Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Gone In 60 Seconds ❯ Chapter 12

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
25 Feb 2001

Type : epic, fusion, AU
Teaser: Legendary car booster Heero Yuy thought he'd left the fast lane behind -- until he is forced out of retirement in a do-or-die effort to save his kid sister from the wrath of an evil monster! But with speed to burn and attitude to spare, Heero hastily re-assembles his old crew and floors it in a full throttle race to pull off the ultimate car heist: 50 exotic beauties in 24 hours -- and the cops are already on to them!
Spoilers : Gone In 60 Seconds 2000 version
Warnings : language
Pairings : 1+2, 3+4, 6+9
Rating : PG-13
Disclaimer : I don't own anything. I am poor... want a nickel?
Feedback : Please please please!!!!





Gone In 60 Seconds by Willow
Chapter 12: Complicated List


"To make the Friday 8:00 a.m. deadline, you're gonna have to go old school," Howard said, standing in front of a black board. "A one-night boost. Put all your nuts in one basket, okay?"

Tumbler raised his hand.

"One night?"

"Yes."

"What, are you crazy?"

"No, I'm not crazy."

Donny looked at the kid. "What, do you have a better plan or somethin'?"

"Yeah, you spread it out," Len said, "You play shadow games and shit."

"We're on a truncated timetable," Howard reminded the girl.

"Howard, I'm sorry. Can you just listen to me for one second, all right?" she said, holding up her hand.

Heero sighed. "We've heard you, Len. Shadow games. But you have to understand...." and at this he glared at her, "that if you play shadow games, by the second night, the heat is onto you." He further elaborated while he had her attention. "With a one-night boost, by the time the first car's reported stolen, your ship's set sail." He looked her straight in the eyes. "It's a surprise attack."

Howard looked at the gathered team. "This is a complicated list, fellas, it really is, okay? There are 25 that aren't a problem, but these exotics are tough to find." He listened to the groans. "And the new Mercedes, they require laser-cut keys, okay?"

"Yeah, I got that covered," Tumbler inserted.

"You have that covered?" Heero asked, raising an eyebrow, his icy blue eyes cutting with question.

"What'd I just say? Yeah, I got it covered."

"Yeah," Wufei breathed quietly, nodding.

Heero looked at Tumbler a moment. "All right, all right. Well, then let's get to work." He pinned the blond boy with a gaze. "Quatre, hack into the insurance database and find as many cars as you can."




--------------------------------------------- -----------------------------------



"Yes!" Quatre muttered to himself as his search bore fruit. "I got addresses on Hilary, Natalie and Tracy."




------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------



"Donny, check the D.M.V. for the remaining cars on the list."




-------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------



"I'm sorry, miss, but you've missed five questions. That's failing," the clerk told the girl. Donny looked at her as he passed, recognizing her as the girl from before.... the one who could not drive for....

"No!" she whined. "No! Why? You're supposed to go faster when somebody tailgates you!"

Shaking his head, Donny moved to his window. "Ah. Hello again."

The clerk smiled at him. "Mm-hmm. Here's your list of the 20 car owners' names and the addresses that you requested."

"Thank you."

"That's $100, please."

"A hundred dollars?" Donny asked, surprised.

"Well, five dollars a car. Twenty cars. Would you like a calculator?"

He ignored her remark. "It used to be two dollars a car." He paid the money. "Thanks a lot."




--------------------------------------------- -----------------------------------



"My name's Roger, sir. May I be of some help?" the salesman said, coming over to Heero who was inspecting a Ferrari F-40.

Heero turned to look at him. "That's funny," he monotoned, only a tiny bit of humor in that otherwise lifeless voice. "My name's Roger. Two Rogers don't make a right," he joked, or tried to. 'Duo's so much better at this than me....' "Roger, I have a problem."

"Yes," the ref said.

"I've been in L.A. for three months now. I have money, I have taste. But I'm not on anybody's 'A' list, and Saturday night is the loneliest night of the week for me." - 'That's not the half of it,' he thought.

"Oh. A Ferrari would certainly change that," Roger said.

"Perhaps. Mmm," Heero put his sunglasses to his lips, imitating thought. "But, you know, this is the one. Yes, yes, yes. I saw three of these parked outside the local Starbucks this morning, which tells me one thing. There's too many self-indulgent wieners in this city with too much bloody money!" - 'I hope that came out sounding convincing,' Heero prayed to himself. - Heero put his hand on the ref's shoulder. "Now, if I was driving a 1967 275 GTB four-cam--"

Roger looked impressed. "You would not ne a self-indulgent wiener, sir. You'd be a connoisseur."

"Precisely," Heero said, an evil-ish grin on his face. He gestured grandly. "Champagne would fall from the heavens. Doors would open. Velvet ropes would part."

"I don't have one here," Roger confessed. "however I do have one in the warehouse."

"Superb. What else do you have in the warehouse?"




--------------------------------------- -----------------------------------------

End Chapter 12: Complicated List


Willow -- Please send feedback to the author at: xxacidburnxx_1x2@yahoo.com