Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Gundam Waltz ❯ We Are Seven ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Warning: I do not own or am I permitted to use any characters that are licensed to Bandai or its affiliates who own the Gundam franchise.
 
Chapter 7
We are Seven
 
A pool outside of a mansion of weeds and vines was once full of clear blue water, but now was full of the dirt and the grime of age. The mansion had been abandoned for about ten years to this date. Inside a thin white cloth or the sticky cobwebs of dead spiders covered the fanciful furniture. A field of green, secluded from civilization, surrounded the mansion.
 
A foot hit the already slipshod door, forcing it to crash to the ground. The crash sifted the dust on the ground into minute piles, the piles smelled of a lack of humanity. The foot belonged to a seventeen-year-old boy who was tall in stature and had the dirty blonde hair of a masculine caricature. He surveyed the distressed surroundings and found the furniture to be intact. He began to remove and clean the mansions innards with meticulous detail.
 
He walked outside to see the dirt filled pool and looked out towards a bird singing on a lowered tree branch. The air smelled of moisture and the bird flew away with the next impending breeze. A book inside the house was opened, its pages, filled with old forgotten poems, and flipped with the gust.
 
>Ring. < A cell phone rang on the boy's hip.
 
“Jagger, is it empty, is it ready?” The voice on the other end said with a quick intent.
 
“Yes, come immediately” Jagger responded to Maria. Both possessed the speaking qualities of robots. They talked this way so people out would not trace them to get them. It was about an hour until a large truck came towards the mansion. Jagger stood outside with his hands in his khaki pants, his partially buttoned up black shirt swaying with the constant breeze. Maria opened the door of the large truck and jumped down from its higher position with spy-like precision.
 
Maria wore short brown hair, a tight white shirt, jean shorts and white shoes. She looked vacant as she began to bring in boxes of food to the weedy mansion. John also grabbed some boxes and took a peek under the tarp on the truck, seeing shiny metal peering back at him. Maria surveyed the mansion and began to take careful inspection of the surrounding areas. Jagger always wondered how she could be more precise.
 
“I thought Rïska was with you.” Jagger spoke to Maria, breaking up the monotonous silence. Maria propped her head up to catch Jagger's eye.
 
“She had to make a pit stop, so she took a plane to America and detonated a bomb.” Maria said with simplicity as if things like this were commonplace for her. Maria was practically the perfect soldier; all her emotions were at a distant of a trillion miles, her movements were precise and well done; she was stealth, beautiful, which made her a self-imposed outcast.
 
Jagger overheard the sound of the car radio blasting the news report about Rïska's endeavors in New York. There was confusion echoed within Ria Doomsira's voice, as she did not know what exactly was occurring at the scene. Jagger was stunned by the calm composure that Maria exuded.
 
 
 
Everyone crowded around the lone television set near the coffee pot. The Gundam pilots, who onlookers did not recognize them as the Gundam pilots, were insignificant among the many soldiers who crowded around the single image of a blood soaked imprint of a star, which had foreign writing in the middle.
 
“Ñокр Ñемь” was the two words that were complacent in the center of the red star. The phrase flashed across the screen; it was the only image that was showed on the screen. Heero Yuy, Duo Maxwell, Trowa Barton, Quatre Raberba Winner, and Wufei Chang, the original five Gundam pilots, knew that the peace that they had worked so hard to attain and maintain was now being shattered in the blink of an eye, and a flash of the camera.
 
 
“It literally says `we seven,' in Russian, but translated into the English language means `we are seven.'” The New Edwards Base translator said to the diplomats gathered in the clandestine meeting room, away from the hustle and bustle of the soldiers and others who could disturb them. After she left, the only people who sat in there at this point were the five former Gundam pilots, the just arrived Lady Une, Milliardo Peacecraft, and Lieutenant Lucrezia Noin. They all sat there together, for the first time ever, in complete silence.
 
All of them thought meeting like this would cease in 196 AC, but now six year later they were once again together for the wrong reasons. They seemed to only gravitate together during unexpectant crises, like Relena's assassination attempt a mere four days ago. They used to be enemies, but now, in a time of confusion, they needed to become at least platonic allies.
 
 
 
Hilde worked furiously in a quaint kitchen, stirring various things at once as her son David cried in the background. Duo had called and told her about twenty minutes ago that he was coming over with the people at the previous meeting hall for dinner at 6:30 P.M., it was now 6:00 P.M. Hilde knew of the attacks that happened earlier that day, and how frazzled they were about it, but Hilde still thought it was rude of Duo to call her to cook dinner on such short notice. Hilde had somehow got used to Duo's impulsivity.
 
“Why does Daddy always have to do this to mommy?” Hilde cried in agony. She began to spout out German curse words, while cradling David, stirring a batter, and simmering something on the stove. Ten minutes later, Hilde sat on the couch, a cigarette floating between her lips, The table all prepared for many people and the room was filled with David's giggles.
 
Duo strode into the room, a look of death in his eyes.
 
“Where is everyone?” Hilde asked, raising her brows to meet Duo.
 
“They were too tired to be entertained tonight.” Duo responded walking towards the closet. A knife slammed into the wall, nearly hitting his face. With his frightened expression, he looked over to Hilde to see she remained in the same position.
 
“I'm pregnant again.”
 
Duo fainted.
 
 
 
“My father is dead. The lunar colonies are in dispute. We have no choice. My father told me to become Peace Minister of the Moon Colonies when he left for Earth. I now know why he told me this. He knew that my father, the great Phineaus J would want his last living relative, me, to take over the role of peace. Even though I am young, I know what peace is, and in these times, anyone should be able to identify peace.” Her name was Alexia J, she was fourteen years and she just announced to a council of world and colony leaders that she was self-appointed leader of peace.
 
 
 
Lady Une constantly looked at the report on the terrifying incident she just witnessed.
 
“Seven? Seven of what? Who are we?” Lady Une spoke to herself in her study. She locked herself in there once the report had reached her hands. That was about twelve hours ago. The phone had rung many times during that period; Lady Une ignored all of them. Some were from diplomats, royalty, Gundam pilots, Mariemaia.
 
The meeting earlier that day seemed pointless to her; they just went over the events that already occurred. She left early.
 
She leaned against the desk and looked at her small bookshelf. Her eye was attracted to a collection of William Wordsworth poems. Lady Une nearly dropped the book when she turned to a certain page. She irreversible trembled. She slammed open the door, startling her sleeping male secretary.
 
“Call Sally Po NOW!”
 
“Yes Ma'am.”
 
“Hello?” Sally sleepily answered. It was around 4 AM when Lady Une called. Wufei was still asleep next to her, a snot bubble foaming from his nose.
 
“This is Lady Une.” She firmly spoke.
 
“What time is it?” Sally rubbed her eyes with her available hands. “Some people have things to do.”
 
“Listen carefully.”
 
“I'm listening.” The snot bubble from Wufei's nose popped.
 
“Did you work on Project WW 7?”
 
Sally's eyes became wider. “Yes.”
 
“Meet me at New Edwards Base at 2 AM tomorrow.”
 
“Tell no one?”
 
“Yes.”
 
They both hung up.
 
 
To be continued….
 
WHAT I UPDATED?