Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Gone In 60 Seconds ❯ Chapter 5

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
29 Dec 2000

Type : epic, fusion, AU
Teaser: Legendary car booster Heero Yuy thought he'd left the fast lane behind -- until he is forced out of retirement in a do-or-die effort to save his kid sister from the wrath of an evil monster! But with speed to burn and attitude to spare, Heero hastily re-assembles his old crew and floors it in a full throttle race to pull off the ultimate car heist: 50 exotic beauties in 24 hours -- and the cops are already on to them!
Spoilers : Gone In 60 Seconds 2000 version
Warnings : language
Pairings : 1+2, 3+4, 6+9
Rating : PG-13
Disclaimer : I don't own anything. I am poor... want a nickel?
Feedback : Please please please!!!!





Gone In 60 Seconds by Willow
Chapter 5: Police Hospitality


Noin walked down the pier. Coming up on their informant she spoke, "Hey, Fuzzy."

"Aw, shit. What are you doin' here?" Fuzz asked, his face showing his distress. "I told you I don't know anything."

She came face to face with him, grabbing him by the front of his shirt. "Yeah, but you're a liar." She said plainly.

Fuzzy looked at her, "You're gonna get me fired, woman."

"Fired? That's not good. You're on parole, right?" she asked, with mock innocence.

Zechs walked up and watched for a moment before speaking. "Fuzzy, hey, nobody wants to get you fired. We just need this information is all."

Noin dropped his collar. Fuzzy glared at her for a second, then turned back to his work. "Two weeks ago, a call came in for a lot of top-end cars."

"And who made that call?" Zechs asked.

"I don't have a clue," Fuzz replied.

"Okay. We should go talk to your boss," Noin said sweetly and turned to walk off.

"Oh, shh!!!" Fuzz said grabbing her arm. "The delivery date. I know the delivery date."

"And when is that?" Zechs asked, impatient.

"Thursday, Friday, end of the week."

"Well, you get me a name within 48 hours, or we'll be back," Zechs said, his tone promissing trouble.

Smiling, Noin turned. "Good to see you, buddy," she called back over her shoulder, winking at him.

"Thank you," Fuzzy replied, subduedly.

Heero walked into the dinner and looked around. Snagging a waitress by the arm he asked, "I'm looking for Helen Yuy."

"Helen, some guy's here for you," the waitress called out. Then went abouther business.

"What guy? What's he look like?" Helen asked, gathering several plates to take to her customers.

"Like a firecracker. Like your son," Heero said, a small smile on his face.

Helen turned to look at him, her face lit with a sunny smile, "You look so good."

"Thank you, Momma. Here. Spring-- Spring bouquet," he said, handing her a vase of flowers.

Her smile faded a little and she asked, "What are you doing here?"

Heero's face when expressionless, "Well, uh, Atley Jackson came to see me. Told me something about Len." He watched as her face expressed her shock, "Can I help you with one of these?" He grabbed a plate and helped her to her round. When they were finished, they sat down in a booth.

"I can't say I'm surprised," Helen sighed. "All her life she looked up to you, tried to be you. I guess now she is."

Heero leaned across the table. "So why is this happening? I send you guys money."

Helen frowned, "She-- She met some people, and she changed. She lost that-- that sweetness, you know? Okay.... tell me. How deep in is she?"

He looked up at her. "Deep."

"Can you get her out?" Helen asked, her eyes pleading for a hope.

"It means doin' things, things I told you I'd never do again," Heero said to her honestly. His blue eyes sad.

"Do what it takes, Heero," she said, her voice choked with tears.

Heero leaned forward and took her hands in his. Then he stood and left the cafe. He put on his sunglasses as he walked out the door.

Outside the sun shown brightly, warming the city with her glory.

"When'd you get into town, Yuy?" Noin asked, walking up behind him.

"Last night," Heero said, turning to face the female detective.

"Last night? What for?"

"I thought I'd catch a Lakers game. Heard we got Shaquille," Heero retorted. 'As if it's any of your damn business,' he thought.

Noin and Zechs laughed.

"Guys wanna go?" Heero asked, trying to be polite to them, even though he'd rather be far away from their snooping. "Guess not," he said when they just continued to laugh. He turned and continued on his way.

"Heero, Heero, Heero, come here," Zechs said, trying to control his laughter. Heero turned around and he continued. "I get this call from this uniform, you know? Axton. Very nice man. Remembers everything. This man calls me up, says, 'Guess who's back in town?' I say, 'Who?' He says, 'Heero Yuy.' I say, 'Heero Yuy the car thief?' He says, 'Yeah.' I say 'Impossible.' He says, 'No, he's back.' I say, 'No, he's not.' He says, 'Yes, I will bet you 200 dollars I just saw Heero Yuy.' "

"You guys said a lot," Heero said, turning to look at Zechs, "Look, Detective--"

"No, whoa, whoa. What is really, really ironic about this-- Two nights ago we snare these 13 fresh stolens waiting for export," Zechs paused, "Alright, now. At the time I'm thinking, 'This feels like Heero Yuy.' Now, it didn't have your panache, your, uh, flash, but it just felt like Heero Yuy. And now here you are."

Heero was getting tired of this game, "Look, I don't know what you guys are looking for but I just got back, okay? It was a family emergancy. Now, that's the truth," Heero said, his voice as controlled as he could manage.

"Family emergancy. Yeah, I got a family emergancy too, Heero. I gotta go tell my woman that I just lost 200 dollars on a stupid deal," he said, indicating Noin a few paces behind them looking in a flower shop. "Come here. Come here, Heero. Take those glasses off, Heero. Please, do me a favor."

Heero took his sunglasses off and forced himself not to glare at the detective.

Zechs sighed, "Six years ago you make a real smart move, you know? You retire from a life that's gonna get you busted or killed or maybe even both. And I'm thinkin' that not putting you away when I had a chance is like this big bug up the ass of this real impressive career that I've had."

Heero looked thoughtful, "Oh, well yeah. Well, without disappointment you can't appreciate victory."

Zechs eyed him, "Eleanor tell you that?"

"Now, that's hittin' below the belt," Heero said, his face showing mock hurt.

"Yeah, all right, let me tell you about below the belt, Heero," Zechs said. "From here on out, if you walk across the street outside of a crosswalk, if you roll through a stop sign, if you use and aerosol can in a manner other than directed-- I mean, I don't care, you make one slip, and I will put you away for good."

"Okay," Heero said, walking off.

Noin came up to stand by Zechs. "Who's Eleanor?"

"Its a damn car," Zechs said.




--------------------------------------------- -----------------------------------

End Chapter 5


Willow -- Please send feedback to the author at: xxacidburnxx_1x2@yahoo.com