Hamtaro Fan Fiction ❯ Boss and Bijou's Reconcile ❯ Double girl power! Sandy and Hakeru go for the gold ( Chapter 21 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Now this is where it gets complicated, everyone will be apart for awhile but get back together for the slide.

I'm putting there separate experiences in sub-chapters within this chapter.

Everyone will be in groups of 2, 3, or 4 here's how it goes

T.W, Hakeru, and Asura; Will be at the martial arts tournament.

Hamtaro, Cappy, Rami and Oxnard; are going on the Hay train roller coaster.

Sandy, Maxwell and Jonas; are going to the Gymnastics meet, Jonas is taking pictures.

And Boss and Bijou are going to the Niagara Falls ride but what else did you think will happen?

I haven't decided what Maruko, Liz, Stan and Henrietta are doing but I'll figure it out. If you have any idea please feel free to e-mail me or mention it into a review.

And now back to the story.

Chapter 22 Double girl power! Sandy and

Hakeru go for the gold

Translation-

Chapter 22 Double girl power! Sandy and

Hakeru go for the gold

Hakeru, T.W and Asura walk through the active park on there way to the tournament.

(Looking at map)

T.W: According to this map will be there just in time to register.

Hakeru: This is so exciting! My first competition, it's a good thing I brought my sword.

T.W: Why'd you bring that?

Hakeru: Well in case we ran into trouble besides I like to carry it with me you never know when someone may challenge me.

Asura: Things certainly changed since I was growing up. Women were told to keep quiet and stay out of sight. But I didn't follow that crowd, my friends thought I was a rebel but I just don't believe in discrimination with anyone.

Hakeru: I'm glad things are different now.

T.W: It wasn't just girls guys had to conform too. Some people never understand guys who just break their stereotypical mold into pieces. But after years of searching it's so wonderful to have friends who like me this way no questions asked.

Asura: I remember when Lòsora first came to my hometown, in a way she liberated the entire town. You see were she's from women were just beginning to reevaluate their former existence and assert their new found independence.

T.W: That must've been a head turner.

Asura: Tell me about it, I developed a crush on her that very day, everyone thought I was crazy even my parents, but I invited her to dinner and they saw she wasn't like they thought.

After walking some more they reach the site of the big tournament, the Yurushi stadium.

A security guard showed them the way to the registration office.

T.W: There's a sign.

They noticed on the right outside the front window of the office were T.W read the inscription on the poster.

"Only participants competing in the tournament may enter beyond this point."

Asura: Just as well, we'll go and get tickets.

T.W: Might as well. We'll see you in the ring!

So T.W and Asura left for the ticket line, Hakeru enters for registration. She winds down a long hallway to enter a large room. Fighters from everywhere came to compete.

Mostly hamsters we're there with one soul exception, a tall slim rat with a long tail, perky and sensitive ears, wise sharp raven eyes, a cute candy pink nose, zig-zaggy elongated whiskers, light gray fur, and light, gentle and strong front and hind paws, and stood tall on his hind feet.

Hakeru walked up to him feeling a little nervous, not so much as she has ever met many other species besides hamsters.

Hakeru: So you're competing in the tournament as well? I didn't know this was an interspecies competition?

(Chuckles)

Rat: Well there wasn't a rule saying I couldn't compete, and this park is open to the public. I heard about it on my way over here so I decided to enter.

Hakeru: I'm sorry you must forgive me, I don't interspecies mingle that often.

Rat: That's alright, I don't often associate with hamsters, not that I'm prejudiced or anything it's just there's not much diversity back home.

The two laughed and went up to the registration desk. Hakeru rang the bell and a woman hamster appeared.

Lady: So you're here to register?

Hakeru: Yes we are.

Lady: Are you entering as a team?

The two looked at each other and snickered slightly.

Rat: No ma'am.

The lady-ham took out some clipboards from under the desk. She clipped some pieces of paper on them and gave them to the two.

Lady: Just fill these out and return them when you're done.

The two sat on the stools on the desk aside from each other. They answered each question, and checked in every box. While there were filling out the papers they got in an interesting discussion.

(Writing)

Hakeru: So what's your fight style?

(Writing)

Rat: Mixed ninjitsu and swordplay, you?

Hakeru: I train in the way of the samurai, it's very rewarding. I also study dance, tea making, and flower arranging.

Rat: You arrange flowers? So do I!

Hakeru: How interesting.

Rat: It was always a dream of mine to open a flower shop but I never had the expenses to make it happen. This is why I entered the tournament so I can win the seed prize and open my flower shop.

Hakeru: That's a wise dream.

The rat blushed a little, feeling a little silly.

Hakeru: What's the matter?

Rat: Nothing it's just I don't usually get so intimate with someone I hardly know. Besides you were the first besides my parents who feel as you do. My friends thought I was a wimp for taking an interest in flowers. Well the guys anyway, the girls started noticing me and I had quite an odd social calendar.

Then I met this girl Eris who loved flowers but she said that while she liked me I was lacking any masculine qualities. At first I was mad but then I thought maybe there was something I could try. I began studying various styles of fighting and found my nitch.

By combining the studies of various styles of sword-fighting and the shadowy stealth and perilous strategy of ninjitsu, I found myself immersed in a new form of expression. Also I rough up anyone that threatened to harm me.

Sure it got me back on the guy's good side, and Eris was still interested in me but more than that I found out something new about myself in the process.

Hakeru: You did?

Rat: Yes, you see to me in a way martial arts are like flowers. The stem represents physical strength; the leaves represent stealth and gentleness, the budding flower represents the perfection of techniques, the petals represents beauty of movement, and lastly the individual fragrance of each and every kind of flower represents the individuality of the fighter.

Hakeru: I know what you mean, my samurai techniques, and sword attacks all tie into my dance moves, and you're right when you think about it my flower arranging can align with my samurai training.

Rat: I know, well since we've exchanged ideas maybe we could exchange names?

(Chuckles)

Hakeru: Oh sure! Sorry about that. My name is Hakeru.

Rat: Hakeru? That's a cool name. Mine is Ari.

Hakeru: Well Ari I hope we get to face each other in the finals.

Ari: Me too.

Soon the two finished the forms and went back to the registration desk. The ham-lady took there pictures and took there clipboards.

Lady: Thank you, now I'll feed your stats into the applicant computer and officially register you both in the tournament.

She punched in a few buttons and pulled a lever and the computer processed the info and then there was a ringing noise.

Lady: Well that's it you're both registered for the tournament. Here are your numbers.

She gave them a wristband with there number on it.

Hakeru: I got number ten, how about you?

Ari: I got number 26, I think there's a screen out in the hall that tells when and who we fight I'll show you.

Ari lead Hakeru to the middle of the hall and show her the leader board.

Ari: Each group of fighters is in different blocks of either A, B C, D, and E, only the top 12 fighters make it to the actual tournament.

They looked on the board and then saw there names flash on the screen.

Hakeru: Looks like I'm in the 4th match block A though it doesn't say who I'm up against. All it says is that he's from Italy.

Ari: Well some fighters like to keep a low profile to surprise there opponents and the crowd. You know I forgot to ask you, why are you competing?

Hakeru: Well the seeds would be nice but I've wanted to be in a real tournament to see how my training measures up.

Ari: I hope my training measures up as well.

Hakeru: Well Ari the best of luck to you.

Ari: You too, well I better get ready for my first match, see you in the finals.

Ari then left to prepare for his match while Hakeru went to meet T.W and Asura at the ticket booth.

Meanwhile Sandy, Maxwell, and Jonas had just arrived at the gymnastics meet. After Sandy registered she began warming up for her first round of competition. She waved her ribbon and swung her body in twists and turns, she got them down perfectly but she knew something was missing.

Sandy: I don't get it, I know my routine by heart and that's the problem.

Maxwell: What do you mean Sandy?

Sandy: My moves have no spark, no soul, and no heart. Not like when I'm just performing for myself.

Jonas: I know what you mean, the pictures I have so far aren't flattering, Unlike Liz cooking is secondary, and since I was a little kid I've been training to a photographer. My motto is "The picture is only as good as the one who's in it."

Sandy: I know what you mean, I've been dreaming of competing in a meet like this, is isn't the Olympics or anything but for now it will do just fine, if I do well enough?

Maxwell: Sandy if I may I think maybe you've been trying too hard. It's not as fluid and fun as it ounce was, you were perfect when you just had fun.

Sandy: You're right Maxwell well no more, I'm just gonna go out there and give all I've got!

So with her ribbon grasped tightly in her hand and walks toward the stage.

Meanwhile back at the stadium the kick off to the martial arts tournament was in full swing. Banners flying, kids waving, everyone was in high spirits.

D.J: Hello everybody and welcome to the 5th annual Ham-Ham Arcade Martial arts tournament. I'm your life of the party D.J Hamada. Ha, it's hard to believe we're in our fifth year in this tournament and I must say we've had the biggest turnout of fans and fighters yet. It will be hard to narrow it down to just twelve but will do it if we have to.

And now your ref and runner up for life of the party yours truly-

Opano!

Opano came from the gate leading to the ring and ran to the center.

Opano: Thanks Hamada, before we get things underway let remind our fighters and you lucky people in the audience the rules of this qualifier

1. All opponents are broken into groups called blocks, block A, block B, block C, block D, and block E. This year we have 30 fighters per block and only two from each block will compete in the finals.

2. All fighters must report for there matches within a time limit, failing to do so will disqualification and their Opponents win by default unless the judge says otherwise and whose decision is final.

3. Tools can be used but any uses of sharp instruments or swords that aren't wooden are strictly prohibited. Any such weapon discovered before, during and after a match is eliminated regardless of win or loose.

4. Please treat your opponents/opponents with respect, no low-blow body shots or striking an opponent either outside the ring or knocked out on the floor of the ring while I count it off and again you'll be disqualified.

5. When a fighter is knocked out of the ring it is considered a ring-out and the opposing fighter automatically win. If a players knocked out inside the ring I'll count if off up to 10, if he stays down the opposing fighter wins, if both fighters are knocked out of the ring I apply the ten count and the first to get up and back in the ring wins. If both fighters get up they return to the ring and the match continues.

Well I hope everyone understands the rules so before we start the opening match here our judge, the founder of the tournament and lead designer for the Yurushi stadium. Our very own Yurushi Ruslem!

Then an somewhat old yet young looking hamster with jaded grey fur, sturdy eyebrows, popping ears, long serine whiskers, dreamy sharp eyes, and wearing a old hat. He went to the left of the ring where the judge's podium is and took his place. He positioned to mike to his mouth and said-

Yurushi: Welcome fighters and fans to the fifth year of our martial arts tournament. I hope to be a fair and impartial judge and to see each match with a personal set of judgment. It's amazing to see 2 years of planning and development comes together. To all the fighters who've come from all over I wish you the best of luck, follow the rules and of course have fun. I hereby declare the 5th annual Ham-Ham Arcade martial arts tournament officially open!

The crowd cheers and the fighters back in the locker rooms were really in the spirits.

D.J Hamada: That was a stirring speech and I'm sure we're in for a real intense competition this year. So let's kick things off with our first match. He was last year's big winner and looking badder then ever. For his second year in a row here's Aoshi Rumara!

Aoshi made his way into the stadium looking proud and mysterious.

(Screen shows a head shot of Aoshi and his stats)

D.J Hamada: Aoshi made the most experienced fighter we've had. He's one badger man with a plan, not to mention his commanding profile.

Opano: Yes quite a man and now a newcomer to the tournament welcome Ryan!

Ryan entered the stadium a little timid but stuck to his guns.

(Screen shows a head shot of Ryan and his stats)

D.J Hamada: Ryan on the other hand a little timid at best. But he does have great stuff, this ham may go far.

The two bow each other and assume their fighting positions

Opano: All right let's get things rolling in-

3!

(His eyes changed emotion)

2!

(Ryan began to flinch)

1!

(They both start to power up)

Go!

The two charges straight at each other with great force, Ryan jumped and crossed his arms in a defensive position.

Aoshi got under him kicked his feet flipping him over. He used his paws to grip the edge of the ring nearly touching the ground outside it. Aoshi took this opportunity to wipe him out he made a sharp turn and slide kick his paws making him let go, but at that precise moment Ryan grabbed him by his cloak and dove into the air.

Aoshi quickly turned around from the edge and revealed his weapon to be an elongated Japanese sword.

Aoshi: Okay. This has been fun but now it's time to end this.

Aoshi channeled his spirit and physical energy into his sword which glowed in darkness.

Ryan then raised his fist high in the air and shot it straight down into the front.

Ryan: Raven gun pistol strike!

He then released an amazing explosion of little energy bullets. Aoshi then used the channeled energy in his sword to strike.

(Snickers)

Aoshi: Not bad but not good enough!

He waved sword right at Ryan shouting-

Aoshi: Trial of darkness!!!!!!!!!!

He then let an immense burst of energy dousing Ryan's attack and hitting him dead on in every area.

D.J Hamada: Wow! I've never seen an attack like that before, the stadium seems to emitting a strange black light. I can't see a thing we'll have to wait until it clears up to get an official verdict.

The whole stadium was engulfed in a black light. It took a few minutes the light to fade out.

Aoshi surprisingly looked like he hadn't broken a sweat. Ryan on the other hand was knocked out the ring completely passed out.

Opano: Ok I can see again now let's see

He then notices Ryan was outside the ring and Aoshi was standing in the ring waiting for the call.

Aoshi: He's out of the ring isn't the countdown going to start?

Opano realized something was wrong.

Opano: Well everyone Ryan is out of the ring but Aoshi is the looser of this fight.

The crowd was shocked they couldn't see how.

Aoshi: What do you mean? I never left the ring!

Opano: Yes but you used a sharp blade sword is against the rules.

Voice: That's not so.

Everyone gasped and then notices Yurushi was objecting to the ruling.

Yurushi: You see the rules state that a fighter cannot use to sword to kill, the rules also state that sword wooden or not to fire energy attacks as long as the sword itself directly doesn't touch the fighter. Aoshi never hit Ryan with the sword he did not break the rules.

Opano checked the official rulebook to see that was correct.

Opano: Well alright then, and since the judges decision is final I declare Aoshi wins by ring-out!

The crowd was roaring though Aoshi who was happy he won was surprisingly cool as left the stadium.

(Thinking)

Aoshi: That was close but in the end I only had to use 10% of my power.

D.J Hamada: Wow after nearly getting disqualified that Aoshi certainly keeps his cool. This tournament has certainly started with a bang!

The crowd was beaming with anticipation as to what was next.

The jumbo screen revealed the leaderboard.

D.J Hamada: Not surprisingly Aoshi in block E has advanced. Up soon is newcomer Hakeru vs. Marello.

Meanwhile Hakeru came out to the ticket booth and met up with T.W and Asura.

Hakeru: Hey you guys I got in!

T.W: That's great! I knew you would. So what's your number?

Hakeru: Number 10, I'm really nervous.

T.W: Don't be I know you can do it.

Asura: Yeah this is your day so go out there and give them heck!

Hakeru: Thanks guys.

Announcer: Attention, attention. The 2nd match of the qualifying tournament is about to begin. Will numbers 13 and 10 enter the ring?

Hakeru: well I'm up.

Hakeru takes her sheath and sword from her backpack and straps it on her back and enters the stadium.

Asura: There she goes; we better get to our seats.

T.W: Right.

The stadium was packed and the fans were in full swing. After finding there seats T.W pulled out a video camera so he could film Hakeru's matches to show the other hams later.

Asura: Nice camera where'd you get it?

T.W: In a shop in the Omaraki town square, I got a new oven too. Do you think it'll fit in the Rouroni?

Asura: I don't think so; we've got a lot of hams on board for the trip home. We can head to the post office on our way back to town.

T.W: Thanks. Oh look Hakeru's match is starting.

D.J Hamada: Welcome everyone to the Ham-Ham Arcade's 5th annual martial arts tournament. I'm your master of ceremonies D.J Hamada!

(From the middle of the ring)

Opano: And I'm your ref Opano! Boy have we had a humdinger of a tournament so far. I've never seen such skilled opponents in the qualifiers before. Well I know when all is said and done the winner of our $500,000 seed prize will have his or her merit to there skill, Back to you Hamada.

D.J Hamada: Thanks Opano, and now the 2nd match in our qualifying tournament is under way. First up is a newcomer in this tournament, from parts unknown she's a pistol that fires without warning welcome Hakeru!

Hakeru went right to the ring waving and smiling and laughing. She notices T.W and Asura up in the stands 3 rows from the front and waved real hard.

T.W: Look there's Hakeru!

(Waving)

Asura: Come on Hakeru show them heck out there!

D.J Hamada: What a firecracker, and now from little Italy, weighing in at over 90 pounds, mastering in the art of Ti Kwan do. So also making his triumphant return here's Marello "Eagle" Radicchio!

The crowd roared as he entered the ring. He was tall and stout with sweet black eyes, light Carmel tight silky smooth fur, and wore a headband with his name in Japanese letters.

Hakeru retired her usual pigtails and bunched her hair in a luscious ponytail. She was pretty much the same but you could feel the strength from her aura.

As the two fighters bow to each other and assume there fighting stance, the jumbo screen on the left of the stadium showed there stats.

(Screen shows a head shot of Marello and his stats)

D.J Hamada: Well this is Marello's third year in the tournament, though he's never made it past the preliminary rounds it's rumored he's got a special attack that may turn the tide!

(Screen then shows a head shot of Hakeru who in that photo still had her traditional pigtails and her stats)

D.J Hamada: Hakeru on the other hand is a complete mystery, we only know she has trained in the way of the samurai and that she too has a few special moves up her sleeve.

Opano: Well this is quite the match up and I can't wait to see what goes down in this match, so without further ado let's get rockin!

The two fighters stare straight into each other's eyes ready to strike.

(Thinking)

T.W: Come on Hakeru.

(Thinking)

Asura: We're behind you all the way.

Ari watched through the hall leading to the stadium.

Ari: Stay tough Ruth.

Opano: On my mark-

3!

2!

1!

FIGHT!

Marello started the fight with backhand karate chop and Hakeru blocks it and delivers an elbow check.

Marello: This battle's still young girl, it's far from over!

Hakeru: Touché!

Marello then bulked up and rammed his fist as tight as a ball, he launched a powerful blow.

Hakeru drew her wooden sword and blocked the full brunt of the attack but the force was strong it knocked her on the floor of the ring. Hakeru was still and stunned when Marello countered with a low spinning kick knocking her down. Hakeru stubbly got back up and lunged her sword in the air.

Hakeru: Super heart joust!

She trusted her sword forward and ran at top speed. Little light hearts zipped by the gale force of the sword and swerved it left then smacked it right at the chest sending him flying out of the ring totally unconscious.

Opano was at first surprise but then made the call.

Opano: Oh I don't believe it Marello's out of commission! Hakeru wins by ring-out!

The crowd cheered and the stadium was in a buzzy mood.

T.W: All right, she won! She won!

Asura: She took to the sky and conquered it like a sack of potatoes!

T.W: Which reminds me we should get some snacks for the next fight.

So T.W and Asura went to the snack stand while Hakeru heads back to her room. She then meets Ari in the hall.

Ari: That was great! You finished him in under a minute.

Hakeru: I know I didn't think it would be that easy.

Ari: I checked the leaderboard and your next match won't be for a few hours and mine an hour before so let's check out some more of the fair.

Hakeru: Great I want you to meet my friends.

Ari: I don't know. Do you think they'd mind?

Hakeru: Oh no "The more the merrier" is a motto we ham hams live by.

Ari: All right, then lead the way.

So the took walk towards the stadium's exit to the snack stand having a hunch they'd be there.

(While walking)

Ari: You know the only motto I've known rats to live by is; Head for the hills! There's a cat a comin!'

The two laughed and talked some more as they left the stadium.

While Hakeru's battle was well underway, Sandy's was just beginning. How will she fair against her first round of completion?

Preview of next chapter

Hamtaro: Hey everybody! It's Hamtaro here!

T.W: And T.W!

Hamtaro: Hakeru's doing fine so far.

T.W: I'll say her training has paid off.

Hakeru: Thanks! I even made a new friend!

Hamtaro: I can't wait to meet him! What's he like?

Hakeru: You'll just have to wait and see.

T.W: Next time on Hamtaro Generation special Boss and Bijou's reconcile-

Have courage Sandy! Three's company and four's a free for all!

Hamtaro and T.W: You don't want to miss it!

Rami: That's when we hit the trail! Yeehaw!

Hakeru: And have some fun!

Hamtaro: It's undeniably wild!

Well better late then never wouldn't you say? I hope you like it.

PLEASE REVIEW!