Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Gone In 60 Seconds ❯ Chapter 9

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
29 Dec 2000

Type : epic, fusion, AU
Teaser: Legendary car booster Heero Yuy thought he'd left the fast lane behind -- until he is forced out of retirement in a do-or-die effort to save his kid sister from the wrath of an evil monster! But with speed to burn and attitude to spare, Heero hastily re-assembles his old crew and floors it in a full throttle race to pull off the ultimate car heist: 50 exotic beauties in 24 hours -- and the cops are already on to them!
Spoilers : Gone In 60 Seconds 2000 version
Warnings : language
Pairings : 1+2, 3+4, 6+9
Rating : PG-13
Disclaimer : I don't own anything. I am poor... want a nickel?
Feedback : Please please please!!!!





Gone In 60 Seconds by Willow
Chapter 9: Free Advice


Relena sat fixing her motor cycle, cleaning various parts.

Heero walked into the garage looking around. On the shelf sat a picture of them, their dad and his Marlboro red '69 Camaro convertible. "Oh, Dad," Heero sighed. "We'd probably both be working at the dealership if he hadn't died," he said to Len. "just like normal people."

"Shit," Len hissed, grabbing her beer and walking out of the room.

Heero followed her out onto the porch. "What's the matter with you?"

"eh," she muttered, "six years does a lot of different things to people. You know, I don't know where you went, but you know, you're in there, you're talking about being normal-- I mean, you were always the one who was goin' after the easy money."

Heero walked across the porch and sat on the glider. "I didn't do it for the money," he said, "I did it for the cars. Gleaming in marina blue, sunfire yellow, Marlboro red. Begging to be plucked. And I'd do it. I'd boost her and just blast to Palm Springs, instantly feeling better about being me." He sighed. "And then the next day, it seems like, I'm getting shot at, my friends are dying, people are going to jail. I didn't like what I'd become."

Len stood up, and looked at him. "Yeah, and then you left, and I didn't have a brother anymore, and now you want to give me advice and I don't even know you. And you know, I got my own family now, I got my own friends. And you can say what you want about them, but they're loyal."

Heero looked at his beer. "Well, when you hit the wall, the same thing's gonna happen. You and your family are either gonna get shot or get a five-year jolt at Corcoran."




---------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------



"Those Mercedes we impounded?" Noin said walking up, "Need those newfangled laser-cut keys. Each one's from Dressner Foreign Motors downtown Newport where all the employees are clean, except for him." She handed Zechs the file. "Dekim Barton. Served a nickel at Folsom for auto insurance fraud."

Zechs flipped through the file. "My gosh, I bet he just neglected to mention that to the people at Dressner Foreign Motors, huh?"

"It gets better," she told him. "Our boy Dekim there places orders for lost keys to the Mercedes home office in Germany."

Zechs turned a brilliant grin on his partner and kissed her on the cheek.




-------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------

End Chapter 9: Free Advice


Willow -- Please send feedback to the author at: xxacidburnxx_1x2@yahoo.com