Hamtaro Fan Fiction ❯ Boss and Bijou's Reconcile ❯ No need for hard feelings ( Chapter 18 )

[ A - All Readers ]

B/B fans you may not like what I'm about to do but you'll continue to enjoy this story.

Chapter 19 No need for hard feelings

It was a reddish moonlit night and Bijou was sitting out on the porch of Henrietta's house ready to admit what she knew all along.

Bijou: I think I like Hamtaro.

Henrietta: Hamtaro, you mean the orange one?

Bijou: Yeah, we've known each other for quite some time now, through this whole thing he's been there for me trying to keep my sprits up.

Henrietta: Have you told him yet?

Bijou: I've wanted too but-

Henrietta: But what?

Bijou: It's Boss he has this thing for me and I don't know how to let him down easy.

Henrietta: I knew that guy had his eye on you! So why don't you like him? He's strong, sweet, a little gruff on the edges but he's a nice guy.

Bijou: I guess so but I just don't like him that way. I wish I didn't have to tell him but if I don't he'll continue to strain himself trying to impress me.

Meanwhile everyone else was in the bunkhouse out back getting ready for bed. Well everyone except Boss he was still disheartened of what Bijou said

We flashback to a little while ago

Bijou: You like me!

(Slaps him)

Bijou: I just don't see how, you could put me through this then tell me you like me. I knew you liked me but I didn't know how to say-

End of flashback

(Thinking)

Boss: How to say what? Oh Bijou, will you stay mad at me forever?

Boss just sat at the desk feeling very alone. After awhile everyone had gone to sleep except for Boss for he was crying on the desk, tears streams smeared along the desk.

T.W woke to hear Boss crying and after scraping the sand from his eyes he slipped out of bed and walked over to him.

T.W: Boss, are you okay?

Boss didn't hear him and continued to cry.

"Boss said T.W as he put his paw on his shoulder."

Boss looked up from the desk to see T.W looking at his tear stained face. Boss quickly turned away not wanting T.W to see him vulnerable.

Boss: Shouldn't you be in bed?

T.W: I was but I couldn't help hearing your tears. I know you find this hard to believe but I understand how you feel.

Boss: How could you?

T.W: When I was younger I was in love, with a very beautiful girl. But not just her outer beauty but her string inner beauty as well. As I told you before her name is Cocolette and I was all mushy for her.

Like you I stuttered around her feeling inadequate but one day I told her how I felt just as you did today. Though unlike you I didn't get slapped but her father forbade me to see her, Boss someone who hated my guts told me it was over.

It should've been her was I not good enough a person to deserve so much as a farewell. Maybe Bijou doesn't know how to tell you farewell.

Boss: You don't think she likes me?

T.W: I just think you're a whole lot luckier than me.

Boss thought of what he'd said to notice he was about to cry.

T.W was all teary eyed and just ran up to Boss and Gave him a hug, tightly clinging to his moist, tears-soaked body.

T.W: Oh daddy that was so painful for me but I didn't stop trying to be happy! I know Bijou is mad but she's still your friend so cheer up daddy PLEASE CHEER UP!

Tears were now streaming from his eyes feeling so low. Boss couldn't help but snuggle him tight it was like an instinct took over.

Boss: its ok T, you don't have to cry anymore I'll be alright, we'll be alright.

Boss looked at T.W seeing him scared and vulnerable like that made him think.

(Thinking)

Boss: I can't believe he called my "daddy." I guess were more alike then we tried to admit.

Boss then carried him back to bed and tucked him in.

Boss: You know I wish sometimes I could be more like you, calm, serine, sometimes I wish you were my son.

Boss tucked him in tight and gave him a kiss on the cheek.

Boss: Good night kiddo.

Soon after that he drifted off to dreamland himself. The next morning everyone sat down at the dining room table for breakfast.

All except for T.W, Liz, and Jonas who were in the kitchen starting the cook-off that was postponed yesterday.

Boss and Bijou sat at the chair next to each other but could bring themselves to say a word to each other. The other hams knew today might be awkward for them but they tried to stay positive.

Henrietta: So you do you all really have to leave I'd to have you over a few weeks more since you came all this way.

Hamtaro: That's very nice of you but we have to be home by tomorrow.

Henrietta: I understand well Bijou is it still alright I stay at your place when I come to visit?

Bijou had been looking at Boss not knowing how to say what she needed to say almost not hearing what Henrietta said.

Bijou: What? Oh sure I'd like that.

Cappy: Hey you guys are you done with breakfast yet I'm starving!

Then T.W came out looking soiled with food.

T.W: Nearly Cappy, you have to be patient we'll be done soon, right guys?

Liz opened a wooden screen window that looked like a service window to the dining room.

Liz: Right were nearly done, how are the muffins Jo?

Jo: Nearly at perfection.

Hakeru: Muffins great I hope there not to heavy.

Henrietta then took a plate from the service window and sets it on the table.

Henrietta: While were waiting help yourselves to these.

Everyone stared at the mini-strip rolls with swirls in the middle.

Cappy: What are they?

Henrietta: There snail wraps.

Boss: Snail wraps? I know were in France but I can't eat a snail.

(Chuckles)

Henrietta: They aren't real snails silly, it's a sweet bread snack with cream cheese and yogurt filling.

There only called snail wraps because the little swirl of cream cheese on the sides looks like the swirl on a snail shell.

Boss: Oh, well my mistake let's dig in.

Everyone took one and had a bite everyone enjoyed it.

Hamtaro: This is great Henrietta.

Maxwell: Very delectable.

Sandy: Can't you say there delicious?

Maxwell: I did.

Sandy: Whatever If you say so.

Stan: Not bad but it would be better with-

Sandy then covered his mouth before he could utter another word.

Sandy: Please bro not at the table.

(Stan then pushed her hand away)

Stan: I was going to say it would be better with some sugar on top.

Sandy: Sorry I thought-

Stan; Please even I don't talk of these things at mealtimes. (Thinking) though sugar in the shape of a kiss wouldn't be so bad (snickers).

Cappy: They're good but is breakfast ready now?

Soon the three chefs emerged rolling a cart to see a smorgasbord of breakfast delights before them.

Liz: I think we've achieved a new plateau of perfection.

Jonas: I agree.

T.W: