Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Time, Fault and Out ❯ Chapter 42 ( Chapter 42 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: I don't own the G'boys, I just borrow them from time to time to play with and return them a whole lot happier, ne? Written for pleasure not profit.
 
Rating: NC 17
 
Pairings: 2x1x2, 3x4
 
Warnings: AU, OOC, Lemon, Yaoi, Angst, Fluff, Sap, Vet themes.
 
Summary: Set 2 years after Equinity. Heero is now riding for the Kushrenada stable as well as attempting to qualify Zero for the Nations Cup team and ultimately his dream of riding at the Olympic games. But life is never an easy ride.
 
Notes: All the information on showjumping, horses, etc is taken from my own knowledge of the sport having been a competitor and now judge for many years and is written from an Australian perspective. The rules and regulations are courtesy of the E.F.A Handbook. (Equestrian Federation of Australia) Should you have any questions just e-mail me.
 
Fic 2 in the "Equine Intervention" Arc.
 
Dedication: To Klingonpoodle who gave me the plot bunny for the first fic and has since supplied my muse with its own plot bunny farm, and to 'Teddy Bear' my own courageous little showjumper whom Zero is based upon.
 
Time, Fault and Out
 
November 2005 ShenLong
 
 
Chapter 42
 
True to his word, Duo went into the bank the next day and paid off the mortgage. He signed the necessary papers, transferred the money across and walked out the bank a 'free' man. Free of debt that was. His footsteps were light as he clutched the receipt and copy of the paperwork, the original deeds and paperwork having been stored at the bank in a safety deposit box.
 
On his way home, his thoughts switched to Heero and the up coming camp. Heero was due to get his cast removed in five days, he would then have a week to work the arm up again before the camp. Being familiar with similar cases, although in animals, Duo knew there would be a certain amount of muscle wastage, not to mention weakness in the arm. Being ever analytical, Duo's mind switched to ways in which Heero could possibly strengthen his arm in the short space of time. He really couldn't come up with anything other than time and exercise. Heero would need to start the arm off slowly if he wanted to avoid any further complications. Duo could only hope that Heero would be capable of riding and controlling Zero.
 
But Heero was a skilled rider and Duo didn't doubt those skills.
 
All this thinking was beginning to give him a headache.
 
Driving down the driveway and into the parking area behind the house, Duo's face broke into a grin when he spotted a familiar car. "Quatre," Duo called out as he brought the car to a stop and turned off the engine.
 
"Hi, Duo," replied Quatre as he walked over to the car.
 
"Good to see you again. Is this a social call or business?"
 
"I guess you could call it a social business call," returned Quatre.
 
Duo scratched his head. "Uh, care to explain?"
 
Quatre laughed. "Jet is due for her shots."
 
"Ah."
 
"Trowa thought you might like to see her as well, see how she's getting on now."
 
"I'd love too," replied Duo. His mind flitted back to the black Labrador he'd discovered starving in a back shed when called out to assist Quatre on an R.S.P.C.A. case.
 
"Trowa's up at the surgery, Hilde's doing the consult. His appointment was eleven thirty so he should be just about finished," Quatre said as he looked at his watch.
 
"Is he coming down to the house afterwards?"
 
"Yep."
 
"Come on then, I'll go put the kettle on and we can have a chat while we wait. Heero's gone over to Treize's, something about a new horse Treize has got so he will be home after lunch."
 
Quatre followed Duo to the house and made himself comfortable whilst waiting for Trowa.
 
* * *
 
Heero eyed the blood bay that Treize was showing him. The horse was only young, three years to be exact and had a rather gangly frame.
 
"What do you think, Heero?" Treize asked as he stood the horse up.
 
"He's got a big frame on him, plenty of heart room," replied Heero as he ran a critical eye over the colt.
 
"His front end could be a little better, but he's got tremendous power in the hind quarters," stated Treize.
 
"I'd be interested to see him once he matures and fills out a little." Heero stood back and took a good look at the colt. Standing around sixteen two, the horse seemed to be all legs and nothing else. Heero's experienced eye could pick out the sloping shoulder, short back and well sprung ribs. The hind end was large, showing that the horse would have tremendous muscle power once those muscles developed. The hocks were low with strong gaskins and short cannon bones. The eye was calm, showing intelligence, but with a spark there as well, a spark Heero knew was needed in a good competition horse.
 
"I'm hoping he will be my future Olympic mount," replied Treize as he led the colt back to the paddock and turned him loose.
 
"Where did you get him from and has he done anything yet?"
 
"I bought him through Zechs. He knew someone who had to sell up his stock, not sure why and I didn't ask. Zechs had been out there treating a horse when this guy mentioned he was going to be selling off all his horses and asked Zechs if he could pass the word around. Zechs took a look at what he had and spotted this fellow. He thought of me and mentioned it to me. I went out and had a look. He's not broken yet, only ground work and lungeing but his paces are good and I watched him lunge over a couple of fences. He's got a lot of ability so I'm hoping he will work out okay."
 
"He's certainly got all the requirements physically," said Heero. "What's his temperament like?"
 
"Good to handle on the ground, calm and responsive. He's not nasty or mean, but he will try you out to see what he can get away with."
 
Heero laughed. The colt reminded him of Shini in a lot of ways. "Good luck with him then."
 
Heero followed Treize back to the stable block and stood to the side while Treize got Tall Geese ready to work. His eyes followed the older man as he tacked up and he couldn't hide the wistfulness in them.
 
Treize didn't miss it either. "When does the cast come off?"
 
"Five days."
 
"I'll bet you can't wait to get back in the saddle."
 
"Too true," said Heero. "I've missed riding and while I'm grateful to both you and Duo for keeping Zero fit for me, it's not the same."
 
"I know exactly what you mean, Heero. You'll need to be careful though when you first start back, that arm is going to be weak for a while."
 
"I know. I'm already figuring out ways I can strengthen it without overdoing it. I'll need to be as strong as I can with the camp and all, especially if I want to be selected."
 
"Just don't go doing too much with it to start with. There will always be other selections, other competitions, but there's only one you, Heero."
 
Heero gave a rueful smile. "I've already had that talk from Duo."
 
Treize laughed.
 
* * *
 
Trowa came down to the house once he'd finished at the surgery with Jet. The black lab was overjoyed to see Duo and promptly covered him in wet, sloppy kisses. Duo was equally pleased to see the lab again.
 
"He's certainly put on a lot of weight, Trowa You wouldn't think he was the same dog," laughed Duo as he tried to dodge the dog's attempts to give him a tongue bath.
 
Trowa smiled, a pleased look on his face.
 
"He'd want to have put on weight, all the good food and pampering that Trowa bestows on him," said Quatre.
 
"Ohh, someone a little jealous that they're missing out on attention?" teased Duo.
 
Quatre snorted.
 
"I did warn you, Quat. He's got his paw in the door and it wouldn't be long before he was in the bedroom as well."
 
Quatre went red.
 
"I knew it! He is in the bedroom!"
 
"He has his own basket!" retorted Quatre.
 
"Oh, yeah," Duo winked. "That's what they all say. I'll bet he's on that bed any chance he gets."
 
Quatre huffed and went a deeper shade of red. He really didn't enjoy being teased, especially when Duo's comments were a lot closer to the truth than he cared to admit. True, Jet did have his basket in their bedroom. But Quatre didn't want to admit that the dog tried to sneak onto the bed any chance he got.
 
Sensing his partner's discomfort, Trowa changed the subject. "I hear you've been having a little fun and games yourself, Duo."
 
"Eh?"
 
"A woman by the name of Peacecraft?"
 
"Ah. You could say that."
 
"Care to share?"
 
Duo eyed his companions and shrugged. It wasn't as if they didn't know the rough details anyway, news like his traveled fast in a small town. He was just thankful it had all been settled out of court and thus many people figured that it had all been just an elaborate ploy of some sort. There were those of course who believed the rumor mill, and those who couldn't give a damn. Duo was just grateful that the majority didn't seem to care either way. "I should have known you would have heard the rumors by now."
 
"It's a little hard not to in this place," replied Trowa.
 
Duo replenished their mugs and began the tale. When he'd finished, both Trowa and Quatre were staring wide eyed at him.
 
"Well, I'll be," said Quatre. "That's quite a story, Duo. It must have been something really influential to get Miss Peacecraft to change her mind, not to mention admit she was wrong."
 
"I wonder what it was?" mused Trowa.
 
"I wouldn't have a clue. She didn't go into details and frankly, I don't care. At least she's given me an apology, admitted what she did was wrong and has agreed to leave Heero and myself alone from now on."
 
"Good for you, Duo. If I may ask, how has it affected your business?" asked Quatre. He was genuinely curious to know, given society's reaction and treatment to homosexuals, especially since Trowa and himself were involved in a relationship of their own.
 
Duo shrugged. "I can't say it hasn't affected it, although not as much as it could have. Yes, I've lost a few clients because of it, but generally speaking the majority of my clients have stuck by me and continue to bring their animals for me to treat. Most of them don't seem to have an opinion on it and a handful of others have offered congratulations. On the whole I think society may be changing its attitude a little."
 
"Well, that's a good thing then," replied Trowa.
 
"So, are you two going to come out of the closet then and announce your relationship to the township?" snickered Duo.
 
Quatre almost choked on his tea, Trowa hid behind his hair, his face turning bright red.
 
"I think the township has enough to gossip over without adding us to the menu," replied Quatre once he'd managed to get air back into his lungs.
 
Duo couldn't help it, he laughed and shook his head. "Actually, I'd have to agree with you there, Quat. I think most of the town currently has you pegged as dating Catherine."
 
"What?!"
 
Even Trowa looked amused.
 
"How do you figure that? What are they saying?" Quatre asked, rolling his eyes.
 
"Oh, you know, the usual. The three of you happen to be quite close, you're spending a lot of time at Trowa's, staying overnight and such. Catherine is usually there. I think they're putting two and two together and coming up with Quatre and Catherine."
 
True, Quatre did spend a lot of time at Trowa's, mainly due to the line of work he was in. Trowa took a lot of the cases Quatre worked on and rehabilitated them before finding new homes for the animals. It just so happened that they were also lovers, the one thing not many people knew. With the arrival of Catherine, Trowa's sister, many people speculated on a relationship between Quatre and Catherine. Well, that was fine with Quatre. "I think I'll let them continue to believe what they want, at least it will provide a sort of cover for the truth," replied Quatre.
 
"I don't blame you," Duo grinned.
 
The sound of Heero's car pulling up distracted them and moments later, Heero walked inside. Conversation switched to Heero and how he was looking forward to getting back in the saddle, the approaching selection and Treize's new horse.
 
After another hour of chatting, Trowa and Quatre made their farewells, leaving the pair alone. Once their company was gone, Heero asked Duo how he'd fared at the bank. Duo gave a big grin and proudly showed Heero the paperwork that stated he was now the owner of the property, incorporating all buildings, land and chattels. Heero was just as excited for his boyfriend and showed Duo exactly how much by kissing him senseless.
 
* * *
 
The dawn chorus of birds reached Heero's ears and he blinked his eyes open, beside him, Duo continued to snore softly. Heero glanced at the clock: 6.05 glared back at him. Averting his eyes from the clock, Heero snuggled back down under the covers, cuddling up to Duo's warm body and inhaling the scent of his lover. He closed his eyes again and tried to drift back off to sleep for a little while longer. He didn't have to get up for another hour yet and couldn't figure out why he'd woken so early. As sleep began to tinge the fringes of his mind so the reason for his early waking struck him.
 
Today was the day he would get his cast removed and be able to ride again.
 
With that thought filling his mind, Heero was unable to fall back asleep again.
 
He really didn't want to get up either. His appointment wasn't until one that afternoon and once he was up and about, Heero knew the time would drag, it always did when you were waiting for something. He lay in the bed, enjoying the feel of Duo's warm body pressed against him and once more thanked whatever deity was responsible for him meeting the long haired vet. Since meeting Duo and becoming involved with the charming man, Heero's entire life had changed - for the better.
 
The subtle stirring of his partner drew Heero from his thoughts and he stared down into sleepy violet. "Morning, Duo."
 
"Morning, Heero." Duo yawned. "What time is it?"
 
Heero glanced at the clock again. "Six thirty."
 
"Ack, too early," Duo huffed and snuggled up to Heero.
 
Heero chuckled softly.
 
"How come you're awake this early?" muttered Duo. He was too comfortable to move.
 
"Guess I'm excited about getting this damn cast off at last."
 
"That's right, today is 'C' day."
 
"'C' day?" inquired Heero.
 
"Cast day," snickered Duo.
 
"Aa." Heero closed his eyes briefly.
 
"You know that arm is going to take a while to gain its strength back."
 
"Yeah, I know."
 
Duo burrowed deeper into the bed clothes. "You'll have to take it easy with it and build it up slowly."
 
"You reading me the riot act again, mom?"
 
"Not exactly. I've been doing some thinking though on ways you can strengthen that arm without overtaxing it."
 
"And?"
 
"Have you thought about swimming?"
 
"Eh?"
 
"Swimming, Heero. It's a good way to exercise pretty much all the muscles in your body and being in water it won't strain your arm as much as lifting weights would."
 
"Who said I was going to be lifting weights?"
 
"I know you, Heero."
 
Heero had to admit he'd given the thought of weights some serious consideration. Only problem was, they didn't have any which meant he'd need to join a gym or something. Either that or restack the hay bales, feed bags and anything else he could get his hands on. Now that Duo mentioned it, swimming seemed to be a much better option.
 
"The town pool is about a ten minute drive from here. We could go there each day and do a few laps."
 
"You'd come with me?" asked Heero.
 
"Of course," Duo snorted. "You don't think I would let you loose in the local swimming pool half naked with all those lusting females, now do you?"
 
"I won't have to worry about lusting females once they get an eyeful of you in your speedos," retorted Heero with a snicker.
 
"Who said I wear speedos?"
 
"I've seen them in your drawer when I've put the laundry away."
 
"Oh." Duo gave a sheepish grin and rolled over. "Guess I'd better be getting up," he said, changing the subject.
 
Heero wasn't silly, he knew it was a ploy to get out of an awkward situation. He reached out and grabbed Duo's wrist. "Thanks, Duo. I think swimming would be a good way to strengthen the arm again and I'm pleased you would come with me. Besides, I think the arm would get a much better workout fighting off the women determined to molest you once they see you in those obscene things."
 
Duo cocked an eyebrow. "I guess you'd rather have me wearing something neck to knee, like they did years ago?"
 
"You better believe it. Mine!" Heero growled and then lunged at his partner, tackling the vet back to the bed where he proceeded to ravish Duo's mouth.
 
Duo squirmed under the onslaught and then went limp as he was kissed into oblivion. "Mmm. Now that's what I call a nice way to wake up," he said as he lay there, panting.
 
Smirking, Heero got up and smacked Duo's boxer covered rear. Duo yelped. "Time to get moving. There's horses to be fed and put out, stables to be cleaned and me to have breakfast."
 
"And who made you the master?" Duo grumbled, but there was a smile on his face. Heero didn't tease like this very often so it was good to see him having a little fun.
 
"I did," smirked Heero. "Now rise and get about your duties."
 
"I'll give you duties," Duo growled and then pounced.
 
Heero found himself up against the bedroom wall, a hungry vet pressed against him and his mouth being raped by Duo's while hips ground together. He moaned and closed his eyes, pushing his pelvis back against the vet's and seeking friction for the excitement that was stirring between his legs.
 
The kiss broke and Duo stared mischievously into Heero's blue eyes. "I gotta get moving," he said and walked off to the shower, swaying his hips as he went.
 
Still pressed against the wall, a glazed look in his eyes, Heero watched that taunting ass as it sashayed away. He groaned. Payback was a bitch.
 
* * *
 
"Stop fidgeting."
 
"I'm not fidgeting."
 
"Yes, you are."
 
"No, I'm not."
 
"Then what would you call it?"
 
"Subtle exercising of muscles?"
 
"In other words, fidgeting." Duo rolled his eyes. "It won't be much longer, Heero."
 
"I hope not," Heero replied. He wasn't too comfortable in hospitals, well, the human kind that was, the animal ones were fine with him, especially when they had a certain long haired vet in them. It had seemed like hours since he'd woken this morning. He'd done his best to make the time go by as quickly as possible, but it hadn't worked. By ten o'clock he'd been pacing the lounge room floor, by eleven he'd had his shower and was ready to go. By twelve, Duo had been ready to throttle him. Now they had been sitting in the outpatient section of the Salsbury Memorial Hospital for thirty minutes and no sign of anything happening. Heero looked at the clock again. One ten. Why were hospitals always running late?
 
"Mr Yuy?"
 
Heero looked up when the nurse called his name. He stood, Duo beside him and walked over. "I'm Heero Yuy."
 
"Follow me please." The nurse turned and walked through a set of double doors, Heero hot on her heels and Duo right behind.
 
The nurse took them down a long corridor, passing several doors on their way. Eventually she stopped and opened a door. "Wait in here, please. Doctor Marsh will be with you shortly." The nurse placed a folder on the small bench and left.
 
Heero walked over to the small bed and climbed on, Duo sat in the chair next to it and gazed around. It was your average examination room, bench to the side containing various supplies, hospital bed for the patient, light above it and an oxygen connection point and mask on the wall.
 
"I hope the doctor isn't too long," said Heero in an attempt to lighten the tension he was feeling.
 
"Shouldn't be," replied Duo absently. He had consults that evening, but they didn't start until five so he still had plenty of time up his sleeve. Just in case, he'd asked Hilde to be available to fill in for him if they were delayed for any reason.
 
Heero sighed - and began to fidget again.
 
"I spy..."
 
"Pardon?" Heero turned and stared at Duo.
 
"I spy. It's a game, Heero."
 
"I know what it is," replied Heero a little irritably.
 
"I just thought it might make the time go a little quicker."
 
Heero shook his head.
 
* * *
 
"Basket."
 
"No."
 
"Bowl."
 
"No."
 
"Bedpan."
 
"Ewww!" Duo scrunched his face up in disgust, Heero snickered.
 
The door opened and both men immediately forgot their game. "Mr Yuy? I'm Doctor Marsh." A tall, slightly balding man stepped into the room and picked up the folder.
 
"Hi, Doc," Heero replied.
 
"I see here that you're due to have that cast removed today."
 
"Yes."
 
The doctor read through the file notes and then put the folder down and approached Heero. He asked a few questions while he checked the cast over. Straightening up and obviously happy with the answers to his questions, the doctor made a couple of notes in the file and then opened up one of the cupboards under the bench, retrieving what looked like an angle grinder to Heero. "Okay. If you can move slightly this way..." The doctor positioned Heero on the bed and then propped the arm up with a pillow.
 
"Right. I need you to remain completely still while I remove the cast. This won't hurt at all but it will be a bit noisy."
 
"Okay." Heero flashed Duo a look that clearly said he wasn't too comfortable with having such a tool near his arm.
 
Duo tried to give his lover a reassuring smile. The device was really nothing more than a simple saw, he had one similar back at the practice for the same use. Used correctly there was no danger to the patient at all.
 
The doctor plugged the 'saw' in and turned it on.
 
Heero shivered and did his best to remain still. The noise wasn't that loud, but the vibrations that passed through his arm as the doc began to run it along the length of the plaster cast caused a small amount of fear to trickle through his system. He took a deep breath and focused on his lover.
 
Duo moved as close as possible without exposing the fact that they were involved. He placed a comforting hand on Heero's shoulder and squeezed lightly. "It won't take long and it won't touch your skin," he said in quiet reassurance.
 
Heero turned his gaze to Duo's, silently thanking his boyfriend for the support.
 
The doctor was quick, sliding the saw down the length of the cast and keeping just enough pressure on it to cut through the plaster but not penetrate any deeper. After a few minutes he switched the saw off, unplugged it and lay it back on the bench. He returned to his patient, looking at the long line he'd just cut. "Now comes the tough part," he said, his eyes twinkling.
 
"Tough part?" questioned Heero.
 
"Yes. Now we need to get it off."
 
"Ah."
 
Duo snickered. "He's teasing you, Heero."
 
"Oh." Heero frowned.
 
The doctor laughed and reached for the plaster cast. "All we have to do now is pull the two pieces apart." The doctor grasped each side of the cut plaster and began to pry it open. The plaster parted easily, the gauze dressing underneath allowing it to separate from Heero's flesh with ease. Once the cast was off, the doctor began to examine Heero's arm, particularly the area where the stitches had been from his operation to have the plate inserted. He smiled, pleased with the way the wound had healed. "Good," he said. "I'll send the nurse in to wash down your arm and then I want you to go get an x-ray so I can see how well the bone has knitted."
 
"What if it hasn't?" Heero asked, doing his best to mask the fear.
 
"If it hasn't then we will need to put another cast on and wait a few more weeks."
 
Heero swallowed. He really didn't want or need another cast, dammit!
 
"I'll be back shortly." The doctor left and went in search of the nurse.
 
"Don't worry, Heero. I'm sure the bone has healed," Duo said in an attempt to cheer his lover up. "It's rare that a bone doesn't heal."
 
"I don't care if it has or it hasn't. I'm going to be back in the saddle today regardless." Heero's jaw set in a stubborn line.
 
Duo sighed. He'd anticipated this but opted to remain quiet for now. He could cross that bridge if and when it happened.
 
The nurse returned, washed Heero's arm down and then took them down to x-ray. Heero couldn't help but scratch from time to time causing Duo to snicker. Heero ignored the vet, his arm had been itching on and off for weeks and it felt really good to be able to scratch it at last. He flexed his fingers, worked the elbow joint a few times, the stiffness making movement a little painful. He also noted the paleness of the skin. He'd have to get out in the sun a bit and see if he couldn't get it to tan again, he'd look quite silly with one brown arm and one white.
 
The x-rays were duly taken and both men went back to the small treatment room to await the doctor again. He wasn't long, bustling back in ten minutes after Heero and Duo had returned. He walked over to the screen on the wall and slotted the x-rays onto it, then flicked the switch.
 
Duo gave a low whistle as he studied the picture. Heero didn't really have much of a clue what he was looking at.
 
"Can you read x-rays?" the doctor asked, looking specifically at Duo.
 
"Pretty much," replied Duo. "I'm a vet and the human skeleton isn't all that much different to some animals."
 
"Ah. You can see here where the break was, and that of course is the plate and the pins..."
 
"Excuse me?"
 
Duo and Doctor Marsh turned to see an irate Heero glaring at them both from the bed.
 
"Remember me? I'm the patient here."
 
"Of course, Mr Yuy. My apologies." The doctor began to explain to Heero exactly what he was seeing on the x-ray, pointing out the various parts as he spoke of them. "It looks as if everything is fine with the break. The plate and pins are of course still there and will remain there for about another six to twelve months. After that I'd say they can be removed as the bone will have strengthened enough not to require their support any longer."
 
"Better not go through any metal detectors, Heero," Duo snickered.
 
Heero ignored his lover. "Does this mean I'm all clear to return to work now?"
 
"What sort of work is it you do, Mr Yuy?"
 
"I ride horses."
 
"Ah. I can't foresee any problems with you riding, provided you take things easy for a while. That arm has been immobile for several weeks and there's a certain amount of muscle wastage. It will take a while for the strength to build back up to what it was before and the arm will always be a little on the weaker side than the other owing to the break. I'd like you to attend some physiotherapy sessions, they will help to regain the movement and build up the arm again."
 
"Fine." Heero was ready to agree to anything just as long as it meant he could get back in the saddle again.
 
"Right. I'll go and organize for a physio to contact you and make arrangements for your treatment. If you would care to put your shirt back on, you can wait for me in the outpatient waiting room. I'll be through shortly with the paperwork you need to sign and any other relative information."
 
The pair returned to the waiting room, Doctor Marsh showing up within the space of a few minutes. Heero signed the forms he needed to and took the contact details of the physiotherapist, putting the small business card inside his wallet. He shook hands with the doctor, thanking him for his time and almost ran out of the hospital, much to Duo's amusement.
 
"You're eager to be getting back home, Heero," Duo teased as he unlocked the car and Heero climbed in.
 
"I just... I don't like hospitals, okay?"
 
"But you're fine back at the practice and that's a hospital."
 
"It's an animal hospital, Duo," Heero growled.
 
"If you ask me, some of the patients in there didn't look to be much better than animals," Duo chuckled.
 
Heero rolled his eyes. "Just take me home, please?"
 
"Okay." Duo ceased his teasing for a moment. "You sure it's just the hospital that's the reason you want to get home in such a hurry?" Duo knew full well that Heero was itching to get back on his beloved horse.
 
"Zero needs to be worked."
 
"Heero..."
 
Heero knew what was coming and he wasn't about to sit back and take it. "Duo, I know what you're thinking and believe me I won't be taking any risks. The arm still isn't fully functional and I don't intend to over do it. I just want to work Zero on the flat. I'll try jumping him in a couple of days, once the arm has settled a bit more."
 
Duo gave a sheepish grin. "I'm sorry if I sound like a mother hen, but I'm only concerned for you. I don't want to see you back in plaster again."
 
"I know, and I appreciate it, Duo. Zero's not silly, he'll be good and won't try anything on."
 
If only Heero knew how true those words were and exactly how 'good' Zero would be.
 
~ * ~
 
tbc...