Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Gundam Waltz ❯ The Entrance of Temptation ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Warning: I do not own or am I permitted to use any characters that are licensed to Bandai or its affiliates who own the Gundam franchise.
 
Chapter 1
The Entrance of Temptation
 
The room seemed to spin around her with decadence and flair at the annual Cinque Kingdom soiree. All around were allies old and new sipping at various drinks to celebrate the promise of pacifism within the colonies and the Earth, the colony peoples' real home. The event was yearly committed with their hostess of the past few years Relena Darlian-Peacecraft, who was casually acquainting herself with many of the guests, mostly foreign diplomats and influential figures; but, there were also a few figures that none of these iconoclasts knew. They only knew them by their insignia, their armor, their Gundams. The year is After Colony 202, seven years after new Operation Meteor commenced, six years after the Christmas Eve War commenced and ended, and twenty-two years after the birth of Relena, representative and queen of the Cinque Kingdom.
 
This world of fortune was not meant for soldiers, such as the Gundam pilots, except Quatre Raberba Winner. Their lives were confusing after the war, but they seemingly started to adapt to their new habitats. Duo Maxwell and Hilde Schbeiker sold their junkyard and started to work for the Preventers, except that Hilde was not working there anymore, because of the birth of their son a few months ago. Trowa was back in the circus, with his fateful sister Catherine. Quatre had just recently finished undergraduate studies at a prestigious university, and was now running WEI with the help of his sisters. Wufei works for Preventers with his wife Sally still, even if their daughter is already a bouncy two-year old.
 
But, whatever happened to the perfect soldier that was Heero? He was in Cinque with his fiancé Relena. Many were surprised on how Heero easily adapted to the new environment of peace. Everyday passed by quicker and quicker as he learned more and more about politics from Relena and the people who circulated in and out of the Cinque palace. His life felt slow, but went fast, everyday held new discoveries for him, yet…there would always be that constant anguish that bellowed through him, he could never decipher this sorrow in any way, shape, or form.
 
“Heero, would you like to dance?” Relena requested, offering her perfumed, gloved palm to his stern glare. “Come on, it's a party. You should try to have fun.” Heero shrugged his shoulders in an early defeat and took her hand with his, so to stroll out to the dance floor, where all could watch them perform a solo dance.
 
“Haven't seen you in awhile Trowa.” Duo inquired, while leaning against a wall and sipping a champagne fluke. Hilde wife was home with their son. Hilde wanted Duo to go to this event, for he had not seen some of his old war allies for a year or two, in other words, since the last Cinque soiree. “What you been up to?”
 
“Nothing much, you?” Trowa, with his monotonous expression, responded. He was forced by his sister Catherine to go to this event, even though they had a huge circus performance that night. The life of Trowa Barton, or nanashi, rarely gravitated from the humbleness of circus life. The exciting factors of war did not exist for him anymore. The world just seemed to move at the same pace, with nothing new to do as a result.
 
“Hey you two!” Quatre sounded, in a debonair penguin suit. He was about thirty minutes late to the event, but that was the fate of a man who worked long hours at his father's most prized possession, the Winner Corporation, contrary to his other passion, which was total pacifism. “I got caught up at a meeting in France. But chartered a jet to get here as fast as I could.” Quatre was always the gentleman; he still possessed his blond hair that was present seven years ago, when they first met, and was still the shortest of the Gundam pilots. The war symbolized an entrance to rebellion for Quatre, at the start, but by the end of it all, he had surrendered to conformity.
 
“What the hell were you doing in France?” Duo responded, even though his wife had told him to stop cursing for the baby's sake, he still did it when she was not around.
 
“Oh, I had a stockholder's meeting there. I was surprised at the amount of French I remember from my private tutoring.” Quatre's peered over at a tall, thin leaning figure with long, brown hair. The first war buddy, and friend, he had ever had, Mr. Trowa Barton. “How are you doing Trowa?” He solemnly asked.
 
“Where are the Magnuancs?” Trowa replied, looking in another direction to avoid Quatre's stare.
 
“Some are tending my home in Arabia, and some are guarding my car outside.”
 
“And I thought that there were already a lot of fucking guards.” Duo replied grasping another champagne fluke, for the one night of drinking he can have for the rest of the year. Not being allowed to have even a little bit of liquor, with a roaring baby in the house, was absolute torture.
 
“Well, you can never be too secure.” Replied Sally Po, still the witty women she was many years ago. Many had criticized her marriage to a slightly younger Wufei three years ago, but she knew that her heart was meant for her polar opposite, the scholarly Chinese man Wufei Chang. The both of them now worked at Preventers Headquarters in Hong Kong and also on L5, but spent most of their time in Hong Kong, so that their daughter would have a genuinely Chinese upbringing.
 
“Especially when it comes to kids.” Wufei intruded, with a sleeping daughter in arms. He had grown much since the war, mentally of course, deciding to continue in his studies, since justice was already served. His love for his wife and child made him emulate a glow of sovereignty that many would have doubted, about six years ago. “I'm going to go take her to the hotel. I'll be back soon.” Wufei quickly kissed Sally on the lips and started to exit the ballroom….
 
 
 
 
 
Up on the roof of the Cinque palace, an iniquitous black figure roamed the rooftop inspecting the surroundings. There was aim was simple, the plan was foolproof for a person of its caliber of training. The logarithms were stable, and the captive was in site, the glass part of the ceiling showed the figure was about to make their attack viable….
 
 
 
 
 
“What a beautiful night Heero.” Relena whispered, as she and Heero were dancing on the ballroom floor, on his shoulder, as the classical orchestra was about to end their waltz musical piece. Thus, the waltz ended and all clapped at the end, in their courtesan manner. Then, in no time at all, the music and lights were silenced within the room. Many were confused about the sudden shut down of the chandeliers and various other lights.
 
The assassin, like a predator stalking its prey, circumvented the glass ceiling that housed its target. Once the assassin in black leather and disguised, with a mask, expression spotted its enemy it strapped on a bungee cord and dove through the glass.
 
Glass spread everyplace imaginable, as a figure popped through. The Gundam Pilots were near the center of the chaos and were impaled with nicks and scratches. Quatre was near a falling chandelier, and before the Magnuancs could reach him, Trowa dove in front, scooping the youthful entrepreneur into his arms, and avoiding the danger altogether.
 
Once the allies opened their eyes, and the dust settled, they saw a black, snakelike arm wrapped around Relena's waist and a knife to her throat, held by an indistinguishable black figure. The figure was only an inch taller that Relena, and had a curvy womanly figure.
 
“Are you…”? Trowa asked, but was interrupted by a slightly shaken Quatre.
 
“I'm fine, thanks,” Quatre, responded, feeling jittery after that moment, “Who is she?” At this all the Gundam pilots took out their guns, and pointed it at the infamous woman. The guests were running away screaming, slightly distracting the Gundam pilots and Preventers from their rescue of Relena.
 
The assassin took this cue, dropped a letter, and was lifted by the bungee cord back onto the roof. The Gundam pilots tried to shoot her down, but she was curiously able to evade the massive string of bullets. The women instead got onto the roof and jumped down into one of the top floor hallways, the Muslim Magnuanc Corp, standing in anticipation of her arrival, by master Quatre's orders, met her there.
 
“It's over young lady,” Rasid pronounced to her blocking her path towards the doorway. “Please come with us. We won't hurt you.” The woman did not heed this, pivoted her arms from Abdul's shoulders and did a leapfrog flip into the nearby window, which led to the back gardens.
 
“Rasid, Rasid…Do you here me…Where is the intruder, OVER?” Quatre spoke through the walkie-talkie slouched on Rashid's belt. Rasid and the other Magnuancs looked through the window to find any traces of the woman, which just jumped through the window, and leapt two stories down.
 
“Sorry sir there is no trace of her, but I think she might have leapt into the back gardens. You may find a body their sir, OVER,” Rasid responded, also pondering about who this girl was and how she got past all of the layers of security around the Cinque palace.
 
 
 
The Gundam pilots searched the back garden for the intruder. Pushy hands looking for a weed were ambushing the magnificent prism of flowers and shrubbery. Once the Gundam pilots had finished searching throughout all the flair of the back garden, Heero had unexpectedly hurried himself around everyone so to go into the house.
 
 
 
To be continued…