Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Shinigami's Stage; Behind the Jester's Mask ❯ Chapter eleven ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Date posted: Monday, January 24, 2005
Chapter warnings: Extreme funniness and language. A lot of cuss words a head. I'm just that way. (shrugs )
Pairings: 1x2 : 3x4 : 5x? Still a surprise.


Shinigami's Stage: Behind the Jester's Mask
By: Mira Watanabe

:.: Chapter Eleven :.:
Day Three of the Reunion

Friday, May 28, AC 201
Age: 21

………………………… ;……………….

Both kid and male laid sprawled out on the floor with the wind blown out of them to kingdom come. Sam was struggling like a wild boar to get up and get free. The stranger on top of him was also struggling to get up and get free but was unsuccessful because of Sam’s own struggles under him.

Five minutes later, the stranger, after much difficulty, was finally up. Only to fall down again, unbalanced. Heero, Duo, and Eric watched all this while trying not to laugh too hard. Sam pushed up with his arms and glared at them. ‘Why me? Why not one of them?’

The attacker, or was that attacky, thrashed about on his back more like a turtle would. Then he went suddenly still.

“Is it dead?” Duo walked up cautiously to it, keeping in mind that this could be a trap. He nudged it with the toe of his boot and it started thrashing around again.

“Is it a turtle?” Sam asked.

“I don’t know, seems like one.” Duo nudged it again. This was fun!

“This is where the orange team should be,” Eric informed in a voice that was eerily close to how Heero’s used to be. The orange team consisted of Trowa, Quatre, and Wufei.

“Move away,” Sam said, “I’m going to shoot it.”

Duo looked at his son like the boy just kicked a puppy, “Why? It’s so helpless and pathetic looking.” (Can we keep him?)

Sam aimed down his gun, “Yeah and it fell on me.” He shot it on the helmet and it when still, “Bastard.”

“Poor little guy.” No one knew exactly who Duo was referring to, the unidentified person, or Sam who got squashed.

The observers and the squashed one then pulled Away reluctantly, looking for the other oranges but saw none. Guess he was the lost sheep. ‘Snickers.’

They kept moving at a slow pace, cautious to every dark shadow looming, when they happened upon a sealed door with a built-in state-of-the-art computer security system. Eric tossed Sam the blanket he kept and plugged something into the floppy disk. Trailing a cord down from it, he sat down and pulled the laptop out. Sam came to him and covered them up once more. No one could see the glair from the screen.

“Where does this go to,” whispered Heero as he kept guard once more.

Duo briefly looked at him before turning back to the shadow, “this goes to the upper brass. Second Level. Only the experience can get in.”

“Then why are they the ones working the door open?”

Duo grinned, “They’re experienced.” Heero didn’t know what he meant by that. “Plus,” Duo continued, “This is their training anyway.”

“Training?”

“You know how some parents pass things down to their kids,” Duo swept the area with his eyes, “Well this is all I can share. It’s all that I know.” He looked at Heero asking with his eyes a question he didn’t dare say out loud. Heero nodded his understanding. “Good,” Duo breathed, a tension he didn’t know until that moment, left with that one exertion.

Ten minutes later and the boys were done. The next hour and a half was spent looking for the last team. The red team was Solo, Johnathan and Nataku.

No sign of them what so ever.

Fuck,” Duo said with such feeling for one word, “they have us surrounded.”

“What makes you say that?” Heero’ eyes scanned the surrounding area, not picking up anything alerting him to anyone’s presence.

“It’s Solo. I can feel it’s him.” Heero didn’t question and just took it as the fact it was.

Duo reached up and twiddled with the buttons on his helmet by his right rear. A small, low beep told him that he had successfully switched the outside speakers, “kitty-cat, Kitty-cat where. Are. You…” Movement to the left. Duo’s voice turned a pitch higher to his sing-song voice, “Here kitty, kitty, kitty… Come and play with me.”

“I already am” came a reply too close for comfort. It felt and sounded like the person was right next to them; one of those eerie feelings with Goosebumps and all.

Duo laughed. He was right; they were surrounded. “Ah… What a sneaky little kitty. You’ve been a very bad boy.”

“Meeeroow,” Solo called.

In a blear, Duo turned the speakers off with a flick of a hand, “Eric, left-right quarter.” With out a question, and great speed, Eric shot a blue paint ball off in the direction Duo indicated.

A laugh, “Sooo close yet so far away.”

Duo turned the outside speakers back on and immediately bust in to song, one with horrible lyrics, for no good reason. At least he had a good voice. “Screaming at Shadows on my walls; yelling at voices in my ears. You think I’m crazy! Well fuck you! And fuck me too! They think I’m crazy. They think I’m insane. They think I’m useless. They think I’m inane. Well they can think whatever they damn well want! Who wants to listen to those annoying voices anyway! They’re only in my head. Let them keep wishing I was dead. I don’t give a fuck anyway! Screaming at Shadows on my walls; yelling at voices in my ears. You think I’m crazy! Yeah, well, fuck you! I know it, and crazy doesn’t even come close!”

Solo was laughing hard as Duo swung around and fired one signal bullet, “Don’t pass go...” ‘Thunk,’ a hit.

“…Do not collect 200 dollars,” Heero fired as well in a different location.

Startled, Duo looked at him, “You’ve played Monopoly?” The blue eyed Asian nodded. “Bitchin,” Duo cheered like the child he never was, and Heero smirked.

The bell rang then and the game was done. The lights turned on with blinding fury. Red arrows glowed, showing everyone to the nearest exit.


Duo came out of the room laughing his ass off, to put it lightly, at what happened in the upper Brass and at Sam whom was squashed not too long before that. Sam was pocking him repeatedly for that last one, his head locked under Duo’s arm as his father gave him a knuckle sandwich. Sam’s pocking quickened so did Duo’s knuckle rubbing as they tried to out best each other. They kept it up until they were both on the ground in a father son tussle with arms and legs flying every which way.

Heero looked down towards Eric, ‘How do you put up with them?’ Eric shrugged,’ The hell should I know, it’s a mystery to even myself.’ Both of them just kept watching the floor show in silence. It didn’t take long for them to grow tired of it all and break it up. Heero had Duo thrown over his shoulder like a sack of moving potatoes with madly waving fists and loud mouth. One that was currently acting like a kid half his age, “Be a man! You fight like a chick, you pansy!”

Eric was literally dragging Sam away by the cuff of his shirt as the boy yelled, “I do not fight like a chick, you pansy! Be a man and try to say that to my face! Chicken! Booock!” Sam amusedly flapped is arm in mimicking a chicken as Eric kept dragging him away. Duo sputtered, “Me - a chicken! Why you no good” He struggled uselessly in Heero’s steel grip as he tried to brake free and teach his son a lesson in manners and respect. Sam was laughing and sending his love with raspberries and birdies.

Heero and Eric dragged the two to the front of the building where the others where already waiting for them. Duo and Sam stopped long enough to blink at the others and give them innocent looks no one would believe after hearing them shout like banshees on the prowl.

Everyone stood in their groups observing one another.

The green team had blue and red splatter marks. Duo had thought that Iran didn’t get hit by a red until she bent down to pick up her hair band. He tried not to laugh at the red circle on her ass, but why hurt yourself restraining? So he laughed.

All the red team had a blue mark on their helmet, but Solo also had a red dot adoring his head gear.

“How the hell did that happen?” Duo said when he spotted Solo’s extra marking.

Johnathan pointed to Solo behind his back and mouthed, “He dropped his own gun and shot himself.”

Everyone laughed.

Trowa and Quatre where left unmarked, explaining they got lost. Most likely on purpose to take advantage of the dark. Wufei was shot with a single blue paint ball.

Sam glared at him and Wu blushed a bright red. Wufei was the one to fall on him oh-so-gracefully. Duo caught on to this and fell to the floor laughing pretty damn hard. Even Heero and Eric were laughing loudly, for them that is. The others where just confused as Wufei blushed an even brighter red.

“Priceless,” Duo laughed, “Simply priceless!”

“You breathe one word Maxwell…” Wufei threatened.

Duo looked up at him innocently from the floor, blinking twinkling bright violet eyes, “Moi? Why I never would do a thing like that.” No one bought it. Duo was too busy laughing to care.


They went home shortly after that. Tasha brought Chi home and she left with Duo, Solo, Johnathan, and Nataku for band practice. Tomorrow was Sunday, the day of the concert.

Harry stayed behind and Heero held Chi. They both stood in the front door side by side as they saw them off.


Heero laid on the midnight blue comforter of Duo’s bed, watching Chi craw around and play with the many pillows. As he laid there, he wondered who her mother was. Why wasn’t she around? Does Duo love her?

Chi looked the splinting image of Duo with her Carmel hair, big violet-blue eyes, and cherbish face. She even had the same smile, all big and happy like the brightest star.

Even the room screamed Duo. Pictures of the braided baka’s past adored the walls. Pictures of orphans, one of Duo and Solo on a cardboard box, proud. A picture of a priest and nun, a silver and a gold cross hanging off a nail by it. Professor G. Duo’s gundam Deathscythe. Howard and the crew.

All the gundam pilots with Duo’s arm thrown casually over his ridged form with Duo’s free hand tossed towards the camera in the classic peace sign. Pictures of each of them. Heero’s back with his face deep into his computer. Him glaring at the camera. Trowa and Quatre on the cough, another taken when they were first caught kissing. Wufei meditating. Wufei after the cameraman with a wooden stick… um sword…

Then Hilde and the Sweeper crew. Next was a picture frame with three pictures of their shared apartment together, vertically set in the frame.

Solo was back in the pictures again with his two fiancés. Two black and white cat, one being Rasha and the other Bagheera. Sam and Eric. Tails. Duo and a newborn Chi wrapped in a white hospital blanky. A few happy date pictures of Duo and Harry (those probably hurt the most), and then Harry and a navy haired guy, most likely Nicholas blackbird.

Looking at the picture was like watching Duo’s life play out. A time line of so much love.

Heero looked to his own life timeline and found very little. Chi came and laid on him, her tiny hand going to his wet cheeks. She kissed him and then looked up at him with big violet-blue eyes shimmering with unshead tears. Heero gave her a wavering smile, brushed back her bangs and kissed her forehead. Chi hiccupped and he hugged her. They both needed the comfort.


End Chapter: To Be Continued.

Annoying Author's Notes:

I’m so fucking sleepy. I’ve been trying to dig up the courage to type this chapter, but it keeps failing me. that last part always seems to drive me to tears. I can’t believe it took so long to update! I hate typing! It took me 4 hours to type up this chapter; I’m that bad at it.

I feel bad. I re-read some of the chapters I’ve written and I must say; I’m horrible! (cries) I’ve had some mean reviews on my grammar and spelling, yet no one’s offered to be my Beta (editor). Hypocrites.

I tried to make a story for Christmas. All that I got was a bunk of ideas and a shit load of Writer’s Block and no where to start.

Sorry guys for my bad grammar and spelling. It’s probably going to be worst in this chapter since I don’t feel like going back over it all and check it. I’m too sleepy right now and all I wanted to do was post out a chapter before the chick with the chainsaw comes back with something more deadly. G-R-E-A-T…

Story Notes: None

Coming next:

A dark memory from the past and the day of a concert. – Clip: He looked down to the shattered mirror at the reflection of a shattered soul, “Reality’s a Bitch.” –


Review mark: I don’t fucking care right now, just stop sending me flames and read.

P L E A S E
R E V I E W!