Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Going For Gold ❯ Chapter 55 ( Chapter 55 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: I don't own the G boys, I just borrow them from time to time and return them a whole lot happier. I do own the plot and any other characters, especially the equines, that you will find in this fic. Please do not take them without permission. Written for pleasure no money being made.
 
Pairing: 2x1x1, 3x4, 13x6, H+C
 
Warnings: Yaoi, lemon, sap, angst, vet themes, AU
 
Rating: NC 17
 
Archive: www.gundam-wing-diaries.150m.com Anyone else please ask.
 
Betaed by Yami_tai *snugs*
 
Summary: Eighteen months have passed since Heero was advised he was short listed for the Olympic games team. With Zero going well and young Shinigami almost ready to make his show jumping debut, Heero looks set to reach his goal. Life though doesn't always play by the rules.
 
Dedication: To Leslie who gave me the original idea for Equinity.
 
Fic 3 in the Equine Intervention Arc.
 
“Going for Gold”
 
January 2007 ShenLong
 
Chapter 55
 
By the time Heero pulled in behind the house, he was sweating with the effort of keeping himself in check. Duo's hand had continued to massage his need, despite his protests and Heero had been forced to concentrate on his driving and do his very best to ignore Duo's wandering hand.
 
It hadn't been easy, but he'd managed to get them both home in one piece.
 
Now that the car had stopped and the engine cut, Heero released his seat belt and dived over the center console to attack his lover's lips, pinning Duo to the seat as he ravished his mouth. When they surfaced for air, Duo was flushed and panting hard.
 
“Let's get inside, Heero. I don't think I can wait any longer,” Duo growled.
 
Not needing to be asked twice, Heero quickly adjusted himself to a more comfortable position and exited the car. Duo was slightly ahead of him, all but running up the path to the back door and fumbling with his keys at the same time. He managed to get the key in the lock and open the door, flipping he light switch on as they both entered. Immediately they were inside, Heero grabbed Duo around the waist and proceeded to kiss him thoroughly whilst his foot kicked the door shut.
 
“Bedroom, now,” Duo panted.
 
With a smirk, Heero released the vet and sauntered off to the bedroom, Duo's eyes glued to his ass. Shaking himself from his stupor, Duo growled again and followed his eager lover. Arms entwined themselves around each other as Heero proceeded to lick Duo's tonsils, determined to pay his lover back for the teasing in the car.
 
Duo's hands began to stroke up and down Heero's back, carefully pulling the shirt with them and then sliding underneath to rub over the firm muscles of Heero's back. Those muscles began to shiver under the touch, soft moans escaping Heero's throat as his own hands did their best to reciprocate.
 
Shirts soon became history, tossed to the floor and both men kissed again. The heat and intensity of the kisses was starting to get to both of them, fueling their desires higher. Heero rubbed his groin against Duo's, the answering hardness and accompanying moan telling him his partner was just as aroused and needy as he was. Somehow, Heero managed to guide them to the bed where they both collapsed onto the comforter, sending stuffed animals bouncing out of their way.
 
“YOWL!!!”
 
Duo shot off one side of the bed as the screech hit his ears, Heero following suit, only to the other side.
 
“What the hell?!” Duo cursed and looked to find the source of the screech.
 
“Smokey!” Heero exclaimed.
 
The offended kitten shot off the bed and dived underneath.
 
Heero couldn't help it, he began to laugh. Duo soon saw the funny side and joined in with the laughter. It also helped to cool their ardor a bit. Shaking his head, Heero got down on his knees and peered underneath the bed. He spotted a pair of eyes glaring back at him and tried to coax the kitten out.
 
“Come on, Smokey. Here, puss, puss,” Heero enticed.
 
Smokey continued to glare.
 
“Puss, puss, puss. Come on, girl. Believe me, you won't want to be under there very shortly, not unless you want to be flattened.”
 
“Hey!” Duo objected. “I'm not that rough with you, am I?”
 
Heero snickered “Well, you do tend to pound me into the mattress at times.”
 
Duo folded his arms across his chest and did his best to look offended. “You like it,” he huffed.
 
“That I do,” Heero murmured and got back up off the floor to envelop his lover in a warm hug. “Sorry, I shouldn't tease you.”
 
“Yeah. Well,” Duo muttered and then spotted a gray head peeking out from under the bed. Moving fast, he dived for the floor and managed to grab the kitten before she could duck back under the bed. “Got you,” he crowed and cuddled the kitten close.
 
“Is she okay?” Heero asked. “I don't know which one of us landed on her.”
 
Duo gave the cat a quick check. “She's fine, although she might be scarred for life if she stays in here,” he chuckled.
 
“She knows she's not supposed to be in here anyway,” Heero replied and took the kitten from his lover. “Naughty girl, Smokey. You know you're not supposed to sleep on the bed.”
 
Smokey tried to bat Heero's bangs with a paw.
 
“Out,” Heero said firmly and put the kitten down in the hallway just outside the bedroom door. He was quick to close it. Turning, he dropped his voice to a seductive purr. “Now, where were we?” Eyes half lidded, he made his way back towards Duo.
 
Duo shivered at the predatory look in Heero's eyes, his body flushed with heat as Heero wrapped him up in secure arms and proceeded to kiss him senseless.
 
Once more they dropped to the bed, hands roaming over flesh and locating the buttons and zippers to jeans. With both sets of pants removed, underwear soon followed and once more hands began to explore. Duo located the tube of lube and pulled it from underneath the pillow, flipping the lid and coating his fingers thoroughly.
 
Cool fingers ghosted along his crevice and Heero spread his legs a little more, eager to have his lover prepare him. A slick digit teased around his entrance, spreading the slippery gel and then gently sliding inside. Heero's eyes slid shut and he moaned softly, enjoying the gentle penetration.
 
Working a second finger inside, Duo gasped as Heero's hand wrapped around his shaft and began to spread the lubricant along the hard length. He looked questioningly at Heero.
 
“Need you,” came Heero's response to the unspoken question and he proceeded to tug on Duo, drawing him between his legs.
 
Understanding that Heero didn't want to wait much longer, Duo quickly added a third finger and worked the muscles as quickly as he could. Satisfied he wouldn't hurt his partner, Duo removed his fingers and positioned himself at Heero's entrance. “Ready for me?”
 
“Please,” came the husky reply.
 
Carefully, Duo pushed forward, applying enough pressure to the muscles to eventually cause them to open up to him, but not cause Heero any undue pain. Slowly but steadily, he inched his way inside the warmth of Heero's channel, withdrawing a tiny bit, then pushing forth again until he was completely seated.
 
Heero's inner passage opened and welcomed the intrusion, the feeling of Duo's heated length teasing and tormenting the rich nerve supply and setting Heero on fire with need.
 
Pausing to allow both of them to adjust, Duo leaned in and stole a kiss. “Love you,” he breathed.
 
“Love you too,” Heero replied and clenched his inner walls around Duo's shaft.
 
“I take it you want me to move?” Duo snickered.
 
“It might be an idea,” came the sarcastic reply.
 
Drawing his knees up underneath him a little, Duo began his retreat and then plunge back inside. He started off slow, getting into his rhythm and torturing his lover who writhed with need beneath him.
 
Hips pushed up to meet the inward push, Heero moving slightly to try and get Duo's cock to brush his prostate. After a few tries, he managed to angle himself so that Duo's next thrust hit his sweet spot dead on and sent rivers of pleasure coursing through his veins.
 
The soft moans of pleasure and gentle rocking of his lover to meet him told Duo his partner was enjoying their coupling very much. His own blood was on fire, the heat of their joining all but consuming him and Duo began to speed up. With each forward thrust, Heero's channel rippled around him, caressing his length with soft contractions. As he withdrew, the muscles clamped down a touch, desperate to keep him inside. It was a cycle of pleasure that Duo wished never to end.
 
Unfortunately, neither man could hold out forever and steadily their excitement built until each was moaning the other's name.
 
Heero managed to work his hand between their rolling bodies and curl his fist around his cock. He began to pump, the pleasure spreading from the tips of his toes to the roots of his hair. The added stimulus of Duo's cock hitting his prostate sent him over the edge. He cried out Duo's name as he spent his passion.
 
With Heero's climax, the passage surrounding him began to contract and Duo knew it was only a matter of time before he followed his lover into nirvana. As Heero's climax leveled off, so Duo's hit with tremendous force. He thrust in deep, body tense as he froze and shot his essence deep into Heero's channel.
 
Feeling the heat of his lover's release inside him, Heero wrapped his arms around the vet and held him close as Duo rode out the waves of pleasure coursing through him. Finally, Duo collapsed against Heero's chest, desperately sucking air back into his lungs.
 
Gently stroking over the braid of chestnut, Heero feathered kisses along Duo's jaw and neck until the vet regained control over his limbs. Duo propped himself up a little and partook of a sweet kiss. As they shifted, his softened cock slipped out, some semen following his withdrawal.
 
Groaning, Heero returned the kiss and then turned to lay them side by side. “Love you,” Heero whispered as their lips parted.
 
“Love you too, Heero,” came Duo's sated reply. “That was incredible,” he added with a kiss to Heero's nose.
 
“Mmmm, I have to agree with you,” Heero returned, a soft smile on his lips as he relaxed into the mattress.
 
“I'll go grab a wash cloth.” Duo pressed another kiss to Heero's lips and pushed off the bed to go in search of the wash cloth. Exiting the bedroom, he didn't see any sign of the kitten and assumed she'd gone back to her basket in the kitchen.
 
Stepping into the bathroom and switching on the light told a different story. Smokey sat in the middle of the bathroom floor with the upturned laundry basket and dirty clothes strewn everywhere. Spotting Duo, she crouched and then hightailed it out of the bathroom, skidding on the tiles as she disappeared in the direction of the kitchen.
 
Shaking his head and muttering about boisterous kittens, Duo picked up all the laundry and put it back in the basket. The basket was returned to its place beside the vanity unit and he grabbed the wash cloth he'd originally come in for.
 
“What took so long?” Heero asked sleepily from the bed when his lover finally returned.
 
“I had a bit of a mess to clean up,” Duo muttered.
 
“Huh?”
 
“I think Smokey was a bit annoyed with us,” Duo said as he began to clean his lover off.
 
“What do you mean?” Heero questioned.
 
“She decided to get into the laundry basket in the bathroom and spread all the dirty washing from one end to the other.”
 
“Ah.” Heero took a deep breath. “Sorry. I'll have a talk to her tomorrow about that.”
 
Duo snickered. “I honestly can't see that making any difference; she can't understand you.”
 
“Baka! You know what I mean,” Heero replied with a roll of his eyes.
 
Duo dropped the cloth the floor and snuggled under the covers, Heero joining him after switching off the light. Spooning up behind the vet and draping an arm over Duo's waist, Heero nuzzled the back of that creamy neck.
 
“I'll see what I can do about getting her to behave a bit better,” Heero promised.
 
“Good luck,” Duo chuckled. “I don't fancy your chances.”
 
“Hn. Good night Duo.”
 
“Night, Heero.”
 
* * *
 
The next few weeks passed in a bit of a blur for both Heero and Duo. The practice was very busy, each day the consulting hours were booked solid with clients and the surgery time in the afternoon saw a constant stream of patients; anything from simple sterilizations to abscesses and cyst removals could be found booked in.
 
Duo attended another two cases of neglect with Quatre, one cat and one dog. Duo managed to treat both successfully and Trowa found them new homes. Hilde went on her first case with Quatre and came back almost in tears.
 
It had been a goat in need of their assistance and Hilde couldn't decide if the tears were from anger and frustration or just plain sympathy for the goat. Duo had been attending a call out to a horse that had caught itself on something sharp and required urgent stitching which only left Hilde and Catherine at the surgery when Quatre had called. Hilde had agreed instantly to go with the Inspector and half an hour later, Quatre had arrived to pick her up.
 
The goat had been reported by a concerned neighbor who had heard the animal's bleats. It wasn't unusual for the goat to make noise and the neighbor was quite used to the sound. However, when the bleating continued practically non stop for two days, he'd decided to investigate. What he found had led him to calling the R.S.P.C.A. immediately.
 
When Quatre and Hilde arrived the neighbor met them out front and reiterated what he'd said over the 'phone in the initial report. Quatre thanked the man and politely asked him to wait out the front so they could get further details once they'd completed their inspection.
 
Following the rules of protocol, Quatre approached the house first and knocked repeatedly on the door. There was no answer. The pair walked around the side of the house and managed to look through a couple of cracks in the curtains and confirmed what the neighbor suspected. The house was empty, the inhabitants had moved. The neighbor suspected they had done a 'runner'. With the costs of renting going up, he'd suspected the occupants hadn't been able to afford their rent and had disappeared into the night. Unfortunately, with the rising costs of living, many people were finding themselves in a similar situation; their income just wasn't stretching far enough to meet the costs of day to day life, such as food, rent/mortgage and utilities.
 
Whilst sad, it was true and quite often the family pet was caught up in the situation and finding themselves abandoned. The R.S.P.C.A. had found itself suddenly being deluged with animals that their owners were unable to afford to keep - they were the lucky ones. Most often the animal was simply dumped, or left to fend for itself. The latter seemed to be the case with the goat.
 
Quatre managed to force his way through the gate to the backyard where the bleating of the animal was getting louder. Once the goat heard their voices, the bleating increased in speed and volume. Stepping around the corner of the house, they found themselves in what was supposed to be the back yard.
 
Rubbish was strewn everywhere, plastic garbage bags bursting at the seams lay in piles, rusting car parts littered the landscape and amongst it all, tied to a stake was the goat.
 
“Oh my God,” Hilde exclaimed and was about to rush forward when Quatre stopped her.
 
“Wait, Hilde. Let me go first. I need to check it over and make sure it won't hurt you or me. Animals can be funny things when they've been neglected.”
 
Hilde nodded. She understood how such a traumatic experience could change even the most placid animal into a rabid beast.
 
Quatre fought his way through the junk piles and approached the goat. The goat didn't show any signs of aggression, just continued in its bleating and strained against the collar and rope that held it in place. Having determined they were both safe from being injured by the goat, Quatre motioned Hilde forward.
 
Hilde stepped cautiously towards the neglected animal, each step making her anger rise at the people who had left the animal like this.
 
“Can you hold him steady whilst I take photos, please?” asked Quatre. “Then I'll get you to do a full examination.”
 
Hilde did as requested, Quatre snapping away as she did her best to quell her desire to simply snatch the animal away from all this and treat it properly. When Quatre had taken all the photos he needed he pocketed the camera and came to take over holding the goat so Hilde could do her work.
 
“Don't worry,” he said quietly as he placed a hand on the woman's arm. “I won't be leaving him here. I have the authority to seize him and I'll be taking him back to Trowa's shelter once you've looked him over and treated him.”
 
Hilde nodded then set to work. The goat wore a thick, leather collar that was far too tight and had caused chafing around the animal's neck. The hair had been rubbed away and in a few places the raw skin had broken and sores oozed with discharge. He'd been tied to a metal stake in the ground, the rope was about fifteen foot long and allowed him to move in a circle, but nowhere else. All edible plants within the fifteen foot circle had been eaten and all that remained was a dust bowl and goat droppings. A bucket stood to one side that had once held water, but now it lay on its side, knocked over by the rope as the goat had tried to get to what vegetation remained just out of its reach.
 
“Poor thing,” Hilde murmured. “To be starving and have all that food just out of reach is cruel.” She fished around in her bag and located a bottle of local anesthetic. “I think it would be better to give him some water and get him out of here. I'll be better able to treat him at Trowa's shelter,” she said quietly.
 
“No problem,” Quatre replied.
 
“I'll give him a shot of anesthetic to the neck area and a sedative for traveling. Once he's back at Trowa's I can clean those wounds up properly and check the rest of him over.”
 
“I'll go get the water.” Quatre left the vet to do her job and picked up the bucket. He found a tap on one of the walls and filled the bucket half way. He didn't know exactly how long the goat had been without water and he didn't want to make it sick by giving it too much too soon.
 
When he returned with the bucket, Hilde had finished with her injections and the goat almost knocked Quatre flat trying to get to the water he smelt. With a chuckle, Quatre put the bucket down and held on to it as the goat plunged his head inside and began to swallow the water.
 
Once the bucket was empty, the sedative had started to kick in and Hilde suggested they get the goat loaded into one of the large cages on the back of Quatre's 'truck'. The collar had been loosened and Hilde had placed a temporary bandage around the goat's neck to prevent any further damage. Quatre undid the rope and clipped a dog leash to the collar. Encouraging the goat to walk with him, he managed to lead it out of the yard and to the 'truck'. The goat stopped frequently, snatching at mouthfuls of grass and doing his best to fill his empty belly.
 
It made Hilde even more upset and angry.
 
With the assistance of the neighbor, Quatre and Hilde got the goat into the cage. Quatre took the neighbor's details and anything he could remember regarding the goat's owners. Luckily he was able to get the name and contact details of the property owner and would contact them later to see if he could locate the goat's owner. Having done all he could for now, Quatre climbed back into the 'truck' and headed for Trowa's.
 
* * *
 
Once the goat was safely at Trowa's, Hilde set to work. With Quatre holding the goat and Trowa assisting she was able to clip away the remaining hair on the neck and swab out all the open wounds. Once they were clean, she bathed the neck with antiseptic and applied an antibiotic ointment to the wounds. Gauze followed and lastly a bandage was applied to the area to keep it clean. With the worst of the injuries treated, Hilde gave the goat a thorough going over.
 
She found another wound to the goat's hind leg, probably caused by the rope having caught around it at some stage. The wound had started to heal but there was a lot of sand, grit and dirt mixed in and despite the healing, it wasn't looking too good. Infection had started to set in so Hilde gave the goat another shot of local and began the task of scraping away all the dead and dying tissue, dirt and gunk that had accumulated. Once she was back to healthy tissue, the ointment was again applied followed by the gauze and bandage.
 
After giving him a shot of antibiotic and another against tetanus, Hilde pronounced her examination over and gave her verbal report to Quatre. “The only wounds are those to his neck and hind leg. The treatment should begin to work and the wounds start to heal properly in the next couple of days. The bandages need to be changed daily, the wounds cleaned and dressed with the antiseptic and ointment. Other than that, all he requires is some good food and a lot of love,” she stated quietly.
 
“Thank you, Hilde,” Quatre replied.
 
“I'll have the report typed up for you and ready for you to collect by tomorrow if that's okay?”
 
“That is fine.”
 
Hilde passed over the items Trowa would need to tend the goat and packed up her bag. “I really hope you track down the owners and prosecute them, Quatre.”
 
“I don't know how successful we will be in locating them, but we will do our best. Now, if you're ready, I'll take you back to Duo's.”
 
“Thank you.”
 
As the pair departed, Trowa took the goat out of the small shed he'd converted to use for treating the many animals he had pass through the shelter and into a small yard. He checked the automatic watering bowl - it was full - then went to fetch some food for the goat. The goat sniffed the air and smelt the water, heading straight for it and drinking thirstily.
 
Trowa smiled as he watched. He wasn't concerned that the goat would drink too much, the bowl wasn't all that big and took a little while to refill. It would ensure the goat had water at all times, but not enough in one go to make it sick. He disappeared into the other shed he kept the various food stuffs in and returned with an armful of sweet smelling hay and a bucket of goat pellets.
 
Scenting the food, the goat made a beeline for Trowa. The pellets were placed in the small feed bin, the hay in a rack and the goat began to eat steadily. Watching for a few minutes, Trowa reached over and ruffled the goat's ears. “I think you're going to make a full recovery,” he said quietly.
 
The goat ignored him and continued to eat.
 
* * *
 
“Are you sure you will be okay?” Duo asked for the tenth time.
 
Hilde sighed wearily. “How many times do I have to tell you? Catherine and I will be fine. It's not the first time we've looked after the practice by ourselves.”
 
“I know, but there's the horses as well,” Duo continued.
 
“Duo. You're only going to be gone for one night!”
 
“I know,” Duo replied sheepishly.
 
“Look, Heero has already done the stables and put the night feeds in. All Catherine and I have to do is bring the horses in and lock the stable up. The feeds are all made up for the morning so it's a simple case of putting the feeds into the bins in the paddocks and then putting the horses out too. Heero already said to leave the stables and he will do those when he gets back,” Hilde stated in her 'calm' voice. She really couldn't understand why Duo was so worried.
 
“Okay, okay! I surrender,” Duo grinned and held his hands up in the air.
 
“Good.”
 
“What's going on?” Heero asked as he stepped out of the house with his small bag in his hand.
 
Before Duo could say a word, Hilde got in quick. “Just Duo doing his mother hen act as usual,” she said with a grin.
 
“I'm not a mother hen!” Duo spluttered.
 
Heero raised an eyebrow.
 
“I'm only trying to make sure that Hilde and Catherine will be okay to look after the surgery, horses and Smokey whilst we're gone,” he stated in his defense.
 
“Duo, they are both capable women. If I was at all concerned over the horses welfare, I wouldn't have asked them to look after them,” Heero said calmly. “Now, I suggest you get your bag and we make tracks otherwise we won't be there in time.”
 
“Yeah, yeah,” Duo muttered and headed back into the house mumbling under his breath about females, horses and annoying boyfriends.
 
Watching him go, both Hilde and Heero couldn't help but chuckle.
 
“Are you sure you and Catherine will be okay?” Heero asked with a smirk.
 
Hilde passed a hand over her eyes. “Not you too!”
 
* * *
 
The drive didn't take long and within two hours the guys had reached their destination, a small village called Ferndale where Zoe and Michael's wedding was to take place that afternoon.
 
After much discussion, Heero and Duo had decided to stay overnight in the village. The wedding was due to take place at four in the afternoon, the reception at six. Knowing the festivities probably wouldn't finish until around eleven both men would be too tired to make the drive home safely and had elected to stay in a hotel in the village. Arriving at their destination around lunchtime meant they could check in and have a short rest before freshening up to attend the wedding.
 
Treize and Zechs had opted to do the same and had also reserved a room at the same hotel.
 
“Nice place,” Duo commented as they pulled up outside the reception area. The hotel had once been a coach house on the old 'Cobb and Co' [1] coach route and was now a hotel. It had been renovated on the inside to provide modern facilities, but restored on the outside to its former glory from the pioneering days.
 
Set amongst the shady gum trees with sweeping lawns and bushland gardens, it was certainly a lovely spot.
 
Having checked in at reception, Heero parked the car and both men fetched their luggage. The room was on the second floor, spacious, light and airy. It contained the usual facilities, twin queen beds, television, bathroom and coffee making facilities. The furniture was made from wood adding to the rustic, old world charm of the hotel.
 
Duo dumped his bag on one of the beds and proceeded to unpack the few belongings inside. He took the outfit he planned on wearing to the wedding and hung it up alongside Heero's in the small wardrobe. Shampoo, conditioner, toothbrush, paste and shaving gear was dumped in the bathroom, leaving Duo free to flop back on the bed and relax a little.
 
Heero finished his unpacking and sat on the other bed. Glancing at his watch, he addressed his lover. “We have time to grab some lunch and take a look around the village before getting ready for the wedding.”
 
“Sounds good to me,” Duo replied and pushed himself up to gaze at his partner. “Come here.”
 
Heero crossed the small distance between the beds and was immediately enveloped in Duo's arms. His lips surrendered happily to the kiss he was bestowed, mouth parting slightly to allow the invasion as Duo's tongue proceeded to work its way over all his sensitive spots.
 
Panting slightly, the pulled apart. “Gotta grab what I can, when I can,” Duo murmured. “It's going to be pure torture having to keep my hands off you during the wedding.”
 
“Hn. I agree,” Heero returned. “Now, what about that lunch?”
 
They left the room and headed back down to reception where they met Treize and Zechs who had just arrived and checked in.
 
They explained their plans and waited whilst the other two men placed their bags in their room and rejoined them in the reception.
 
All four then set out to discover the sleepy village and eat lunch before having to return to get ready for the wedding.
 
~ * ~
 
tbc...
 
 
[1] Cobb and Co: This was a company formed in Australia's early days to transport passengers, gold, mail and supplies throughout the pastoral regions. (similar to the wagons of America's west). For more information and the history of this Australian legend, visit here: http://www.cobbandco.net.au/html/king.html