Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Gone In 60 Seconds ❯ Chapter 13

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
25 Feb 2001

Type : epic, fusion, AU
Teaser: Legendary car booster Heero Yuy thought he'd left the fast lane behind -- until he is forced out of retirement in a do-or-die effort to save his kid sister from the wrath of an evil monster! But with speed to burn and attitude to spare, Heero hastily re-assembles his old crew and floors it in a full throttle race to pull off the ultimate car heist: 50 exotic beauties in 24 hours -- and the cops are already on to them!
Spoilers : Gone In 60 Seconds 2000 version
Warnings : language
Pairings : 1+2, 3+4, 6+9
Rating : PG-13
Disclaimer : I don't own anything. I am poor... want a nickel?
Feedback : Please please please!!!!





Gone In 60 Seconds by Willow
Chapter 13: Catching A Thief


"Mm-hmm. All right. Uh-huh," Noin said then hung up the phone. "That was Mr. Barton from the dealership. He says that boxer-looking punk is gonna pick up the keys to three new Mercedes today." She grinned, "Same make and models as the ones we already got impounded."

"Now we're talkin'," Zechs replied, smiling slightly.




----------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------



Long Beach Harbor, Pier 14

"The El Spirito de Garciela sails Friday, 8:00 a.m. sharp," Atley said, looking about the pier. "We'll target all the cars within 45 minutes of here. By the time their alarm tracking systems are activated, the cars will already be in these containers."

The revving of a Ducati motorcycle caught everyone's attention. The cyclist parked and swung off the bike and took off his helmet. A long chestnut braid toppled down and out of it's confinement there in to rest against the man's spine.

Heero nearly smiled, nearly, as he introduced the newcomer. "Fellas, this is Sway."

Duo smiled. "No questions. I'm here for Len." Everyone nodded, some smiling at him.

"Alright," Heero said, looking at his crew. Then turned and walked away.

Duo nodded, "Alright." And followed the other.

Atley made an 'oh great' expression as the two walked off together.




----------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------



Zechs and Noin watched the dealership as Tumbler pulled up in his red '68 Chevy Nova with black racing stripes, California license plate 248-EZP.

Inside, Dekim picked up the phone and hit auto dial. "It's me. He's here."

"'The red Chevy Nova?'" Zechs asked on the other end.

As Tumbler entered the small office, he replied. "That's affirmative, sir."

"'As soon as he leaves, you call me with the owners' addresses, all right?'"

"I'll get those forms right over, sir," Dekim said and hung up the phone. "Damn boss," he said to Tumbler. "Always on my case." He tossed the packet onto the counter.

"I got three here?" Tumbler asked.

"Mm-hmm."

"Thank you," Tumbler said, then left.




--------------------------------------------- -----------------------------------



"Huh, Heero Yuy, Donny Astricky, Howard Halliwell," Zechs rattled off, looking through binoculars at the gathering that night.

"Should I set up some tails?" Noin asked.

"Uh-huh. They're too smart for that," Zechs told her. "They'll just dump the cars. No, we'll get them with the Mercedes." Turning to her, he said, "Let's set up, uh, three surveillance teams at those addresses." Then to himself (actually Heero, who most definitely cannot hear him as he is way far away inside Howard's shop), "You go ahead and make your move, man. And I'll be waiting for you."




--------------------------------------------- -----------------------------------

End Chapter 13: Catching A Thief


Willow -- Please send feedback to the author at: xxacidburnxx_1x2@yahoo.com