Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Chimaera ❯ Chapter 30 ( Chapter 30 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: I don't own the G'boys, I just borrow them from time to time to play with and return them a whole lot happier, ne?

Rating: NC 17

Warnings: Yaoi, Lemon, sap, angst, Male Pregnancy, medical themes

Pairings: 1x2x1

Archive: http://gundam-wing-diaries.150m.com

http://sweetlysour.net.

http://adultfanfiction.net

http://www.theforsakenwk.com

Many thanks to DBZVelena, Ryouga and Yami_Tai for the beta. Also thanks to Yami_Tai for the title of this fic.

Notes: Set partially during the series but main bulk after the war. EW didn't take place. The Eve wars are finished and the peace retained. The pilots have all gone their own ways, Heero and Duo have made a life together both working for Preventer when Duo's world is turned upside down as his unknown past comes back to haunt him.

Dedication: To Velena who gave me the plot bunny for this little gem.

Status: In progress.

~ Indicates flashbacks ~

/ thoughts /

"Chimaera"

October. 2003 ShenLong

Chapter 30

Doctor G gazed at the small monitor and frowned. This couldn't be right. He read the simple message again but the words hadn't changed. He scratched his head. No, this had to be wrong, the woman must be mistaken. He turned away from the screen contemplating what to do when the vid 'phone beeped. Punching the accept button he waited for the picture to come through as the audio connected. "Howard," he said as the image appeared.

"Doc," Howard nodded. "I thought I should let you know that, that woman whom Wufei assisted during the war, a Sally Po, has contacted me looking for your e-mail address. I hope you didn't mind but I passed it on to her, she said it was extremely important and had to do with Duo."

"No, Howard, that's quite alright. As a matter of fact, I have just received an e-mail from her."

"Is everything okay, doc? I mean, Duo, there isn't anything..."

"No, Howard. Duo, it appears, has gotten himself into a little trouble and this Sally person wanted to discuss it with me."

"Oh."

"Howard?"

"Yes, G?"

"Any chance you can pick me up and take me to Earth?"

Howard's brow furrowed. "Yeah, I can, doc, but it would be a couple of days before I can get you there."

"That will be fine, Howard. I will contact this Sally Po and inform her of my intended arrival."

"Okay, doc. I'll see you sometime tomorrow." Howard cut the connection.

Doctor G went back to his computer and read the e-mail for the third time. Shaking his head he hit the reply button and proceeded to type, keeping the message short and simple.

<Will be arriving at local shuttle port within two days. Will advise ETA once underway. Do not... repeat, Do not speak of this to anyone.

G.>

Pushing the send button the message was on its way.

~ * ~

The anesthetic had completely left Duo's system by the time he woke next. Heero was sprawled in a chair next to the bed, his hand still holding Duo's. Duo smiled. From the way Heero was sleeping in the chair, he had no doubt that the Japanese man would have a stiff neck. He yawned and tried to find out the time. His watch had been removed and he couldn't see the clock from the position he was lying in. The curtains were closed but Duo could see a faint light behind them and so figured it must be early morning. Then his thoughts turned to where he was. This wasn't the apartment, this wasn't his bed. So where the hell was he? He shifted slightly and groaned as a sharp pain shot through his abdomen and lower back, telling him that movement wasn't a good idea.

/ Hospital; I'm in hospital. /

Duo frantically searched his mind, trying to find the fragments of thoughts to piece together which would tell him what had happened. He remembered shooting. That's right, they were on an assignment. His brow creased as he forced his brain to remember more. Try as he might though, all he could recall was breaking into the conference room, the shooting and then the surrender. He vaguely remembered being dragged into an elevator but after that all he got was a blank. His next conscious thought was waking up here to see Heero sprawled next to him. Judging by the pain in his back and abdomen he guessed he must have been injured.

Carefully he tried to extract his hand from Heero's but as his fingers slipped free so Heero's eyes fluttered open. "You're awake."

Duo smiled. "Hey, Heero," he whispered.

Heero stretched and eased the kinks from his cramped body, his neck ached and he felt like he'd been run over by a gundam. He didn't smell too good either, so his nose told him. He stood up and moved close to his partner and lowering his head, brushed his lips lightly over Duo's. As he pulled away so his eyes shimmered with unshed tears.

Duo noticed the tears and reaching for Heero's shirt he pulled the Japanese man back towards him. "What happened, Heero? Why are you upset? I can't remember anything."

"Oh, Duo," Heero's voice hitched. "I thought I'd lost you... I was so scared..." There was something that sounded awfully like a sob and Heero buried his face against the crook of Duo's shoulder.

Lying the way he was, three quarters on his stomach, Duo had limited movement and so could only reach his free arm up and rub his palm over Heero's back. He thought it best to let Heero get this out of his system first.

Heero quickly brought himself under control, pulling away from Duo and scrubbing furiously at his cheeks. Duo wisely remained silent, he knew how much he must have scared Heero for him to be showing this much emotion. He didn't need Duo making any smart comments while he was this vulnerable.

"I'm sorry if I scared you, Heero. Please, tell me what happened."

Heero had himself back under control enough to face his partner. Carefully he sat upon the edge of the bed and took Duo's hand in his, rubbing his thumb back and forth over the back of Duo's hand, mindful of the cannula and tube inserted into the vein there. "What do you remember?"

Duo frowned. "I remember being on the assignment, there was a lot of gun fire and then we surrendered." His brows knitted together as he forced his brain to recall the events. "After that I only have a vague recollection of being dragged into an elevator, then nothing until I woke up here a little while ago." He looked at Heero. "I was injured, wasn't I?"

Heero nodded. "Yes, you were."

"Tell me?"

Heero sighed. "Okay." He began to reiterate what had gone on, from Moran's surprise leap, to him taking Duo hostage and insisting that Duo was going to get him out of the building and free.

"And so you dropped and spun as I fired and shot the gun from his hand, as you were running towards me so he managed to get his gun with his uninjured hand and fired off a shot... the bullet entered through your back and lodged inside. Sally has operated on you and removed the bullet. I don't know what she found inside but she will be in soon to check on you so I'm sure she will give us the run down when she comes in. You were pretty much out of it last night."

Duo closed his eyes, there was one question on the tip of his tongue and he had to ask. "Moran... where is he?"

Heero shifted uncomfortably and tried to avoid his partner's eyes.

"Heero?"

Heero sighed and faced Duo. "I... I shot him. He won't be bothering you any more."

"Oh." Duo closed his eyes and thought about that. He squeezed his partner's hand. "Thank you."

Heero didn't answer immediately; instead he pressed a kiss to Duo's lips and then whispered quietly. "That bastard deserved what he got. No one touches what is mine without their consent."

They remained in companionable silence, each one locked in their own thoughts until Sally came in a short while later.

"Ahh, you're awake. How do you feel?" Sally picked up the chart and checked the notes on it before going to the monitor and scribbling down the heart rate, breathing rate, blood pressure and temperature.

"All things considered I'm holding up just fine," Duo returned, a hint of his usual cheery self coming through.

"That's good to hear, Duo. The bullet you took entered through your lower back and lodged itself by your kidney. Fortunately it missed all vital organs, just nicking the ureter which I have repaired. There is no reason why you shouldn't make a full recovery but you will be out of action for some time. All things considered you were a very lucky man." Sally paused to let the information sink in before continuing. "You gave us quite a scare for a while there and I don't mean just the operation, you were a little... disorientated when you started to come out of the anesthetic."

"Hn. More like self destructive."

"I have no idea what you're talking about," Duo stated, giving them both a blank look.

"I'll let Heero explain it all to you later, right now I need to check your wound sites and change the dressings. Could you move over to your back a little and lift the gown to the side?"

Duo did his best to move, Heero assisting him as much as he could. The hospital gown didn't cover a whole lot so it wasn't a problem to move it and expose the area Sally needed to check on Duo's abdomen. Her movements were quick and precise, the gauze being removed, stitches checked and then a dusting of penicillin powder applied before a fresh dressing was placed over and secured. The ritual was repeated to the wound on Duo's back and then Duo was gently moved and repositioned in the bed. Heero helped Sally to bring him to a partially sitting position, putting the pillows behind him and raising the end of the bed.

"That should feel a little more comfortable for you," Sally stated. "I want you to try and sit for a while each day, it will help any fluid to drain away from the wound site... oh shit!" Sally jumped and grabbed for a kidney dish as Duo began to heave.

The wave of nausea hit Duo, hard. He had no control over his body as his stomach went on a revolt and tried to expel anything and everything from within it, which wasn't much considering that Duo hadn't eaten anything for well over twelve hours and had only had a small amount of water since the operation. Duo clutched at his abdomen, trying to support his wound and take the pressure off it as his muscles spasmed. Heero had grabbed his braid and was holding it out of the way while rubbing small comforting circles on his back. Sally held the kidney dish in place, her other hand on Duo's shoulder.

As the vomiting slowed and then stopped, Heero laid Duo back against the pillows; Sally removed the kidney dish, placing it in the adjoining bathroom and returning with a damp cloth. She passed the cloth to Heero who gently wiped Duo's face before dropping the cloth to the side cabinet and picking up a glass of water. Duo duly rinsed his mouth, Sally grabbing the kidney dish once again, and then lay back against the pillows, completely drained. His abdomen throbbed and he ached all over.

"Feeling better now?" Heero asked.

Duo nodded and then glared as Heero turned to Sally. Duo knew what his partner was about to say and he wasn't happy.

Heero returned the glare with one of his own that clearly said 'I'm going to tell her seeing as how you're not.' However, Sally beat them both to it.

"The nausea could be a side effect from the anesthetic, Duo. If that's the case then it should pass within the next few hours."

"This isn't the first time he's been sick," Heero said.

"Oh? Care to tell me about it?"

"No," said Duo.

"Hai," said Heero.

Sally smiled, bemused at the pair.

Heero turned to Duo. "I am going to tell her, after all you did promise to speak to her after the mission was finished, and the mission is finished."

"Fine!" Duo groused and buried himself deeper into the pillows.

Heero sighed and then began to inform Sally of Duo's occasional bouts of vomiting. Sally asked a few questions such as how long did it last, was it everyday and was it worse before or after eating. She already knew what the problem was but she couldn't inform Duo at this stage, having given G her word to wait until he arrived on Earth.

"Any idea what it could be, Sally?" Heero asked, ignoring the daggers being sent in his direction from an unhappy Duo.

"I have a pretty good idea what it could be, but I will need to double check a few things first and maybe take a blood sample."

"See, Heero," Duo whined. "Now I'm gonna get used as a pincushion again and it's all your fault."

"I'll make it up to you, Duo."

"You will......? How?" Duo's voice lowered.

Heero leaned in close. "Once you're all better I'll take you to bed and make wild passionate love to you... all night."

"Ohhh... Heero." Duo moaned softly.

Sally coughed from the side and two slightly red faced agents remembered that she was there. "Just out of curiosity, who gets to play seme?" She asked in all innocence.

Duo wished the bed would open up and swallow him while Heero thought he would self combust with the heat of his embarrassment.

"You don't have to answer that, I was just teasing, that's all." Sally gave them a wink; the reactions of the pair had pretty much answered her unspoken question. Now she knew for certain who the father of Duo's child was. "I'd better get going; I have other things to attend to. Nurse Brown will be in shortly and so will your breakfast. Nothing too heavy for the moment though. I will check back later this afternoon and see how you're doing. Heero, you had best go home, and shower and change, Duo will be fine while you're gone. Wufei will no doubt wish to speak with you both later on and I don't think he will take too kindly to your current appearance." With the words said, Sally left the room and the pair alone.

"I guess I should go home and shower," Heero said.

"I think you should, Heero. You are getting a little ripe." Duo teased.

"Hn. You can't talk."

"Hey! I resent that."

"Baka!" Heero leaned in and pressed a kiss to Duo's lips. "I'll be back as soon as I can."

"You had better, Yuy."

Heero bestowed one last kiss to Duo's pouting lips and then with a squeeze to his lover's hand, he went to leave. The orderly, with Duo's breakfast, and Nurse Brown both arrived just as he was leaving.

"I'll see you soon, Duo."

"I'm not going anywhere, Heero," Duo chuckled and then grimaced as the muscles in his abdomen protested their use.

"Time for breakfast for you, young man," Nurse Brown stated and began to bustle around.

Duo gave Heero a *save me* look which Heero promptly ignored, opting to give his lover a smirk instead. Blowing a kiss to a peeved looking Duo, Heero left to get cleaned up.

~ * ~

tbc.....