Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Gone In 60 Seconds ❯ Chapter 3

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
29 Dec 2000

Type : epic, fusion, AU
Teaser: Legendary car booster Heero Yuy thought he'd left the fast lane behind -- until he is forced out of retirement in a do-or-die effort to save his kid sister from the wrath of an evil monster! But with speed to burn and attitude to spare, Heero hastily re-assembles his old crew and floors it in a full throttle race to pull off the ultimate car heist: 50 exotic beauties in 24 hours -- and the cops are already on to them!
Spoilers : Gone In 60 Seconds 2000 version
Warnings : language
Pairings : 1+2, 3+4, 6+9
Rating : PG-13
Disclaimer : I don't own anything. I am poor... want a nickle?
Feedback : Please please please!!!!





Gone In 60 Seconds by Willow
Chapter 3: Emotional Rescue


Relena looked around her through drug blurred vision. She'd woken up, feeling woozy and sloshed, to find herself captive in one of Une's lock rooms.

Now they were dragging her out to be crushed with her Firebird. 'What a shitty day,' she thought vaguely through the mind numbing sleep enducing drug. They pushed her in and handcuffed her to the steering wheel, she was going no where.

Grinning, Une's goon climbed into his forklift and rammed the 'Bird once for good measure.

"What are you doin', man?" Len yelled after shaking off as much of the drug as she could. The guy hit the lift switch. Relena tugged at the cuffs, she was getting frantic. "Stop! Stop!"

Atley's cell phone rang. Flipping it open he shot a glance at Heero, "Atley Jackson."

Heero looked over at him from passenger's seat.

"Got it," Atley said, snapping the phone shut. Turning to Heero, he said, "They have Len."

"Take me there," Heero said, closing his eyes and turning back to the window.

Atley pulled into the salvage yard, his face calm and hard. The foreman directed them on to the offices and Atley gave a breif nod of thanks.

Getting out of the car, Atley frowned. "Down here."

Heero walked down the stares allowing his anger to show in his eyes. 'She will not be forgiven if she hurts Len,' he promised as he set foot in the small office.

At a table, Une sat watching a game of baseball. Heero grimaced, 'Why in hell is she watching a fucking game of baseball? What the fuck is this?'

Atley stepped forward and introduced them. "Une, Heero Yuy."

"I try...." Une said turning to look at Heero, then back to the TV, "to learn your ways, understand your obsessions. But this baseball-- it's so bleeding boring, isn't it?"

"Where's my sister?" Heero ground out through clenched teeth.

Une switched off the TV and turned in her chair to face him. "Heero Yuy, your legend precedes you. Atley tells me you're the best."

Heero turned to glare at Atley, who fidgited from foot to foot nervously.

"After you left, auto theft in the South Bay area went down 47 percent," Une said, seemingly impressed with this.

"Where's my sister?" Heero said again, he was getting tired of this woman's bullshit and wanted answers now.

Standing, Une walked over to her wares. "I'm proud of these," she cooed at her creations, "Straddle chairs from the Arts and Crafts period."

Atley and Heero followed her through her workshop of wood.

'I see where she gets the name The Carpenter,' Heero thought.

"Mahogany table with cloud-lift pattern," Une continued, pointing out her works, "Black walnut wine table." Then disgust crept into her voice, "Metal's cold, ugly." Then she became dreamy and her voice filled with honey. "Wood's warm, clean, provided by nature."

Her eyes shown like a kid on Christmas when she gazed upon her wood carved items. "See a piece of furniture take shape, it's like watching a child grow."

Heero was getting impatient, "I asked you a question."

Une ignored him, "They threw us out of England, threw us out of France, but here we are, flourishing really," she paused, "except for the minor inconvenience of despising everything about your country." She sat down in her chair and crossed her legs, reaching over she handed Heero a piece of paper, "On this list you'll find 50 cars-- five-zero. I need all 50 cars delivered to Long Beach Harbor, pier 14 by 8:00 a.m. four days from now. I'm paying 200,000 dollars."

Heero set the peper back on the desk, "I'm not interested. I'm just here for my sister."

"Young Len came to me. She had street cred. The sister of the notorious Heero Yuy," she looked at Heero, eyes dark, "So two weeks ago I hired her and advanced her 10,000 dollars."

Heero looked significantly at Atley, "Atley told me. If it's about the advance, I cna understand your anger." Heero pulled a wad of bills from his coat pocket and placed it on the table. "The debt has to be settled. Ten grand, from me to you."

"I wish it was that easy," Une said, looking at the stack of money.

"I don't see the complication."

Une looked sharply up at him, "I have four days to deliver 50 cars, and i have no cars."

"Well, that's another problem," Heero grunted.

"It is another problem, isn't it?" Une said standing. "It's about me delivering 50 top-end cars because I said I would. Because if I don't, my south American friend goes somewhere else from now on. And that's not good. It's a humiliation. Because I'm the asshole who said I could deliver. Am I an asshole? Do I look like an asshole?"

"Yeah," Heero said simply, bluntly.

Une's eyes blazed fury. She reached down and picked up the money, throwing it in his face. Heero just stood there. "I need that paper satisfied," she spat, her eyes smoldering fire.

"I'm retired. And where the hell is my sister?" Heero said, glaring at the woman.

Une walked around the desk and over to a sheet covered boject. She threw back the sheet to reveal a coffin. "I made this as well. My first one."

Heero's heart sank as Une reached for the lid. She opened it to reveal nothing. Heero sighed mentally.

Stalking out of the office, Une lead the way to where the car compactor was.

"It takes 80,000 pounds of pressure to crush a car," she told Heero idlely.

Heero saw the forelift pull back. "Len?"

Relena looked blindly around, the bright lights glaring in her eyes. "Who's that?"

"Heero."

"Oh, shit," she whispered.

"You okay?" Heero asked, coming to stand beside the vehicle.

Une nodded to someone and he pulled the lever to crush the car. Before they knew what was going on the roof came down on Len with a crash. Len ducked down away from the slowly decending ceiling.

"Shut it off!!!!" Heero yelled, punching the guy beside him and grabbing his gun. He whirled around ot aim at Une.

"Turn it off!!!" Relena screamed, her voice ragged with fear.

"You've got thirty seconds to consider your options," Une said, unphased by the gun in her face.

"Shut it off!" Heero yelled again.

"One: You kill me; they kill you. Your sister dies anywway," Une stated. "Two: You lie, you accept the job, take your sister, you run. I hunt you down, I kill you, I kill your sister, and I kill your mother for the aggravation you've caused me."

She paused a moment. "Three: You accept the deal, you steal some cars, you make some money and you be a big brother."

Seeing no way out, Heero dropped the gun to the ground. Une signaled for them to shut the machine off, "8:00 a.m. Friday morning. The cars are on the boat or your sister's in the coffin."

"Heero!!!" Len yelled from inside the car. "Get me outta here! Somebody get me outta here."




-------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------

End Chapter 3


Willow -- Please send feedback to the author at: xxacidburnxx_1x2@yahoo.com