Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Gone In 60 Seconds ❯ Chapter 14

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
25 Feb 2001

Type : epic, fusion, AU
Teaser: Legendary car booster Heero Yuy thought he'd left the fast lane behind -- until he is forced out of retirement in a do-or-die effort to save his kid sister from the wrath of an evil monster! But with speed to burn and attitude to spare, Heero hastily re-assembles his old crew and floors it in a full throttle race to pull off the ultimate car heist: 50 exotic beauties in 24 hours -- and the cops are already on to them!
Spoilers : Gone In 60 Seconds 2000 version
Warnings : language
Pairings : 1+2, 3+4, 6+9
Rating : PG-13
Disclaimer : I don't own anything. I am poor... want a nickel?
Feedback : Please please please!!!!
Note: "'...'" indicated radio/phone conversation from a person not 'in' the scene.





Gone In 60 Seconds by Willow
Chapter 14: The Scout


Dory and Wufei watched as Howard finished writing the cars' names on the chalkboard. "Why do you all them girls' names?" Dory asked.

"That's a good question," Wufei said. "Why do you call them girls' names?"

Heero stepped forward. "It's code. You say Jane, you say Shirley, Lucy, Edna, and nobody listening on the waves is the wiser." Heero said, walking around and coming to stop in front of Duo.

"Got'em," Tumbler said, walking up and handing Heero the packet.

Heero patted him on the shoulder. "Alright, we've got the addresses on all 50 ladies. Let's scout'em."




---------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------



"There she is," Tumbler said to Duo, pointing at the hot rod with the white walls and flame job.

"Nice," Duo said, appreciatively.




----------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------



"Damn, it's cold up here! They keep these Ferraris refrigerated?" Wufei ranted to Trowa, who bore it silently. "And you know us China-men don't like cold weather! When this is over, I'm gonna smoke a joint, watch two Jet Li movies and I'm gonna kick your ass."




--------------------------------------------- -----------------------------------



"Hello, and welcome to TV Car Trivia," Donny said into the radio. "First question: Who was the driver of a '73 Firebird? Uh, Howard?"




------------------------------------------ --------------------------------------



"Uh, Jim Rockford, Rockford Files."




------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------



"Give me Columbo," Duo said, snapping a picture of her specified lady.




--------------------------------------------- -----------------------------------



"A Peugeot convertible," Len said.

"'What color?'" Donny replied.

"Grey."




------------------------- -------------------------------------------------------



"How'd you know that?" Wufei asked.

"' 'Cause I love that show,'" Len said.

"I got three words for all of y'all. Get a life!" Wufei said, causing Len to laugh. "Ah, this is some kiddie shit, Sphinx," Wufei said as Trowa checked in on the Ferraris.




----------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------



"What's on Magnum P.I.'s license plate?" Dory asked over the radio.

"'Robin 1,'" Tumbler said.

"'Wait. Wasn't Robin that faggoty guy who hung with him?'" Len asked.




-------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------



"No, that was Higgins," Heero told her. Then into the walkie-talkie, "That was Higgins."




----------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------



"Hey, hey, ten points for our fearless leader," Howard said. "Sway, how 'bout giving us the honor of the Billy Bixby trifecta?"




---------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------



"'He drove a Corvette in The Magician, a Ford pickup truck in The Incredible Hulk, and in The Courtship of Eddie's Father, he walked," Duo said as Dory and Donny scanned the coding for a garage door.

"Bingo," Dory said, looking over at Donny.

"My girl."




-------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------



"'Al, tell me something,'" Zechs said over the radio to one of the surveillance teams.

"Nothin' doing here, sir. Nobody's showing," Al said.




--------------------------------------------- -----------------------------------



"Copy," Zechs sighed.

"Minivan approaching," Noin told him. "It seems a little late for soccer practice."

As the van pulled to a stop four houses down, Zechs spoke. "Heads up. I think we got some activity right here. Oh that is--" he looked with the binoculars. "Looks like it's Len Yuy, and we got a Heero Yuy. If they take this, we will take them down."

"He's pulling something out of his pocket. You see that?" Noin asked.

"It's a camera. Looks like he's just doing some homework. Alright, let's leave him be. I don't wanna burn this. They will be back," he told the teams stationed in that neighborhood as the van drove off. "Huh. You know what? Let's go over to Howard's in the morning. Kick over some rocks, see what's underneath there."




------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------



"We save the best for last," Heero told the three with him. "The '67 Shelby Mustang GT-500. The GT-500?"

"Yeah, yeah," Len said.

"There she is," Heero said, looking at the car. She was as beautiful as he remembered her. Sleek exterior, leather interior, sloping planes, and vuloptuous curves. "Yep, there's Eleanor."

"Eleanor is Heero's unicorn," Donny told Dory.

"What's a unicorn?" she asked.

"Fabled creature. You know, the horse with the horn, impossible to capture," he explained. "It's the one car, no matter how many times you try to boost, something always happens."

They watched as Heero walked over to the car and ran his hand over her shining, glossy finish. "We're gonna get through this this time, right?" he told the car. "It's gonna be smooth...."

"What's he doin'?" Dory asked, confused as to Heero's actions.

".... and easy."

"He's talkin' to her, chick. Tryin' to get reacquainted. Done had a rough history. She almost got him killed a couple of times," Donny explained as the continued to watch the 'reacquaintance.'

"I don't want any talkin' back."

"He flipped one on the Harbor freeway," Donny said.

"He went off Long Beach pier once," Len said.

"A smooth, easy ride. We're just gonna glide," Heero finished with the car. Turning and walking back to the group he said, "Big night tomorrow, guys. Let's go home. Did you- did you get the picture?" he asked Dorothy.

"Yeah," she said.

"See you tomorrow night, Eleanor, with your fine ass," Donny said.

Dory smiled and snapped the photo, then followed the others out of the parking garage.




------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------

End Chapter 14: The Scout


Willow -- Please send feedback to the author at: xxacidburnxx_1x2@yahoo.com