Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Time, Fault and Out ❯ Chapter 49 ( Chapter 49 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: I don't own the G'boys, I just borrow them from time to time to play with and return them a whole lot happier, ne? Written for pleasure not profit.
 
Rating: NC 17
 
Pairings: 1x2x1, 3x4
 
Warnings: AU, OOC, Lemon, Yaoi, Angst, Fluff, Sap, Vet themes.
 
Summary: Set 2 years after Equinity. Heero is now riding for the Kushrenada stable as well as attempting to qualify Zero for the Nations Cup team and ultimately his dream of riding at the Olympic games. But life is never an easy ride.
 
Notes: All the information on showjumping, horses, etc is taken from my own knowledge of the sport having been a competitor and now judge for many years and is written from an Australian perspective. The rules and regulations are courtesy of the E.F.A Handbook. (Equestrian Federation of Australia). Should you have any questions just e-mail me.
 
Fic 2 in the "Equine Intervention" Arc.
 
Dedication: To Klingonpoodle who gave me the plot bunny for the first fic and has since supplied my muse with its own plot bunny farm, and to 'Teddy Bear' my own courageous little showjumper whom Zero is based upon.
 
 
"Time, Fault and Out"
 
November. 2005 ShenLong
 
Chapter 49
 
"The team to represent Australia in the Nations cup will be as follows; Alex and Firefox, Treize and Tall Geese, Zoe and Periwinkle..."
 
Heero and Alan held their collective breath.
 
"Heero and Zero."
 
With Prescott's words, Heero let go a breath he hadn't been aware of holding, his heart hammered in his chest and a trickle of sweat ran down his spine. For a moment there he thought he would faint. The words began to sink home. He'd been selected, Zero had made the team; they were going to Sydney to represent their country. A grin began to form on his face as he turned to Duo.
 
Duo had also been holding his breath and almost pulled his braid to shreds while waiting for the announcement. When Heero's name was read out it was all he could do not to yell his excitement and grab his partner in a bear hug. Instead he turned to meet Heero's gaze, his eyes alive with joy.
 
"I made it," Heero said in a whisper, the reality still sinking in.
 
Duo grinned from ear to ear. "Yes, you did, Heero. You deserved it too, Zero has been such a good boy and you've worked damn hard for this. God, I'm so proud of you!" Duo wanted to kiss his lover to show him just how proud he was, but it would have to wait.
 
"Congratulations, Heero." Treize watched the various emotions play over Heero's face when the announcement was made with mild amusement. He'd never doubted for a minute that Heero wouldn't make the team.
 
"Thanks, Treize. Congratulations to you too." Heero offered his hand and the pair shook.
 
"Yes, congratulations, Treize," Duo said, the grin on his face almost stretching from ear to ear as he shook the other man's hand.
 
Around the room similar congratulations, along with commiserations to Alan, were taking place. Heero and Treize were quick to join in. Once the reality had begun to set in a bit and the noise slowing to a low roar, Noin clapped her hands and called for silence. Immediately everyone shut up and faced the team coach.
 
"Firstly let me congratulate you four on being selected. Alan, believe me when I say, this hasn't been an easy selection and the board would like you to be available as a reserve rider should one of the four representatives fall ill or for whatever reason be unable to compete."
 
"Thank you," Alan replied. Although he was disappointed at not having made the final team, there was always next time and being considered as the reserve rider should the need arise was still an honor.
 
"For the rest of you, the cup is in four weeks at the State Equestrian Center, Sydney. As you may or may not know, it is being held in conjunction with the Equestrian games this year and therefore there will be an extensive week of equestrian activities and competitions going on. Right now though, you've all had an exhausting week and I'm sure you're all looking forward to going home and relaxing for a couple of days. I will be in touch with all of you in about a week's time to advise you of the details and all the information you will need for the cup competition. Again, thank you all for attending this camp and congratulations." Noin stepped to the side amid applause from the riders and grooms alike before leaving the room with Dermail and Prescott.
 
"That's it for now then?" Duo asked, his grin still firmly in place.
 
"That's it," Treize replied.
 
"What now?" Heero said, the smile on his face still present, as was the feeling of euphoria.
 
"Now we go home, take a couple of days off and then get stuck back into the routine of keeping our horses and ourselves fit for the cup." Treize gave a soft laugh at the bewildered looks on both mens' faces. "Noin will be in touch over the next few days. You can expect to get a letter in the mail, along with a thick stack of papers. That will explain to you where in Sydney we are to be, what day, what stables and accommodation has been organized as well as a list of the events being held during the course of the week."
"Does that mean we will be there for the entire week then?" Heero asked.
 
"Not really. The games actually only run for four days. The first day is a sort of unofficial welcome, and opening. The following day signals the start of competition and activities; the Nations cup is held over the last two days."
 
"Aa."
 
Duo was doing mental calculations in his head. "I guess that means we will be away from home for about eight days."
 
Heero quirked an eyebrow.
 
"Two days traveling there, four days at the show and then two days traveling back home."
 
"I'd say that's pretty close, Duo," Treize said. "You know you're more than welcome to float Zero down with Goose and Duck in my trailer if you like."
 
"Thanks, Treize. I'll think about it." While Heero appreciated the offer from Treize, he felt safer if he towed his own horse and float.
 
"Offer's there," Treize said again as he stood up. "I'd better get going and get Goose and Duck sorted out. There's a lot of stuff to pack and Joe's still got to get his gear packed up from staying this week. I'll call you in a couple of days, Heero."
 
"Thanks. Treize?"
 
Treize paused. "Yes?"
 
"When do you want me back at work?"
 
Treize smiled. "After the Nations cup, Heero. Concentrate on that first and then once it's over you can return to work."
 
The rest of the riders and grooms had begun to leave, Heero and Duo filed out and headed for the stables. Heero was tired, all the stress of the past week catching up with him and he was looking forward to getting home and having that long, hot bath. Between the two of them they managed to get all the gear to fit inside Henrietta; no mean feat in Duo's opinion.
 
With the gear all stowed, Heero led Zero out and into the waiting horse float, Duo throwing up the tail gate behind them and securing it. Heero stepped out through the small door in the front and slid the small bolt home. Climbing into the driver's seat, Heero did up his seat belt, Duo mimicking his actions on the passenger side and they were off.
 
Neither man spoke much on the drive back to the practice, Hero was concentrating on driving while Duo gazed out the window figuring out in his mind how to organize his practice to survive for eight days without him, not to mention getting someone to take care of Shini and Scythe while they were gone.
 
* * *
 
Pulling into the stable yard, Heero had barely had chance to turn off the engine when Hilde, Catherine, Trowa and Quatre appeared out of the stable block and swooped on them.
 
"Did you make it?"
 
"Were you selected?"
 
"Who's in the team?"
 
"Did Treize get in?"
 
All four questions were fired off simultaneously by four different mouths. Duo laughed and Heero chuckled at the obvious excitement and anticipation of the four. Getting out of the car, Heero waited for Duo to step around Henrietta and join him, his arm automatically winding around Duo's waist. He looked at the four eager faces before him and cleared his throat.
 
"Treize made the team," he paused. "So did I."
 
"Yes!"
 
"I knew you would."
 
"Congratulations!"
 
"Heero, that's wonderful!"
 
Heero found himself being slapped on the back, hugged and kissed all at the same time by his overjoyed friends. Zero broke the moment by giving an indignant whinny from inside the float.
 
"I think someone's jealous," chuckled Duo as he slipped out of their group of happy friends and went to the horse float to unload Zero.
 
Everyone pitched in to help unpack the car, put the gear away and settle Zero for the night. Heero was touched to see that Trowa and Quatre had already brought Scythe and Shini in, Zero basked in all the attention he was getting, carrots appearing from all directions and the stallion happily scoffed them down, submitting to the pats for as long as the carrots kept coming.
 
Eventually Duo managed to drag his lover away from the stables, the other four following them to the house. Hilde and Catherine had closed the practice early so they could be there to congratulate, or commiserate as the case may be, with Heero when he got back. There hadn't been much booked in and Hilde had gotten through the consults in record time.
 
Sitting around the kitchen table, Quatre produced a bottle of champagne and opened it, pouring the bubbly liquid into six glasses and handing one to every person. He raised his glass and called for silence.
 
"Here's to Heero and Zero. Congratulations on making it into the team. May you have the best of luck and bring home the cup for Australia." Quatre tipped his glass and took a sip.
 
"Hear, hear," the rest of the group murmured and raised their glasses, taking a drink.
 
Heero looked around at his friends and stood up. Five faces turned to him in expectation. "Firstly, I'd like to thank you all for being my friends, for supporting Zero and myself in our endeavor to represent our country. Secondly, I'd like to thank Zero. He's one heck of a horse and he gave me all he had today. Lastly," Heero swallowed and his eyes sought out Duo's, softening with love as they found violet. "Lastly, I'd like to thank Duo. Without his love and support I don't think I would have been as successful as I have been. His constant presence, encouraging me, helping me, both physically and emotionally is what's enabled me to succeed. This achievement is as much his as mine. I love you, Duo." Heero raised his glass and took a drink.
 
Duo felt the lump wedge in his throat, his heart hammering in his chest as he listened to Heero's words. Tears pricked at the back of his eyes and he blinked them away. He returned the loving gaze with a gentle smile, stood up and removed the glass from Heero's hand, setting it on the table with his own. Then he took Heero's cheeks softly in his hands. "I love you too, Heero," he whispered and then kissed Heero as deeply as he could.
 
"Awww, that's so sweet," murmured Hilde and rested her head on Catherine's shoulder as she smiled at the pair still locked at the lip.
 
Quatre also smiled at the couple, his eyes misting slightly and his hand sought out Trowa's. Fingers entwined and Trowa gave his partner's hand a loving squeeze.
 
Breaking for air and realizing the sudden silence that surrounded them, Duo blushed and sat down again, embarrassment in his eyes. Heero also flushed red, a dazed look in his eyes with the intensity of the kiss he'd just been bestowed. He swallowed and tried to think of something to say to break the silence that had descended on the group. He was saved from his dilemma though by Trowa.
 
"Now that's what I call a proper congratulation."
 
* * *
 
The four friends left after another hour and the bottle of champagne had been consumed. Heero had been touched by the love and support shown to him by their friends, he'd never dreamt he would have such wonderful people in his life. He was brought back from his musings by a gentle touch to his arm and he looked around to find Duo smiling at him.
 
"Happy thoughts?" Duo questioned.
 
"Of course," Heero replied as he pulled his partner into his lap and wound his arms around the vet. "I still can't believe that after all these years of trying, I've finally made the grade, been selected to ride with the Australian flag on my saddle blanket. It's a dream come true."
 
"And a dream that you really deserve, Heero. You've worked really hard for this and I'm so happy for you." Duo tucked his head under Heero's chin and savored the warmth of his lover's embrace.
 
"I couldn't have done it without you, Duo." Heero placed a kiss to the top of Duo's head.
 
"Aww, stop with the mushy stuff, you'll have me sniffling like a girl in a minute."
 
Heero laughed.
 
"How about that long soak in the tub you were muttering about earlier?"
 
Heero sighed. "That would be heaven."
 
"Come on then, I'll wash your back if you wash mine," Duo said with a wicked grin as he stood up.
 
"You sure there's room in the tub for both of us?" Heero queried with a raised eyebrow.
 
"There will be if you sit on my lap."
 
"Ohh, camp's over now..."
 
"Exactly," Duo said with a lustful smirk. "You've been riding Zero all week, I think it's time you rode me now."
 
Heero shivered.
 
* * *
 
Treize placed the glass of red wine down on the table and went to answer the summons of the doorbell. His face lit up as he spied the person standing on the other side. "Zechs!"
 
"Good to see you, Treize," the blonde vet replied with a smile.
 
"Come in, come in," Treize said as he opened the door wider to admit the other man, then closed it behind him.
 
"I hope I'm not intruding."
 
"Never." Treize took the vet's coat and hung it up. Turning back around he stepped forward and enveloped the tall blonde in his arms, searching for and finding ruby lips which he proceeded to thoroughly kiss. Breaking the kiss he stepped back and held the vet at arms length. "Let me look at you for a moment," Treize said softly.
 
Zechs blushed, but allowed his lover the small request.
 
You're just as gorgeous as I remember."
 
"Treize! You only saw me a couple of days ago!"
 
"I know, but it feels like a lifetime. I've missed you."
 
"I've missed you too," Zechs replied softly and then asked the question that had been on the tip of his tongue ever since he'd arrived. "Did you make the team?"
 
Treize smiled. "Yes."
 
"Great! Congratulations!" Zechs leaned close and kissed his lover deeply. "What about Heero?" he asked when they broke apart.
 
"Heero also made the team."
 
"That's wonderful news." Zechs' eyes were shining as he spoke.
 
"Come through to the lounge and share a drink with me and I'll tell you all about it," said Treize and turned to lead the way, holding onto Zechs' hand.
 
Sitting next to his lover on the couch, Zechs sipped at the red wine, the alcohol slipping down his throat easily and setting a warmth spreading through his system. Treize told him all about the day's activities, the courses they'd had to jump and then the final selection.
 
"When is the cup being held again?" Zechs asked as he set his glass down and snuggled deeper into the other man's arms, his hand dropping to caress Treize's thigh.
 
"Four weeks time, in Sydney," replied Treize, his voice a little husky.
 
"Hmmm."
 
"You think you might be able to make it for the cup competition? It's held on the last two days." Treize let his own fingers wander over the muscled back of the vet, the soft cotton of the shirt adding a slight fiction to the touch.
 
"I sure hope to. I've got a few days holiday owing to me so if you can give me specific dates, I'll put in my application at work to take my holidays then."
 
"That would be wonderful," Treize said and then moaned softly as Zechs' fingers found the hardening bulge of his groin.
 
"Take me to bed and show me just how wonderful," Zechs murmured in a low purr.
 
"It would be my pleasure."
 
* * *
 
"Oh, Heero," Duo groaned as Heero ran his teasing fingers over Duo's stiff length. The water around them sloshed as Duo removed his fingers from Heero's backside to grasp the rider's hips, steadying his lover as Heero released Duo's cock and positioned himself over his lover's tip.
 
"Love you," Heero said and sealed their mouths as he began to lower himself onto Duo's rigid length.
 
"Ahhh," moaned Duo.
 
Heero's passage was tight and hot, the muscles gripping Duo's length firmly as he slid slowly inside Heero's body. It was a tight fit and Duo was biting his lip and gritting his teeth in an effort not to come as he finally seated himself completely in Heero's passage. It had been a while since they had made love, Heero's trying out for the team and lack of time being the main factor in that. Duo hadn't wanted to jeopardize Heero's chances in any way and then getting kicked in the thigh hadn't helped either.
 
"Feels so good," Heero whispered in Duo's ear and then nibbled on the lobe. "Make love to me, Duo."
 
Duo was happy to comply and carefully began his retreat, Heero assisting by levering himself up a little as Duo pulled out. Water began to splash around the two bodies, spilling to the floor as their lovemaking found a rhythm, but neither man cared. Heero was completely lost in the sensations of Duo sliding in and out of his passage, stroking his inner walls and stimulating the sensitive nerves within.
 
Violet eyes closed as Duo gave himself over to the feelings coursing through his body. Each movement, withdraw and successive plunge back took him higher and higher. Heero's inner muscles caressed his length, squeezed around the head of his cock and sucked him deeper. The heat was incredible, the pleasure overwhelming and Duo happily sank into it all.
 
The pleasure couldn't last though and each man found himself soaring towards the inevitable, reaching for the edge and teetering on the brink before falling over into oblivion. Duo was the first to succumb, Heero a few seconds behind him, shooting his milky seed into the cooling bathwater while Duo's seed filled his passage. Sated, they slumped against each other and rode the waves of their respective orgasms, pleasure filling them both and leaving them happy and fulfilled.
 
Heero was the first to stir and gently eased himself from Duo's lap. He could feel the evidence of Duo's passion leaking out of his rear end and he quickly washed himself off before cleaning Duo as well. Sleepy violet eyes greeted him and a soft kiss was stolen.
 
"I think we should get out now, the water's a little on the cool side," Heero said quietly.
 
"I agree. Bed sounds like the perfect place to be," Duo replied a little fuzzily.
 
Together they climbed out of the tub and toweled each other off. They managed to make it down the hallway to the bedroom and while Duo turned the bed down, Heero checked the house was locked up before tumbling naked into bed beside his sleepy lover. Instantly, long arms wrapped themselves around Heero's waist as a warm, naked body pressed against his back, Duo spooning behind him. Heero grunted softly and folded his own hands across his lover's before closing his eyes and drifting into a dreamless sleep.
 
* * *
 
A week had passed since the camp and life had returned to its normal routine. Heero had given Zero a couple of days rest, something the gray was happy about and the stallion spent his time grazing in the paddock. Heero caught up on all Duo's accounts and paperwork whilst enjoying a bit of a break himself, he also took the opportunity to do a little more work with Shini. The colt had been neglected a bit of late with Heero concentrating on qualifying for the team selection and then with his broken arm as well.
 
Zero was now back in work, just light work for the moment, Heero deeming the stallion didn't need any more jumping practice for a week or two when he decided it was high time to move onto the next phase in Shini's education. He voiced his intentions to Duo over dinner one night.
 
"Duo?"
 
"Yes?"
 
"I want to back Shini tomorrow." [1] As expected there was silence from his lover. "Duo?"
 
"Are you sure he's ready, Heero?"
 
"As ready as he's ever going to be. I've lunged him and he knows all the voice commands for walk, trot, canter and halt. He's been long reined and short reined, he's used to wearing a saddle and bridle so the next step is to get on him." [2]
 
Duo frowned. "Are you really sure, Heero? I don't want you getting hurt again this close to the cup competition. Maybe it would be better to leave backing Shini until after the cup."
 
"If I leave it until after the cup then I won't have the time, I have to return to work at Treize's and I'll be pushing to find the time to keep Zero fit without having Shini to work on too."
 
"You'll still have to work him though, even after the cup competition, if you back him now."
 
"Yes, but not as much. I can back him and do some basic ground work with him and then turn him out for six months to finish maturing. Once I bring him back into work it should only take a few days for him to remember everything."
 
Duo knew there wasn't any point in arguing, Heero had already made his mind up. "All right, you win. I guess this means you want me to help you?"
 
"If you don't mind?"
 
Duo shook his head. "I don't mind. Someone has to be there to pick up the pieces." The words were accompanied by a teasing smile.
 
"Thanks." Heero gave his lover a deep kiss.
 
The following morning, Heero had Shini in the small yard and had just finished tightening the girth when Duo appeared. Heero double checked that everything was fitting okay and not pinching anywhere before fetching his helmet and putting it on.
 
"What do you want me to do?" Duo asked.
 
"All I need is for you to hold him and talk to him. I'll put my foot in the stirrup and get him used to feeling my weight there. Once he's comfortable with that I'll lie across the saddle."
 
"Gotcha."
 
"If he's still okay with everything I'll sit astride him. It's important for you to keep talking to him and reassuring him that everything is okay. If he's still doing well I'll get you to lead him a few steps around the yard."
 
"Okay."
 
"Good. Let's get started then."
 
Duo stepped into the yard and took hold of the lead rope Heero had attached to Shini's halter that was still in place under the bridle. The colt regarded him with impassive eyes, preferring to chew on his bit. "You be a good boy now, Shini," Duo said as he petted the colt's neck.
 
"All set?" Heero asked as he carefully pulled the stirrups down.
 
"Yep."
 
Shini cocked an ear back to listen to what his master was up to, the other ear focusing on the human that held him and spoke soothingly to him. Shini remained calm, there wasn't anything to fear. His eyes moved around and then he shifted slightly as he felt an unfamiliar weight press to one side of his body. The soft tone of the human at his head reassured him that nothing was wrong.
 
Heero slipped a foot into the stirrup and grasping the pommel of the saddle he rested some of his weight in it. The colt moved a little, Heero following and keeping the weight on the stirrup. Shini settled again and Heero added his own pats and praise to Duo's. After repeating the same thing a few times and Shini accepting it all calmly, Heero decided to move to the next step.
 
"I'm going to lay my weight across him now, Duo. He's probably going to shift sideways and possibly forwards at first. Keep talking softly to him though and all should be okay."
 
"Will do," Duo replied and fished in his pocket to produce a carrot for the colt. Shini took it eagerly. He loved carrots!
 
With Duo's calm words, Shini remained still. Heero put his weight in the stirrup again, only this time he pushed himself off the ground completely and lay on his stomach across Shini's back. The colt shifted uneasily, stepping to the side as the unfamiliar weight rested on his back. When the weight remained, Shini tried moving forward but was stopped by the nice human who patted him and spoke reassuringly to him. He also got a mouthful of carrots. Shini stopped his movement and adjusted his stance to accommodate the extra weight.
 
"Good boy, Shini," Duo praised as he fed the colt carrots. "You're just like your old man, you know. He loves carrots too," Duo stated softly. "I bet you would do anything to have them, just like Zero," Duo continued to say. It didn't matter what words came out of his mouth, Duo knew Shini wouldn't understand, it was the tone he used that got through to the colt.
 
Heero repeated the motion several times until Shini was quite happy to remain still as Heero leaned over him.
 
"Almost finished," said Heero as he slipped to the ground. "This time I want to sit properly on him. Once he's settled and happy with that, I'll get you to lead him around the yard for me."
 
"Okay." Duo fed the colt a few more carrots. "You be good now, Heero's going to get on you properly and I want you to behave. No trying to chuck him off, I've had enough of accidents and injuries to last me the rest of my life," Duo said quietly to the colt.
 
Shini didn't care, all he wanted was more carrots and if putting up with the humans' strange behavior was going to get him more carrots then he was happy to comply.
 
Heero carefully put his foot into the stirrup again, pushing his weight off the ground and then pausing before slowly and gently easing his leg over Shini's rump and sitting softly in the saddle. He remained relaxed with his legs hanging loose at Shini's sides.
 
The colt laid back both ears and tried to turn his head to see what was happening. It felt uncomfortable and threw his balance out with this extra weight on his back. He hunched his back a little and tucked his tail down. All the colt's natural instincts were telling him that this was a predator and he should be doing his best to get rid of the weight on his back; but the weight hardly moved and didn't show any sign of trying to hurt him. The human holding him kept patting and praising him, feeding him carrots and making a big fuss over him.
 
Shini was confused. He didn't know whether to buck, rear, try to run away or accept what was happening and have more carrots. Duo could see the colt's unease and lavished more praise on him, Heero began to stroke along the steel gray neck before him, adding his own reassurances to Duo's. Sensing no danger, Shinigami began to relax, his back softening and accepting the weight upon it.
 
"Good, boy. That's right, Shini, just relax," Duo cajoled as he fed the colt more carrots. Heero was just thankful they weren't sugar lumps. Given the amount the colt had already consumed if they had been sugar then he would have been worrying about the state of Shini's teeth!
 
"I think we can try walking him a few steps now, Duo. Just keep a hold on the lead rope, talk to him and tell him to walk on. I'll stay as still and relaxed as I can."
 
"Okay. Come on, Shini. Walk on," Duo said softly as he tugged gently on the lead rope.
 
Shini took a hesitant step forward and tried to balance himself. The added weight to his back, even though it remained still, had to be compensated for. A few more steps followed and with each one, the colt's confidence grew a bit more. Once they had completed a circuit of the yard, the command to halt was given and the colt stopped. Immediately he was presented with more carrots and lots of praise.
 
Heero was pleased and carefully dismounted, slipping his leg over Shini's back and landing softly on the ground so as not to startle the colt. "That will do for today. He's done really well," Heero said as he petted the colt. While Duo continued to talk to Shini, Heero set about removing the gear. Once Shini was unsaddled, Heero took him out to the paddock. Leaving the lead rope on the gate, Heero headed back to the house and some lunch with his partner.
 
Stepping through the back door after removing his boots, Heero was met by a very excited Duo.
 
"Heero! Mail's in and there's an official looking envelope for you. I think it's the paperwork for the team." Duo was practically bouncing on the spot.
 
Taking the envelope, Heero scanned the outside, noting the E.F.A. logo. He sat down on one of the kitchen chairs, Duo beside him and opened it. A letter and sheaf of papers spilled out. Heero picked up the letter and read it, it was from Noin and contained the basic information for the cup competition as well as further congratulations. He passed the letter to Duo and began to fish around through the rest of the papers. There was a wealth of information there and Heero's head began to spin with it all.
 
Duo read the letter, the smile on his face growing wider before he put it down and took a look at what his lover was doing. He gave a soft chuckle at the bewildered look on Heero's face. "A bit confusing is it?"
 
"You could say that," replied Heero. "There's so much here and half of it I don't think really relates to me."
 
"Let me take a look." Duo frowned as he went through the paperwork. "I see what you mean. Heero?"
 
"Hai?"
 
"You wanna give Treize a call and see if he's got his letter yet?"
 
"I can do that."
 
"And ask him if we can call around and go through all this lot with him? I'm sure he will have a better understanding of it all and be able to explain what we actually need to know out of all this."
 
It was Heero's turn to chuckle and he leaned over to give his lover a kiss. "I think that's a good idea, Duo."
 
~ * ~
 
tbc.......
 
 
[1] Backing a horse: This is the term used when referring to mounting a horse for the first time.
 
[2] Long and short reining: These are methods used when teaching a horse to respond to the bit and bridle without the rider being in the saddle. Long reining means walking behind the horse with long reins and using them to turn and stop. Short reining is where the reins are fixed to a 'roller' - something like a girth that goes around the horse's girth area. One rein is slightly shorter than the other and applies more pressure to one side of the mouth and thus the horse turns that way. Short reining teaches the horse that when pressure is applied to one side of the bit the horse turns that way and then the pressure is relieved.