when Duo rose, a fact he was grateful for. He went and took his shower, removing the gauze and pleased to see there wasn't much blood on the padding. With his shower finished, he quickly made up another pad of gauze and donned a fresh pair of briefs before putting on the rest of his clothing. He was careful to place the soiled gauze in the toilet and flush away the evidence, burying the briefs back down the bottom of the laundry hamper as well.

Heero hadn't a clue that there was anything wrong with Duo, well, other than his injured arm. When his long haired partner sat down at the table for breakfast Heero looked for any sign of pain or discomfort. "How did you sleep last night?" he asked as he dropped two eggs onto the plate along with three slices of bacon.

"Not too bad," Duo replied, reaching for the orange juice carton and pouring them both a glass.

Heero filled his own plate and sat opposite, taking a sip from his juice before picking up his knife and fork. "How is the arm?"

"Aches a little, some throbbing but it's fine."

"Make sure you let Sally know."

Duo didn't reply, opting to fill his mouth with food instead and glare at Heero.

Heero sighed. "I know, I'm being overprotective again. Sorry."

Duo's face softened. "It's okay, Heero. I promise to tell Sally everything that happened."

Heero gave him a small smile in return.

Breakfast finished, Duo did the dishes while Heero fetched his tie and jacket. Five minutes later, they were heading out the door to wait for Wufei on the sidewalk.

Arriving at HQ, Duo exited the elevator on the third floor and headed in the direction of Sally's office, Heero and Wufei continued upwards to the sixth floor and their respective offices. Heero was a little agitated but kept it concealed. He wanted to give Duo a hug before he went but with Wufei in the elevator he didn't think it was a good idea, especially as their relationship was still not public.

Both Duo and Heero had decided to keep their relationship to themselves for the moment, as it was still new to them. They wanted to figure things out and become comfortable with the whole thing before making it common knowledge that they were a *couple*.

So Heero had to settle with a soft look and a small smile of support, one he knew that Duo would understand. Duo did, and returned the gesture with a subtle brush of his fingers against Heero's hand.

Duo strode down the hall, his mind relatively calm as he headed for Sally's office. He had no intention of mentioning his *other* little problem. He knocked on the door and then followed the request to enter, striding across the room to sit in the chair opposite the young woman. "Morning, Sally."

"Good morning, Duo." Sally smiled at him. "I heard you had a little argument with a bullet yesterday."

"Yeah, you could say that," Duo grinned. "It's nothing serious, just a graze but the medics at the scene cleaned me up and I feel fine."

"I will still need to take a look at it, Duo. Could you please remove your shirt?"

Duo undid his tie and divested himself of his shirt. The small bandage stood out against his skin, wrapped tightly around his arm. After his shower, he'd redone the dressing and hoped it was up to Sally's standards.

Sally stood up and came around the desk, her eyes focused on the injury site. She swiftly removed the bandage and thin layer of gauze, her eyes taking in the wound. Gently she probed around, checking the skin and noting the state of it. Tossing the bandage and gauze into a small bin, she went to the cabinets that adorned one wall of the office and retrieved a fresh dressing. She returned and dropped the items to the desk, opening a small tube and squeezing the ointment out. She smeared the stuff over the wound before applying the dressing and bandaging it up. Once she was finished, she turned to Duo who hadn't said a word or moved during the whole procedure. "It isn't serious, Duo. The bullet didn't penetrate very far and it should only take about a week for it to heal over. I want you to keep it as dry as possible and change the dressing every day. Come back and see me in three days so I can check it again. The bandage should be able to come off in about four days."

"Am I cleared for duty?"

Sally gave him a laugh. "As if I dare say, `no.' Yes, Duo, you are fit for duty."

"Good." Duo replaced his shirt and tie. "Thanks, Sally. Maybe now Heero will calm down and stop treating me like an invalid."

Sally shook her head. "That's your problem, Duo. I wish you luck."

Duo rolled his eyes and took his leave.

The next day Duo's bleeding had stopped.

Four days later, the bandage was off his arm and the wound was healing nicely.

~ * ~

Over the course of the next two months things began to settle into a routine. They would rise each morning and head off to work, Wufei no longer needing to pick them up as they had finally purchased their own car. It was a beat up old pick up but Duo fell in love with it at first sight and Heero, who wasn't fussed about what they bought, agreed to the purchase. Duo would spend his weekends tinkering around under the hood, Heero supplying the requested tools and refreshments while Duo did the mechanical upgrading. It didn't take Duo long to have the pick up purring like a happy kitten and even Heero had to admit that he was impressed with the American's skills.

After work they would come home, one would cook while the other did laundry or any cleaning of the apartment. They took turn about and life was looking pretty good. Their relationship deepened and Heero found he was opening up more to his long haired partner. They continued to experiment with the physical side of their relationship, discovering what each other's likes and dislikes were, locating sensitive spots and just generally enjoying and exploring the enigma of each other's bodies.

Sometimes they would make love, Duo still playing the role of seme to Heero's uke. Heero had yet to take the American, both of them wanting it but Heero was still a little reluctant. Duo didn't push the issue, he knew Heero would take him when he was comfortable with the idea and until then, he would delight in the heat and wonder of Heero's channel, never tiring of being buried deep inside his lover's passage.

As they had grown more comfortable with their relationship so they had also slowly but cautiously made it known that they were a couple, unsure of how their colleagues and friends would react. There were a couple of people that frowned upon them, a few snickers and odd looks, but generally most were supportive of them.

Wufei was the one that shocked Duo the most, with his comments after they had told him.

~ Flashback~

"About time you two made it public," he'd said when Duo had nervously told him.

"Huh? What do you mean?"

"Shit, Maxwell. Only a blind person couldn't see the looks you two give each other."

Duo suitably blushed. "Are you okay with it, Wufei? I mean it doesn't bother you at all that Heero and I are... well you know, together..... in a relationship."

"Maxwell, what you and Yuy get up to in your own time is entirely your business and no concern of mine. As long as you both continue to perform, and I mean that in the Preventer Agent way, and I don't catch you shagging in the office or anywhere else for that matter when on duty, then your relationship is fine with me."

~ end flashback~

Duo attended his next blood test with Sally; he'd taken the full course of iron tablets and waited anxiously for the results. Heero was like a cat on a hot tin roof. He knew how much a positive result meant to his partner and fervently hoped that it would be so.

The results came through and showed a marked increase in the iron levels. Duo was ecstatic and Heero was happy for him. They continued to work on the various cases that Wufei gave them, most ending with positive results and more criminals behind bars. Duo began to feel he was really making a difference, Heero also shared the sentiment.

The war had given them skills that they could now apply in a different medium and the pair had never been happier.

Three months had now passed since Duo had first begun to take the iron supplements, and he was due for the next of his blood tests. He duly turned up at the medical wing and suffered through having his arm poked and the red fluid drawn from him. Three hours later Sally e-mailed him, requesting he return to the medical floor for the results. He gave Heero a warm smile and a quick kiss before departing to meet with Sally.

Heero watched him go and once Duo was out of sight, he let his worry show through. He couldn't help it, Duo was everything to him and although there was no reason for him to feel worried about the results, he did.

"Ahh, Duo. Please, come in and take a seat," Sally said as she spotted Duo entering the medical offices section. "I won't be a moment." Sally turned back to the student medic she was engaged in conversation with.

Duo went through to the office and sat down, automatically pulling his braid over his shoulder and fiddling with the end. He looked up as Sally entered and quickly dropped the tufted end. "So, you have the results?"

"Yes, Duo, I do." Sally's face was unreadable so Duo couldn't guess what was going on. He watched warily as Sally picked up his file from the desk and opened it, lifting out the small piece of paper that contained letters and numbers on it. She frowned.

Duo waited patiently.

"Your tests show that your levels are not remaining constant. They seem to be up and down compared to the last ones and the ones before that."

"Oh." Duo's face clouded and his stomach went into knots. "Care to explain?"

"It's like I said before, the levels don't look as if they will remain stable without supplements."

"But I'm eating all the right foods."

"I know that, Duo, but sometimes it isn't enough. The human body is a very complex thing, and everyone is different. Some people have trouble keeping constant levels of insulin for example, others iodine, in your case it appears to be iron. Everything else is fine. It puzzles me though as to why iron. I don't think I have seen such varied levels in a male before." Sally scratched her head.

"Well, you should know me by now, Sally. Duo Maxwell is one of a kind and if something has to be different or out of the ordinary, then it's usually me." Duo grinned at her.

Sally couldn't help but smile.

"The big question though, is am I still going to be able to be a field agent?"

Sally detected the small trace of anxiety in Duo's voice as he spoke and made to reassure him. "Yes, Duo. You can still remain in the field but only if you continue to take the supplements. I"m afraid though that it looks like you will have to take them for some time to come."

Duo's face took on a relieved look. "I don't mind, I'm happy to take them if it means that I can continue to work in the field. Is that all?"

"I'll write you out another prescription, get it filled as soon as you can and start taking the tablets right away. I'm going to try something different."

"Oh?"

"Yes. This dose rate is a little lower than the last, I want to try and see what is the lowest dose you can be on and your body still remain constant, make sense?"

"Yes. I can see that. Okay, I'm happy to be your lab rat just as long as I can still do my duty."

Sally handed Duo the prescription. "I'll see you back in about another month and we will take another test to determine what is happening."

"Thanks, Sally." Duo stood up and took the paper, tucking it into his pocket. "I'll go and let Wuffers and Heero know what the deal is."

Sally had to bite her tongue.

~ * ~

Two weeks later....

Heero and Duo found themselves in Une's office; they had just made the arrests and closed the case on an undercover drug running gang, one that Preventer had been chasing for quite some time. Une was exceptionally pleased with the result; half the main players had been caught and knowing that the game was up, were only too happy to spill the details on the rest of the gang. It was only a matter of time before the top dogs were behind bars. Une was extremely proud of the team's efforts, happy that no blood had been spilt and told them so.

Unused to praise for their efforts, both Heero and Duo were a little uncomfortable with the compliments, insisting that they had only been doing their job to the best of their capabilities. Finally, red faced from all the praise, they managed to escape and return to their own office. Wufei followed them, proud of the way the case had been handled.

"Congratulations, Agents Day and Night. This was one tough case that we have been trying for ages to crack. Thanks to you, the streets should be a little safer."

"Aww..... there's no need to thank us, Wufei. We were only doing our job." Duo replied.

"Praise where praise is due, Maxwell. As much as I hate to admit it, your street skills came in very handy." It took a lot for Wufei to say that and Duo wasn't beyond comprehending the sacrifice. Instead of coming back with a smart remark, he shocked the Chinese agent.

"Thanks, Wu. That means a lot to me."

/Duo - 2... Wufei - 1 / Heero thought with a wry grin.

Wufei didn't reply, turning his attention to Heero instead. "You may both take the rest of the day off; your reports can wait until tomorrow." With the words said he turned and left.

"Hear that, Heero? We've been let out of school early."

Heero shook his head.

Duo sidled up to his partner and rubbed suggestively against him. "How about we go home and celebrate?"

Heero surprised him by squeezing his rear. "I think that is the best suggestion I've heard all day," he purred back into Duo's ear as he continued to manipulate the American's backside.

"Ohh, Heero." Duo nuzzled against Heero's neck. "God, that feels good."

"Let's go home, Duo, where we can be more comfortable." Heero traced his fingers along the cleft of Duo's ass and then slid his hand inside the back of Duo's pants, rubbing his fingers at the base of Duo's spine. "I want you, Duo."

Duo moaned softly, the teasing fingers turning him on as he registered Heero's words. He pulled back enough that he could see his partner's eyes and noted the lust there. "You want me?" he queried.

"I want you," came the husky reply.

"As in, take me, want me?"

"Hai."

"You mean... You want to..." Duo wriggled his ass. "You..."

"Hai, Duo. I want to celebrate our victory and I can't think of any better way to do that than to show you how much I love you. I want to make love to you, Duo."

/ Glory be! / Duo thought and then pushed himself against Heero's fingers.

The fingers complied and moved further down, slipping in between his cheeks to tease at the tiny entrance. "Will you let me, Duo?"

"Oh fuck... get me home, Heero, and fast." Duo ground out.

~ * ~

tbc........