Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Going For Gold ❯ Chapter 100 ( Chapter 100 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

“Going for Gold”
 
January 2007 ShenLong
 
Chapter 100
 
 
Once all the commotion in the collecting ring had died down, Noin informed her two successful riders that the medal presentation would take place just as soon as the arena had been cleared of all the jumps. It didn't leave enough time to go back to the stables and spruce the horses up, so Michael and Duo did the best they could with what they had - one brush between the pair of them.
 
Whilst they were busy tidying up their respective charges, Noin went to find out if there would be an official announcement of all the final placings for the individual competition. She returned after several minutes with news on that.
 
“They will only announce the medal winning riders, however, a full result of all placings will be posted to all the bulletin boards around the stables and arena, plus the results will be posted to the official, Olympic Internet results site,” Noin informed them all.
 
“I'm not too sure I want to know where I finished,” Kyle said a little glumly. “I know I let the entire team down.”
 
“You did no such thing,” exclaimed Noin. “All of you rode magnificently and should be proud of yourselves, your horses and your achievements; I know I am.”
 
“Yeah, Kyle. You were a part of the team and a good one at that so don't go belittling yourself,” Treize stated with a warm smile.
 
“We couldn't have done it without you, Kyle,” Heero supplied.
 
“You didn't need my faults to drag you all down,” Kyle muttered.
 
“No, we needed four riders to spread the pressure of competition out evenly amongst all of us. A few faults is nothing; at least you didn't fall off and get yourself eliminated,” Zoe told him.
 
“I guess you're right there,” Kyle replied with a hint of a smile. “Thanks, guys.”
 
“Looks like they're almost ready for the medal presentation,” Noin said, pulling everyone back to the here and now. “Best get mounted up. I'm going back inside to watch.”
 
Zoe and Heero mounted their horses, Michael and Duo following them both back to the steward that waited at the arena entry.
 
The steward smiled at them all. “Congratulations to all of you. If I may say, you all rode very well and it was one of the most exciting and closest jump off's I've seen in a long time.”
 
Zoe, Heero and Arnold all blushed.
 
“You certainly gave the crowd their money's worth in entertainment,” the steward continued. “You all deserve to be recognized as true sportsmen; and women,” he added when he saw Zoe's face color.
 
“Thank you,” all three responded.
 
“I guess we should be going back in to take our seats,” Duo said.
 
The steward turned and looked at the long haired man. “Are you one of these horse's grooms?”
 
“Yeah. I belong to the gray and his rider,” Duo replied and then held the mental snicker as he thought about what he'd said.
 
“With this being the individual presentation, you're more than welcome to go into the arena with the riders and hold the horse whilst they are receiving their medals.”
 
“Eh? I thought you had stewards for that?”
 
“Yes, we do, but that's for the team competitions as there's so many of them in the ring. With there only being the three, we find it's easier for the groom to hold onto the horse; better for the horse too as he knows you.”
 
Duo could see the logic in that and smiled, his stomach began to flutter at the thought of stepping into the `hallowed' arena and holding Shinigami whilst the medals were presented. “I'd love to go in and hold Shini, if you're sure it's okay?”
 
“Of course,” the steward smiled.
 
“Then count me in too,” Michael stated.
 
Arnold's groom also smiled and nodded.
 
“Good.” The steward grabbed his walkie talkie off his belt and informed the ring crew that the grooms would be coming in to hold the horses and that stewards wouldn't be necessary. “They're just about ready for you. Mrs Rundell, you're in first, Mr Yuy, you follow and Mr Penn, you bring up the rear. The grooms can all follow after the horses have entered.”
 
“Thank you.”
 
Duo shifted a little closer to Heero and Shini, resting his hand on Heero's calf and giving a light squeeze. Heero looked to his partner, the love shining in his eyes and feeling happy that Duo would be getting to come into the arena and share in this special moment with him. Duo deserved it just as much as Heero did, at least that's what Heero thought.
 
“Okay, they're ready now. Mrs Rundell, would you please lead the way?”
 
Zoe shortened her reins and pushed her horse forward, the stallion responding and walking calmly down the tunnel and into the arena. Heero and Arnold followed a horse length behind. Taking a deep breath, Duo started forward, Michael beside him and Arnold's groom, Roger, on the other side.
 
“Ladies and gentlemen, the medal winners for the individual showjumping competition!”
 
As the three rode into the arena, the applause and cheering was so loud it was almost deafening. Duo grinned as he looked around, the sheer size of the area and number of people in the stands overwhelming him. How Heero and Shini had managed to keep their concentration when all those people were watching was beyond him. If Duo had been riding he would have gone to pieces!
 
“Kinda awe inspiring, isn't it?” Michael whispered.
 
“You could say that,” Duo agreed.
 
“I don't think I could have ridden in here, not with all these people watching,” Roger muttered.
 
“I second that motion. I'd have needed a change of underwear the moment I entered,” Duo snickered.
 
Both Roger and Michael laughed.
 
The three grooms continued to walk to where the medal dais waited. They were shown where to stand by a friendly steward and took the moment to gaze around whilst the riders and horses were completing their walk around the arena.
 
Finally the horses and riders approached the dais and halted beside their grooms and behind the platforms. Heero dismounted and took the reins over Shini's head, passing them to Duo.
 
“Nervous?” Duo asked as he took the reins and patted Shini.
 
“Yeah, quite a bit,” Heero replied honestly.
 
“You know how damn proud of you I am?”
 
Heero gave a soft smile. “I know, and I'm equally as proud of you.”
 
“Just you wait until we're alone tonight. I promise you a night to remember, Heero.” Duo's voice was low and husky, his eyes held the promise of pleasures to come and his body language suggested that Heero wouldn't be getting any sleep tonight at all.
 
Heero barely caught the moan and felt his nether regions reacting. He was quick to squash that though, the last thing he needed was a hard on whilst receiving his medal, especially when they were also on national television.
 
Duo ached to take Heero in his arms and kiss the rider senseless. But it would have to wait. Hopefully not too long or Duo just might not be able to hang onto his self control.
 
“Ladies and gentlemen, the winner of the bronze medal with an overall score of eight faults and a time of 31:45 seconds. Representing the United Kingdom; Arnold Penn riding Jigsaw!”
 
The crowd cheered, whistled and applauded as Arnold, their home grown hero, climbed up onto the third place platform on the dais. He waved to the crowd and then bent at the waist for the FEI vice president to place the bronze medal around his neck. He shook hands and smiled as he received his small bouquet of flowers. Behind him, another delegate was placing the third place rosette on Jigsaw's bridle. Standing up again, he waved once more to the spectators.
 
“In second place, the winner of the silver medal with an overall score of four faults and a jump off time of 29:50 seconds. Representing Australia; Zoe Rundell riding Lionheart!”
 
Again the crowd cheered as a very happy Zoe stepped up onto the silver medal position on the dais. She waved to the crowd and even blew a few kisses. The tears of joy were running freely again and Zoe thought she would burst from all the happiness she felt.
 
The officials appeared before her and Zoe bent to allow the silver medal to be placed around her neck. She shook hands and exchanged a few words with the vice president, smiling through her tears and then took the flowers offered. Again, behind her a delegate was placing the second place rosette on Lion's bridle and congratulating Michael on the horse's placing.
 
Standing back upright, Zoe waved again to the crowds.
 
“Now it's your turn,” Duo whispered to Heero. “Love you, Heero.”
 
Soft, Prussian eyes took in the lovely sight of his boyfriend and Heero had to swallow hard. “Love you too, Duo. So much.”
 
“And now, the winner of the gold medal for the individual showjumping competition, with a combined overall score of four faults and a jump off time of 28:02 seconds. Representing Australia; Heero Yuy riding Shinigami!”
 
As Heero stepped up onto the dais the arena went wild. The cheers and applause drowned out anything else and continued for a good few minutes. Heero laughed and waved to the crowds, the tears of joy had started again and he declined to wipe them away. He didn't care who saw him crying, this was a special moment, one he'd worked hard for and he was damn well going to enjoy every second of his hard won victory.
 
The FEI vice president appeared before him and Heero bent over at the waist to receive his medal. Behind him, Duo opted to enjoy the view and snickered to himself as he thought what the reaction of everyone here would be if they could for one minute see what he was thinking. Heero's nicely shaped ass was right before him, presented in a way that Duo found both exciting and forbidden. God how he'd love to grab those hips, hold Heero in place and pound into him.
 
Somehow he didn't think it would go down to well and was quick to rein in his lustful thoughts. There would be time for that later.
 
“Congratulations and well done,” the vice president said. “That was an excellent round and some of the finest, tactical riding I've seen in a long time. You certainly deserve the gold.”
 
“Thank you, sir. I was lucky enough to have a good mentor, coach, horse and supporters,” Heero replied feeling himself flush with the praise.
 
“Ah, yes. Your horse. Wonderful animal with good scope and courage. Where did you get him from?”
 
“I bred him myself, sir.”
 
“You did all the training with him yourself?”
 
“Yes, I did.”
 
The vice president smiled. “Then it's even more of a victory and a compliment to you and your skills. I wish you all the best.”
 
“T- Thank you,” Heero managed to get out. He was unaccustomed to all this praise and it was beginning to make him uncomfortable. Yes, he had a good horse, yes he was a reasonably good rider, but there were others who were just as good, if not better than himself - or so Heero thought. Besides, he'd also had one other thing on his side.
 
Duo.
 
Without the love, support and faith of his lover, Heero very much doubted he would be standing here today. He glanced back over his shoulder to where Duo was standing with Shini and he smiled. The vet was sneaking the gray carrots and whispering softly to him. Shini looked very pleased with himself. Heero felt the ache in his chest and the lump in his throat grow stronger as he gazed adoringly upon the two things that meant more to him than life itself.
 
“Sir?”
 
Heero spun around to see the delegate offering him his bunch of flowers. Taking them he thanked them and apologized for his inattention. With the flowers in one hand and medal around his neck, he waved to the crowd again and watched from the corner of his eye as Shinigami received his large, blue, red and white rosette.
 
“Congratulations,” said the delegate as he reached for the brow band of Shini's bridle and hooked the rosette into place.
 
“Thank you,” Duo replied politely and held Shini's head still.
 
“He's a lovely horse, got a wonderful jump on him.” The delegate gave Shini a pat.
 
“I think so too, but then again, I'm biased,” Duo replied with a grin.
 
“I would be too,” the delegate chuckled and went to move away.
 
Duo only just managed to yank Shini's head back as the stallion saw a chance to get a nip in and had snaked his head forward to try and grab the backside of the retreating delegate.
 
“No you don't, Shini,” Duo scolded under his breath. “You don't try to bite the nice man, he just gave you a fancy rosette and paid you compliments.”
 
Shinigami looked suitably chastised and then put on the liquid eyes, begging for another carrot.
 
“Sheesh. Why I put up with you I don't know,” Duo muttered, but produced the carrot anyway.
 
“Ladies and gentlemen, the national anthem of Australia.”
 
Everyone fell silent as the music began to play, Heero, Zoe and Duo all turned to where the three flags were being raised and sang along with the anthem. Each one had tears in their eyes as the Australian flag rose proudly in first and second place. In the stands the remainder of the Aussies also sang along, each fiercely proud of their achievements.
 
Once the anthem finished the press moved in and took their photos as the three on the podium waved to the crowd, posed and then gave a sigh of relief as they were allowed to go back to their horses for their lap of honor.
 
“I could kiss you right now,” Duo murmured as he held Shini for Heero to mount.
 
“And I could let you too,” Heero replied with a warm smile. “Just wait until we get some alone time, I'm going to ravish your mouth.”
 
“Just my mouth?” Duo pouted.
 
“Oh, and every inch of your skin.” Heero swung himself into the saddle.
 
Duo shivered. “Go, enjoy your lap of honor. Just remember that after all this is over, you're mine to do with as I wish.”
 
It was Heero's turn to shiver at the smoky tone of Duo's voice. Turning the gray, Heero led the lap of honor.
 
* * *
 
Back home in Australia, Quatre and Trowa had watched the medal ceremony with tears in their own eyes. They were so proud of their friend and his horse. When they saw Duo enter the arena and hold onto Shinigami, they were even happier. It seemed fitting that Duo should share in the moment, after all, he'd been a lot of the driving force behind Heero's success.
 
“We need to hold a parade, ceremony or something for them when they get back,” Quatre suddenly announced.
 
Trowa's eyes widened and he swallowed. He knew how much Heero disliked the limelight. “Are you sure that's a good idea? You know Heero doesn't like being in the spotlight.”
 
“Oh, piffle. They're local heroes, of course they they should have a welcome back ceremony. I'm sure everyone here in Salsbury would like to see them, congratulate them on their success, especially as a lot of them donated to Heero's fund raising to be able to get to the games.”
 
“I see what you're saying, Quatre, but let me make a suggestion here. Let Heero know well in advance otherwise he's likely to do a runner if you spring it on him.”
 
Quatre grinned. “Don't worry. I'll contact the mayor tomorrow and arrange a meeting with him to discuss it. I'm sure he will be only too happy to welcome home a dual gold medalist and once we know when Heero and Duo will be arriving back home we can arrange a date.”
 
“Don't forget that Shini will have to go into quarantine,” Trowa reminded the blonde.
 
“I know, but with them coming from England, the quarantine period won't be too long, just a couple of weeks.”
 
Seemed Quatre had an answer for everything. Trowa just sighed and made a mental note to call Heero later to congratulate him and warn him of Quatre's intentions.
 
* * *
 
“Thank god that's all over,” Heero exclaimed as he staggered in the door to his and Duo's dorm room in the Olympic village and promptly collapsed onto the bed.
 
Duo closed the door and locked it behind them, flicking on the light switch to the small table lamp and turning to stare at his lover. “I thought you were getting better at handling the press and all the attention,” he snickered.
 
Heero threw an arm across his eyes and groaned. “I hate the media,” he muttered.
 
“Aw, poor baby had to put up with all those questions and congratulations from the adoring public,” Duo teased as he walked across and sat on the edge of the bed.
 
“I don't know why they can't leave me alone,” he sulked.
 
“Maybe it's because you're the hero of the equestrian team, winning two gold medals?” Duo responded as he ran his fingertips along Heero's arm.
 
Heero shivered from the touch as his mind replayed the scene from earlier. Once the medal ceremony had finished, he'd managed to make it back to the stables, skillfully avoiding the press - or so he'd thought. They were lying in wait for him at the stabling complex.
 
~ Flashback ~
 
Fortunately, Noin had taken charge and shooed the press away with the promise of an interview with both Heero and Zoe once they'd settled their horses. Needless to say, Heero had made sure to take his time settling Shinigami. He hadn't been able to avoid it for too long though and he'd duly presented himself to the mercy of the media. It hadn't been too bad, they only asked questions relating to the course, the jump off and how he'd felt once he knew he'd won. Heero had replied as honestly as he could and tried to keep the scowl off his face.
 
He'd confessed later to Duo that he'd wanted to reply with `How the bloody hell did they think he felt winning a second gold?!' Duo had snickered and told him he should have.
 
The remaining placings for the individuals had been posted up as promised and the team had eagerly crowded around the bulletin board to see where they had finished.
 
Treize was highly delighted to note he'd ended up sharing fifth place with the British number three rider, his clear round enabling him to remain on his ten faults total. Kyle had his self esteem restored when he saw he'd finished in equal ninth with four other riders.
 
Once their press obligations had been satisfied, Heero, Zoe and the rest of the Aussie team were dragged off to change and attend a party that Noin had managed to organize at a small restaurant on the outskirts of the Olympic Village without any of them knowing. It had been a lot of fun, the tension gone now that the competition was over and they could all relax and let their hair down as Duo had put it.
 
The alcohol flowed freely for those that wished to drink, alternative beverages were supplied for those that didn't wish to imbibe. There was a large buffet set up too so people could help themselves to the many varied and wonderful dishes that England had to offer.
 
Heero had partaken of a few glasses of wine, enough to relax him but not affect his functioning in any way. Duo had one glass of sparkling wine for the toast to the horses and riders, then switched back to soft drink. He wanted a clear head on the `morrow, not to mention he had certain plans for that evening and would need all his faculties.
 
Having stayed at the party for a few hours, Duo could wait no longer to have his love in his arms and bed and asked Heero if he was ready to leave. Heero had been more than ready. It was early evening, but he was tired and he also wanted very much to share some quiet and quality time with his lover. They announced their intentions to retire only to have Treize ask them to wait for a few minutes. Both men had looked a little confused, but Treize told them it wouldn't take long and so with neither one any the wiser, they did as Treize asked.
 
Treize managed to get the juke box turned down and called the party to order. Once he had the floor, he cleared his throat. “I just want to say a few words,” he began and looked around. His eyes found Noin and held her gaze. “On behalf of the team, I'd like to thank Miss Noin for all her dedication and hard work, her coaching skills and support to each and every one of us involved in this team. If it hadn't been for you, Noin, we wouldn't be standing here today with the Olympic Gold in our hands.” Treize motioned for Noin to join him on the dance floor and then turned to where Zechs was standing off to the side. The blonde vet stepped forward carrying an enormous bouquet of flowers and magnum of champagne.
 
Noin rose from her seat, her cheeks red and the tears threatening to fall yet again.
 
“On behalf of us all, I'd like to say thank you.” Treize stepped back and allowed Zechs to present the woman with the gifts. Murmurs of `hear hear' rang out around the room as Noin took the offered gifts.
 
Looking from the gifts to the people around her, Noin wasn't sure she would be able to speak, but she managed to locate her voice and despite it cracking a few times, she did her best to say what she felt. “Thank you, all of you. I never expected anything like this and I'm honored to accept such a lovely present. You didn't have to do this though, it has been a privilege and honor to work with you all. You should each be proud of yourselves and your horses. You have all worked exceptionally hard and achieved fantastic results. Honestly, having you work so well together and win the gold medal has been reward enough for me, but I do sincerely thank you all.” Noin couldn't say anymore and bowed her head. Sniffling, she returned to her table amidst the applause.
 
Treize stepped forward again and stilled the applause. “One more thing before we all get back to partying.” He looked to Zechs who again stepped forward from the shadows, this time holding a small box. Treize took the box and looked to the group again. “All of us would like to say a heartfelt thank you to Doctor Duo Maxwell for taking such good care of all our horses for us.”
 
Duo found himself the center of attention and squirmed. His face went red and he did his best to hide.
 
“Doctor Maxwell, if you please?” Treize motioned for Duo to join him, reluctantly, the vet did, but only after a push from his boyfriend.
 
“On behalf of the team, we would like to present you with this as a sign of our appreciation and gratitude for keeping our horses healthy and safe.” Treize smiled and handed over the box whilst everyone around clapped.
 
Duo took the box and carefully opened it. Inside sat a gold wristwatch. On the back had been inscribed: `Thanks from the team and horses; 2012 London Olympics.' Duo's eyes began to mist and slowly he raised his head to look at everyone. “Oh, guys,” he began. “You didn't have to do anything like this. It's been my pleasure to look after your horses. I should be thanking you for allowing me to do that, for trusting me with your precious animals. I - I'm stunned.”
 
Everyone broke into grins and cheered as Duo wiped his eyes and gave them all a smile before walking back to Heero.
 
“And now, let's party on!” Treize said. Everyone agreed and the juke box was turned up again.
 
~ End of Flashback ~
 
Heero caught the wrist, effectively stopping Duo's fingers from caressing his arm and he stared at the watch resting against the pale skin.
 
Noting where his lover's eyes had traveled, Duo swallowed and spoke. “You didn't tell me you were all planning on getting me this,” he scolded softly.
 
“Didn't want to ruin the surprise,” Heero murmured. “It suits you.”
 
“It's too much. I've only been doing my job after all; and getting paid for it.”
 
“Never too much. You deserve it, Duo. You looked after everyone's horses as if they were your own and we all appreciate that. This is our way of saying thank you.” Heero raised himself up of the bed enough to capture Duo's lips in a heated kiss. When they broke apart, his eyes were slightly glazed. “Now, let me say my own, personal thank you,” he whispered.
 
Duo moaned and let Heero pull him to the bed where he was kissed again. “You know how torturous it is to watch you, be with you and not be able to hold you in my arms and kiss you senseless after such stunning performances?” Duo asked quietly, his voice husky and low.
 
“About as torturous as it is for me?” Heero replied. “However, I'm sure I can remedy that.”
 
“How?”
 
“This is one performance you will be able to touch me and show me all you like,” the rider supplied and then lowered his lips to kiss every inch of exposed skin he could find.
 
Soft moans and pants graced the air of the small room as fingers, lips and tongues went on journey's of discovery. Heero managed to remove Duo's clothes without too much difficulty. Duo returned the gesture, all but tearing Heero's from his body.
 
Both naked, they writhed against the sheets, Duo's hips raising and falling as Heero's mouth explored the skin of sensitive inner thigh, nipping and soothing his way to where Duo wanted the touch so much. With an evil glint in his eye, Heero bypassed the swollen length and opted to press feather kisses against Duo's scrotum.
 
“Good, feels so good,” Duo moaned as his hands fisted the sheets.
 
Fingers tweaked and tormented dusky nipples, whilst his mouth continued to pay homage to those delicious balls. With Duo's sac covered in Heero's saliva, the rider took mercy on his victim and licked along the rigid length, arriving at the tip and circling it.
 
Duo allowed the torment to continue for a while before he thought it time or payback. Managing to wriggle his way out from underneath Heero, he flipped them so Heero was now lying on his back. Staring down at his lover, Duo licked his lips and then lowered his mouth to breathe hot air across Heero's straining need.
 
“Ahh.” Heero's head tossed from side to side, fingers caught the sheets in a death grip and eyes slipped shut.
 
Taking the tip into his mouth, Duo worked just the crown whilst his hands fumbled with the lube he'd snagged from underneath the pillow. Managing to coat his fingers and still keeping his mouth teasing that swollen crown, he slid a finger into Heero's channel.
 
The penetration was unexpected and Heero gasped. His eyes shot open to see Duo staring wickedly up at him. A second finger joined the first and Heero groaned.
 
It didn't take long for Duo to prep his lover, the thick gel making it a lot easier. Satisfied that Heero was slick enough, Duo removed his fingers and then groaned as he felt Heero's hand wrap around his length.
 
Having found the tube, Heero had squeezed some of the substance out into his own hand. Feeling Duo's fingers leave his passage, he quickly curled his hand around Duo's length and spread the slippery gel. Satisfied his partner was coated enough, Heero grasped the base of Duo's cock and guided it to his entrance. He spread his legs wider in invitation and thrust his hips up.
 
Duo's cock brushed over his small hole and Heero groaned. “Take me,” he begged.
 
Unable to hold back any longer, Duo took his weight fully on his knees and pushed forward. The head met with a measure of resistance and then slid through and into Heero's sheath. Gently, Duo pushed forward until he was completely inside Heero, his balls pressing against the rider's cheeks. Once they had both adjusted and regained control over their bodies, Duo began to move.
 
It was slow, sweet and sensual. The steady build in pleasure as Duo's cock stroked his inner walls and stimulated the nerves and his prostate had Heero on the verge of sobbing, he was so aroused.
 
Duo wasn't much better either. The tightness of the muscles around him, the gentle, rippling caress combined with the heat had Duo teetering on the brink in no time. Knowing this wasn't going to last as long as he'd like, Duo curled his hand around Heero's length and began to pump.
 
The extra stimulation had Heero crying out. It only took half a dozen strokes, the connection of Duo's cock against his prostate and Heero was spilling his passion all over his belly.
 
A keening cry and Duo was seconds behind him.
 
Curled together, fluids drying on their sweat damp skin, both men wore sated smiles. Neither had the energy to move.
 
They would be flying back to Australia the following evening. Duo needed to get back to his practice and Heero just wanted to go home.
 
It had been quite the experience, one neither man would forget any time soon.
 
But for now there was just the warmth of each other's body, the satisfaction of knowing they'd achieved their dream and the knowledge that they had all they'd ever wanted... and more.
 
~ * ~
 
to be concluded...