Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Time, Fault and Out ❯ Chapter 38 ( Chapter 38 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: I don't own the G'boys, I just borrow them from time to time to play with and return them a whole lot happier, ne? Written for pleasure not profit.
 
Rating: NC 17
 
Pairings: 1x2x1, 3x4
 
Warnings: AU, OOC, Lemon, Yaoi, Angst, Fluff, Sap, Vet themes.
 
Summary: Set 2 years after Equinity. Heero is now riding for the Kushrenada stable as well as attempting to qualify Zero for the Nations Cup team and ultimately his dream of riding at the Olympic games. But life is never an easy ride.
 
Notes: All the information on showjumping, horses, etc is taken from my own knowledge of the sport having been a competitor and now judge for many years and is written from an Australian perspective. The rules and regulations are courtesy of the E.F.A Handbook. (Equestrian Federation of Australia) Should you have any questions just e-mail me.
 
Fic 2 in the "Equine Intervention" Arc.
 
Dedication: To Klingonpoodle who gave me the plot bunny for the first fic and has since supplied my muse with its own plot bunny farm, and to 'Teddy Bear' my own courageous little showjumper whom Zero is based upon.
 
"Time, Fault and Out"
 
November. 2005 ShenLong
 
Chapter 38
 
Heero watched from his place on the bed as Duo walked over and climbed on the mattress next to him. His heart began to beat erratically in his chest, a warm feeling stole over him and he felt his arousal rising further. "On your stomach," he told the long haired vet.
 
Duo complied, easing his body into the cool sheets and laying down. He rested his head upon the pillow, turned sideways and watched as Heero moved to his side and opened the bottle of oil. The cool bite of the oil met with warm skin and Duo shivered. Heero chuckled and continued to drizzle more of the oil across Duo's shoulders and along his spine. When Heero deemed there to be enough oil on his partner's skin, he set the bottle down on the side table and moved to straddle Duo's hips. Naked skin met and tingles raced along spines, arousing the pair further. Carefully shifting so his erection didn't rub along Duo's cleft, Heero settled into a more comfortable position and began to work with his one hand at the tired, knotted muscles of Duo's shoulders.
 
The subtle shift didn't go unnoticed by Duo, but he was pleased that his lover was more concerned with easing the kinks from his body before moving onto other areas that craved attention. Duo relaxed into the touch, letting his mind close off from the day's stress and concentrate only on the movement of Heero's hand. Even with only one hand, Heero could give a damn fine massage.
 
Heero took his time, working slowly over the muscles of Duo's shoulders and then moving lower to the tight muscles of Duo's back. Once those were loosened, Heero shifted and began to knead at the lower back, freeing those muscles from their tense state. Next, Heero moved to Duo's calves. Normally he would have started with Duo's feet, but to do them properly he really needed two hands and with his arm still in the cast, Heero had limited use of his right hand. From calves he moved to thighs, pushing Duo's legs slightly further apart so he could get to the inner thigh muscles as well.
 
By the time Heero had finished massaging his back, Duo was a pile of melted vet goo on the bed. He felt completely boneless and more relaxed than he had in days. He barely registered Heero shifting, but was reminded that his lover as still there when Heero's hand returned - this time to his buttocks. The firm globes were gently caressed, kneaded and expertly worked by Heero's hand. Those slender fingers worked down to the crease of Duo's buttocks and thighs, stroking softly over the skin before slipping underneath to work over the sensitive perineum.
 
Duo moaned softly. Despite his relaxed state, his hormones were still wide awake and ready to respond. With the subtle rubbing and teasing of Heero's fingers, Duo's cock began to harden and pretty soon his hips were undulating gently against the sheets, desperate to seek some form of friction for his aching length.
 
Knowing he was causing these reactions in his lover, Heero smirked to himself and removed his hand from between Duo's legs. "Time to turn over," he said softly.
 
A soft moan was followed by the movement of limbs as Duo complied, drawing his arms and legs up to push himself to his back. As he lay down again so his hard cock settled against his stomach, a drop of fluid leaking from the tip.
 
"Hmmm. Looks like you're still a little rigid there," commented Heero as he eyed his boyfriend's impressive length.
 
"Stiff as a board," replied Duo.
 
"I think we need to do something about that."
 
"Feel free. I'm open to any suggestions."
 
"I don't think the usual massage is going to work," said Heero as he took the thick shaft into his hand and began to stroke the length. "No, this isn't working; it's not relaxing it at all, if anything it's getting harder
 
"What do you suggest?"
 
"I think I'm going to have to try a different sort of massage to get this muscle to soften." Heero scooted back a little, carefully took the head of Duo's cock into his mouth and began to suck gently.
 
Duo closed his eyes and moaned his appreciation. With his eyes closed he didn't see Heero's hand dip into the oil and disappear.
 
With Duo distracted, Heero coated his fingers in the oil again and reached between his own legs, sliding the slick fingers along his crevice until he found his hole. Slowly he slid a finger inside and began to prep himself. A second finger was quick to follow, Heero not wanting to waste any time. He'd been waiting a while to have Duo inside him again and now that he had his lover where he wanted him, he was desperate to be filled. A third finger entered his passage, stretching the muscles to protesting point.
 
"Ah, nice," groaned Duo as Heero's mouth took him deeper. His hands fisted the sheets as he tried to stop himself from thrusting into that hot, wet cavern. Heero's mouth began to slide up and off, the tongue teasing his slit before that delicious mouth left him completely. Duo protested the loss.
 
"Heero? Why did you stop?" Duo's eyes cracked open and he watched as his lover moved positions again, this time straddling his hips as a hand reached for the oil.
 
"That massage isn't working either," Heero said with a coy look. "I think I will have to resort to the big guns."
 
"Big guns?"
 
"You'll see." Heero poured a generous amount of the oil onto the tip of Duo's erection and then worked the slippery stuff along the shaft, coating the entire length. Satisfied, he moved again, raising himself up and positioning himself over Duo's cock. Duo's hands on his hips stilled him.

"Heero?" Duo's voice was a little concerned.
 
"It's fine, Duo."
 
"But, you need to be stretched, I won't hurt you."
 
"Already taken care of."
 
Duo reached a hand behind Heero and ran a finger along the crevice of Heero's ass. He felt the slickness of the oil and knew Heero spoke the truth.
 
"You sly fox," Duo said with a grin, figuring out that Heero had prepped himself whilst attending to Duo's 'problem'.
 
Heero smirked. "Now, let me see what I can do about massaging this stiffness away."
 
Duo wrapped his fingers around the base of his penis, holding the organ upright and still so Heero could lower and impale himself at his own pace.
 
With half lidded eyes, Heero began to lower himself. Duo's cock head rested against his opening and he paused for a second before lowering himself steadily. The pressure was strong at first, then the muscles gave way, allowing the head to probe inside. Halting again for a moment, Heero stared down at his fey lover. His eyes softened and he smiled. "Love you," he said quietly and began to lower his hips again.
 
"Love you too," replied Duo, his voice thick with need.
 
As Duo's cock slid all the way inside, Heero sighed softly. It felt good to be filled again. He took a moment to adjust, letting his inner passage stretch to accommodate his lover's length and savoring the feeling of the hard flesh pressing against his sensitive, inner walls. Feeling he was ready, Heero slowly began to raise himself, aided by Duo's hands on his hips, stopping only when the head remained inside and then lowering himself once more. The feeling was exquisite.
 
Lying flat on his back with Heero straddling his hips and gently raising and lowering himself, Duo felt all the tension bleed out of him. His body tingled from head to toe, the main area of pleasure being his groin.
 
"Ride me, Heero. Ride me hard and fast, show me how good you are." Duo's hips began to move, meeting each downward push of Heero with an upward thrust of his own.
 
"You keep bucking like that and I might have to get the whip and spurs out," Heero purred.
 
Duo snickered. "No way, Heero. I'm not into that sort of thing."
 
"Then stop with the bucking. I want to warm you up first, start off slow, loosen those muscles before we move into the harder work."
 
Duo groaned, Heero's teasing was having a profound effect on him.
 
Gradually Heero's pace began to increase, taking Duo deeper inside. His hips moved in a steady up and down rhythm, Duo's hands assisting him in his movement. Pleasure began to increase as sleeping nerves were awakened, Heero's passage came alive with sensation as Duo's cock continued to invade him. Duo was moaning softly with each movement of Heero's hips. His sensitive length was gently caressed, squeezed and drawn ever closer to the pinnacle. Muscular walls rippled against his shaft, parting to allow the head of his cock to penetrate and then clinging desperately as he withdrew, reluctant to let him leave.
 
Heero's moans began to join those of his lover as his pleasure increased. He shifted slightly and was rewarded with a jolt of pure ecstasy when Duo's cock hit his prostate. He groaned and shivered, tingles coursing the length of his body as his blood burned through him. Heero's excitement was building by the second, his climax sat just out of reach and he was unable to gain friction to his cock to bring himself to that peak, needing his one good arm to keep him positioned and riding Duo's cock.
 
A soft chuckle escaped Duo's lips as he saw the look of frustration in Heero's eyes. He had a pretty good idea of what the problem was, his own orgasm was creeping up on him and it wouldn't be much longer before he lost all sanity. Removing one hand from Heero's hip, he curled his fingers around the stiff length jutting from Heero's groin. "Come for me, baby," Duo said, his tone husky. "Ride me to the finish line." Duo's hand began to squeeze and stroke.
 
"Ah, oh," moaned Heero. Pleasure began to build to an unbearable level, the heat in his gut intensified and with one last brush of Duo's cock against his prostate, Heero fell over the edge into climax. Creamy seed spilled from his cock, Duo's hand spreading it along his length as he continued to stroke and give Heero as much pleasure as possible.
 
Hot, tight walls pressed closer around his shaft. Duo continued to thrust while Heero's movements became jerky and erratic as his climax found him. It became harder and harder to press inside Heero's body as the dark rider's channel spasmed around Duo's cock, heightening Duo's own pleasure. A few moments after Heero's climax had claimed him, so Duo's orgasm hit hard. His body tensed as his balls drew close, Duo's essence spurting from his cock to be buried in Heero's sheath. Wave after wave of pure bliss bathed Duo and he eagerly welcomed it, drowned in it.
 
Heero rolled himself off and to the side of Duo once he'd managed to regain some form of control over limbs that had turned to jelly. He snuggled up close, breathing in the smell of massage oil, sweat, sex and Duo's own body odor. His eyes closed as he drifted, enjoying the warm, post coital bliss.
 
A soft sigh of contentment left Duo's lips as he also floated in the euphoria of post orgasmic haze. His body was completely relaxed, every muscle loose and he wanted nothing more than to close his eyes and sleep. He let the feelings of satiation wash though him for a little while longer before getting up and returning to the bathroom to fetch a wash cloth. Once he'd cleaned them both off, Duo snuggled up close to Heero as he drew the covers over their naked forms. He feathered kisses along Heero's cheek before locking lips with his lover.
 
"Mmm... That was nice, thanks Heero," Duo said as he placed a tender kiss to the tip of Heero's nose. "Not only are you an expert rider, you sure know how to give a mean massage too."
 
Heero grunted and burrowed deeper into Duo's embrace. "Glad I could relax all of your muscles for you."
 
"You sure did that," snickered Duo.
 
"Sleep now, we can go riding again tomorrow," mumbled Heero.
 
Duo chuckled again and cuddled his lover, sleep claiming them both within minutes.
 
***
 
Leaving Duo's place behind, Zechs took up Treize's earlier offer to go to the rider's house and relax. He was feeling emotionally fragile right now and in desperate need of some reassurance. He followed the tail lights of Treize's car, his heart heavy. He'd been worried about Treize's reaction to the information he'd given. He'd been worried about Relena's reaction too, but not nearly as much as Treize's. He'd survived without his family for this long and while he hoped there could be some form of reconciliation between Relena and himself, it wouldn't kill him if she chose not to associate with him at all.
 
But if Treize rejected him as well...
 
Zechs wasn't sure he could take that.
 
He'd grown very fond of the ginger haired man. He hesitated to call it love, for he wasn't sure how to love someone again after losing his only love in such tragic circumstances; wasn't sure if he could allow himself to love again. The pain of loss was excruciating and Zechs needed to know Treize really cared for him before he could allow his feelings to come though fully. He couldn't bear to lose someone again.
 
Treize drove carefully as the evening closed in, headlights picking their way through the dark. His mind was constantly working, part of it concentrating on the road while the rest ran Zechs' tale over and over. His heart bled for the blonde vet, to have suffered through all that and still retain a dignified manner showed Treize just how strong the vet was. He knew it hadn't been easy for Zechs to tell his story, he'd had an inkling that there was something of a skeleton in Zechs' closet but had never pressured for details; he figured if Zechs wanted to tell him, he would. Seems that decision had been made for the man with Relena's silly theatrics.
 
Pulling up outside the front door of his home, Treize cut the engine and got out, eyes tracking the headlights of Zechs' car as it approached. Right now Treize just wanted to hold his lover, take him in his arms and offer any comfort he could. Zechs' car came to a stop and Treize walked over, meeting the blonde as he exited his car. Taking his boyfriend's hand in his own, Treize didn't speak, words were not necessary. He led them both to the front door and unlocked it, closing it as they stepped inside. Still silent, Treize walked along the passageway and into the lounge room where the artificial fire burned brightly in the grate. He sat Zechs down on the couch and fetched them both a drink; whiskey, neat. He handed Zechs the fine, cut crystal tumbler half full of the amber fluid and took a seat next to him.
 
Zechs stared at the glass and its contents for a moment before raising it to his lips and taking a mouthful. The alcohol burned all the way to his stomach, the fire spreading through his chilled body and providing much needed warmth. Eyes still fixed on the glass, Zechs began to talk, he felt he owed it to Treize to finish the story he'd begun at Relena's.
 
"I remained at home for two days after Robin's death,; I had to stay, the police had questions. All I wanted to do was get out, get as far away as I could. It ripped me apart when I gave my statement, the lies I had to speak when all I wanted to do was scream the truth. But I couldn't. You know, it's despicable how low people will go to protect their reputations. All Robin's father was worried about was if word got out that Robin had been gay what damage it would do to his political career, not to mention his business. I hated him for that, I hated him for not caring about the kind, loving man his son was, for only thinking of himself."
 
Zechs took another drink and then continued. "I hated my old man even more, not because of the thrashing he gave me, but for going along with the farce. A young man was dead, a life taken so tragically and all they could think about was covering it up, they didn't seem to care, as long as no one found out Robin was gay..." Zechs felt the emotion begin to build up; years of holding inside all the grief, agony and pain of losing someone dear to him came crashing down. "But above all, I hated myself for being so weak and not standing up and speaking the truth. I'm just as bad and despicable as they were." His breath hitched, moisture formed in his eyes blurring his vision and a soft sob escaped his throat. He felt the glass taken from his fingers, warm arms encircle his shoulders and he let himself fall into the offered embrace.
 
Treize drew the blonde man to him, wrapping his arms securely around the shaking form and rocking Zechs lightly in his embrace. He ran a soothing hand up and down Zechs' arm, pressed soft kisses to the top of that blonde head and whispered words of comfort. "It's okay, Zechs, it's in the past. No one will hurt you like that again. I'm so sorry, sorry you had to lose someone dear to you, sorry you had to put up with what you did. You didn't deserve that, it wasn't your fault."
 
Despite the soothing hand, the whispered words of comfort, Zechs couldn't help but feel he'd let Robin down. "I should have said something, I should have stood up to my father, told the police the truth..." The sobs tore from Zechs as the scarred heart he'd thought had healed, opened. The guilt held inside for so long, the hatred and self loathing; all had festered beneath the surface and now burst forth in a poisonous river, flowing freely from the freshly opened wound and there wasn't a damn thing Zechs could do to stop it.
 
Treize continued to hold his boyfriend, letting him cry out his grief and anguish as his own heart tore inside for the pain his lover had endured. He didn't say anything, just offered his shoulder to cry on, his arms to comfort and his presence as an anchor.
 
The torrent continued to flow, tears long held back were released and as the dam of grief broke, years of suffering fell like rain from Zechs' eyes. It felt good to finally have the truth out in the open, all the years of carrying the truth hidden inside, unable to speak of it had taken its toll and Zechs couldn't hold back any longer.
 
Treize didn't know how long they sat there, Zechs sobbing in his arms, and he didn't care either. All he could feel was an overwhelming need to protect and comfort. No one should have suffered through what Zechs had. It made Treize's blood boil to know his boyfriend had been treated with such callous regard, but unfortunately the words Zechs had spoken regarding people being more concerned with their own reputations were only too true. He vowed he would do everything he possibly could to help Zechs get through this. The first hurdle had been cleared, with Zechs having faced and spoken about it, now came the hard part, helping his lover to accept that what had happened had not been his fault. Treize knew all too well how guilt for something out of your control could eat away at you and ultimately destroy a person if they didn't come to terms with it.
 
Healing would follow.
 
"I should have done more, I should have insisted on speaking the truth to the police, but instead I took the coward's way out. Oh, god. Robin... Can you ever forgive me?" The words were choked out
 
"He already has," soothed Treize.
 
"How? How can you say that?" Zechs hiccupped. "I let him die, I let them say it was some stupid accident when it wasn't." Zechs desperately wanted to believe what Treize said was true.
 
"He's forgiven you. He knows it wasn't your fault, he knew how things worked and he wants you to be happy. That's why he brought you to me. He knew you needed to let go of all this guilt and grief. He doesn't blame you for what happened. I know I never met the man, and yet with what you have said about him I can honestly say he wouldn't be the type to want you to grieve for him, to blame yourself. In fact he would want the opposite, he'd want you to go on with your life, to be happy, find someone else and continue to live and love, that way his death has not been in vain."
 
Zechs looked up through watery, red rimmed eyes into the soft blue of his boyfriend's eyes. The words Treize spoke gave him a small glimmer of hope and he latched onto them. "Why are you so wise?"
 
Treize smiled and tenderly stroked the bangs out of Zechs' eyes. "Not wise, my love, just practical. I know if it had been me and not Robin, I would have wanted you to go on living. You see, by continuing to live and love you are keeping his memory alive, you are showing all of those out there who knew the dark truth that you haven't forgotten, that you will uphold all you and he believed in. You didn't fail him, if anything you are honoring him by continuing to love." Treize leaned in to steal a soft kiss. "And I'm humbled that you chose me to share that love with."
 
A fresh bout of tears fell from Zechs' eyes. The words Treize spoke rang true, breaking through the barriers of guilt and self loathing, wiping them away and replacing them with something more; hope.
 
Treize continued to hold Zechs, knowing the tears would help to cleanse the other man's soul, wash away the hatred. Once Zechs let go of the past he could start to build a proper future, a future Treize hoped he could be a part of.
 
Several more minutes passed and finally the tears began to slow and stop. Sniffles replaced the sobbing as Zechs slumped into his boyfriend's arms, completely drained.
 
"Feel better now?" asked Treize as he managed to pull a handkerchief from his pocket and pass it to the blonde.
 
"Yes, thank you." Zechs took the handkerchief, wiped his face and blew his nose. "I'm sorry about that," he said in a hoarse voice.
 
"No need to apologize, you needed to get it out of your system and I'm pleased I could be here for you to help you." Treize began to feather kisses over the tear streaked face.
 
"You must think I'm an awful sissy, breaking down like that."
 
Treize moved, startling the blonde as he shifted and placed a hand on each of Zechs' cheeks. He cupped the vet's face and stared deep into ice blue. "No! Let's get one thing straight here, Zechs. You never have been nor ever will be a sissy. You are an exceptional man,; kind, forgiving, gentle, patient and more talented than anyone I know. Don't belittle yourself. I'm surprised you haven't broken down before or gone mad with all that bottled up inside. No, you're one beautiful person, Zechs Merquise, and I hope you continue to share yourself with me for I want no-one else but you."
 
Zechs felt the emotion welling inside again, rather than break into fresh tears, Zechs claimed Treize's lips in a harsh kiss, one that spoke of how desperate and thankful he was for the understanding.
 
The kisses soon grew deeper and more intense. Treize needing to show the vet how much he cared for him. Zechs responded, wanting to feel cared for and not condemned. The kisses continued to intensify, tongues began to roam as each man let himself be consumed by the desire of the moment, the need to reassure and be reassured. Treize shifted positions again, drawing Zechs closer to him. His hands began to wander over the hard planes of the vet's back, caressing the warm skin beneath the fabric of the shirt.
 
"Treize... please," moaned Zechs. His body began to heat up as desire flared in his groin. The feeling of Treize against him, the tender touches gifted to his body, the kisses that worshiped his mouth, all driving his need to greater heights. He wanted, no needed to be loved.
 
Reluctantly pulling away, Treize understood what Zechs was asking for and began to rise from the couch. He kept hold of Zechs' hand, pulling the other man to his feet where he kissed him and then led him out of the lounge and along the passage to his bedroom. Entering the bedroom, Treize kissed Zechs again, nipping lightly at the vet's bottom lip as he pulled back a bit and locked gazes, the unspoken question passed between them and Zechs nodded.
 
Clothes became history, creamy skin exposed to sight and touch. Fingers caressed, touched and teased, encouraging nerves to come alive and experience pure pleasure. Silvery blonde hair lay fanned across the bed covers, framing the man lying on it and giving him the appearance of a god, a god Treize wanted to worship to the fullest. He paused in his ministrations to gaze upon Zechs in all his glory.
 
Rich, creamy skin glowed with the flush of arousal, muscle groups stood out, twitching in reaction to the scrutiny. Slender, long legs, parted to allow Treize to sink between them and that glorious manhood stood tall and erect, crowned by a thick, golden patch of wiry hair. Treize allowed himself the luxury of gently running his fingers along the elegant shaft, smiling as the organ jerked and tried to follow the touch. His hand crept lower to cup the heavy balls and roll them softly.
 
Zechs' eyes weren't exactly still. They perused the body of the man before him. Treize was slender but muscular, especially in the thighs, something that came from spending years in the saddle. The upper body was well toned, strong shoulders and broad chest with a dusting of fine hair over it. Zechs dropped his eyes to the juncture of those muscular thighs and took in the sight of his lover.
 
Dark hair accented the groin, Treize's cock rising from the thatch with an almost regal stance. Long and thick, the flared head leaking a little and pulsing with need. Beneath, Treize's balls hung, covered in a fine, downy hair and begging to be played with. Zechs couldn't resist and slipped a hand underneath his lover to trace patterns over the soft skin of Treize's sac, drawing moans of pure need from the rider's mouth.
 
They tormented and teased each other for a while before a slick finger began to penetrate, swirling around a pink entrance and easing inside. A second and then third followed, stretching muscles and preparing the tight heat. A groan issued from Zechs' mouth as Treize found his prostate, whimpers and upward thrusts of his pelvis followed.
 
Lube was slicked along the thick shaft, slender legs raised and spread, offering the prepared pucker. Treize took his time entering, sliding in a little and then withdrawing, easing forth again and then retreating, teasing himself just as much as his blonde lover as he slowly but steadily impaled the vet on his cock. It took all of Treize's self control to stop and give his lover time to adjust to the invasion. His eyes closed as the heat and tightness of Zechs' channel surrounded him, almost driving him mad with the need to move.
 
"Ah, good, so good," murmured Zechs. "More, I need more."
 
Slowly, Treize eased himself out, sliding back until only the head remained inside and then he plunged back in. The heated passage gripped him tightly, hugging around his shaft and bathing him with moist heat.. He moved steadily, rocking his hips and finding his rhythm, driving them both to insanity with his slow, methodical thrusts.
 
The pace was gentle and yet deep, burning to the very core of Zechs' heart and soul. There was no need to rush, they had all the time in the world and Zechs let himself go. Pleasure began to build, searing both of them with its intensity, soft kisses were gifted while each gave and took from the other, their bodies dancing together in perfect harmony. The slow torture increased, each man being driven higher and higher until it was simply a matter of time before they fell over the edge and into oblivion.
 
Treize was the first to surrender to the passion, body going rigid as his seed pulsed from inside. Zechs followed almost immediately, his cock delivering his essence in thick spurts, coating bellies and dripping to the sheets below. Treize continued to thrust lazily for a little while longer, enjoying the ripples of Zechs' passage along his sensitive length that had begun to soften. As the orgasmic high began to fade, Treize allowed himself to slip from inside that sweet passage and shift to lie beside his sated lover. Immediately Zechs turned and cuddled into him, not wanting to lose contact with the warm body of his lover.
 
Wrapping his arms around the vet, Treize drew the man close, his fingers trailing along the creamy skin of Zechs' back. "Are you all right? I didn't hurt you?"
 
Zechs nuzzled his lover's chest. "I'm fine, you didn't hurt me; in fact, that was just what the doctor ordered."
 
"Oh, was it?" Treize mused.
 
"Yeah."
 
They lay together in silence for a while longer before Zechs began to move.
 
"Where are you going?" asked Treize, his voice a little thick with sleep. He'd begun to doze off.
 
"I should get going. We both have work tomorrow." Zechs stopped when he felt a hand wrap around his wrist. He turned back to the man on the bed.
 
"Stay?"
 
Zechs closed his eyes for a moment and then sighed. He really didn't want to be alone tonight. He was tired, emotionally drained and wanted nothing more than to forget the entire day had happened.
 
"Please stay?" Treize repeated the words.
 
Opening his eyes, Zechs looked into the sincere, blue eyes of the rider. "Okay."
 
Treize smiled and then got up off the bed. He pulled the covers back and motioned for Zechs to climb back into bed. The blonde did and Treize crawled back in himself, pulling the covers over them both and then sweeping Zechs into his arms. He pressed a kiss to the other man's lips. "Good night," he whispered. "Trust me, it will all look better in the morning."
 
Zechs couldn't help it, his lips quirked into a small smile. "I hope so," he murmured and lay his head on Treize's chest.
 
Both were quick to fall asleep.
 
* * *
 
Dorothy returned to the sitting room after seeing their guests out. Gathering up the used china, she glanced from time to time at her mistress. Relena was locked in thought. Putting everything back on the tray, Dorothy took a seat for a moment. "Miss Relena? Are you all right?"
 
At the sound of Dorothy's voice, Relena's head jerked up. She'd been so lost in her thoughts she'd forgotten about Dorothy. "I'm sorry, did you say something?"
 
"I asked if you were all right."
 
Relena frowned. "I, I don't know," she replied honestly. "This is all just a bit of a shock. I'm not sure what to think."
 
Dorothy stood and walked over to the couch, placing a hand on her mistress' shoulder. "I'll go make some fresh tea. Once I come back we can talk about all this, if you like?"
 
Relena raised a hand and covered Dorothy's with it. "Thank you, Dorothy. Right now I'm a bit confused, there's so many thoughts whirling around inside that I can't seem to think straight."
 
Patting Relena's shoulder Dorothy smiled. "I think it will help you to sort things out if you do talk about it. I'll go get a fresh pot of tea and then we can talk all you want to."
 
Relena watched as the housekeeper turned, picked up the tray and went out to the kitchen to make a fresh brew. She really did have a lot to think on and maybe discussing things with Dorothy would help her to straighten out her mind. The one thought that kept coming back time and time again was how could her mother have kept all this from her?
 
Dorothy set the kettle to boil and placed a fresh lot of tea leaves into the china teapot. While she waited for the tea to steep, she fetched the bottle of cooking brandy from the cupboard and poured herself a glass. Having swallowed the amber fluid and setting the glass in the sink, she smiled wryly. Treize was right; the taste buds didn't know it was imitation.
 
~ * ~
 
tbc...