Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Gundam Waltz ❯ So Much, So Little ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Warning: I do not own or am I permitted to use any characters that are licensed to Bandai or its affiliates who own the Gundam franchise.
 
Chapter 8
So Much, So Little
 
“Quarte you cannot stay in such a hovel such as the New Edwards Base.” Tessa Winner said, cigarette dangling from her gloved finger. She wore a green dress with accessories that reflected the 1950s Asian style of dress. Her stiletto heels looked like they could kill an average man. They rode along in a limousine that did not contrast the rich, San Francisco surroundings. Tessa's blue eyes and blonde hair peaked out from a green beret that had a large diamond and netting in the front to hide her left eye. She was all in all the epitome of a wealthy socialite.
 
“It's fine.” Quatre sighed as her looked out the window. He saw rows of bushes on the side of the drive they were going up. The trees, of course, provided enough shade and sunlight.
 
“Nonsense, you are a Winner and my younger brother, besides father had a home here just for business trips so you shall stay there.” She snapped off some ash from the end of her cigarette before she took another puff.
 
“I think it would be better if….”
 
“I AM YOUR ELDER AND YOU WILL DO WHAT I SAY! UNDERSTAND?” Tessa spitted back at him.
 
“Yes.”
 
“Very good then, well here it is. Is it not exquisite?” They stopped in front of a wide mansion with two floors. They stepped out of the car and Quatre first noticed the utter lack of clutter. The mansion was far away from the city and was just a beautiful structure by itself. Out of the doors came a man with dark features, who was a stark contrast to Tessa and Quatre's light skin.
 
“Hey Quatre haven't seen you in awhile.” The dark-skinned man said to Quatre as they smiled and shook hands.
 
“Two years.” Quatre replied with a smile, partially ignoring his older sister.
 
“Really? Wow, it's been awhile.”
 
“I missed Earth.”
 
“Uh-hem.” Tessa muttered, pretending it was a real cough. “Omar, is it ready yet?”
 
“We only discovered it a week ago!” Omar exclaimed, putting a hand behind his head.
 
“Let us in anyway then.” Omar took the cigarette from Tessa's fingers.
 
“It is dusty.” He dropped the cigarette on the ground. They all went into the house. Light came from dust filled windows. All the furniture, statues, etc. were covered with white clothes. Quatre's eyes were attracted to a winding staircase that led to the second level.
 
“My age is…” She mumbled the rest, “So that means this place has not been touched for about nine and a half years.”
 
“Dad never mentioned this place.” Quatre groaned, still looking up at the staircase
 
“Father did not really have time for us in his short life. He was always a private man, the businessman in him.”
 
“Why did he build it?”
 
“Who knows?” Tessa walked around the first floor looking under some of the white clothes. “Omar! Where are you?”
 
“I called the Quatre's Magnuancs. They said this place'll be done in a week.” Omar called back as he trotted down the stairs.
 
“This place will be done in a week. What kind of influence are you on our son.”
 
“Sorry.”
 
“Anywho, Quatre, you shall stay with us then.” Tessa said with a large smile and a twitch of her hip.
 
“Actually, I already have a place to stay.”
 
“With that boy?”
 
“We decided to end it, since he is only an engineer and I am a pilot.”
 
“I thought you said you would stop this.”
 
“What, the piloting or the other thing?”
 
“I do not care what you do with your personal life as long as it does not harm the Winner Corporation. But to keep on being a soldier risks you being killed.”
 
“Like I won't be killed anyway for being a Winner.”
 
“Iria died being a soldier, so I do not want you to suffer her fate.”
 
“Thank you.”
 
“Whom are you staying with?”
 
There was a honk from outside the building. It belonged to a cavalcade of cars filled with Middle Eastern men.
 
“The Magnuancs know.” Quatre walked out of the mansion and into the middle Magnuanc jeep.
 
“Hello master Quatre.” Rashid said to Quatre while the cars were billowing out of the long drive.
 
“Take me to the Maxwell residence.”
 
“Yes sir.”
 
 
“Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why?” Duo repeated over and over again while he rolled around on the couch. Tears were streaming from his eyes. David clapped his hands and laughed, because he thought it was a game.
 
“Don't be a baby.” Hilde said picking up baby David from the carpet.
 
“That's what I am worried about!” David screamed out, Hilde nearly dropped him. All became silent when they heard a knock on the door.
 
“Hello? I am here.” Hilde and Duo both recognized the voice as Quatre's. Hilde gave Duo an evil glare. She handed Duo the baby. “Hilde? Duo?”
 
Hilde ran up the stairs. Duo did a double take between the stairs and the knocks at the door. Even though he was shirtless, only had pajama pants and a baby in his arm, Duo decided to open the front door.
 
“Hey Quatre” Hilde said, as she strutted down the stairs. Duo just blankly looked at Quatre's smiling face. Hilde was able to gussy her self up within a matter of moments, while Duo did not even make an effort.
 
“Hello Hilde, sorry to be so early.”
 
“It is okay, it's just nine o'clock in the morning.”
 
“My family has a habit of doing things at seven AM.”
 
“So do we!” Hilde let out a fake laugh.
 
“What are you talking about?” Duo mumbled into the baby's ear.
 
“What is that Duo?” Hilde turned her head to give him another evil eye.
 
“Nothing.” Duo placed David into the playpen and sunk his head lower.
 
“Please come in.” Hilde put her fake smile back on.
 
“Thank you.” Quatre said, carrying only three bags.
 
“How long are you staying?” Duo slumped up the stairs.
 
“About a week at this rate, until my father's house is ready.”
 
“House?”
 
“After my sister and her husband moved here, they discovered my father built a house here but never used it. So they decided to leave it alone and may be sell it but I convinced them to not sell it.”
 
“Why not?” Quatre sat their modest table. Hilde poured him a cup of coffee.
 
“Sentiment I guessed, and Iria always wanted to live on Earth, so we saved it for her.”
 
“Why didn't you use it during the New Edwards Base campaign seven years ago? Am I asking too many questions?”
 
“Not at all, you're kind of like Duo in that regard. It would be easy to find me and kill me in that location. It is a mansion; of course, it just needs some repair now. The Magnuancs are doing that.”
 
 
A shovel came down on the solid ground of an empty swimming pool. White shards glistened in the sun as the shot out from many directions. One of these shards hit the knee of the shovel-bearer.
 
“Why aren't you helping” Jagger called out to the top of the pool. Maria stood there, peering through heavy-set binoculars.
 
“I am look out.” Maria replies, not giving emotion.
 
“Bullshit” Jagger jumped out of the pool, grimacing a bit at his wounded knee, “There is no one here. I don't even know where we are.”
 
Maria took out her gun in a flash and shot at a bush. A girl with blonde hair, sunglasses and a white cap jumped from the bush into the tree. Rïska jumped from the tree to the ground and held up her hands.
 
“State your name” Maria sternly declared.
 
“Rïska Shlovenik.” She replied.
 
“Age?”
 
“Do we really have to do this?” Maria shot at her feet, Rïska let out a whimper. “Sixteen, just like you.”
 
“Descent?”
 
“Russian!”
 
“You're good.”
 
“Geez, do we really have to do this every single time. You could have killed me, not to mention lose a precious teammate.”
 
“Everything and everyone is replaceable. Security measure.”
 
“Security measure my ass” Rïska slid off her shades to reveal emerald eyes. She was wearing suspenders with a short, white t-shirt, tight blue jeans, and white tennis shoes.
 
“I heard about your `pit stop' on the radio we found in this piece of shit.” Jagger spoke to Rïska while pointing a thumb at the house.
 
“It went off well, except for that hag Une.” Rïska replied setting down her stuff on a pool chair. “What country is this.”
 
“Cannot say, neither can Maria apparently.”
 
“Red Star'll know and they'll send them over. You're dad is tricky like that.”
 
“Yeah yeah.” Jagger and Rïska both sat on the lawn chair that held her duffle. They looked out to the setting sun. Maria was looking at the truck with a large red star in the front.
 
 
“Catherine, listen, I will be here for awhile. If you need me, call the number the army gave you and then press 333. Bye.” Trowa Barton set the phone back down on the receiver. Up the stairs, the sounds of Duo and Hilde were nearly audible. Duo also forgot to tell Hilde that Trowa was also staying at their residence until he could find another place to stay, wherever that would be.
 
He walked over to the pull out couch that he and Quatre will be sharing for about a week. Quatre sat on the bed reading over a work-related file. His glasses slid further down his nose. His drowsiness distracted him from this annoyance.
 
“How is your sister?” Quatre asked. Trowa caught himself looking at Quatre's pink lips. Quatre took of the glasses and kept on staring at Trowa, who was quite red.
 
“Fine, she is asleep now.” Trowa replied. He decided to look out the window to hide his embarrassment.
 
“That's good.” Quatre slid the file back into the briefcase that was peering out from under the coffee table.
 
“How's the one who lives here.”
 
“Just fine. It was nice to see her.”
 
“Hun.” Trowa decided sleep was the best solution to their long day. He took off his shirt on the side of the bed. Quatre glared at the perfect composition of his chest. His eyes followed Trowa as he went under the covers of the pullout.
 
“Night.” Trowa said facing away from Quatre.
 
“Sweet dreams.”
 
Quatre lied down only to be met with Trowa's dark green eyes. Quatre's blue eyes dilated at this stare. It was raw, unfiltered and felt like the stares that he only dreamed about. They stared at each other for millennia.
 
“I'm cold.” Trowa whispered.
 
“Your shirt is right next to you.” Quatre responded, his voice twittering.
 
“It's far.”
 
“Lazy.” Quatre smiled. The smile that was on both their faces soon faded.
 
Their eyes ceased their staring contest and closed. They moved closer to each other. Quatre put his right leg over Trowa's spread legs, tangling them. Heartbeats were the only sounds that could be heard. His hand glided over Quatre's covered shoulder he tingled at this sensation. Quatre put a hand against his chest. Lips spread, eyes shut, legs intertwined, phone buzzed on the table. Quatre immediately got up.
 
“Hello?” Quatre untwined their legs. Trowa became eyes wider than usual and his body made an awkward twitch. “Why yes? How is she? Great! I haven't seen her in five days. Unhun, that is great thank you. Who will bring her over? Okay, I will meet him at the airport in nine days. Thank you sweetie, goodbye.”
 
Trowa did not even think to ask who the `her' was in his quick conversation. All he knew was that Quatre had a conversation, hung up the phone, turned off the light, and went straight to sleep face pointing away from him.
 
 
“Tomorrow morning I will meet her at the terminal. Alright, goodnight General.” Relena hung up the phone for the last time that night. She was taken to New Edwards Base in complete secrecy. Still a bit jittered from the attack, but Relena still knew that she had an obligation to her cause, pacifism, and to remain strong through her difficulties. She opened her office door to catch Heero, still fully dressed, staring out at the planes broken in the airfield lot. He also looked to the large moon that lighted his face. Relena came up behind him and hugged his shoulders. He did not respond, so Relena whispered something into his ears. She walked away into a darkness that the moon did not light. She went into the room. The last sounds Heero heard was the sound of Relena's footsteps and her shutting the door.
 
 
“Where you going?” Wufei slavishly said as he woke from a deep sleep.
 
“Just out, be back later.” Sally said back as she buttoned up her trench coat.
 
“Bye, bye, get me a cow.” Wufei grabbed her pillow and fell back asleep.
 
Sally Po trotted outside in the early morning air and began walking to the New Edwards Base, which was a mile away. She knew that she would have to dispel this secret some time.