Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Chimaera ❯ Chapter 48 ( Chapter 48 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: I don't own the G'boys, I just borrow them from time to time to play with and return them a whole lot happier, ne?

Rating: NC 17

Warnings: Yaoi, Lemon, sap, angst, Male Pregnancy, medical themes

Pairings: 1x2x1

Archive: http://gundam-wing-diaries.150m.com

http://sweetlysour.net.

http://adultfanfiction.net

http://www.theforsakenwk.com

Many thanks to DBZVelena, Ryouga and Yami_Tai for the beta. Also thanks to Yami_Tai for the title of this fic.

Notes: Set partially during the series but main bulk after the war. EW didn't take place. The Eve wars are finished and the peace retained. The pilots have all gone their own ways, Heero and Duo have made a life together both working for Preventer when Duo's world is turned upside down as his unknown past comes back to haunt him.

Dedication: To Velena who gave me the plot bunny for this little gem.

Status: In progress.

~ Indicates flashbacks ~

/ thoughts /

"Chimaera"

October. 2003 ShenLong

Chapter 48

Hearing Hilde's voice on the answering machine, Heero moved behind his lover to better listen to the message.

"Hey, Duo, Heero. Where are you guys...?" There was a short pause. "I got your new number in the last e-mail; hope this is the right one. Look, I'm coming Earth-side in a couple of days, got to do some shopping for the wedding and there isn't a whole lot of stuff to chose from on L2 so I'm making a trip to Earth. I was kinda hoping we could catch up while I'm there. Anyway, you're both probably busy so I'll try calling again tomorrow or if you could give me a ring back that would be great. Catch ya, guys, and don't do anything I wouldn't do and if you do, name it after me..." There was a wicked snicker and then the sound of disconnection.

Duo snorted and pushed the rewind button. "Don't do anything she wouldn't do and if we do, name it after her?" Duo turned to Heero. "Boy, is she ever in for a shock!"

Heero pulled his lover close and kissed his pouting lips. "I refuse to call this child Hilde if it's a girl."

"Oh? What's wrong with Hilde?"

"Nothing. I just want our child to have a name that's special, something of its own that reflects the love and special circumstances in which it was conceived," Heero replied in a husky tone.

"Awww... Heero, you can be such a sap at times," Duo responded as the now familiar swell of emotion welled in his heart and eyes.

Gently Heero brushed the tears from his lover's cheeks and kissed him again. "I love you, little mother," he teased.

"Watch who you're calling little... Pops," Duo growled.

"Pops?" Heero's eyebrow quirked. "I rather prefer dad or daddy or Otousan."

"Well, don't think for one minute you're gonna start calling me mom!"

"Why not?" Heero continued to tease his lover. "You are the child's mother are you not?"

"Technically I suppose, but in case you have forgotten, Yuy..." Duo pressed his very firm erection against Heero's stomach. "...I'm all man too."

Heero shivered. "Hai, I know," he whispered back and carried his lover to the large bed, depositing him on the sheets and climbing to lie next to him. He pulled up the covers and proceeded to lavish Duo with plenty of attention.

"Ohhh..." Duo moaned. "I guess I'll call Hilde back in the morning..."

~ * ~

Duo played the role of dutiful partner and stood on the steps out the front of the mansion to wave Heero off to work; once the car was out of sight, he disappeared back inside and headed to the room they had set up as an office. Putting the files he was working on to one side he picked up the 'phone and called the scrap yard on L2. Given the time difference between Earth and the Colonies Hilde should be in the office.

The 'phone passed through the various connection relays and did its thing bouncing off satellites and then finally he heard the familiar sound of ringing. After four rings the 'phone was answered.

"Hilmark Scrap and Salvage, how can I help you?"

"Hilde?"

"Duo? Duo, is that you?"

"Yup, it's me, Hilde. How you doing, sis?"

"I'm fine, Duo. What about you?"

"Great, never better. So what's this I hear about you coming Earth-side?"

"You know how it is, L2 shops don't seem to have half the things I need for this wedding. The only place I can get what I really want is on Earth so I'm coming down for a few days."

"I hope you're going to come and stay with us while you're here," Duo's words were spoken in a tone that suggested he wouldn't take no for an answer.

"I'd love to, Duo. As long as I won't be in the way and it's all right with Heero."

"Heero won't mind in the least and it will be good to see you again, it's been a while and e-mails don't cut it."

Hilde sighed. "You can say that again. I miss you guys."

"We miss you too, Hilde. So, when are you arriving?"

"Catching the morning shuttle on Friday. It arrives at the Earth port at two in the afternoon, Earth time. If you give me the address I can catch a cab to your place, I don't want you guys having to take time off work to fetch me or anything."

"That's okay, Hilde. I can come and pick you up. I'm working from home at the moment so it's not going to matter if I play hookie for a couple of hours."

"You're working from home? Nothing wrong is there, Duo? You and Heero are still together? You haven't said anything in your e-mails about there being anything wrong." Hilde's voice began to rise a little.

"No, Hilde, there isn't anything wrong. In fact things couldn't be more perfect," Duo chuckled. "I do have some news for you but I'll wait until you arrive, there will be loads of time to catch up on things then."

"Duuuoooo...." Hilde whined. "Now you have me all curious. How am I going to wait until Friday?"

"Easy, just relax and let time pass you by."

"Did anyone ever tell you you're evil!?"

"Hmmm... Let me see... Several times I think."

"Not even a hint?"

"Nope, not a whisper. You'll just have to wait until Friday," Duo laughed. "Don't worry; it will still be the same on Friday as it is today."

"But Duo, that's a whole two days away! I can't wait that long."

"I'm afraid you will, 'cause I'm not saying another word. Now, give me the details of the shuttle and I'll be there to pick you up..."

A couple of minutes later, Duo had finished his call and sat back in his chair, eyes half closed and an amused smile playing over his face. It would be good to see Hilde again and even better to see how she reacted to the news of his and Heero's impending parenthood. Deciding he'd pondered enough for the moment, he pushed the thoughts aside and picked up the files. Once the computer was booted up, he began the task of researching or 'dirt digging' as he termed it on the persons that Preventer needed whatever information they could get.

~ * ~

Duo informed Heero that night of his conversation with Hilde when they were both relaxing on the couch in front of the television. "I hope it's okay with you, Heero but I invited her to stay here with us while she's Earth-side," Duo said as he twisted to face his lover. "She arrives on Friday and will be here until Tuesday."

"Duo," Heero sighed and then gave him a patient look. "You know you don't have to ask me if Hilde can stay, of course she's welcome, she's family after all."

Duo gave a goofy grin. "Thanks, I didn't think you'd mind but... well, we are partners and all and it's only fair..."

"Duo?"

"Yeah?"

"Shut up."

"Yes, boss!" Duo mock saluted, then picked up his coffee cup and drained the last of the liquid from within it. He put the cup back down and leaned against Heero's chest, snuggling into the strong arms that embraced him. "Sally will be stopping by to do another ultra sound on Friday," he said quietly.

"What time does Hilde get in?"

"Shuttle arrives at two, Sally's not coming until six so I will be able to pick up Hilde and be back in plenty of time."

"Hn. I can fetch her."

"It's okay, Heero. I already told her I'd pick her up. 'Sides, it's easier for me to take a couple of hours off than for you to."

"I don't know, Duo."

Duo rolled his eyes and turned to face his overprotective lover. "Now listen to me, Heero Yuy. I am going to the space port; I am going to pick up Hilde so I suggest you get used to the idea. I'm not an invalid, I'm pregnant for crying out loud and although I'm starting to put on a little weight, it's not enough to cause any concern. No one will know I'm expecting, Heero, lots of guy's have a bit of a belly these days or haven't you noticed?"

Heero frowned, he knew better than to push his luck too far when Duo took this tone of voice with him. It was true; Duo had begun to gain weight but nothing to arouse any form of suspicion. As for other guys having a paunch... "Have you been ogling other men?" Heero's voice sounded serious but his eyes told a different story.

Duo grinned. "Looking and touching are two different things. Don't tell me you're getting jealous, Heero?"

Shaking his head, Heero glared at his teasing lover. "I don't get jealous."

"Sure, sure," Duo snickered.

"Did you tell Hilde the news?" Heero took a slight detour of the topic, squashing the green eyed monster back into his subconscious; he would deal with that later.

"No, no, I haven't. I thought I would wait until she arrives and is settled in, then we can tell her together."

Heero dropped a kiss to the chestnut crown. "I'd better check the status of the smelling salts then."

Duo chuckled. "Reckon there's a chance we will need them?"

"If she reacts the same as everyone else then I'd say there's a pretty strong chance we will need them. Just make sure she's sitting down when we break the news, I'd hate for her to break anything when she falls to the floor," sighed Heero. Fainting was becoming a common occurrence around the pair of them recently.

"Strange how we seem to have that effect on people lately," Duo giggled.

"Yeah, well, shit happens."

That comment sent Duo into hysterics and it was some time before he had calmed enough for the pair of them to make their way to bed.

~ * ~

Duo walked into the shuttle port and looked for the nearest monitor, finding one he strode over to it and checked the arrival time of Hilde's shuttle from L2. It was running ten minutes late. He glanced at his watch. He had twenty minutes before it was expected to land and Hilde would still have to clear customs so he calculated he had a good half an hour up his sleeve. He went to find a coffee shop.

Sitting in one of the chairs, a steaming flat white in his hands, Duo casually looked around him, noting the different people, their positions and what they were up to. / Guess old habits die hard, / he thought to himself. As he'd predicted and repeatedly told Heero, no one paid him the slightest bit of notice. He wore a pair of sweat pants. Although he could still get into a couple of pairs of his jeans it was a struggle to do them up and Duo didn't want to be cutting off his circulation in any way, shape, form or matter, especially to vital areas. No, far better to wear the sweat pants. His oversize T-shirt covered the small bulge and even if it hadn't, most people wouldn't have given him a second glance.

He finished his coffee and checked his watch again, at that same moment the public address system sprang into life and announced the arrival of the shuttle. Scraping his chair back, Duo stood and passing the counter on his way to arrivals, paused to purchase a Crunchie bar. He unwrapped and ate the chocolate treat whilst waiting for Hilde to appear. He didn't have to wait too long, Hilde soon cleared customs and he spotted her familiar dark head amongst the first few passengers to come through the doors.

"Hilde!" Duo wrapped the woman in a bear hug, kissing her cheek.

"Duo!" Hilde dropped her bag and wound her arms around his neck, returning the kiss.

They stayed like that for a short while; arms locked and just enjoyed the feeling of being close together again. Finally they broke apart. "Let me get a good look at you," Duo said as he held the woman at arms length. "You haven't changed much," he teased as he ruffled her hair.

"Neither have you," she smiled and then patted his stomach. "Heero's been looking after you, I see."

/ Better than you think, / Duo's mind replied. "Oh yes, Heero feeds me well. He should be home by the time we get there." Duo bent to pick up Hilde's bag and escorted her from the port. "Car's over this way."

They chatted for a bit as they found the pick up, Hilde filling Duo in on the mergence of the two scrap yards and how business was really taking off. Duo asked the appropriate questions in the right places and gave Hilde a brief run down on his and Heero's current job status with Preventer.

"So how come you're working from home while Heero's at headquarters?"

"I'm doing mission research and planning." It wasn't a lie, he'd told her exactly what he was doing, he just didn't say why.

"Ahhh. So everything is going well between you guys?" Hilde quirked an eyebrow. "I don't want all the details, just to know that Heero is looking after you okay," an amused smile played over her lips.

Duo gave her a grin. "What do you think, Hil?"

She returned the smile with a laugh, then her face turned serious. "What was this news you said you had for me?"

"I'll tell you when we get home and you're settled in. Besides, Heero wants to be there too."

Hilde pouted. "Not fair. You said you'd tell me when I got here and now I'm here and you still won't tell me."

"I will, Hilde, I will." Duo gave her a mischievous smile and placed his hand over the top of hers, squeezing lightly.

Sighing and knowing she wasn't going to get anything more out of him, she relaxed back into the seat and watched the landscape roll past.

~ * ~

Duo met Heero at the door when he arrived home from work, enveloping his lover in a hug and stealing a kiss.

"Hilde arrive okay?"

"Yup. She's upstairs unpacking."

"No problem at the space port?"

"Nope, none. Told you you're a worry wart and that I can take care of myself."

"I know but there's two of you to look out for now, Duo, and besides, I'm an expectant father, it's my job to worry." Heero smirked and partook of his own kiss.

"Heero!" Their kiss was interrupted as Hilde shot down the stairs and made a bee line for the Japanese man.

Heero released Duo and scooped the woman into his arms, swinging her around and hugging her close, much to her surprise.

"Wow, he has loosened up a lot, Duo," she said as she stared at the man whom a few years ago didn't even know what a hug was.

"How have you been, Hilde? And how's that fiancé of yours, treating you right, I hope?"

They adjourned to the lounge room where Hilde filled Heero in on all the latest at the scrap yard. Siska brought them in a pot of coffee and asked if Heero would like her to make dinner for them so he could spend more time with their guest. Heero gratefully accepted and made a mental note to buy the woman something nice when he took Duo shopping at the weekend by way of thank you.

"So, Duo say's you guys have some news for me. He..…" she inclined her head towards Duo, "... wouldn't say anything until you got home, said you both wanted to tell me together." She gazed at the pair expectantly.

Duo, who was sitting next to Heero on the couch, took his lover's hand in his and smiled before turning his eyes back to Hilde. "I don't know how you're going to take this, Hilde, but what I'm about to say to you might come as a bit of a shock."

Heero placed the bottle of smelling salts he'd stopped off to buy on his way home on the table; Hilde looked suspiciously at it but didn't say anything, turning her gaze back to Duo.

Duo took a deep breath. "Please, before you say anything, just hear me out… all of it, okay?"

She nodded.

"Heero and I, well we are going to become parents. And no," he continued quickly seeing as how she was about to speak, "..... no, we are not adopting; Hilde, I'm pregnant. I'm what is known as a hermaphrodite and I have the reproductive organs of a female as well as a male. I'm about twelve weeks along and Heero is the father. Hilde, I'm going to be a mother..."

"Hilde!?" Heero's voice cut through, rather sharply, his hand poised over the bottle of smelling salts.

Hilde sat there, a stunned look on her face as she processed the information. Her mouth began to work but no sound came out, her breathing though began to accelerate. She began to gasp, her face turning red as she struggled to breathe.

"Shit!" Heero cried and grabbed the salts. Duo stopped him.

"No, Heero, she's not going to faint," he cried as he lunged forwards off the couch and knelt beside the woman. "Grab me a paper bag, quick!"

"A what?"

"A paper bag! She's hyperventilating!"

~ * ~

tbc..........