Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Chimaera ❯ Chapter 33 ( Chapter 33 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: I don't own the G'boys, I just borrow them from time to time to play with and return them a whole lot happier, ne?

Rating: NC 17

Warnings: Yaoi, Lemon, sap, angst, Male Pregnancy, medical themes

Pairings: 1x2x1

Archive: http://gundam-wing-diaries.150m.com

http://sweetlysour.net.

http://adultfanfiction.net

http://www.theforsakenwk.com

Many thanks to DBZVelena, Ryouga and Yami_Tai for the beta. Also thanks to Yami_Tai for the title of this fic.

Notes: Set partially during the series but main bulk after the war. EW didn't take place. The Eve wars are finished and the peace retained. The pilots have all gone their own ways, Heero and Duo have made a life together both working for Preventer when Duo's world is turned upside down as his unknown past comes back to haunt him.

Dedication: To Velena who gave me the plot bunny for this little gem.

Status: In progress.

~ Indicates flashbacks ~

/ thoughts /

"Chimaera"

October. 2003 ShenLong

Chapter 33

"How do you know that Heero is the father? How do you know that the fetus is even alive? The chances of this happening, not to mention the pregnancy going to full term are somewhere in the range of a million to one. There are so many what if's and how's that I don't even know where to begin," G growled

"I always said that kid was something special," Howard grinned.

"Now is not the time for your warped sense of humor, Howard," Dr. G snapped.

"Well, I don't see why you lot are making this out to be such a big deal. So Duo is pregnant, shouldn't you be concentrating on how to help him through this and not on what you lot feel about it?" Howard stated, his sunglasses flashing as the light reflected off them through the window of the car.

"Howard's right," Sally said, aiming her words at Dr. G. "This isn't about you or me, ethics or morals; it's about Duo and how this is going to affect him, not to mention Heero. We need to figure out how we can help him through this."

"It's quite simple, my dear," G began. "There isn't any question about it. From what I remember of Duo's physical condition there is no way he will be able to carry a child to full term. He is predominantly male and therefore the only option is to remove the fetus as well as the female organs, then all this nonsense will be over and done with."

"Shit!" Howard cursed as he was suddenly slammed into his seatbelt, his glasses nearly falling from his face as Sally hit the brakes... hard.

Ignoring the traffic that was beginning to back up behind her Sally turned to the doctor, a glint in her eye and a pissed off look on her face. Howard remembered that look. He'd seen it before on Peacemillion. Personally he hadn't wanted to see it again but it looked as though his wishes were to be ignored. At least the look was aimed at G and not himself. Idly he wondered if G knew what sort of a hell cat he'd just gotten himself into an argument with.

"Don't you think that Duo should have some say in all of this? After all, this is his body and his child we are talking about, not to mention Heero's as well." Sally stated. The blaring of car horns took Sally's attention back to the road for the moment and she maneuvered the car to the emergency lane on the side of the busy road.

"I don't see that it has anything to do with Heero," G replied, his voice cold.

That was the final straw for Sally. Her eyes blazed and her body shook with suppressed rage. Howard discreetly sat back in his seat, trying to become one with the interior lest the woman begin to take out her anger and obvious disgust on him. Somehow he had a feeling that G was about to discover the true wrath of a woman.

Sally leaned closer to Dr. G determined to make her point and be heard. "How dare you!" she hissed. "How dare you sit there and tell me that this is nothing but nonsense and that neither Duo nor Heero has a say in what happens to themselves or their child. I haven't told them of the current situation as you requested, but rest assured, I will most certainly be telling them when we arrive at HQ. Who or what gives you the right to play God?! This is a living breathing human being we are talking about and as far as I was able to tell the fetus is alive. As for Duo being able to carry to full term; that is something I haven't even looked at yet. This is a decision that can only be made by Duo and Heero, you and I are merely the advisors here, so whatever they decide, it is up to us as medical professionals to support them in any way we can." Sally sat back in her seat and ran a hand over her eyes. This was all getting more and more complicated by the minute.

G swallowed. "Have you quite finished now?"

Sally turned to face the weathered man once more. "No, not by a long shot if you ever talk about Duo like that again! He's not some sort of lab rat."

"I suggest we carry on to Preventer and discuss this further in your office where I can view the ultra sound pictures you took. I'm assuming that you did save them?" The voice was condescending. Sally chose to ignore it.

"Of course I saved them," she snorted. "Unlike some, I do act in a professional manner and put my patient's well being before anything else." Sally turned to check the oncoming traffic and carefully eased back out into it. The rest of the trip was made in silence.

~ * ~

Heero returned to the Preventer building and quickly made his way to the third floor and the small hospital there. It was early but Heero didn't care. He hadn't slept much that night and was eager to get back to his lover. He'd brought his own laptop with him as well as the discs, intending to spend the day with his beloved and type up his report at the same time. He felt inside his jacket pocket; yes, the small Crunchie bar was still there. He'd grabbed it on the way home last night, knowing how much Duo loved them. He thought it might cheer his lover up, providing he was allowed to eat it.

Duo had spent a fairly peaceful night, the wounds were healing nicely and now that the drip had been removed, he could get more comfortable. He'd dutifully peed in the bottle and handed it over to Nurse Brown who had taken it away to measure the volume of output as compared with the intake. Satisfied that his system was working okay, Sally did some other tests to check on things like protein content, blood traces etcetera and when the results came back as normal, she allowed the cannula to be removed.

Duo raised his hand to his scalp and scratched, his hair felt thick and dirty and his scalp itched. He needed to wash it but that was out of the question at the moment. He was dammed if he was going to let the battle axe help him to shower, that's if Sally would allow him to get up and shower. He turned his head to the window, the sun was up and the birds were chirping happily in the trees. "And I'm stuck in here," Duo grumbled.

"Good morning, Mr. Maxwell. How are you feeling today?" Nurse Brown entered the room and made her way to the bed. Slipping an arm around Duo's shoulders she carefully eased Duo into a sitting position, pushing the pillows into place behind him.

"Fine, I guess," he replied.

Nurse Brown suitably tisked and set about tidying up his bed, changing his water and opening the curtains wide. "Now, Mr. Maxwell, the orderly will be here soon with your breakfast, Doctor Po has said you can try eating more solid food today, seeing as how everything is looking good with your recovery so far."

"Where is Sally?" Duo asked. "She's usually been in to see me by now."

"She's had to go out for a while, she shouldn't be too much longer though and then I'm sure she will be in to see you. Was there anything in particular you wanted to speak with her about? Anything I might be able to help with?" Nurse Brown asked.

Duo sighed. "No, not really."

"You don't sound very convinced."

"I was hoping she would let me up today to take a shower. My hair needs washing and I can't do that in the bed." Duo looked up at the nurse who was about to speak. "No, no one touches my hair other than Heero," he growled. "So don't even think about it."

Nurse Brown stared at him. "I was going to suggest that maybe when your partner came in, he could help me get you into the shower chair and assist you to wash yourself and your hair, providing of course that Dr. Po say's you may shower."

Duo gave her an apologetic look. "Sorry, it's just that, well, my hair is kinda sacred to me. I don't let anyone near it."

"That's okay; you don't have to explain to me, Mr. Maxwell. Now, your breakfast should be here in a moment so while you eat, I will see what I can find out in regards to your showering and fetch your pills and fresh dressings for your wounds." Nurse Brown said and then disappeared.

The orderly arrived a few minutes after the Nurse had left and placed Duo's breakfast tray on the mobile bed tray and wheeled it up to him. "Enjoy your breakfast, I'll be back soon to fetch the dishes."

Duo waited until the orderly had left before checking out the contents of the tray. There was a glass of orange juice and what looked suspiciously like toast. There was also a covered bowl. Raising the lid on the bowl Duo took a look and then quickly replaced it as he felt his stomach objecting to the smell of the food.

Porridge.

He hated porridge. Even more so now. His fight with his stomach became a valiant one, one he was rapidly losing. He grappled for the button to push and alert the nursing staff to his dilemma whilst trying to keep his stomach contents inside. Seconds later Nurse brown walked back in the room. "What is it, Mr. Max... Oh, my lord!" The nurse quickly grabbed the small bowl from the side cabinet and placed it in front of the heaving figure, her hand gently rubbing his back as he brought up what little he had in his stomach. Once he'd finished vomiting he lay back, exhausted into the pillows.

Nurse Brown fetched him a glass of water so he could rinse his mouth and then proceeded to dispose of the bowl and its contents. She returned moments later. "How are you feeling now?" she asked as she pushed the mobile tray out of the way.

"Okay, I guess. I don't know what sparked that off, I think it was the smell of the porridge," he replied, running a hand shakily over his cool and sweaty face.

"I think some dry toast and a little tea might be in order for you, young man," Nurse Brown said as she went to retrieve a wash cloth from the bathroom and gently wiped Duo's face.

Duo didn't have the strength to argue with her, he felt drained, washed out. He hadn't felt this tired in ages. Maybe the wounds he'd suffered had taken more out of him than he'd thought. He became aware of Nurse Brown bringing the mobile tray back again; only this time there was just a plate with a slice of toast on it. Carefully she moved around so as Duo could eat unhindered, but she was there to support him if he needed it. Somehow her fussing over him reminded him of another person... Heero.

As if he had heard Duo speak his name, Heero walked into the room, noting the pale complexion of his lover. "Duo?"

"I'm fine, Heero. Just a little disagreement between my stomach and the smell of porridge," Duo replied.

Nurse Brown removed the now empty plate. "I will go and fetch you that cup of tea now, Mr. Maxwell."

"I'd rather have coffee," Duo wheedled.

Nurse Brown paused in the doorway. "Tea would be more suited to a person in your condition," she stated and left the room.

"My condition?" Duo asked, quirking an eyebrow, but the nurse was gone.

Heero quickly took up his stance at the bedside. "How are you really feeling, Duo?" he asked, his voice barely able to hide the concern.

"All things considered, I'm doing okay. It was just the smell of the porridge that set me off I think, other than that I feel okay, just a little tired, that's all." Duo fiddled with the blanket.

"I suppose that's understandable, given everything you've been through these past few days, it's bound to catch up with you sooner or later," Heero stated as he sat on the edge of the bed and drew Duo into his arms, placing a tender kiss to his lips as he did so.

"I just want to go home, Heero." Duo sighed softly. "I'm sick and tired of all this fussing around me, being poked and prodded. I want to sleep in my own bed with my own blankets and pillow, with you there beside me."

"I know, Duo." Heero's heart was heavy in his chest. "I want you home with me more than anything. I'll speak with Sally when she comes around and see what she says. I have the next two weeks off so I will be able to take care of you and make sure you do nothing but rest and heal."

"Would you, Heero?" Duo's face lit up a little at the prospect of being able to go home.

"Hai, I will." Heero pulled him close again, feathering kisses along Duo's jaw.

Nurse Brown returned and the pair reluctantly pulled apart. They were still a bit uncomfortable displaying their love in front of others, especially ones they didn't know all that well. There were still quite a few people that frowned upon same sex couples, even though it had been legalized for a number of years. Both Heero and Duo hadn't survived this long without being cautious, it was a trait hard to abandon.

"Here's your tea, Mr. Maxwell," Nurse Brown said and placed the cup on the side cabinet where Duo could reach it. "Just sip at it and I'm sure you will find it will settle your stomach for you."

"Thank you," Duo returned politely and carefully picked up the cup. He sipped at it as he'd been told to and was surprised to find that the sweet liquid did in fact help a bit in soothing his upset stomach.

Nurse Brown gave him a knowing smile before bustling around again and getting towels, soap and shampoo set up in the bathroom. Duo gave Heero a look and rolled his eyes. "Bed bath," he mouthed.

Heero gave him a smirk.

Duo smacked Heero upside the head.

Nurse Brown gave them both a stern look.

The pair gazed sheepishly at her, like two children caught with their hands in the cookie jar. "I managed to get a hold of Doctor Po and she said that providing you keep the wounds as dry as possible you may take a shower today." Nurse Brown waited for the news to sink in.

Duo let go a whoop of joy which he managed to turn into a strangled cough.

She smiled at him and turned to Heero. "If you do not mind, could you assist me to get him to the shower?" Heero nodded in reply. "Good. Then if you're happy to, I will leave you to bathe him and wash his hair while I fetch his medication and fresh gown. I'll also change the sheets while I'm at it."

"No problem," replied Heero.

Nurse Brown checked the wound sites first and covered them both with a plastic backed gauze pad, taping the entire squares into place and ensuring that the wound sites would stay dry. Next, she showed Heero how she wanted him to pick Duo up and between the two of them they managed to get him into the shower and sitting in the plastic shower chair. "I'll leave you to it then. I will return shortly with the fresh gown, just press the buzzer over there when you're finished and I'll help you to get him back into the bed." Nurse Brown exited and left the pair alone.

Duo sighed. "I'm getting a bit fed up with all this fussing," he admitted.

"Enjoy it while you can, Duo. Une will have your ass back out there and working hard before you know it," Heero stated as he helped Duo to remove the hospital gown and his boxers. With his partner now naked he turned on the water and adjusted the temperature until he deemed it warm enough. He lifted the detachable shower head from the holder in the wall and brought it to his lover's skin, gently soaking him.

Duo closed his eyes in bliss, the warmth of the water sluicing over his skin washing away the last remnants of the mission and leaving him feeling clean and refreshed. He moaned softly as Heero worked the soapy wash cloth over him, careful of his wound sites, cleansing every inch of his body. Once the skin was rinsed off, Heero turned his attention to the thick rope of hair. He released the tie and let the chestnut locks unravel, running his fingers through the mass and separating the strands. The water followed and then the shampoo, Heero's fingers deftly working the soapy substance all the way from scalp to ends. After rinsing it out, Heero applied a generous amount of conditioner, making sure he covered every strand of hair. Finally the job was done and Heero switched the water off. He managed to wring the excess water from Duo's hair and then wrapped it in a thick, fluffy towel. He carefully dried the rest of his lover off and went back out into the room to find that Nurse Brown had been back and changed the bed, leaving a fresh gown on the top. Heero retrieved a clean pair of boxers from the bag of clothing he'd brought Duo the day before and returned to the bathroom. Not long after he called for the nurse and the two of them assisted Duo out of the bathroom and back into the bed.

Duo sank gratefully into the softness of the pillows, the small task of taking a shower and washing his hair leaving him worn out. He felt Heero gently nudge him forwards and reluctantly he allowed himself to be propped up away from the pillows so as Heero could brush his hair. It didn't take long before Heero was placing the tie to the end of the thick braid and Duo was purring like a kitten from the attention.

Nurse Brown returned with the medication which Duo took without argument, he had no intention of letting the woman even think about latex gloves. Once she was satisfied he had taken the pills she changed the dressings again and helped him to lie back. "Now then, Mr. Maxwell. Doctor Po will be in to see you soon, just after lunch time I think. I suggest you get some rest between now and then."

Duo gave her a sleepy look and nodded. "I will stay with him," Heero stated and removed his laptop from the case. "I can write up my report while he sleeps."

"I will be in from time to time to check on him, if you need anything in the meantime just press the buzzer, okay?"

"Arigato." Heero plugged his laptop into the power point and waited for the system to boot up, Nurse Brown left after checking Duo's vitals.

The familiar sounds of tapping greeted Duo's ears and he watched his lover typing away. The noise was soothing. Duo let his eyes drift shut and slipped into the world of dreams, knowing he was safe.

~ * ~

Sally pulled up in the Preventer car park and cut the engine. The three occupants got out, Sally popping the trunk for Howard to remove their hand luggage. "Follow me, gentleman," and Sally headed for the elevator, Howard and G right behind.

The trip to the third floor and Sally's rooms was made in silence, however, that all soon changed once they stepped inside the small office. Sally took up her position behind her desk and located Duo's file. She flipped through it until she found the section she wanted and then passed it across the table to G. Sitting back in her chair and folding her arms across her chest she glared at the Doctor.

"I suggest you read through that information and then we will discuss what the options are open to Duo and Heero are before we go through to the hospital and inform them of this..."

"Bun in the oven?" Howard offered.

"Actually I was thinking more along the lines of impending parenthood, Howard," Sally stated, giving Howard a *look*.

G studied the information in the file before placing it back on the desk and narrowing his eyes. He stared straight at Sally. "Okay, let's talk."

~ * ~

tbc......