Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Secret Society ❯ A New Leader ( Chapter 11 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Part 12- A New Leader

"I'll make it to the Lunar Tower. I have to," thinks Relena as she slices through a Griffon with her Gundam, Phoenixflame. "May God forgive my soul. I don't want anyone to die, especially at my hands. But, in order for there to be peace, some must be sacrificed."

She touches down on the rock planet and fights her way past three more Griffons. She quickly jumps out of her Gundam and proceeds down the corridors in search of Dorothy.

"Hold it right there, Relena Darlain." A figure steps out from the shadows dressed in a black suit with cape and a silver sash. A pistol pointed in her direction, Relena acknowledges her surrender by putting her hands in the air. "Queen Herania would like to see you."

***

"How nice to see you again, Miss Relena," Dorothy says smugly. "I hope General Charsen did not mishandle you in any way."

"Why are you doing this Dorothy? I thought you wanted peace as much I did. But, most of all I thought you were my friend," utters Relena.

"Patience, Miss Relena. All the answers will be revealed in due time. For now, I want you to watch the splendid battle that is erupting."

"You have to stop this right now, Dorothy. Precious lives will be lost if this goes on much longer. I won't allow this to go anymore." Relena pulls out a pistol from behind her back, ready to pull the trigger at any moment.

But, the quick reaction of General Charsen counteracts Relena's attack. Charsen manages to separate Relena from her gun and hit Relena firmly in the stomach.

As Relena regains her poise, Dorothy says, "Please don't try anything else. I wouldn't want you to be chained and locked up. Now let's watch the battle."

***

"If something doesn't happen soon, they are going to catch onto our plan," Duo says.

"But, we can't destroy Zechs. He's the only thing standing between the Amazons and Earth," says Quatre.

Meanwhile, Chasen watches and says, "Those Gundams are up to something. They are taking too long. I think they need some encouragement." Charsen pulls out the collar control and sets it on all five boys.

They all shout out in agony. "What's wrong?" asks Zechs.

"I think they caught on," says Duo.

"All right. Then, destroy me," says Zechs.

"What?!" they all say.

"My Gundam has an escape pod. I'll return to Earth and come back to fight. We still have a chance with Relena."

"Ok then. Get ready to escape," says Duo. Duo hits the front of Epyon II with his scythe and watches as a small capsule flies off just before the Gundam explodes.

***

"How are you both doing?" questions Lucrezia.

"I'm fine," replies Sally.

"I'm holding out. But, I don't think I can keep this up much longer. I must have destroyed more than fifty Griffons and they just keep coming like pesky bugs," says Lady Une as a laser blast contacts with her suit.

"I know what you mean," says Lucrezia as she stabs through a Griffon with her florescent orange beam saber. "All this fighting is wearing me down. They'll soon get the best of me."

"We can't give up, not yet. Too much is riding on this mission. Relena still has thirty minutes left. We just have to wait," says Sally.

"Waiting is going to get a whole lot harder. Look. The Gundams are heading this way."

***

"I can't take this anymore," shouts Relena. "Either kill me or let me go."

"Please calm yourself, Miss Relena. I won't do either. But, I will answer your question about why I am doing this. The Earth Sphere Unified Nation has been in effect for two years now and the peaceful world has disposed of all weapons. But, do you see all the mobile suits out there fighting? We have been assembling them since the end of the war. How many other groups have been producing their own mobile suits and weapons? Look at Mariemaia. It took her only one year to gain enough power to attack the Earth Sphere. How long before another leader can attain that much strength? People will always have the will to fight. People will always be greedy for more power. As long as people feel this way, there can be no peace. Do you see those mobile suits now? Those Griffons represent all of man's evils. As long as they exist, we can never have peace."

"Are you trying to say that mankind will never be able to attain peace no matter how much we try?" says Relena.

"Not exactly. We can gain global peace, but there are people out there that don't share your views. There will always be a few who will retaliate. You have been naive, Miss Relena. Your dreams of perfect peace is just that, a dream. No one can reach a perfect peace, not without any means of enforcement."

"What are you trying to say?"

"The only way to keep the peace, is to enforce it through the use of weapons and mobile suits. You need a military base. If anyone tries to attack, you will have reinforcements on your side to hold them back. This is why I staged this war."

"Are you saying you never wanted anyone to get hurt? You only wanted me to create a military base?"

"Yes."

"Then why didn't you just suggest it to me? You could have saved many lives and trouble that way."

"You never listened to my proposals and the people would not have accepted the reestablishment of artillery. I wanted the people to see for themselves that no one can stop wars from happening. It's a never ending cycle that we must accept. The way you run the government must be altered. You must protect the people, and the only way you can do that is through military power."

"I understand. But I still don't forgive you. There are other ways of persuasion."

"But, none that would be as convincing. In any case, General Charsen, call off the attack."

"You can't be serious, your majesty," cries Charsen.

"Do it now. I will have no more blood on my hands."

"But, all the planning, all the training for nothing... I won't allow it," the general says as she pulls out a gun. "You promised that there would be a new government that will work to the advantage to the Amazons."

"There will be a new government, General Charsen. We will just alter the old one to make a new one that will benefit everyone including the Amazons. Peace is what I've been aiming at this whole time. We already had peace, but keeping it was the problem."

"I don't believe you. This is all your fault Relena Darlain," she cries as she fires her gun at her.

"No!" shouts Dorothy as she pushes Relena out of the way and takes the bullet for her.

"It serves you right, Dorothy. You don't deserve to be Queen any longer. I will be taking over your job," laughs Charsen.

Lying in Relena's arms, Dorothy mutters, "It's not supposed to end like this. I won't let you destroy the Earth Sphere." Dorothy then presses a button on the collar control. "The Gundams are free to take you down," she finishes as she falls unconscious.

"Watch over the prisoners, Lieutenant Sai Mee. The rest of you get to your suits. I'm going to finish the job myself," says Charsen.