Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Shinigami's Stage; Behind the Jester's Mask ❯ Chapter seven ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Date posted: Saturday, October 16, 2004
Chapter warnings: Extreme funniness and language. A lot of cuss words a head.
Pairings: 1x2 :: 3x4 :: 5x? Still a surprise.


Important:

O.O …………..

Damn, give you guys some kinda goal and you sure go and beat it. I, what, put the last chapter up a few days ago and now I have to go an type up the next one… I'm so happy! :)

I like all the reviews, but all I keep hearing is, "You introduced waaaaaaaay to many characters…." Oh well its better than the two word review, "Update NOW!"

Okay about the many characters. You really don't need to know all of them. Just Solo and his fiancés, Sam n' Eric (just keep them in mind), and Chi. The other's are just color to the canvas. They come, they go, they're unimportant. Yeah, I know, most of you only want the Gundam Wing people in the story, but the plot just wouldn't work out right.

Yes there is a plot. No I didn't stray from it. Maybe from the original plot, but not the one I made just after that. An idea popped up, I like it, I changed it. That's how these things go sometimes. Also, please remember that this is my first Gundam Wing fan fiction and that I have been planning it out for months. I know where I want everything to go.

As I said before, this is a long story. Things will get confusing, please bare with me. Just ask me questions, and I'll do the best I can to answer them without spoiling the great ending.

Another thing, Solo's plan doesn't get answered to the end. The name Nataku has no specific meaning, only a purpose. I won't tell you what. It comes in a later chapter. Much later.

These next few chapters will answer most of your questions, and I hope, help a lot of you who are confused on what's going on.

I need to change the summery. Maybe that is what got you guys confused. Would it be better if I just drop the part where it says Heero's marring Relena soon? Sure he is going to in the story, but that isn't the main plot, but more of a time guild line to the end date. Will that help and satisfy you? I don't know what to do for you. I keep getting people who are confused and annoyed with me, and it makes me sad. T-T (Michi's crying)

Maybe I should change the gender of the story. Sure it a romance/poetry type, but it has others in it too. You also have mysteries and comedy. (T-T) I'm at a lost on what to do for you. I try to make things as clear as possible.

(--sigh--) All I can ask from you is to keep reading, and give me questions.

I hope this chapter answers a lot of those questions though.


Shinigami's Stage: Behind the Jester's Mask
By: Mira Watanabe


:.: Chapter Seven :.:
Day ONE of the Reunion:

Wednesday, May 26, AC 201
Age: 21

………………………… ;……………….

No one really knows how it turned out the way it did, but it happened anyway. Everyone was helping make dinner for the upcoming reunion, and by the looks of all that was being set out, they were either feeding the whole city or a group of really hunger people.

Bags of food were set out in the middle of the round table. Duo's poetic books were temporarily on the baker's rack located in a corner in the kitchen.

Duo, Quatre, Trowa, Tasha, Lucy, and Nataku were in the kitchen with Duo and Tasha bumping heads. Solo, Heero, Wufei, Raoul, Johnathan, and Linda were by the breakfast nook. Harry escaped into the living room with Chi, where they slept curled around Rasha and Bagheera. Bagheera was a black panther who decided to come down a little after Rasha did.

Everything was still a hustling and a bustling by 3:30 as they tried to finish the preparations. It was then Kyle and Tom came in. Kyle was another 20-something male with really long blue-blue hair and light brown eyes too dark to be hazel, but too light to be brown. Maybe a mixture of both.

Tom had the plain brown hair and hazel eyes. Both Tom and Kyle brought some food with them. Thank god it was pre-made!

Slowly, depending on who's prospective, more people trickled in.

Kyle and Tom were neighbors so they got here early. Nathanial - long Irish red hair and green eyes - and Ashley - shoulder length blond/brown hair, blue/green eyes - were also neighbors. So were Rhys and Teo.

Then even more came; Brian and Mark who own a farm in the country, Robert and Jacob, Edward and Charles, Vince and Samantha and their eight year old Tommy, Arian and Hunter. Then lastly Michael who had to finish something at work so he was late. He was, surprisingly, a threesome with Nathanial and Samantha.

Things couldn't get any weirder… Then more people came.

For some odd reason the song, "The ants came marching one by one," came to mind, but that isn't right because these people came in twos.

An exceeding amount of males dominated the living room (which, with all the people there, it became too small to be called the Great room at the moment, but at lest it was cozy.), nook, Kitchen and back yard, all in their 20's to low 30's. All of them hot and young.

Only seven girls stood out of the masses; Iran, Cathy, Tasha, Lucy, Linda, Ashley, and Samantha.

Mind you, the house was large, but it most definitely wasn't a mansion, so it was pretty crowded.

Many people came in and out. Duo, Solo, Johnathan, Nataku, and a few others franticly tried to keep all sweets and caffeinated drinks away. They seemed pretty scared as to what would happen if something in that category got past their radar.

Looking to Duo and how hyper he can get over a simple small sugar cube, they should have been very scared.

Tasha was part of the few others helping the sugar patrol. She was made of sterner stuff, stood her ground to any man three times her size (which was just about every one there), and let nothing through. Heero was also part of the group, with him and Tash watching like hawks nothing did get by.

Heero walked to the other three ex-pilots sitting around a circular table in a corner and gracefully sat in an extra chair. Tasha taking lookout in the middle clearing, looking very bodyguard-ish and would have been intimidating if not for her petit form.

Duo and Solo could bee seen running from Kitchen to the outside tables in the large back yard.

The four Gundam boys, as they'd been dubbed by Lucy and Linda, slumped a little in their sets, watching everyone move by or chatter in their own table.

The man called Jacob came to their table and moved a hand to indicate the empty chair next to Heero, "May I join you?"

They nodded and he smiled, sitting.

Jacob was like any man in the group of… many, He had the plain brown hair and eyes, just a unique hair cut. One side if his hair extended past his ear while the other half was buzzed, not to the scalp but to shaggy strands, with the front of his bangs died black.

He smiled as he pretended to watch the crowd around him, knowing his table were only looking at him. Finally he turned his attention to them.

"I, Jacob Riis, would like to fully welcome you to our family," he said smiling, sweeping a hand outward to the people around them, about a total of 22. He laughed, "Trust me, you get used the Fam. This isn't even all of us, though."

The Gundam boys paled, "How did there get to be so many?" Wufei looked bewildered.

"Neh, Duo, Solo. Solo, Duo," he moved his hands like a scale, moving his palms up and down. "Doesn't really matter. No one really cares. So how long are you guys staying for?"

"A little less than a week. Trowa and I will only be here to the end of the weekend. We have to manage things at work," Quatre said.

Jacob shrugged, "All good. I'm only here for a few days."

"So this is the family," Quatre leaned forward to rest elbows on the table and view the crowd.

"Just about."

"I have a question. Why did everyone here come in twos or something close to it?"

Jacob smiled a bit excitedly, "I thought you'll never ask about some thing!" Quatre looked confused. "You see I'm sort of the newbie's tour guild. It is my job to tell you the outline on how things run here in the Fam, or Family. There are certain rules to be followed."

He paused to see if they were following him and continued, "Okay. The first and foremost rule, intimacy. Everyone here touches one another. Not sexually. We just touch a lot. If someone were to touch you, you cannot stop them, and I recommend you start touching others as well 'cause people start to fell left out. We're all family here.

"Second rule, never, never, never threaten anyone from in the Fam. You'll either have Solo or Duo on you ass really fast," Jacob shuttered because of some nasty thought.

Kyle walked up to the table then with his blue-blue hair trailing behind him. He was laughing, "Poor Jake had to see it happen before to a misfit at the construction agency."

"Shut up Kyle, and stop calling me Jake!" Jacob barked.

"But Jaky-poo," he cooed, "You let Duks' call you that, and I just know you luv it."

Jacob cringed.

"Why does everyone keep calling Duo, Duks?" Trowa interrupted.

They blinked at him, caught off guard. "Simple," Kyle said, "Chi calls him it, and its cute. Duo has other nickname as well in the Fam. Like Babes, Kid, Bird, and my all time favorite, Rupunzil. The dude has the longest hair in the Fam, I swear!"

"How did Duo come about getting Chi?" Heero asked, voicing the question nagging him all day.

Jacob shook his head, looking sodden, "There are things we cannot say, don't want to say and voice it out loud, that being anything from that day, that time."

"What do you mean?"

Kyle looked the same as Jacob, "It is, as most of us call it, 'The no name' day. Only Duo, Solo, Johnathan, Nataku, and the twins are supposed to know about it, but we all do. We all do… We just wont talk about what happened… But poor Solo."

Jacob flinched like a blow was struck, "Yeah, poor Solo. He was the first to see it that day."

Kyle nodded.

"You guys are not making any sense," Quatre said.

The two men shook themselves as if drawing away from some imaginary force. "Forget about it," Jacob said, "Its best left unsaid. Forget about it."

"Anyway, you have met just about everyone here, right?" Kyle decided to change the topic, "But it bet you don't know that only a few of these people were with Solo and Kid from the beginning. Sure just about everyone in their gang died of the plague in the past, but some of them survived. I mean not everyone stayed in one group. It's too dangerous to do so while on the streets. Most of the gang moved around and came to visit once and a while. Humm…. Lets see." He scanned the crowd. "Ah! You all know Tomboy Tasha. She was here from the beginning, was a tomboy back them too. Guess she needed to show she was man enough, since she was the only girl in the gang at the time, and its more dangerous out there on the streets for the girls than it was for the guys."

Jacob laughed, "We didn't even know she was a girl until she went through the change. Boy that was surprising!"

"Mark, Tom, Charlie, and Robert are all original gang. The rest of us are either adopted misfits or married in," Kyle added, brushing back his blue-blue hair, "The head leaders, also original gang, are in order; Solo, Duo, Nataku, and Johnathan. Solo is Boss man. He is the one to set up the intamecy rule down, believes it brings people closer together. Duo, Duks, is the baby. Everyone here wants him, male or female, but he's doing the whole staying single thing. No one gets the better relationship deal, no even Solo."

"What's the deal with Solo and Duo?"

Jacob threw his head back and laughed as if the question was the most funniest thing in the world, "The correct question is, 'What's up with Solo?' I can guarantee you will never find someone as strange as Solo. You've met the threesome, Michael, Nathanial, and Ashley, right? Solo wants to bet that with a foursome. He has three, now he wants Duo to join and he'll have four. But Duo, if he were to start a relationship, will only have a one and only."

Kyle laughed, "Poor Babes, first Harry now Solo."

"Harry?" Heero asked.

"Oops, sorry, I forgot you don't know. Harry is Duo's ex-fiancé." Well that was surprising news. "But Harry feel for Nicky - Nicolas Blackbird - and you know…" Kyle trailed off.

"The one and only rule Duo has," Jacob finished, "Which all this falls down to Solo's rule number two, 'If someone in the Fam were to get hurt, be it intentionally or not, you'll either have Solo or Duo after you.' Since Duo was the one hurt…"

Kyle finished, "I guess you could say Solo doesn't like Harry much."


End Chapter: To Be Continued.


Annoying Author's Notes:

Nothing much. I put a lot of the notes on top because they were important.

Hoped you like my new character's, don't worry they don't show up much. I made them incase I decided to make a Shinigami's Stage 2. That way I have a lot to go by with.

I'm not sure what you think, but that last part of the chapter really freaked me out. It was also kinda confusing, but funny in its own way.

Well, my thumb is still swollen, and I most desperately want to write the next chapter. Chapter 13 is very important. It's on Saturday, two days from the chapter you're at now. This isn't even near the middle of the story. Each day is probably going to take up four chapters each. (0.0;;) There are 15 days. Do the math. Each day has a main event. Each event is pretty fast place in the beginning. Things start to cool down after the weekend is over. Then the pace picks up again the next Thursday. It kinda makes you sea sick.

Most stories are opposite to mine. Their charter's activities start off show then works their way up.

Most basic outline:
Activities: fast, slooooow, fast, end.
Relationship development: sloooow, fast, slow, fast, end.

Some of you will get what the outline means, some of you won't. It doesn't matter.

I guess I give you some thing to look forward to.

Chapter 13 is a big turn around on things. The chapter's before that were just letting you get the feel of how things worked. The chapter is Duo's concert, and he will sing six poems/songs that have many clues as to what happened the last three years. Small clues, but clues none the less.

It also sets a bigger pace on Duo and Heero's relationship. Pulls your heart strings. Probably make some of you cry. (Maybe just me. I cry over the littlest things.) And rocks everything a bit out of proportion.

So hold on. The chapters will come sooner than you think. But probably not as soon as you hope. (-winks--)

Hope you like this chapter.


Review mark: I let you off last time with the poems, but I still need them. No review mark, I'll just start typing up the next chapter. When I'm done, I'll put it up. (--smiles--) After this next chapter I'll have to print out all the chapters and pull out my highlighter. I have to note down all the clues and such. I have to see what all I have put down, and hope I didn't miss anything important. If I did, it's easily fixable. I also have to the check spelling and grammar of each chapter. It won't take me long. Anyway…

P L E A S E
R E V I E W!