Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ If Tommorow Never Comes ❯ The Change ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Disclaimer: I do not own Bandai or Capitol Records plain and simple

The Change by vegitoth; Song by Garth Brooks

On a warm summer day after Heero and Relena's wedding, they caved in and lived happily in the Sanq Kingdom, they were also parents of a beautiful baby named Joshua Yuy and he was a boy who closely resemble his own father. Heero enjoyed being his father and with Relena as his wife he was a better man but with a child of his own, his own life changed for the better. With a quiet moment at home, Heero was sitting in his favorite chair reading The Bible no longer wanting to be a soldier or a preventor anymore because the blood on his own hands couldn't be washed off unless by forgiveness from God. But while reading the book, he heard the baby crying from the nursery and he instantly went to the room in order to comfort him. The baby hushed his cries and cooed once he saw him. Relena also heard the baby and instantly came to the room with a worried look on her face which was soon washed away by the sight of her husband holding the infant. Seeing the wonderful wife before him, Heero motioned Relena to come into the room to which she did for she wanted to sing a lullaby to her son. Walking over to the stereo, Heero pressed the play button to start the CD in the system, and selected a track number to play. Relena walked over to the mobile and winded up the music which ironically played the same song on the stereo. Coming close to her husband and son, they sung along to the song as it was about to begin.

//One hand
Reaches out
And pulls a lost soul from harm
While a thousand more go unspoken for
They say what good have you done
By saving just this one
It's like whispering a prayer
In the fury of a storm

And I hear them saying you'll never change things
And no matter what you do it's still the same thing
But it's not the world that I am changing
I do this so this world will know
That it will not change me

This heart
Still believes
The love and mercy still exist
While all the hatred rage and so many say
That love is all but pointless in madness such as this
It's like trying to stop a fire
With the moisture from a kiss

And I hear them saying you'll never change things
And no matter what you do it's still the same thing
But it's not the world that I am changing
I do this so this world will know
That it will not change me

As long as one heart still holds on
Then hope is never really gone

I hear them saying you'll never change things
And no matter what you do it's still the same thing
But it's not the world that I am changing
I do this so this world we know
Never changes me

What I do is so
This world will know
That it will not change me//

Shortly after the song was done, Heero put his son back on the crib, kissed him on the forehead, and left the nursery. After leaving the nursery Heero turned away from the door and gazed at his lover and asked, "Have I ever told you that you have a nice voice?"

"No, but I'm very glad that you told me, my love." Relena kissed her husband with a passion and need she held ever since coming home with the baby.

--------------------------
I would like to dedicate this fic to all of my family because I love them very much and to tell everyone that I enjoy being their son, nephew, and cousin of both sides of my family.