Hamtaro Fan Fiction ❯ Boss and Bijou's Reconcile ❯ Heart joining Melody Boss's springtime saranade ( Chapter 19 )

[ A - All Readers ]

We've made it chapter 20! Now for those who like these stories it would be nice to see a review. You won't see the ending if you don't review your opinions matter to me

Anyway get a soda or a snack as we begin.

All Bijou could do was enter the kitchen arms filled with dishes not being able to say a thing. Everyone else had nearly finished washing the dishes and themselves.

Hamtaro: Are those the last dishes? I'll take them.

Bijou gave Hamtaro the plates and she went to wash her hands in the sink still not saying a word. Boss was still blushing as he dried the dishes and everyone looked at him puzzled as to what might have happened.

T.W looked at Boss's peaked yet relived expression and then looks Bijou's silent dismal face.

He knew Boss told Bijou he loved her but it was oblivious to T.W anyway that for whatever reason Bijou couldn't tell him the same. For fear if she did someone would get the worst end of the stick.

(Thinking)

T.W: Will the hams hams be no more after this day ends?

Chapter 20 Heart joining Melody Boss's summer song

Translation-

Chapter 20 Heart joining Melody Boss's summer song

(While washing)

Hamtaro: So what were you two talking about?

Boss looked at Bijou feeling so embarrassed he wanted the hams to share in his happiness as he thought they were now a couple.

Bijou looked at Hamtaro feeling if she couldn't tell Boss how could she tell everyone else especially Hamtaro who she really liked.

(While drying)

Boss: Oh we were just clearing up a few things.

Hamtaro looked at Bijou feeling as though something wasn't right.

Boss then put down the scouring pad and walks over to T.W who has finished washing and polishing all the silverware.

He told him to meet him at the Ham-Ham conference in town later on.

Soon after everyone finished the dishes they were ready to go. Boss asked Bijou to go by the Ham Ham conference on the way to the arcade. He told everyone else they'd catch up with them soon

T.W and Boss went on ahead down the river on there way to town.

T.W: So what did you want to ask me and were we going? We're supposed to be with the others on our way to the arcade.

Boss: I'm working on a surprise for Bijou but first I have to tell you-

T.W: Yes?

Boss: I finally told her I love her.

(Giggles)

T.W: I know.

Boss: You already know? Did she tell you?

T.W: Nope. I could tell from the looks on your faces.

Boss: This is great everything's going the way I planned, Bijou and Henrietta are together again, I told Bijou I love her, I'm on cloud nine!

T.W: So what's this surprise?

Boss: A while ago I tried serenading Bijou but like with the museum lunch thing it was a total failure, but I've been practicing and now I'm going to express my love for Bijou in a private concert just the two of us.

T.W: Then what do you need me for?

Boss: I need you to help me setup. You know set the lighting, prop the stage into place, whip up some light hour d'erves and two champagne glasses filled with Ginger ale, you know set the mood.

(Sarcastically)

T.W: Oh? Is that all?

Boss: I can pay you.

T.W: With what?

Boss took out his bag of seeds he earned from his work at the inn.

T.W: Were did you get all those seeds?

Boss: A little after I arrived in Paris I started working at this inn and this is what they paid me. Anyway is 25 a reasonable price?

T.W: It sure is. Please don't get me wrong normally I'd do this for free but the upkeep of the Ham-Ham café isn't cheap you know.

Meanwhile everyone had left Henrietta's house and after Rami told his moms his plans and said goodbye they all reached the dock were the canoe was.

Pashmina: If Boss and T.W took the canoe how will we get to town?

Henrietta: There's a ferry that comes every day that will take us there.

She then points to a sign that reads-

Ferry to the mainland

1st trip 9:30 A.M return to Soroto 12:00 P.M

2nd trip 12:30 P.M return to Soroto 1:30 P.M

3rd trip 2:00 P.M return to Soroto 3:00 P.M

Last trip 4:00 return to Soroto 5:30 P.M

Henrietta: Oh no!

She looks at the town clock a ways away to see a disappointing development.

Henrietta: 4 minutes after 9:30?! We missed the ferry.

Sandy well the next ferry is at 12:30.

Bijou: We'll never have enough time to enjoy the arcade.

Henrietta: Why can't you stay one more day?

Bijou: Our friend Hamtaro's owner Laura comes home from camping tomorrow. If we don't leave tomorrow Laura will find Hamtaro gone and who knows what might happen.

Henrietta: I understand, maybe some other time.

Bijou: But what about Boss's surprise?

Hakeru: We may not have enough time.

Just then they saw what looked like a speck in the distance.

Pashmina: Hey look, there's something coming this way.

Bijou: Oh.

As it got closer you could see a propeller, then wings, and lastly after Henrietta got out her spyglass she could a hamster inside the flying machine.

Sandy: What do you see?

Henrietta: It's some guy with an unusual scarf flying a plane.

Everyone soon thought-

Bijou: Let me see!

Henrietta: Sure.

She handed her the spyglass and noticed the words-

H-7 Rouroni

She then noticed the pilot who looked familiar.

Bijou: It's Asura!

(Everyone gasped)

Sondra: Who's Asura?

Bijou: No time to explain we have to get his attention.

Hakeru: T.W gave me this flare for emergencies.

Bijou: Great! Send it up!

Henrietta took a match at lit the fuse. She then tossed it up and it hissed high into the air. It blew up in a beautiful explosion which Asura noticed and landed near the long line of girls.

Bijou: He's landing, stand back!

The plane soon lands a little ways from the dock, and out stepped Asura well-rested and ready to go.

Asura: I figured I'd find you up here. It's great to see you again!

Bijou: Asura I'm glad we caught you. But before I go on how have you been? When I saw you last you could barely move.

Asura: That food T.W left gave me the strength to sleep with peace in mind. I slept for 2 day and 2 nights straight. Now I'm fit to see the friendly skies ounce again.

Hakeru: I'm so glad.

Bijou: Could you help us? We need to meet my friends at the conference, then we're going to the carnival.

Asura: The Ham-Ham Arcade? Oh I haven't been there since I was a boy. It was the only vacation I ever went on; my father who was also a pilot rented a plane and flew us in great fashion to the fair.

The rides, the plays, the food it was a magical experience.

Pashmina: After hearing about it like that I really want to go.

Penelope: Okwee!!

Bijou: Asura could you take us there

Asura: Sure, you mind if I come along?

Hakeru: Of course you're our friend now and besides if it weren't for you we never would have made it here.

Henrietta: Yeah Asura come with us, I have you to thank for bringing Bijou and me together again.

(Asura blushes and sways his body around)

Asura: Ladies please, you're embarrassing me! I guess I have to say yes.

Henrietta: Great! But first we have to make a stop at the conference.

Asura: What's going down?

Bijou: Boss has a surprise for us, well me anyway. He asked me to come alone but I don't feel right about leaving you out.

Sandy: Don't worry about us girlfriend, we can just kick it at the juice bar while we wait its obvious why he wants to see you alone.

Bijou: What do you mean?

Hakeru: I think he wants to pop the question!

(Blushes)

Bijou: What?!

Pashmina: It sounds that way to me. I know he's been eying you since we got back together.

(Penelope sighs dreamily)

Penelope: Okwee.

Henrietta: You lucky girl I was kind of taken by him but he obviously has a feeling for you.

Asura: When we were high above the sky in my plane he told me about you in blush-like detail and I knew he was smitten and pardon me for saying so after looking at you more closely I can see why.

When I saw Lòsora the first time I just had a nudge in my heart. That nudge was telling me to go long and make her mine.

(Thinking)

Bijou: I never thought of that what if he asks me to marry him and he gives me a ring and everything? Then I'll just have to really tell him then and there.

As everyone boards Asura's plane Bijou is confident that this time she'll tell Boss how she really feels.

Asura: Ok everyone I hope you have your seatbelts fastened because I'm ready to rock!

Asura then pulls a lever, then flips a switch, and turns a key and presses a button. He moves the joystick and plane moved down the coastline.

Soon it started to get a little bumpy and soon the plane took gliding then flying over the river heading for town.

Meanwhile Boss and T.W made there way into town, along the way they talked of planning the perfect performance.

Boss: I can feel it T.W, today I'm officially on cloud nine!

T.W: I'm happy for you. So what song are you going to sing?

Boss: Sorry I'm not about to give that away it's a secret. I'll give you a hint "it was one of the most romantic songs ever written."

T.W scratched his head pondering what it was but could not come up with so much as a guess.

T.W: Well I can't think of anything. What could it be?

Boss: You'll find out, singing is probably the one thing that I haven't been able to do. But I've practicing these past few months and I think I'm ready.

T.W: Well get out there and break a leg!

Boss: Thanks Kiddo.

Soon the two reach the club were Boss rents out a private stage. With T.W's help they set up the stage and made the romantic light dinner for two.

T.W: Well we've done all we can do here.

Boss: Yep all that's left now is to wait for Bijou.

An hour had passed and at that time Asura landed the plane at the gate of the conference.

Everyone stepped out of the plane stretching their bodies out and gawking at the large regal building.

Hakeru: I didn't know it was this big.

Cappy: This place looks fun!

Sandy: I hope they have a juice bar.

Sondra: They do, along with some of the cutest guys in tight rugged fur.

Sandy: Really?!

Sondra: Tight enough to bounce a nickel off of.

Stan: Do any girls hang out here?

Sondra: There's Heidi Kinsley she's looks to be your type.

Stan gets heart-eyed.

Sondra: Yep she'd be just your type if she weren't married with 3 children.

Stan's heart eyes break unevenly in half and crumble. They're soon replaced with his normal eyes which are very zonked out.

Sondra then walks up to Stan and puts her arms around his shoulders.

Sondra: Then there's-

She then kissed him right on the lips and whispered in his ear very seductively-

(Whispers)

Sondra: Me.

She then released her hold on him and walked slinky away. Stan watched in awe of those slinky movements and said-

Stan: What a woman.

Sandy: Finally someone who's too much woman for my bro to handle.

All the girls were looking right at Stan and giggling and exchanging their girl talk, but surprisingly Stan didn't care. He was a little embarrassed until he noticed that Sondra put a heart sticker on one of his maracas.

Stan: I think I have my work cut out for me.

Pashmina: Let's go inside

Asura was getting cold feet.

(Nervously)

Asura: I'll stay by the plane.

Pashmina: Don't be shy Asura you're with us.

Penelope: Okwee!

Asura got out of his plane, fixed his helmet, and straightened his scarf and followed the girls inside.

Sandy: You coming bro?

At first Stan wasn't sure if he'd be able to see Sondra face to face again.

This was the first time a girl made the first move on him. She was playful and attentive, yet kind respectable. He looked closely at the sticker she left and noticed it had a personalized message that read-

"Buy you a drink handsome"

He then holds his maracas in the air and shouts at the highest octave-

Stan: Thank you for being a kind and generous god!!!!!

Sandy kinda figured her brother needed some time to himself.

Sandy: Okay Stan, see you inside.

Sandy went to catch up with the others, leaving Stan walking slowly inside clutching the sticker-engraved maraca on his way through the door.

Henrietta and Bijou went ahead inside walking down the hall talking about what Boss's surprise could be?

Henrietta: I remember this guy surprised me with growing by hand my favorite flower in a beautiful bouquet.

Bijou: Really?

Henrietta: Yeah totally.

Bijou: I remember Boss made me some really great frozen yogurt. Though it was T.W's recipe, well it's an inside joke but don't tell Boss I mentioned that he's sensitive about it.

Henrietta: Sure girlfriend we're tight after all. As long as we're talking about sweet things a guy did for me, ounce this guy actually put my name in lights.

Bijou: Really?

Henrietta: Well I didn't become famous or anything, the guy was a lighting ham from the local movie house. But it was still sweet.

Soon the two made it to the door.

Henrietta: Well girl, this is where you go solo.

Bijou: I guess so.

Henrietta: I know where you stand on this Bijou. You tell him what you have to but don't loose him as a friend.

It's like I told you before guys like him only come ounce in a blue harvest moon.

Bijou looked at the hamster before her seeing her as like no time had passed since they last met, when they were very young.

Bijou: You know, seeing you and the old gang again has really made me feel so great, but this problem even you guys can't help me with. This is a problem rooted in the new life I made for myself.

Boss had the courage to tell me the three hardest words I've ever heard him say, and now I must have that same courage to break his heart into lifeless shards, OH I CAN'T DO IT!

Henrietta: Bijou-

Bijou: I CAN'T HENRIETTA, I CAN'T!! (Sobs)

She slams her back hard into the door and slides to the ground beginning to cry.

(Crying her eyes out)

Bijou: I can't do it Hen, I can't love him and I can't stay his friend, and I'll never be able to tell Hamtaro how I feel. Boss will find out and who knows how it equasionalizes but I can't do it.

A silence fell upon these two almost at a lost of words.

Bijou: Maybe I'll just stay here.

Henrietta sat down beside her holding her head amongst her chest; she then took the bow from her hat and used it to dry her tears.

Henrietta: Well Bijou, you know I'd love to have you back with us, but what about Maria? I think you should stay with her.

Bijou: I don't want to worry Maria, but going home will bring the pain I feel here.

Henrietta: I know but-

Bijou: No buts Hen, there are just times I've known Boss and he's really a vulnerable little child sometimes and I would bring him more pain if I told him.

Henrietta: But what about Hamtaro? You I've been scoping him out, from a friends perspective ya know I wouldn't steal him away from Bij. Guys like him also only come only ounce in a blue harvest moon.

Bijou: Oh Hen I just don't know what to do.

Bijou then got up and tuned the knob on the door. She turns to Henrietta one last time and said-

Bijou: Wish me luck.

She doesn't look back after that and enters the room closing the door behind her. Henrietta goes to join the others at the bar saying to herself-

Henrietta: Just follow your heart Bij; I know it'll all work out.

Bijou walked around in a dark, stark room unable to see a thing.

Bijou: Hello? Is anyone here? Hello? Boss? T.W?

Soon the lights mysteriously popped on to see a beautifully

decorated table with a lovely dinner on top of it.

Bijou: Wow!

Then a spotlight shot on the stage to reveal you-know-who with a free microphone.

Bijou: Boss?

Then T.W went and escorted her to her table.

(Holds out her chair)

T.W: Your table mademoiselle?

Bijou: T.W?

T.W sat Bijou in her chair and pours her some real champagne in a chilled regal glass and mirror-checks her. She's 100% good to go. He then runs to backstage as Boss gears up for his performance.

(On mike)

Boss: Bijou I've been waiting you don't know how long to really say how I feel in real romantic terms. So now-

A quick silence

A song to you from Boss.

Bijou had memories of Boss serenading her were less then perfect but could things be different this time?

Hit it T!

T.W: Roger that!

T.W then presses a button and the lights dimmed and the spotlight on Boss lighted up brighter. The theme from Watasitati ni naritakute plays and Boss begins.

(At the mike singing)

Boss:-

♪Ever since I first met you, I've been shining in my heart♪ My love causes so much sorrow I broke off my glance so quietly

Your insignificant gestures

And your ordinary words

Every time I think of them

I feel like I'm going to cry

Love brings a lonely, lonely heart

I'm just all alone now lonely, lonely heart

All the joy and pain I feel, I'm always dreaming it by myself

Love brings a lonely, lonely heart

But I know that someday it will come

While I'm being held in your strong arms

Wanting to be together with you...

Right at your side, I'm standing there

I'm always waiting for you

But you don't return my advances

I've been disappointed so many times

Then I fall in love with someone

Why does it cause me so much pain?

All alone, by myself

It's like I've fallen ill

And now it's baby, baby love

Please, I beg of you

Baby, baby love

When I feel I going to lose to this loneliness

I have to look into my hand mirror

And now it's baby, baby love

Seems like every day I'm crying through the night

I long for the past, smiling to myself

Wanting to be together with you...

Nobody knows about these-

Secret tears

The one to wipe them away is

Only

Not just myself

Wanting to be together with you...

Love brings a lonely, lonely heart

I'm just all alone now

Lonely, lonely heart

All the joy and pain I feel, I'm always

Dreaming it by myself

Love brings a lonely, lonely heart

But I know that someday it will come

While I'm being held in your strong arms

Wanting to be together with you...

The music slowly dips, the lights slowly return on and the song ends.

Bijou was stunned. She never heard Boss sing like this before. Every line was beautifully sung and most of all-

It was sung from the heart. She just put her hands together and a clapping frenzy was in effect.

Bijou: Bravo! Bravo! Encore!

Boss was surprisingly calm. He blushed a little but he was cool.

The other hams had heard the music and had to check it out, they peeked through the door and saw and heard Boss through the whole song. They clapped too but quietly so no one would know they were there.

Boss: Thank you, thank you. Now I have one last song and ounce again it's for you. Cue the score T.

(Backstage)

T.W: Got it!

T.W then next press another button on the console the lights got dim again. Now the theme from Double Moonlight Romance was playing.

Bijou: It's my favorite song. How did you know?

Boss veers from Bijou's view for a moment and says-

Boss: Let's just say a little birdie told me. (Winks)

He knew Henrietta was there but he didn't know the others were there too.

Boss:-

♪ At last I've met you, maiden♪

The maiden who has the beautiful dream

Protected by the light of the moon

The princess soldier...

I was searching for you

I had believed that I would meet you

but until we met my slight anxiety

wreathed my wings like mist

Then knowing the words Bijou sang along.

Bijou:-

♪"Maiden?" Do you mean me? ♪

Is it true? I'm too happy yet afraid

I've never seen anyone like you before, with beautiful

eyes, but this feels so familiar, why?

Then they sung together.

Both:-

Is this a couple's fate? It is starting now

The link between the past and the future is here

It will repeat...moonlight romance, woo...

The instrumental took over for a bit then Bijou sung the next verse.

Bijou:-

♪When bathed in moonlight,

I remember a love from before we were born♪

Boss:-

♪An endlessly tender feeling

fills me only when I think of you, why? ♪

Both:-

♪Is this a couple's fate? It is starting again

The link between the past and the future is here

It will repeat...moonlight romance♪

Moonlight Romance

Moonlight Romance, woo... Woo

Then the music dips a little then the song ends.

Everyone was in shock. But they were impressed and had to applaud. Bijou did too and Boss couldn't be more happier.

Bijou: Thank you Boss. That was great but you really didn't have to.

Boss: Of course I did, I've been wanting to get over my fear of singing like T.W did and this was as good a time as any. I just wish the others could've heard.

Just then after T.W switched the lights back on and came from behind stage, the others came from behind the door and said-

All: We did!

Everyone looked at the hams all smiles and said-

All: And you were great! (Clapping)

Bijou, Boss, and T.W didn't know what to say as the hams were all cheering and smiling.

Boss: So it seems I had a larger audience then I thought.

Henrietta: We're sorry but we couldn't help it.

Henrietta explains as she left to join everyone else she heard music play and then Boss's voice so she ran to get the others because they had to hear this.

(Chuckles)

Boss: You guys. I was that good?

Henrietta: Good? Don't quibble boy, you were great!

Asura: Here, here what a splendid performance.

Howdy: Terrific show there. I didn't think you had it in you.

Boss: Thanks everyone.

After another standing ovation, the others soon leave the two in peace and they had a nice light meal alone before joining the others outside to now journey there way to the Ham Ham Arcade.

Preview of next chapter

Hamtaro: Hey everybody, it's Hamtaro here!

T.W: T.W-

Bijou: And Bijou!

Hamtaro: Boss sure gave quite a moving performance.

T.W: Yeah I know I almost cried.

Bijou: It was the nicest thing he's ever done since bringing Hen and me back together.

T.W: I'm glad you've cheered up a little, especially since were now on our way to the Ham Ham Arcade.

Sandy just popped in.

Sandy: Yeah girlfriend it's gonna be off 'da hook!

Bijou: Yeah that's sounds tre bon!

Asura: Let's hurry and go! I can't wait to get my groove on!

Hamtaro: Then what are we waiting for; let's end our France adventure in style!

T.W; Next time on the Hamtaro Generation special Boss and Bijou's reconcile-

Ham Ham Arcade at last, let the good times roll!

All: You don't want to miss it!

Boss: It's undeniably rockin!

Please note the reference to T.W's singing will be explained in a later fic. I hope you enjoyed PLEASE REVIEW!!!!!!!