Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Shinigami's Stage; Behind the Jester's Mask ❯ Chapter five ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Date posted: Thursday, October 07, 2004
Pairings: 1x2 :: 3x4 :: 5x? Surprise.


Shinigami's Stage: Behind the Jester's Mask
By: Mira Watanabe


:.: Chapter Five :.:
Day ONE of the Reunion:

Wednesday, May 26, AC 201

………………………̷ 0;……………….
When shall we all meet again?

When shall we all meet again?
When shall we all meet again?
Oft shall glowing hope expire,
Oft shall wearied love retire,
Oft shall death and sorrow reign,
Ere we all shall meet again.

Though in distant lands we sigh,
Parched beneath a hostile sky;
Though the deep between us rolls,
Friendship shall unite our souls.
Still in Fancy's rich domain
Oft shall we all meet again.

When the dreams of life are fled,
When its wasted lamps are dead;
When in cold oblivion's shade,
Beauty, power, and fame are laid;
Where immortal spirits reign,
There shall we all meet again.
………………………& #8230;……………….

Duo was stunningly beautiful, in a guy sort of way, not that anyone was about to tell him that anyway and risk their life. He had his hair pilled high into a messy bun - which surprised them since they never seen his hair in anything but a braid. He has a light blue bandana on to keep his hair out of his eyes. The lavender shirt and black-dimi pants were a casual set .

His smile was genuine, "Hey guys! Long time no see! I hope Solo didn't give you too much trouble. He can be a basket case more often than not."

Solo gave a muffled "hey" from behind his second shrimp. The said shrimp hanged, comically, half way out his mouth - tail end out -as he playfully glared at the back of Duo's head.

"Solo, you still another shrimp and I'll hit with this wooden spoon," Duo didn't even look back as he gave his threat. He didn't need to; his tone said it all.

The green eyed man moved cautiously away, eyeing the spoon held loosely in Duo's right hand. Stepping over Tails, he made his way to the other side of the island, making the countertop his only defense.

Chi squealed happily, squishing apple sauce threw her chubby little fingers, before stuffing all ten of them into her mouth.

Duo rolled his eyes and whined, "Chi."

Solo was already out the door to the foyer and stairs. This didn't go past anyone. "Coward!" Duo yelled after him as he bolted away.

"And proud of it," came his reply.

Duo looked at his old comrades, sorriedly, "You better sit down. This is going to take a while." He pointed across the bar to a round table with five chairs in a small nook between the Kitchen and Living room.

Duo laughed nervously, his free hand behind his head and the other griping the Kitchen utensil, "Try to ignore the mess. It's just a few of my books."

Wufei picked up one of the books and read the title, "Poetry?" He looked a Duo, "When have you started this hobby? Or have you been secretly hiding it from us?" He indicated the some fifteen books of poems.

Duo blushed, mumbling to low for them to hear, before turning back to Chi.

"Need any help?" Cathy offered, about to take a seat between her brother and 'Fei.

"Nah, happens all the time," he motioned her back down to the chair.

After turning the stove off, he removed the gooey bowl from the sink and started the fill the tube up with nook-warm water. Then he retrieved a small bucket of Hanson's baby shampoo and soap from under the sink. Indeed this has happened a lot.

He fiddled with the rubber ducky highchair and removed the baby tray. He pulled the matching blue sundress up over her head and tried to get the dipper off. Chi laughed and kicked and wiggled and apparently thought this was a game. Poor Duo.

"Chi. Stop. Moving!" He grounded out, trying to catch the velcrow to the dippy. After a few minutes of struggling, and many failed attempts, he got it off with a triumph, "Ah-ha!"

Chi pouted her defeat and pulled a foot to her mouth and sucked on her big toe.

Picking her up from under her armpits, he gently set her down into the water.

A few snickers came from the audience, who had a perfect view of his struggles from across the bar, "Yeah, keep laughing, but next time you can give her a bath,"

Chi giggled and splash some water. Duo shook his finger at her and turned off the water.

Grabbing a baby safe cloth from the basin where all the baby bath supplies laid, he proceeded to clean the sticky Chi.

"How old is she?"

Duo looked at Iran and smiled, " Two years and three months."

"Is she yours?" The sandy bland girl was extremely interested, in her own way.

Duo laughed, "Yes."

"So," Iran smiled coyly, leaning forward, "who's the mother?"

Duo's smile was a mysterious, concealing, and perhaps, deceiving. With a little laughter thrown in. If Solo saw it, he would have been proud.

"She has no mother," he whispered, squeezing some baby shampoo on his palm and put it on Chi's fluff of Carmel colored hair. "Any way, I have more than enough kids to handle."

"Wait. You have more?!" Wufei looked shocked. Actually they all looked pretty shocked, even Heero.

Duo laughed, "Yep. Chi and her twin brothers, Sam and Eric. Then there are the five orphanages I run. Man, you should see it when we take all the kids out. Dis-as-ter." He laughed, taking out the sprayer from the side of the falsest and carefully rinsed Chi's hair while she ate the other washcloth, clean and white.

"How old are your boys?" this coming from Quatre.

"Eleven, and they are both in seventh grade, skipped a year or two."

"Do we get to meet them?" You could hear the pure eagerness in his voice.

Duo laughed for the millionth time that day, "What is this? The question game? An interrogation?" he gave them a suspicious look with the last one, but was still smiling, "Of curse you get to meet them." He looked to the clock behind him, "They should be here around 11:45." His voice held a little doubt, like he was expecting something to come up. It was now 11:35; there was nothing to start to worry about now. He drained the water, took the baby out, and wrapped her in a white towel like a burrito.

Chi laughed merrily, biting her towel and pushing Duo's hand away.

"Harold," he yelled across the room, "Could you get me Chi's clothes?"

A grumble and some shifting was hear from behind the long couch, one that separated that "great room" from the nook in half like a wall.

A hand popped up and grabbed the back of the couch, using it as leverage to get up. Dropping a quilt over the make shift bed, Harold got up and wobbled sleepily to the entertainment center located in left corner. He picked up the baby bag and went over to Duo. He was half dressed, donning only a nice pair of satin boxers, black. Silk was too hard to clean. His hair was a golden brown color, shoulder length, and mussed from sleep. His body was… was, well, the best damn thing known to man - lean, tight cords of muscles. He was magnificent, even as he slouched with half closed, sleepy eyes.

Chi squealed with her arms thrown out to him, and her hands opening and closing. Duo had got the new dipper on her by then due to her distractions.

"Harry, Harry. Duks, Duks!" she slurred excitedly, trying to tell him of the new game she was playing, "Harry!"

Duo sighed and Harry smiled at her, "Chi, be nice to daddy," he said with a voice laced with sleep as he gave Duo the new dress. His progress was 100 percent easier.

"Oh sorry guys. I would like you to met Harold Thomson," Duo laughed nervously, picking up Chi who still and her arms thrown out to Harry," Harry, meet the guys."

Harry yawned before giving them a sleepy wave. The other's said their hellos back.

"Daddy, Daddy, down," Chi wined, "Down."

Duo did as the girl bid and sat her down on the floor. She walked away on wobbly legs, all the way around the bar, out of his view. Trowa smiled down at her as she gave him big innocent eyes.

Chi giggled, turning a cute pink, and tottered to the person closest to her. Heero.

Heero looked down at her when she grabbed his arm, startled from some deep thought. She smile and threw her arms up, asking silently to be picked up. He did and sat her on his lap. She giggled some more and kissed him on the lips with her baby, wet ones. Heero blinked before smiling.

Duo and Heero chuckled. Harry shook his head, "Watch out, she's getting to be a lot like Solo, Duks."

Duo tossed his head backwards and gave one of is rare laughs, one made when he got a good surprise, "Oh God, help us!" That got a laugh out of Harry.

A few pleasant minutes later, after calming down a bit, their laughter still hung in the hair. Shaking his head, Duo went to his negated meal, "Really, you'd think one was more than enough."

Harry went strait for the espresso, laughing a little and still drowsy from sleep, "Hell yeah, more than enough."

"By the way. You might what to put a T-shirt on, Harry."

Harry looked down his bare chest and short boxers, "Why?"

"Solo's home."

He paled, "Shit!" He paled some more as if he, finally, fully understood what Duo was hinting at, "Shitshitshitshit…" He ran out to the right hall, away from the great room, to where the laundry room and extra bathroom laid, leaving everyone in the dust. He was most defiantly awake now.

Duo look over to his friends where Chi was trying to steal Heero's nose. He smile innocently, "Solo doesn't like Harry much."

Just then the front door opened and closed.

"We're home!!" came a cheerful chorus, "Dad? Yo Dad, you'll never believe this!"

"I beg to differ," he muttered. Out loud, "I'm back here kids."

Two boys went to the great room, to big to be a mere living room. The six new guest who had never meet either Sam or Eric, couldn't help but stair at them. They both stood a few inches shy of four feet. They both had the same facial features, but that wasn't what caused them to stair dumbstruck, for both identical boys had candy apple red hair and dazzling hazel eyes.

"Group. I would like to introduce my two sons, Sam and Eric." Sam waved madly and Eric simply nodded.

Sam's bright red hair was highlighted yellowish orange, doubled in length compared to his brother. His navy colored uniform proclaiming Willow Wood Jr. High on the school crest - a simple shield with the roman crown of leaves, a delicate U shape, raped around the bottom half - on his only pocket on his left side.

Sam's medium blue neck tie was undone and lopsided, and his brown briefcase was - to put it lightly - a beat up piece of crap.

Eric was his polar opposite. Uniform pressed with absolutely no wrinkles, serving the half day and looking way better than Sam's "I-found-it-in-the-bottom-of-some-pile-or-another." His tie was strait and actually tied, back briefcase was bran new looking, and his hair low-lighted a distinct black, four inches long.

"Eric," Sam snickered, nudging his twin in the ribs with his elbow, "look, fresh meat."

Eric smirked. Sam whispered, "How long do you think they will last?"

Duo gave the boys 'the look.'

"Aww!" Sam wined, interrupting an upcoming lecture, "I know, I know. You tried everything in the book on them, blah blah blah, and they know just about everything there is to know, and how to look for, tricks, gags, and traps. Blah." He rolled his eyes, and gave an evil shit-eat grin, "What I meant to ask is. How long will they last with 'The Fam' here?"

Duo turned an interesting pale color.

Eric grumble in a low voice, "they're not that bad." Sam gave him a look and Eric chocked down something. A laugh? Covering up whatever it was, Eric when to give his father a welcome home hug.

"So ho was school?" It was the typical saying from parent to child, and the normal response was fine, nothing else. Not in this family, especially on the last day of school.

Eric smirked evilly, a sure sign of doom, but it was Sam who exploded, "Aw man! You should have been there! It was the greatest way to end the year! Ya know Mrs. Patrick the Ice Queen O-mega?"

Of course he did. She was the one that always sent they boys to the principals office from their unique hair coloring to their anything but practical jokes and traps. She was the one to always yell like a banshee about every little thing they did, watching like a hank, and then scream about the abomination for such kids to be summated to the all boys private school. If you hadn't figured it out by now, she was the one who was currently trying to get them kicked out as far as out of the state. Too bad they rank so high in grades that the school needed them, and refused to give them up.

"Well she had one too many sticks up her posterior if you ask us, so we decided to, lets say, "defrost" her the best way we know how."

Duo laughed, happy to hear the old hag finally got what she deserved, "Ou, do tell."

"I'll do better. Ready Eric?" He got a nod and they moved to a barstool Eric sat, taking out his laptop, and Sam stool excitedly behind him. Duo moved forward, out of the kitchen, to lean on the door frame. One of those door frames that weren't meant for a door, just a whole in the wall deal.

All watched as the quieter of the twins rapidly type a series of commands. It wasn't too long after he started that the back door, right behind the guest, and a flap sound of the doggy door opening.

Like one movement in a crappy horror movie, the five ex-gundam pilots and two girls turned around. All eyes looked down, and down, and down… and down. And there, standing at one and half feet, a forest green, miniature toy… Mobil Suit.


End Chapter: To Be Continued.


.

Annoying Author's Notes:

Kawaii!! I love you Chi!

Okay here we go;

First thing.) Quatre's Sister. I don't know is she Iran or Iria? I also had a friend tell me she died during the war in the show/movie. I don't know if this is true. (sigh) Great. I don't even know what she looks like. If I could get some info on; a.) how and why she died, and b.) what she looked like. A picture please, I won't believe you otherwise with out proof.

Second thing.) What did you think of Sam and Eric?! C'mon guys! I've worked hard on them! I'll tell you how I got inspired for them. I read, "The Lord of the Flies," and took the names of the two boys, just the names, and made their whole character up. Shit that was a pain. Oh well, a challenge is fun. Or I keep saying that to myself.

Third thing.) Sorry for putting up another Mask poem right after the last one. It was given to me by a friend so it is original, Do not steal!!! It is copywriten and legally hers. I have a few more, "me and me,""Me vs. me," poems to put up, but the next one isn't going to be them. It going to be my favorite one though. Second favorite. I'll put my fav in the chapter after that… maybe. It's very good and very sassy. I think I'll have Duo read it aloud. Don't know.

Coming up next: It just gets weirder and weirder; nothing can be as strange as this. Then meet Blake, a Frenchy, and Shinron, the Chinese man. Ah, but this is only their last names, for the surprise lays in the rest.

Fourth thing.) Please Review! I was really disappointed on what I got for the last chapter. So I'll make a set mark, if you don't meet HIGHER than the mark, then you'll just have to keep waiting for your update. (grins evilly)