Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Chimaera ❯ Chapter 31 ( Chapter 31 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: I don't own the G'boys, I just borrow them from time to time to play with and return them a whole lot happier, ne?

Rating: NC 17

Warnings: Yaoi, Lemon, sap, angst, Male Pregnancy, medical themes

Pairings: 1x2x1

Archive: http://gundam-wing-diaries.150m.com

http://sweetlysour.net.

http://adultfanfiction.net

http://www.theforsakenwk.com

Many thanks to DBZVelena, Ryouga and Yami_Tai for the beta. Also thanks to Yami_Tai for the title of this fic.

Notes: Set partially during the series but main bulk after the war. EW didn't take place. The Eve wars are finished and the peace retained. The pilots have all gone their own ways, Heero and Duo have made a life together both working for Preventer when Duo's world is turned upside down as his unknown past comes back to haunt him.

Dedication: To Velena who gave me the plot bunny for this little gem.

Status: In progress.

~ Indicates flashbacks ~

/ thoughts /

"Chimaera"

October. 2003 ShenLong

Chapter 31

Heero returned to the hospital a couple of hours later as promised to find his lover swamped with pillows and a pissed off look on his face. Ignoring the urge to snicker he walked up and placed a kiss to Duo's lips. "How are you feeling now?"

"Sore, humiliated, and bored shitless."

Heero raised an eyebrow. "Humiliated?" he asked, as he pulled the chair to the bedside and sat on it. "The sore and bored shitless I can understand, but the humiliated?"

"Yeah, humiliated."

"Are you going to tell me why or am I going to have to drag it out of you?"

Duo glared. "She gave me a bed bath."

Heero tried to school his features to neutrality. "And why would that humiliate you, Duo? I take it that the 'she' is Nurse Brown?"

Duo nodded.

"She's a nurse, Duo; she's probably seen more naked men than a locker room, so what you have isn't going to make any difference to her."

"Yeah, I know, but it makes all the difference to me, and it's still humiliating. I mean, this is my equipment we're talking about here. In any case, what happened to the 'No one touches what's mine' rant?" Duo cocked his head to one side, a smirk on his face as he waited for Heero's answer.

Heero shook his head. "This is different, Duo. She's a fully trained professional and not interested in your package, and may I remind you that she's female and you're gay." Giving Duo a look that clearly said Heero wasn't going to discuss the matter further he lifted up the bag he'd carried in and placed it on the bed. "I've brought you your laptop and some of your books to read while you're in here, to help stop the boredom."

"Thanks, Heero."

Heero placed the books on the small side locker and the laptop inside it and sat down again. "Wufei will be calling in soon; he wants to get your statement so he can put the report in."

"I thought he would. I don't know if my statement is gonna be of any use though, Heero. I really can't remember all that much after the surrender," Duo's voice was soft.

"You don't know that, Duo. Your statement, combined with mine and Wufei's plus the security tapes, should yield enough evidence to put them all behind bars for some time. I will stay with you while Wufei is here if you like but then I'll have to leave you for a bit."

"Oh?"

"Commander Une wishes to speak with me in relation to the death of one terrorist."

Duo felt the anger rising in his chest. "They're not going to discipline you over that, are they? It wasn't your fault, Heero." Duo lowered his eyes. If only he had been more aware then none of this would have happened. He should have noticed that Moran wasn't around; he shouldn't have let his guard down and allowed Moran to take him hostage. A hand upon his arm stopped his train of thought.

"Do not blame yourself, Duo. Nothing you could have done would have changed what happened. We both knew the risks when we took the assignment." Heero gazed into his lover's violet depths.

Duo swallowed, Heero didn't know the half of it. Maybe if he'd told Heero about Moran's groping of him and threats to get him then they could have been alert and aware of his position at all times. "Heero?"

"Hai."

"This, Moran guy...." Duo looked up. "There's something about him I think you should know. Well, he was the one that was suspicious of me and my background; he was the one that was causing the trouble." Duo's voice faltered.

Heero reached out and lifted Duo's chin, there was more to this than Duo had been letting on. "What else did he do, Duo?"

"He... Umm... He tried to grope me, he wanted me to..."

Heero's eyes were blazing, his free hand curled into a fist so tight that the nails bit into his palm.

"I did stop him though, I wouldn't let him touch me..." Duo trailed off, noting the look of pure anger and hatred in Heero's eyes.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Heero's voice was trembling slightly and Duo could tell it was taking all Heero's self control not to explode.

"I didn't tell you because of the way you were treating me, always protecting me. If I had told you what Moran was up to then there was no way you would have let me carry on with the mission and that wasn't an option." Duo turned away. "Even now you're reacting that way, as if I can't take care of myself."

Heero's fist uncurled and he felt the anger drain from him. "You're right," he whispered. "I would have reacted that way and that wasn't what you needed. I'm sorry, Duo."

Duo reached out and pulled Heero close to him. "It's all right now, Heero. I appreciate you wanting to look after me, to protect me but I am a grown man, I can take care of myself and you have to let me do that, let me make my own mistakes and learn from them. If you don't then you will only succeed in destroying the trust we have worked so hard to build between us." Duo's eyes shone with love and tenderness as he spoke the soft words. Heero trembled slightly in his arms and Duo rubbed his palm up and down Heero's back, soothing gently.

"Forgive me?"

"There is nothing to forgive, Heero."

"What did I ever do to deserve you?" Heero whispered quietly.

"Drew the short straw?" Duo quipped.

Heero gave him a frustrated look. Any further banter was prevented though as Wufei knocked and entered the room.

"Maxwell, Yuy." Wufei acknowledged the pair as he strode over to the bedside and pulled up another chair. "How are you feeling, Maxwell?"

"Oh, you know, Wuffy. Fine and dandy and ready to go out and tango."

Wufei gave him a sour look. "Somehow I can't envision Yuy doing the tango, the rose between the teeth doesn't seem to fit with the macho image."

Heero turned to the Chinese agent, his eyes wide. "I do not believe I just heard that from you."

"Ahhh... looks like Wuffers is finally getting that sense of humor," Duo snickered.

"I've always had it, Maxwell, you just don't know how to appreciate it." Wufei gave him a look that clearly said the subject was now closed and if he dared to misuse Wufei's name again he would be needing more than the hospital bed. "Now, if we are ready, I need to take down your statement, Maxwell." Wufei reached into the briefcase he'd brought with him and removed a pen and writing pad.

Duo sighed. "I don't know if what I can remember will be of much help, pretty much all that happened after the surrender is a blank, until I woke up in here."

"Just tell me what you can remember."

Duo proceeded to reiterate everything that had happened from when he left the apartment and met up with the other terrorists to the surrender and his handcuffing. "I can't remember anything after the 'cuffs were placed on me and Agent Sand began to escort me out. I do recall an elevator but it's pretty hazy. After that, everything is blank until I woke up in here."

Wufei finished scribbling down the notes, a frown creasing his brow. "I will type this statement up and bring it back to you for you to go over and sign later. For now though I trust you will allow me to present it as it stands to Commander Une."

Duo nodded.

"I will still expect you to write up your complete report on this entire assignment. That means everything from start to finish."

"Well, at least I won't be bored anymore." Duo sighed.

Heero couldn't help the chuckle. "I'll bring your discs for you later on this afternoon, after I have finished with Commander Une and typed up my own report."

Duo gave him a small glare. "Don't think you have to rush any, Heero. I mean, it's not as if I'm going anywhere anytime soon."

Wufei placed the pen and writing pad back into the briefcase and stood. "Yuy," he stated as he looked pointedly at his watch.

"Hai. I'm coming, Chang." Heero stood up and leant over the prone form on the bed. Wufei rolled his eyes and discreetly left, waiting for Heero just outside the door.

"I'll be back as soon as I can, Duo," Heero said as he brushed his lips over Duo's.

Duo did his best to wrap his arms around his partner which wasn't easy given his position and injuries, but he managed to form some sort of an embrace. "Love you, Heero."

"Aishiteru, Duo. I will be back soon. You just rest and no flirting with the nurses." Heero kissed his partner once more and then left.

Duo watched him go, shaking his head at the very thought of flirting with the nurses. Obviously Heero hadn't seen the majority of them. Speaking of the 'battle axe,' as Duo had decided to dub Nurse Brown; the woman entered the room, with something that looked suspiciously like pills in her hand.

"Time for your medication, Mr. Maxwell," Nurse Brown stated in her no nonsense voice.

Duo pouted. "I hate drugs."

"And I hate giving them to patients but unfortunately you need them to prevent any infection and to keep you healthy." Nurse Brown placed the small cup that contained three pills onto the movable tray that sat partway across Duo's bed. She bustled around, filling the glass with water and handing it to Duo, who reluctantly took it.

"I really don't like taking drugs," he stated again. "Had too many bad experiences with them during the war," he muttered, not wanting to re-live any of his past.

"I promise you that these will not harm you or your body in any way, Mr. Maxwell." Nurse Brown reached for the paper cup and tipped the pills out into her hand and passed them to Duo.

"What's this one?" Duo asked as he held up a brownish looking capsule.

"That is an iron supplement."

"It's not like the ones I usually take."

"Doctor Po has changed your iron supplement and increased it, now be a good patient and take the pill."

Duo still looked at the small capsule with suspicion. "Why?"

Nurse Brown sighed. "She will explain her reasons when she does her rounds later on, now take the pill."

Duo placed it on his tongue and quickly took a swig of the water to wash it down. He then picked up the white capsule. "What's this one?"

"That is the antibiotic."

"And this one?"

"That is a pain killer."

Duo continued to eye the innocent looking pills with distrust.

"Mr. Maxwell. I suggest that you take the pills and take them now without any further complaint. If you don't, I will be forced to administer the drugs by an alternative method." Nurse Brown was clearly becoming annoyed with the long haired patient.

"Alternative method?" Duo asked and quirked an eyebrow.

"Yes, an alternative method." Nurse Brown turned to the small cabinet in the room and removed a pair of latex gloves. She turned back to Duo as she snapped the gloves into place, an evil smirk on her face as she watched the man's eyes widen. "I take it you have heard of suppositories, Mr. Maxwell? Hmmm..."

Duo paled. / She wouldn't... /

"If you don't wish to take the medication orally then I suggest you roll over and drop the underwear."

/ Scratch that... she would! /

Duo quickly tossed the two pills into his mouth and followed them with a large gulp of water. He had no intention of letting anyone other than Heero near his ass!

Nurse Brown chuckled as she left the ward. / Ahh, there was more than one way to skin a cat. /

~ * ~

Floating lazily, the little fetus was at peace with its surroundings, cells continuing to divide and multiply, each having been designated a certain area of the forming human. The internal organs were slowly beginning to take shape, the heart was nearly formed and the brain was growing rapidly. A covering of skin now protected the fetus and four small *buds* appeared, the first signs of the embryonic limbs.

Yes, the fetus was quite happy in its liquid world, oblivious to the chaos that was soon to surround it and its *mother*.

~ * ~

Heero reported to Commander Une, prepared to state his case and admit the facts as they occurred. He wasn't sure if he would be disciplined over his actions; after all, part of the Preventer oath that he and Duo had taken was not to kill. But this had been different. Heero had gone over the scenario in his head many times since the actual shooting. He had analyzed the situation from every conceivable angle, weighed up the options that had been available and still came to the same conclusion...

There hadn't been any other way.

He told his side of the story, omitting nothing and not faltering in his speech as he related all that had occurred, from the moment he had understood his partner was being held hostage, to drawing his gun and disabling the terrorist. When he reached the part where Duo had been shot his voice trembled slightly but he didn't stop. "I did what was necessary under the circumstances. The terrorist had already disabled one agent, intending to kill and would have continued to shoot until he reached his objective. I merely stopped that from happening." Heero gave Une a steady gaze, his eyes clear. He had nothing to hide. "I would like to state though that after going over the event several times, I can not find any other way that could have dealt with the situation."

Une leaned forwards, placing her elbows on the desk and entwining her fingers together before resting her chin upon them. "Agent Day, I have no doubt that you acted in a manner befitting your status as an agent, however..."

Heero sat up straighter in his chair.

"I cannot make a judgment on this matter until I have Agent Fire's statement and have viewed the security tapes." Une turned to Wufei. "Agent Fire, I trust you have your report for me?"

"Yes, commander." Wufei passed over the file he had withdrawn from his briefcase. "All the notes are in there but I will briefly tell you what I saw that occurred of the incident." Wufei proceeded to inform Une of his side of the story, making sure to let her know that Heero had only been shooting in self defense and the defense of another agent. "I also have the tapes here that will confirm both Agent Day's and my own statements. Agent Night's statement is also in the file although he cannot remember anything about the shooting incident." Wufei handed over the tapes and Une took them, turning to the small vid player and screen that sat on a desk to the side of her main one.

Heero felt his heart lurch and his breathing falter as the screen glowed and then focused, the scene from the conference room showing up. His fists clenched again and the sweat broke out on his brow. He gave a strangled sort of moan.

Wufei turned to the Japanese man and noted the pale expression and the tremble of the limbs. Turning his attention back to Une, he spoke quietly but with an air of authority. "I think Agent Day can be excused while we view the tapes, Commander."

Une looked up and noticed the state the agent was getting into. "Of course. Agent Day, please wait outside, we will call for you once we have finished looking at these."

Heero stood up, and nodded to Une and turned. He gave Wufei a grateful look as he exited the office. He really didn't need to watch his lover being shot again.

~ * ~

tbc.....