Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Going For Gold ❯ Chapter 77 ( Chapter 77 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

AN: Thank you to all of you who are reading this fic and hugs to those who have dropped in a review. I appreciate your feedback and thank you again for taking the time to let me know what you think of this story. *hugs and Gundam Pilots* Shen ^_^
 
Going for Gold”
 
January 2007 ShenLong
 
Chapter 77
 
Heero had to admit, the English were certainly a very hospitable bunch, nothing was too much trouble for them. Outside the main entry to the Olympic Village, shuttle buses were waiting, departing every fifteen minutes to the various venues. Noin located the one that would go to Greenwich and ordered the team aboard.
 
It was a pleasant drive, even though it was quite slow. The roads in England were not as wide as the ones in Australia and they also carried a larger volume of traffic. After thirty-five minutes they arrived back at Greenwich, Noin making sure to grab a copy of the shuttle schedule so they would know what times they departed the grounds and therefore catch an appropriate one back to the village.
 
Stepping off the shuttle, they immediately headed for the stable block where their horses were. Heero was anxious to see how Shini was settling. A hand on his arm slowed his fast pace and he turned his head slightly to see Duo grinning at him.
 
Slow down, Heero. There's nothing to worry about, Shini will be fine. If there was a problem the officials would have contacted us.”
 
Heero sighed. “I know you're right, I just want to see with my own eyes, that's all,” he replied.
 
I can understand that.”
 
The pair walked on together, a little slower this time and were soon at Shini's stable. The gray was calmly pulling at the hay in his haynet, his feed finished and the feed bin licked clean.
 
That's a relief,” Heero muttered. “As long as he's putting his feed away like that then he must be doing all right.”
 
I agree. If Shini's off his feed then there is something seriously wrong,” Duo chuckled from beside his lover.
 
Noin left the team to check their horses for a few minutes before rounding them up again and leading the way out of the stabling complex and towards the facilities.
 
All the facilities had been specially built just for the games and would be dismantled and removed once the games were finished. Greenwich Park [1] had been selected as the equestrian venue as it was a lovely setting, fairly centrally located and had lots of room to cater for the varied events. As it wasn't a place normally used for equestrian competitions all teams would be competing equally; no one would have an edge which could possibly happen if the events were held at places such as Gatcombe Park, Badminton or Hickstead.
 
The main arena would host the dressage and showjumping competitions; also those two phases of the three day event. The cross country section of the three day event would obviously be held out in the grounds themselves.
 
Wow, pretty impressive,” Duo said with a whistle as he looked over the main arena.
 
It sure is,” Heero replied, eyes scanning around and taking in the grandstands and the grounds themselves. From what he could tell the arena surface appeared to be a light type of sand, at least he hoped it was. Shinigami preferred jumping on sand as opposed to grass, Heero preferred it too as his horse could get a much better footing on sand.
 
The dressage competitions will be held here first along with the dressage phase of the three day event,” Noin informed them. “The jumping isn't until the second week of the games so you will all have a chance to see how the surface rides by watching the jumping phase of the three day event. I'm also hoping we can get to check the surface out before the games start, it would be helpful to know what type of surface we're riding on.”
 
We will be allowed in to watch the other events?” Duo asked.
 
Yes. There's a section by the arena entry that has been set aside for competitors and their grooms. You will need to show your ID cards to gain entry though.”
 
The team all took a last look at the arena before moving on to the smaller arenas scattered around the main one.
 
These are the warm up and working arenas,” Noin informed them. “These ones over here are for any competitor to use at any time to work their horses. Those two over there that are next to the main arena are for warm up only and for competitors to collect in ready for their turn to compete.”
 
Heero took a good look at those arenas. They weren't all that large, but big enough to keep a horse moving about without colliding with other riders. Heero also noted that at one end the arenas led directly into the main arena.
 
Treize scanned over the work areas, noting they were mainly on grass and very generous in size. They would need to be, he mused, given the number of competitors. With the one day event being the first of the Olympic events to run, Heero knew several of the horses and riders would leave once their part in the games was over. The dressage followed the eventing and the showjumping was the last of the sports to compete. No doubt, several of the dressage riders would also leave once they had finished with their discipline.
 
There's one arena set up with practice jumps and I suggest we all take a look at that next,” Noin said, bringing them all back to the here and now.
 
Following behind the team coach, Heero glanced at Duo and saw the eager look on the vet's face. He couldn't help but smile. He was so pleased his lover was with him, not just as his groom, but as the team vet too.
 
Duo caught the smile and turned to his lover. “What's that smile for?”
 
Just thinking how damn proud of you I am,” Heero replied.
 
Blushing slightly, Duo responded, “Proud of me? Why?”
 
Moving a little closer so they wouldn't be overheard, Heero lowered his voice. “Why? You're an extremely good groom, excellent vet and a kind, compassionate person. You're also good company; and...” Heero leaned closer still, “you're all mine.”
 
Duo's blush deepened even further and he shoved Heero companionably with his shoulder. “Knock it off, Heero. You're such a sap.” Then he added, “But it's really nice of you to say so and yes, I'm all yours.”
 
Continuing to smile, Heero walked along, shoulder and arm brushing against his lover's from time to time and feeling on top of the world.
 
* * *
 
Having looked over all the facilities, Noin noted the team members starting to flag a little. She could quite understand it as with the time difference it was after midnight to their biological clocks. She also knew they would adjust pretty quickly, usually all it took was a couple of days. Returning to the stables to check the horses again, Noin decided to give them all a piece of advice.
 
All of you are no doubt feeling very tired right now and that's to be expected as you adjust to the time differences. I do know from experience though that if you make yourself work to the current time and don't take a cat nap or sleep until the evening of this time zone, you will adjust a lot faster. I'd suggest staying awake until around nine or ten tonight, combined with the body's internal clock that works on daylight you should all be adjusted within two days.”
 
That made sense to all the team members, the logic quite clear.
 
All the horses are fine and seem to be settling in very well. I think we should go back to the Village, grab a late lunch and then I'd like to see you all in my room at three this afternoon so I can give you all your saddle blankets. After that we will return to the stables where I'd like Doctor Maxwell to give all the horses a check over before we feed up for the evening and return to the Village for our own dinners.”
 
Everyone appeared to agree with that so they headed back to the main entrance to catch the next shuttle bus to the Olympic Village.
 
 
* * *
 
Duo ran his hands down the cannon bone and over the fetlock joint, experienced fingers picking up on any possible swelling or tenderness. Heart and lungs checked, temperature was taken, skin, gums and teeth all examined and then Duo had Zoe trot Lionheart away and back to him.
 
He's fine,” Duo said as he patted the bay neck.
 
Good,” Zoe replied in a relieved tone. Whilst she was certain in her own way that Lion had traveled well and was not suffering from anything, it felt better to have the vet confirm it.
 
Duo checked Romeo next, the big bay behaving himself and standing calmly so Duo could do his work. Duo found a small cut on the back of Romeo's near hind fetlock, but it was nothing to worry about, still, he applied a little antibiotic cream to be safe.
 
Shinigami was the last to be looked over, the gray alert and feeling full of himself. Duo did find a little swelling in both cannon bones on the front legs, but again, it wasn't much and Duo advised hosing with cold water for ten minutes followed by some massage. He also added it would help if Heero were to lead the animal around a bit, take him for a walk for about an hour to get the circulation flowing better.
 
Swelling or `filling' in the legs wasn't uncommon in very fit horses that had recently made a long haul trip. Mostly it was extra fluid that had built up due to the normally active animal suddenly being relatively immobile for a length of time and exercise was the best way to get it to drain away. Humans were also known to suffer from the same affliction when on long flights.
 
Duo informed Noin of his findings and also logged those findings into a special `log book' he was required to keep. Noin was happy with the results and suggested that all the team members take their horses out for a walk and bit of a green pick. It was also a chance to let the horses familiarize themselves with the area.
 
Whilst Heero was busy with Shinigami, Duo cleaned the gray's stable out, refilled the water bucket, replenished the haynet and fetched Shini's dinner. Joe and Michael were doing similar chores for their own charges.
 
Shinigami enjoyed his walk around the area, gray ears constantly swiveling around and listening to all the new sounds whilst his eyes were always alert and missed nothing in the area. Lion was his usual, stoic self, gazing around and checking everything out before deciding the grass looked rather nice and settled down to graze for a while.
 
Romeo had started out by snorting and kinking his tail high over his back, prancing along as if he had coiled springs under his hooves. Treize didn't bother to chastise the stallion, Romeo wasn't being naughty or trying to pull Treize around, he was merely showing off and stating his presence. After several minutes of this behavior, Romeo realized he wasn't getting any attention, if anything he was simply wearing himself out. He gave up and joined his companions in feasting on the rich grass.
 
Dusk was starting to creep over the land, the three riders brought their horses back to the stables and began to settle them for the night. Duo had spoken with the official delegated to keeping an eye on the Australian horses and passed over his cell number should the official need to get in touch with them urgently. The official already had the contact number for the phone in Noin's room, but Duo felt better giving the man his own, personal number.
 
With everything settled as far as the horses went, the group bade the official goodnight and returned to the Village and dinner.
 
* * *
 
You're one sneaky bastard, Heero, you know that?” Duo chuckled.
 
Heero simply grinned and took hold of the sheet, shaking it out as Duo removed the other sheets from the twin beds.
 
After having their dinner in one of the cafes in the Olympic Village, Heero had spotted the laundry room on their way back to their `dorms' and ducked quickly inside. With Duo keeping watch, he'd scoured the shelves and managed to find a couple of sets of double sheets. He'd also scored two, thick blankets. Prizes in hand, the pair had snickered their way back to their room, staying in the shadows and doing their best to avoid anyone who might ask questions.
 
Grabbing the other side of the sheet, Duo gave his lover a hand to remake the beds, tucking the edges in firmly so the two bed wouldn't separate during the night. The blankets followed and finally the bed was remade.
 
Better make sure we don't let Noin in here,” Heero commented as he eyed the `double' bed.
 
I agree. She'd probably have a fit,” Duo snickered.
 
I don't think she'd be all that worried, she doesn't strike me as a homophobe. Although it's probably best not to tempt fate,” Heero replied.
 
The others will all be fine, but I don't want you to miss out on your chance at a medal because Noin doesn't like gay people.”
 
For a moment Heero looked horrified and then calmed. “No, I don't think she would put us on a plane and send us back home simply because of our sexual preferences. It doesn't affect either of our professional performances - “
 
Doesn't affect any performance,” Duo interrupted as he ran a hand over the fabric of Heero's crotch. “In fact, I'd say you have an impeccable performance record, Heero. You've never disappointed yet,” Duo purred and rubbed harder, pleased to feel the fabric tighten.
 
That's nice to know,” Heero moaned and thrust his hips forward.
 
Ready to try out the new sleeping arrangements?” Duo asked in a husky voice.
 
More than ready,” Heero replied.
 
The pair pulled apart and began to remove their clothing, leaving only their underwear on. Duo slipped under the sheets whilst Heero checked the door was locked and turned out the light.
 
We will need to keep the noise level down,” Duo noted as he wriggled in the bed.
 
Might be an idea,” Heero agreed as he joined his lover in the bed. “Uh, there seems to be little bit of a hump here,” he said as he slid across to envelope the vet in his arms.
 
Yeah, there is and it's not the sort of hump I was hoping for,” Duo snickered.
 
Choosing to ignore his lover for the moment, Heero let a hand smooth across the bed and the 'hump', then he chuckled softly. “It's where the two beds meet,” he informed. They're slightly higher on the edges.”
 
Great! I'll probably roll off down the slope and hit the floor during the night,” Duo groused.
 
No, you won't. It's simple physics though. The beds are naturally bound to be higher on the edges as the main weight of the person is concentrated in the center, hence the center will always be slightly lower as it's getting the most wear.” Heero looked pretty smug with his reply.
 
I really don't give a shit about physics right now, other than the physical kind,” growled Duo as he did his best to snuggle up to Heero and continue with his groping of the rider's crotch from earlier.
 
Mmmm... I agree with you, but... Ohhh that's nice. But don't for one minute think that I'm going to be lying on my back on that hump whilst you hump.”
 
Duo almost choked on his laughter.
 
Once both men had regained control, the groping continued. Heero's briefs were soon removed, Duo's boxers joining them on the floor a moment later. Hands roamed over soft skin, seeking out known sensitive spots and exploiting them.
 
Want to taste you,” moaned Duo as his hand worked the length of Heero's shaft.
 
Want to taste you too,” groaned Heero in reply.
 
With a wicked smirk, Duo released Heero's cock from his hand and eased the rider's hand from his own cock. Pushing the blankets to the side, Duo straddled his lover, Heero moving down the bed a bit to give Duo more room.
 
With his knees on either side of Heero's head, Duo licked his lips at the sight of the erection before him. He began to lower his chest, tongue darting out and swiping across the swollen tip.
 
Ahhh,” groaned Heero. Above him, Duo's cock swung, thick and glistening. Raising his hands, Heero placed them on Duo's hips and pulled his lover's groin towards his eager mouth.
 
Duo moaned deep in his throat as Heero began a torture of his own against his sensitive arousal. Opening his own mouth wider, Duo began to draw all of Heero's length into that warm, wet cavern and suck lightly.
 
Yes!” hissed Heero as his eyes closed in pleasure, the pleasuring of Duo's cock forgotten for the moment as his brain took a holiday. He soon returned to his task though, eager to give Duo just as much loving attention as he was receiving.
 
Mouths wandered over sensitive flesh, tongues teased, tormented and licked whilst teeth gently nibbled and scraped over shafts.
 
Each man was as determined as the other to drive their partner wild. Duo bathed Heero's cock with gentle nips and sucks, then took the entire shaft into his mouth and sucked hard before releasing it and licking lightly over the tip.
 
Heero was just as devious. His tongue flicked across the tiny slit and then traced around the ridge of the crown. With the position Duo was in, Heero couldn't suck all of the vet's shaft into his mouth so he changed tactics and began to suck on the heavy balls instead. The moans and whimpers he drew from his lover told him his attention was more than welcome.
 
Gradually the pleasure began to build for both men until they knew it wouldn't be long before they found their respective ends. Breathing through his nose, Duo inhaled Heero's length to the root, expertly deep throating his partner.
 
Not one to be out done and only barely managing to hand onto his sanity, Heero sucked as much of Duo into his own mouth as he could manage and let his fingers trace over the soft scrotum and dip behind to tease at the sensitive perineum.
 
A soft, rumbling purr began in Duo's chest, working its way along his throat and caressing Heero's cock with the vibrations. It was the last straw for Heero, his vision going white as his body began to shake and tremble with the onset of his orgasm.
 
Feeling the organ swelling slightly, Duo allowed it to slip slightly so he could drink all his lover had to offer. He only had a second to wait before Heero was coming hard into his waiting mouth. The salty, slightly bitter fluid burst forth and hit his tonsils, Duo swallowing by reflex and enjoying every drop.
 
Unable to do anything other than ride out his climax, Heero shuddered, fingers clenching and releasing on Duo's thighs where he'd had the forethought to shift them. After a minute or two his sanity began to return enough for Heero to acknowledge the still hard shaft before him. He was quick to take Duo back into his mouth and finish the vet off.
 
That tongue was doing wicked things to his cock, teasing at the sensitive spot just below the head and then dipping into the slit as Heero's mouth suckled on the tip. Releasing Heero's now spent cock from his mouth, Duo let the soft moans escape, eyes sliding shut as his head dropped to rest on Heero's thigh.
 
Ah, good,” Duo whimpered as his hips began to thrust. “Gonna...”
 
Heero redoubled his efforts and was quickly rewarded when Duo's body began to stiffen moments before the thick fluid erupted from the head and flowed into Heero's mouth. The rider eagerly drank all his lover had to offer and then licked the softening cock clean before letting it slip from his mouth.
 
Panting, Duo collapsed against Heero and lay there until his heart rate slowed and he could get his limbs to move again. Easing himself up, he turned around and grabbed the blankets, pulling them up and over them as he slid beside his boyfriend.
 
That was wonderful,” Duo murmured and snuggled into the arms that awaited him.
 
I have to agree. It was mind blowing,” replied Heero and tightened his hold on the vet.
 
I think that will help us to sleep.”
 
Mmm. I'm already dozing off,” came Heero's sleepy reply.
 
Night, Heero.”
 
Night, Duo. Love you.”
 
Love you too.”
* * *
 
Much to both Heero and Duo's surprise, they slept very well and found themselves adjusting to the new time zone easier than they'd thought they would. It seemed that Noin's advice had paid off. Making sure to follow that advice and not take a nap, combined with their exhaustion from the traveling and the excitement of arriving and settling in had all added up to a dreamless sleep and a much more refreshed feeling when they did wake.
 
Glancing at his watch, Duo noted it was just past seven-thirty. He snuggled closer to Heero who was still waking up, opting to enjoy the closeness of his lover before they spent another day of not being able to touch in public.
 
What time is it?” asked Heero as he yawned and stretched.
 
Seven-forty five,” Duo replied.
 
Sleep okay?” Heero dove in for a morning kiss.
 
Like the dead,” came Duo's reply when he was allowed up for air.
 
Guess we should shower, find the others and get some breakfast before we go out to see how Shini is.”
 
We could save time by showering together,” suggested Duo.
 
In that small space? Might be a bit of a squash and I don't think we'd get much washing done,” chuckled Heero.
 
Oh, I don't know, could be fun.”
 
Maybe tonight. I really think we should get moving before Noin comes looking for us.” Heero began to move to sit up.
 
Good point,” replied Duo and rolled away to get out of the bed. “At least the beds didn't part in the middle during the night,” he noted as he stood up and stretched, giving Heero a lovely view of his naked body.
 
I think we might have woken up in a hurry when we hit the deck if they did,” snickered Heero. “Nice view.”
 
Tossing a cheeky look over his shoulder, Duo sauntered off to the bathroom, putting extra sway in his hips as he went.
 
Heero flopped back against the pillows with a groan.
 
* * *
 
Kyle is supposed to be arriving today,” Zoe informed Heero and Duo as they joined her and Michael for breakfast.
 
Any idea what time?” asked Heero as he ordered scrambled eggs on toast.
 
This morning sometime I think Noin said.”
 
I wonder what he's like?” Duo mused.
 
He's a nice enough fellow from what I remember,” Michael informed them. “Pretty much down to earth.”
 
He should fit in quite well then,” Zoe stated and sipped her coffee.
 
Anyone seen Treize or Joe this morning?” asked Heero as his and Duo's food arrived.
 
He was up earlier, said he was going to head out to the stables and check on Romeo,” Michael told them.
 
Guess we should be going out there very shortly. I'll bet Lion's eating his bedding by now,” Zoe said with a smile.
 
We'll come with you if you don't mind waiting a few minutes,” Heero said and continued to eat.
 
No problem. I'm going back to our room to get my jacket, it's a little chilly still.”
 
Okay. We'll meet you out at the shuttle bus in ten?”
 
See you there then.” Zoe and Michael got up and left.
 
Heero and Duo finished off their breakfast and headed out to meet up with the other two.
 
* * *
 
Shini neighed loudly when he heard his master's voice. Lion began to bang on his stable door.
 
I think someone's hungry,” chuckled Duo as they approached the gray.
 
Within minutes, Shinigami was fed and a fresh haynet hung up. Lionheart was also eating his head off, Michael and Duo both refilling their respective charges water buckets whilst the riders dealt with the food side of things.
 
With the horses fed, Heero decided to clean out Shini's stable. Problem was, he didn't have any tools to use and nor did he know what to do with the manure and soiled bedding. Michael came to his rescue though, showing him where the tools were to be found and where to put the manure and straw.
 
Each stable block had a set of tools allocated to it for the riders and grooms to use. There were four wheelbarrows, three pitchforks and several bales of fresh straw for top ups. Heero found it rather amusing to be using a pitchfork instead of his usual `poop scoop' and it took him several goes before he could master the thing!
 
Eventually the stables were done and the tools put away. Treize had turned up with Joe, having fed Romeo earlier and once the stable work had been done he'd gone to take another look at the practice arena and jumps for their use. The six stood around exchanging idle chatter and agreeing to take their horses out at some stage that day for another `green pick'. Shinigami wasn't used to being stabled all the time so Heero intended to let the gray out as much as possible and lead him around. As there were no yards or paddocks for the horses to be turned out into, it meant he would need to spend at least a couple of hours a day with Shini on the end of the lead rope grazing.
 
Is that Noin?” Zoe asked as she spotted a familiar figure enter the stable block.
 
I think so,” Heero replied.
 
Noin approached, a bunch of papers in her hand and looking a little distracted. Spotting the others, her lips turned up into a smile. “Good to see you all here,” she said as she ran an eye over the group. “Everyone's horse okay?”
 
All replies were in the affirmative.
 
You'll be pleased to know the fourth member of our team has arrived and is unloading his horse now. I'd like for you all to come and meet him.” Noin turned and started to walk back to the stable block entry, the team all following behind.
 
Stepping back out, they spotted a young man leading a palomino gelding towards them.
 
Your stable is in here,” Noin said and directed the man to the empty stable next to Lion.
 
Once the horse was safely inside, Noin began to introductions. Heero shook hands with a nod as he was introduced as did Treize and the others.
 
And this is Doctor Duo Maxwell, he's our team vet and also Heero's groom,” Noin said and indicated towards Duo.
 
Pleased to meet you, Doctor Maxwell,” said Kyle.
 
Likewise, Kyle. Please, call me Duo,” greeted Duo and shook hands. “Nice horse,” he added.
 
He's not bad,” replied Kyle. “He's honest enough and loves his jumping.”
 
Then we should have a damn good team that's going to be really hard to beat,” Zoe stated with a grin.
 
Kyle looked at his fellow team members, liking them all instantly. “I hope so,” he replied with a smile.
 
How can we not when it has us four in it?” Zoe laughed.
 
Here's to winning the gold,” Treize said with a warm smile.
 
Hear, hear!” chorused Heero and Duo.
 
Noin just shook her head. They were a good team, they had companionship, worked well together and were their county's best.
 
They also had the two most vital ingredients of all.
 
The will to win and damn fine horses to do it on!
 
~ * ~
 
tbc...
 
[1] Greenwich park: This is the site where the equestrian section of the Olympic Games will be held in 2012. For further information please visit here: http://www.london2012.com/venues/greenwich-park.php
 
AN: As I have never been inside an Olympic Village all the information relating to security, buildings, layout and so on are completely made up. I have based this part of the fic (accommodations etc) on what little I have managed to find out, and the rest is purely from my own mind. Also, the Games discussed here are yet to happen so there is obviously a lot of stuff also made up, such as the practice arenas, main arena and such. I have done the best I can with the knowledge and research available to me. As there are no `proper' maps of the actual layout for the arenas etc I have made up my own.