Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Going For Gold ❯ Chapter 29 ( Chapter 29 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: I don't own the G boys, I just borrow them from time to time and return them a whole lot happier. I do own the plot and any other characters, especially the equines, that you will find in this fic. Please do not take them without permission. Written for pleasure not profit.
Pairing: 2x1x2, 3x4, 13x6, H+C
Warnings: Yaoi, lemon, sap, angst, vet themes, AU
Rating: NC 17
Archive: www.gundam-wing-diaries.150m.com Anyone else please ask.
Betaed by Yami_tai *snugs*
Summary: Eighteen months have passed since Heero was advised he was short listed for the Olympic games team. With Zero going well and young Shinigami almost ready to make his showjumping debut, Heero looks set to reach his goal. Life though doesn't always play by the rules.
Dedication: To Leslie who gave me the original idea for Equinity.
Fic 3 in the Equine Intervention Arc.
 
“Going for Gold”
 
January 2007 ShenLong
 
Chapter 29
 
As had been previously stated, the countries would compete in their drawn order, but the order of the individual riders would be in reverse. The commentator announced the order in which the countries would be jumping as it had changed slightly given there were only twelve teams competing in the second round.
 
“Welcome to the second and final round of the 2008 Beijing Olympics showjumping competition,” the commentator began. “The order in which the countries will be jumping is as follows: Germany, Italy, United States of America, Japan, New Zealand, Australia, Great Britain, France, China, Spain, India and Korea. The rounds will commence in a few minutes time, beginning with the fourth riders from each country. They will be followed by the third, second and then first riders...” The commentator continued on, refreshing the memories of the spectators and giving a little bit of a spiel on how the first rounds had gone. He also explained that the course would remain the same, only the heights and widths had changed.
 
Down in the warm up area, Phillip had Geronimo working nicely. The skewbald had pulled up okay after the previous day's round and was looking fit and healthy. The team vet had checked all the horses after their rounds and again in the evening before retiring for the night. He'd checked them again first thing that morning and aside from a little stiffness in Crackerjack that had quickly worn off once Michael had begun to loosen the horse up, everything was fine.
 
All the horses had been tired, but that was to be expected. There were no signs of knocks, scrapes or strains from knocking down rails and the team vet was happy with the health of each animal. He'd sent his report to the games committee and the all clear had been given for the team to proceed into the second round. Whilst some would think all this fuss over a horse was unnecessary and a waste of time, the Olympic committee took their role in ensuring the animals' safety and health were put first very seriously and under no circumstances would they waver from that ruling. All horses had to be vet checked and cleared to compete.
 
Watching Phillip warm up, Noin gave a few last minute words of advice and wished the rider and horse all the best. She asked nothing more than they give it their best shot. Phillip was quietly confident in his own and horse's capabilities, but that didn't mean he was taking this round lightly. On the contrary, he already knew how difficult the course was, and this time it would be even harder.
 
Around him, other competitors were also warming up. All wore the same expression of grim determination on their faces. It warmed Phillip a touch to know he wasn't the only one who was feeling this way.
 
The steward began to call for the riders to get ready. He summoned the German team's fourth rider and had Italy on stand-by. The German entered the arena and the second round of competition began.
 
* * *
 
“Awww... What a shame,” Duo said quietly as the German rider made four faults.
 
Heero cocked an eyebrow. He wasn't sure if his partner was being sympathetic or sarcastic. Chewing on the end of his pencil, Heero waited for the penalties to be confirmed before writing them down in his notebook.
 
The telecast switched to show the final heat of the men's four hundred meter freestyle swimming event, much to Duo's chagrin. He wanted to watch the jumping, not swimming!
 
“If I wanted to watch the damn swimming I'd go to the local pool,” Duo muttered.
 
“They do have to show the highlights and finals of other events too, Duo,” Heero soothed.
 
“Maybe you should get cable,” Zechs suggested. “I heard they are covering a lot of the games and there wouldn't be any adverts. You'd probably get a lot more of the jumping too.”
 
“And pray tell, just when would I get the time to enjoy cable TV?” Duo snorted.
 
“Good point,” Zechs conceded.
 
“Okay, time out. You can debate on cable versus commercial later. The jumping's back on and I want to get the scores,” Heero interrupted.
 
“Is he usually this pushy?” Zechs asked with a smirk.
 
“Only when he really wants something. Usually he's quite submissive,” Duo quipped causing Heero to blush a little at the way those words could be interpreted. Duo saw the blush and grinned.
 
Zechs decided he had more information than he cared for and that now was probably a good time to shut up.
 
* * *
 
The Italian rider also exited the arena with a score of four penalties; the triple claiming yet another 'victim'. The American rider was unlucky, having gone clear over the course but gaining two time penalties for the slowness of his round. The Japanese rider followed and ended up with eight faults, four at part B of the triple and another four at part C.
 
In the stadium stands, the rest of the Australian team watched, feeling more and more nervous as each rider completed their course. It was obvious that this round was going to be a lot harder than the first and any clear round would be well and truly earned.
 
Treize watched carefully, noting how the other riders approached jump nine and then the triple, which was undeniably the 'bug bear' of the entire course. He made a few mental notes and slightly changed his own pre-planned idea of how he would tackle the course.
 
The New Zealand rider entered the arena, saluted and once the bell rang, commenced his round. The pair started out well, clearing the first seven jumps, but then it all fell apart. Flying over the water jump, the New Zealand rider couldn't get his horse back to hand quick enough and they refused jump nine. The second attempt proved more fruitful and the pair cleared the jump, but the horse had been rattled and refused to settle. Poles hit the ground in quick succession as the pair knocked down all three elements of the triple. They were lucky to clear the remaining jumps and left the arena with a score of sixteen penalties.
 
Then it was Phillip's turn.
 
* * *
 
“Ouch,” said Zechs and winced as poles went flying.
 
“That's not good,” Duo stated.
 
“Maybe not good for them, but very good for us,” Heero muttered.
 
“Oh? What happened to good sportsmanship?” Duo questioned with a raised eyebrow. Teasing Heero was fun.
 
“It's taking a little vacation,” Heero replied absently and jotted down the result.
 
Duo rolled his eyes and shook his head. Heero had a dry sense of humor when it suited him.
 
“I think it's us next,” Zechs said and all eyes focused intently on the screen as Phillip and his skewbald entered the arena.
 
* * *
 
Phillip had decided he would tackle the course in the same way he'd first ridden it. He knew he would need to have more impulsion from Geronimo if they were to repeat their first round score. With a determined look in his eye, Phillip commenced his course.
 
Geronimo was feeling fit and raring to go. He'd enjoyed jumping the previous day and was eager to jump again. With pricked ears, he flashed through the starting flags and sailed over jump one.
 
“So far, so good,” muttered Noin, unconsciously crossing her fingers.
 
The rest of the team members held their breath as they kept a close eye on their team mate currently on course. Geronimo was jumping with his usual flair and smoothness, yet to Treize's eye it appeared the course was taking more out of the skewbald than it had in the first round, another testament to just how much more difficult the course was with the increase in height and width.
 
The first five jumps passed cleanly beneath Geronimo, the gelding seeming to take the extra height in his stride. Phillip knew that the hardest part was yet to come and did his best to keep some of Geronimo's energy in reserve. They approached the double and cleared both elements, fence seven following and also cleared. The water jump was next and Phillip gave the skewbald a little more rein whilst pushing the horse forward. Geronimo flattened out and skimmed over the water, his headlong rush being checked rather abruptly as soon as they landed.
 
Sitting hard into his saddle, Phillip used all his skill to bring his horse back to hand and try to get as much impulsion back as possible. They made the turn inside jump three and were on track for jump nine. It wasn't as smooth as their first round and the skewbald found he'd expended a little too much energy over the water. Unfortunately, Phillip wasn't able to drive the gelding together quick enough and they knocked the top rail down.
 
A collective groan came from the Australian team as they watched the pole hit the ground.
 
* * *
 
“Ah, crap,” Duo muttered as he watched the pole fall.
 
“They were doing so well too,” Zechs commented.
 
Heero declined to comment, he hoped that Phillip was enough of a professional to not let this mishap upset him or his horse.
 
Fortunately, Phillip was.
 
* * *
 
Gathering himself and his horse together, Phillip put the falling poles out of his mind and concentrated on driving Geronimo together as the triple was fast approaching and now wasn't a good time to dwell on the four penalties he'd just scored.
 
Geronimo responded to his master's seat and leg, gathering himself up and driving his powerful hind legs underneath himself. They flew over part A, landed, and within seconds were airborne again over part B. The third element followed and Phillip breathed a sigh of relief. Only three more jumps to go.
 
Not letting his concentration waver, Phillip rode his horse at the last three jumps.
 
In the seating area, the rest of the team were biting various appendages as they willed Geronimo and Phillip on. Noin could only hope the pair had enough stamina to finish without further faults.
 
Geronimo was tired, the bigger course had taken a lot out of him and his reserves were running low. Gamely he came into the last fence, giving a supreme effort and managing to scrape over it. Phillip gave the gelding his head and urged him over the finish line, patting the brown and white neck enthusiastically as they broke the timing beam and ended their course.
 
“Four Faults for Phillip Martins on Geronimo for Australia,” the commentator announced.
 
In the arena, the crowd cheered and clapped, the rest of the Aussie team among them. Once Phillip had exited the arena, the group were quick to find their feet and go congratulate their fellow rider.
 
* * *
 
“That was some riding,” said Zechs as he shook his head.
 
“That it was,” replied Heero. “He did well to keep a cool head and finish the course with only four faults.”
 
“All I can say is I'm glad it's them over there and not me,” Duo said. “There's no way in hell I'd ever be able to do what they are.”
 
“I think they all deserve a medal,” stated Zechs.
 
“Win, lose or draw, they have every reason to be proud of themselves. It's an achievement in itself to even make it to the team,” Heero said as he noted down the score.
 
“Well, I don't know about the rest of you, but I could do with a caffeine fix. All this excitement is starting to affect me,” Duo chuckled. “Anyone else want a coffee?”
 
Zechs and Heero both replied in the affirmative.
 
“I'll go put the kettle on while they're showing the gymnastics then.”
 
“You mean you're not going to stay and ogle the men in their tight, white outfits?” Heero teased.
 
“Don't need to,” Duo replied as he got up and made his way to the kitchen. “I've got your hot bod to ogle any time I like; and those outfits aren't a patch on your tight jodhpurs,”
 
Heero blushed red to the roots of his hair; Zechs almost choked on his laughter.
 
* * *
 
Phillip related his experience of the course to the rest of the team, pointing out the changes and how they affected the horse compared to the first round. With a little time up their sleeve, Noin went over the fine details with Phillip, gleaning as much information from the rider as she possibly could and hopefully being able to use that information to give the remaining riders a slight advantage.
 
The team listened intently, drawing what they could from the conversation and Noin's advice. Each would apply that information as best suited their individual animals and themselves. Discussion over, Noin and Treize returned to the arena to continue to watch the remaining competitors. Phillip and John took Geronimo back to the stables, Zoe also going to the stables to get Periwinkle saddled up and begin their warm up. Michael went along too.
 
Noin and Treize took their seats again and discovered that during their absence the British rider had managed to go clear whilst the French rider had eight faults. The Chinese rider was currently on course and having a few problems at the triple. He finished with a score of eight penalties.
 
The Spanish, Indian and Korean riders all made faults and then it was time to rake the arena in preparation for the third riders to have their turn.
 
* * *
 
Heero quickly added up the current scores in his notebook. Depending on how the remaining riders went and which scores the team managers opted to discard, it was still pretty much anyone's competition.
 
“How are the scores looking?” Duo asked as he returned to the lounge with coffees on a tray and a plate of biscuits.
 
“Close,” Heero replied and helped himself to a biscuit.
 
Zechs took a drink of his coffee, glad for the distraction.
 
Duo settled back on the lounge next to Heero and took a peek over the dark haired man's shoulder at the neat figures on the page. He gave a low whistle. “Wow. You weren't kidding. It could go down to the wire judging by those results so far.”
 
“There's still a lot of competition to come and it all depends on how the other riders fare and which scores get dropped,” said Heero as he reached for another biscuit.
 
“Guess we'd better hope the Aussies can keep up the good work then.”
 
//A prayer or two wouldn't go astray either,// Heero thought to himself.
 
* * *
 
Zoe worked Periwinkle around in the warm up area, concentrating hard on keeping the mare's attention. All around other people were working their horses, loosening muscles and preparing for the round ahead. Tension was thick in the air, all riders knew how important a good, second round was going to be and each was as determined as the next to do their very best.
 
The stewards were calling for the riders to present themselves so the next round could get underway. Noin took Zoe to one side and had a quiet chat with the woman, going over last minute details and wishing Zoe all the best. The rest of the team also spoke with Zoe, offering good wishes and bits of advice, ultimately though it came down to the mare, the rider and the course.
 
With nothing more that could be done, the team went back inside the stadium to watch the second round of third riders. Michael stayed behind to share a private moment.
 
“Be careful,” he said softly as he squeezed Zoe's calf. “Phillip said it's a really hard course this time with the extra height.
 
“Don't worry, I'll do the best I can and not take any unnecessary risks,” Zoe replied with a smile.
 
They shared a brief kiss, both knowing that these were the Olympics and risks were the one thing you had to take to be successful.
 
“Good luck.”
 
“Thanks.”
 
With one last kiss, Michael left to join the rest of the team inside the stadium.
 
Zoe gathered up her reins and urged Periwinkle forward. “Right, girl, it's just you, me and that course out there. Let's make our country proud.”
 
Periwinkle gave a toss of her head and snorted.
 
* * *
 
The coverage continued for a while on the gymnastics, the three men following the action on screen with mild interest and a lot of teasing between Heero and Duo. From the gymnastics, the station switched to the swimming again, much to Heero's frustration. He wanted to see how the scores were going. Finally, the coverage went back to the equestrian where the commentators began to give a run down on the current state of events and update the scores.
 
The New Zealand rider was halfway through his round when the telecast resumed and was not having a lot of luck. A hoof in the water was followed by a refusal at jump nine. Upon presenting his horse at the jump again, they cleared it and went on to clear the triple and remaining three jumps. They finished with a total of twelve penalties.
 
Heero grabbed his pen and scribbled down the results thus far. The German rider had scored four faults, the Italian eight. The American rider went well and came out with a clear round, the Japanese rider made four faults and then the New Zealander had eight.
 
“Zoe's going to need to go clear if she can,” Heero muttered.
 
Duo took another look at the current scores and agreed. “They can't afford to have too many faults.”
 
“How do you think it's going, Heero?” Zechs asked.
 
“If the Aussies want to stay in gold medal contention then they really need to go clear; or try to keep the faults at four maximum. The American has gone clear so that really puts the pressure on us.”
 
“Ah.” Zechs returned his attention to the screen and did his best to keep his worries to himself. He couldn't help but worry though. His boyfriend was there, going to jump for his country and the pressure must be enormous. If Zechs was feeling this nervous from only watching, he couldn't begin to imagine how Treize must be feeling.
 
“Zoe's in,” Heero said quietly and all attention flicked back to the screen.
 
* * *
 
Zoe knew this round was important, her nerves disappeared though as she rode into the ring and saluted the judge. The cheers and applause faded into the background as she gathered her reins and patted the muscled neck.
 
The bell sounded and Zoe turned the mare for the start flags, everything forgotten but the horse beneath her and the course ahead.
 
Periwinkle cleared the first three jumps with pricked ears. Being a smart animal she remembered the course from the previous round; she also picked up on the extra height and width. Jumps four and five were similarly cleared and the brave little mare was bearing down on the double.
 
Keeping her hands light on the reins, Zoe guided the mare around the course. She sat down in her saddle and rode the mare together, driving Periwinkle's hocks right underneath her and assisting the mare in every way possible. Phillip's words about the extra height and effort needed from the horse remained in her head and she did her best to ensure that Periwinkle conserved as much energy as possible.
 
Michael watched with his heart in his mouth. He admired the determination and courage shown by both horse and rider, pride swelling in his chest as they cleared jump after jump. He also felt pleased and flattered that Zoe was interested in him. When they'd first met he'd felt an attraction towards the young woman, but never dreamed she would return that attraction. When she had expressed an interest in him, Michael had been completely smitten.
 
Zoe's mind was completely focused on the course and her horse. So far they were doing okay and Zoe wanted to keep it that way. Periwinkle flew over the double, the extra height and width not seeming to make any difference to the horse. Jump seven came and went and then they were lining up for the water jump.
 
Keeping a light feel on the reins, Zoe urged the mare forward. Periwinkle flattened out as she gathered speed. The water jump was at its maximum width: 4.2 meters and was quite the stretch to clear. They approached the water, Periwinkle almost at full gallop as she launched herself over the pool of water. Forelegs reached for the opposite side and bit into the dirt, hind legs following. Unfortunately, the off hind just touched the edge of the water and the jump steward raised his flag.
 
Michael groaned, Treize closed his eyes and sighed. Phillip chewed on his bottom lip whilst Noin continued to watch, hoping Zoe would put the mishap behind her and concentrate on the tricky part of the course still to come.
 
Zoe knew they'd made four faults and with her jaw set, she reined in her horse, Periwinkle practically sitting down on the spot as she slowed almost to a stop. Turning, the bay was once again on course, Zoe holding the mare in check whilst driving the hindquarters back underneath and recovering the impulsion they would need for the remaining fences.
 
Jump nine was angled beautifully, Zoe remembering about that trick from the first round. Periwinkle landed safely and was right on line for the triple. Calculating the takeoff points and knowing how hard the triple had been from the first round, Zoe drove the mare together with all she had, holding the forward movement until the last moment, then unleashing the power over the jumps.
 
The bay grunted softly as she leapt into the air and sailed over part A. Landing, Periwinkle was quick to gather herself together, take a stride and then leave the ground again. Flying over part B, forelegs came out and bore the brunt of the landing, hind legs following and pushing the mare forward again for a stride before launching into the air for the last element. They scraped over the top, poles wobbling a touch but staying put. Periwinkle pecked a touch on landing but quickly recovered, her mistress driving her forward with seat, leg and an encouraging pat.
 
Just as she had in the first round, the mare's energy began to wane as they cleared jump eleven and twelve. With only one more fence between them and the finish, Zoe ran a hand down the sweaty neck and murmured to her horse. “Come on, girl. One more to go and that's the lot. No more rounds, you can have a nice rest.”
 
Periwinkle cocked back an ear, the soothing tone of her mistress' voice giving her that last bit of energy she needed. Pushing off hard from the ground, the mare soared into the air and landed cleanly on the opposite side of the final jump.
 
Eyeing the finish flags, Zoe turned the mare's head for them and they galloped through. The applause was deafening as the clock stopped. Everyone in the stadium seemed to have taken a liking to the courageous little mare and her equally determined rider. Zoe patted the neck of her horse, praising both verbally and physically for the effort her little horse had put in.
 
In the stands, the rest of the Australian team were on their feet, cheering and clapping just as loud as everyone else. As Zoe exited the ring, they all vacated their positions to go and congratulate the pair, the commentator's voice following them out.
 
“Representing Australia, Zoe Harrison on Periwinkle scored four penalties.”
 
* * *
 
“Ah, crap,” Heero cursed as Periwinkle dropped a hoof into the water.
 
“I take it that's not good?” Zechs said as he saw the steward lift a flag.
 
“No, it's not,” Heero replied. “It's four faults for a hoof in the water.”
 
“Does that mean it's sixteen total if all four feet end up in the water?” Duo asked.
 
Heero was about to answer when he was cut off by Zechs.
 
“And does another four get added if the rider puts a foot in the water too?” questioned Zechs in all innocence. “Or, what would the penalty be if the entire rider ended up in the water? Another sixteen as he has two feet and two hands?”
 
Heero shook his head and gave a sigh. “In answer to your questions, no, it's only four faults if one or both hind hooves end up in the water. It's eight if the fore feet and hind feet go in the water.” Turning to Zechs, Heero plastered on his 'patient' look. “There are no penalties for a rider putting a foot in the water as technically speaking, it won't happen. If a rider does get his feet, hands or body in the water then it would be caused by the horse falling or refusing and dumping the rider in the water, and that would result in elimination and one very soggy rider.”
 
“Ah. Thank you,” Zechs replied and promptly turned his attention back to the screen.
 
Duo gave a snicker and passed Heero another biscuit.
 
* * *
 
Out in the warm up area, Carol had taken charge of Periwinkle, loosening the mare's girth, tossing a rug over her sweaty body and walking her around to cool off. Zoe was caught up in Michael's strong arms the moment she dismounted and was thoroughly kissed, the kiss breaking only when the remainder of the team caught up with them.
 
Treize smiled softly at the scene and felt an ache in his own heart. He missed his lover terribly. Whilst they couldn't show any affection for each other in public, he still missed being able to kiss and hold Zechs in private. Maybe one day...
 
Noin offered her congratulations and gave the other woman a hug. Likewise, Treize and Phillip also hugged Zoe and passed on their own congratulations. With that out of the way, it was time for Zoe to recount her experience of the course, backing up Phillip's earlier comments on the difficulty now that the course was higher and wider.
 
They stood and discussed things for a few moments, Michael and Treize gaining all the information they could and adding it to the ever growing mound they already had. When things calmed down a little, Noin and Phillip went back inside the stadium to watch the remaining third riders. Michael went with Zoe and Carol to settle Periwinkle, Treize found Joe and the pair of them went back to the stables to get Goose ready.
 
* * *
 
“It's not too bad,” Heero said as he added the last of the scores to his note book.
 
Zechs returned from the bathroom just as Duo set the next round of coffees on the table. Taking his seat again, he picked up his mug and took a sip before speaking. “What are the rest of the scores?”
 
“Great Britain and France both scored four faults, China eight, Spain, four, Korea and India finished with sixteen,” Heero read from his note book.
 
“And that all means?” Duo asked as he replenished the dwindling biscuit supply.
 
“With the current scores, America is in the lead for the gold with Britain and Australia tied for the silver.”
 
“Then I suggest we start sending bad vibes to the American and British teams,” Zechs stated simply.
 
“Zechs!” admonished Duo. “What happened to good sportsmanship?”
 
“Like Heero said, it took a vacation,” Zechs replied smugly.
 
“Don't look at me, I'm not taking the blame for this one,” Heero defended himself and put his hands up in the air in mock surrender.
 
“I give up,” Duo sighed.
 
* * *
 
Goose felt fresh and eager to be jumping. Treize had his hands full keeping the stallion's concentration as he rode the big bay around to loosen him up. He didn't have the time to feel nervous or worry about the course to be jumped, he was too busy getting Goose to listen to his aids and work properly.
 
Changing gait from trot to canter, Treize sat down harder in his saddle and used his seat and legs to drive Goose together. Goose resisted at first, poking his nose into the air and ignoring his rider's attempts to get him to soften his muscles and relax. His master's persistence paid off and soon Goose dropped his nose and listened to the signals he was getting from his rider.
 
Joe watched from the side with Noin and Duck. The mini pony was quite happy to stand still for the moment and observe everything that was going on around him. He didn't get much time out of his stable, something that displeased Duck to no end, but with there not being any form of paddocking available, there was nothing that could be done about it. Joe had taken both stallion and pony out as much as he could, walking them around the equestrian complex to keep them from getting bored and give them a little exercise.
 
Every moment out of the stable was one to be enjoyed in Duck's book and he took advantage of it every chance he got. He could see his stable mate off to one side and let his eyes wander over the rest of the equines that were moving around.
 
Noin watched Treize and Goose carefully. She was pleased to see the horse full of energy and obviously recovered from the previous day's round of jumping. Quietly confident that they would do okay over the raised course, Noin stepped closer to where Treize was warming up to offer advice.
 
* * *
 
“Damn shame that,” Zechs said as he watched the poles hit the ground.
 
“At least he wasn't eliminated this time,” Heero said as he added the twelve penalties to the German team score.
 
“Can't complain about that then. It has to be an improvement,” said Duo.
 
The screen switched to the last of the swimming finals for the day and the trio took advantage of the break to visit the bathroom and take the empty cups out to the kitchen. When they returned, Heero was grabbing his pen and scribbling down results again. Duo managed a quick look before the screen changed to show the Japanese rider completing his round.
 
“Guess those bad vibes are working,” Duo commented as he sat down.
 
“They are? How?” questioned Zechs.
 
“The American scored eight faults.”
 
“Ah.”
 
“The Italian had four and the Japanese rider's just finished with eight,” Heero supplied and turned his attention back to the screen.
 
The New Zealand rider was half way through his round and going well, until he reached the triple. Poles crashed to the ground again and the rider finished with eight penalties.
 
“It should be Treize next,” Duo commented.
 
“Hai.”
 
Duo turned to look at Zechs, the other vet had gone very pale. Duo patted Zechs' knee. “Don't worry, they will be fine and knowing Treize, he'll be giving it everything he's got.”
 
Zechs couldn't answer, his voice had deserted him completely. All he could do was nod.
 
“Representing Australia; Treize Kushrenada riding Tall Geese.”
 
A familiar form mounted on a bay stallion rode into the ring.
 
~ * ~
 
tbc...