Hamtaro Fan Fiction ❯ Boss and Bijou's Reconcile ❯ The great train rescue! The hams remain unaware of the danger ( Chapter 23 )

[ A - All Readers ]

I hope this gets better as we reach the end and I can assure you after the ending you'll be praising for more.

Enjoy and now back to our story

Liz, Maruko, Sondra, Stan and Henrietta had been trekking around the park looking for contests

Henrietta: I told you guys the contests here are the best because you have so many chances to win and the prizes rock!

Sondra: And what rocks harder then winning a custom outfit of our choosing, 200 sunflower seeds each bunches, and a free pass to all rides in the park.

(Dreamily)

Stan: That's not the only thing that rocks.

Sondra: Hey let's not get carried away Casanova.

Just then the wagon train rolls by with our friends still at the mercy of Ojiro.

Henrietta: Hey look, it's the Wagon train coaster!

Maruko: Isn't that Rami and some of your friends?

Stan: Yep it's Hamtaro and Oxnard, and somebody or something has Cappy.

Liz: Who is that? Whoever he is he must be really gloomy to wear all black.

Sondra: It's Ojiro!

Henrietta: Ojiro? Who's Ojiro?

Sondra: He's a legend from the west. He used to be a wandering cowboy who was good and just helping those who needed it, until some evil organization kidnapped his family. Ever since then he's gone bad and in order to find them he'll do anything legal or non to find them. He's considered extremely dangerous.

Maruko: What?! No one hurts my baby and gets away with it. Stan you go and find the others and tell them to follow the train tracks, Come on girls we have some ham hams to save.

So while Stan runs off the find the other ham-hams, two friends and an overdrive mother follow the train in hot pursuit unaware what the there future holds.

Chapter 24 The great train rescue! The hams remain unaware of the danger.

Meanwhile far off in another part of the park unaware of the danger and unknown evil jerks there friends into submission, Hakeru and company are checking out yet another game.

T.W: It's one of those scoop the goldfish games.

Ari: They play this game when we have the fall festival back home. I used to be quite good at it.

Asura: Let's give it a go.

Hakeru had paddles for everyone.

Hakeru: I'm way ahead of you.

So after paying a seed each for the paddles and nets, the four friends each picked out a spot in the tank were they found a treasure trove of fish.

The ham that runs the tank sets the timer for 70 seconds whoever had the most fish collected in their fish bowl wins.

Game keeper #1: On my mark-

3!

2!

1!

Go!

At that second the timer started and everyone began scooping. T.W was the first to scoop a fish in his net, Asura had one but it flipped away, Hakeru got two in one go.

Ari wasn't kidding when he said he was good he already caught five in his net and put them in his fish bowl.

55 seconds were left and Asura finally got one in his net, T.W got 2 more and put them in his net.

(Scooping a fish in the net)

Hakeru: Gotcha!

33 seconds left as Ari catches 3 more.

Ari: All right!

Asura was trying but he couldn't catch another fish. As soon as he caught one they fly off before he can get one in the net.

Other contestants were struggling more than Asura.

10 seconds and descending

(T.W caught another fish)

10!

(Ari catching 2 more)

9!

(Hakeru missed one)

8!

7!

6!

5!

4!

3!

2!

1!

Time up!

The tank keeper counted all the fish everyone had caught and the final results as followed

4th place

Asura

Total: 10 fish

3rd place

Hakeru

Total: 19 fish

2nd place

T.W

Total: 23 fish

1st place Ari

Total: 33 fish

Asura, Hakeru, and T.W won the runner's up prize which was a little trophy that read-

"Determined Angler"

As well as a free pass to play the mini-game challenge.

Ari won the first place trophy which says-

1st place

(Super angler contest)

As well as a Super Angler Deluxe fishing rod with a sleek antique design which he put in his backpack for safekeeping.

T.W had his camera propped above the tank so he could as this to his video journal of their Ham-Ham Arcade journey.

Hakeru: Wow Ari you certainly knew what you were doing out there.

Ari: Oh you guys didn't do so badly for first time; it took awhile for me to get the hang of it. So what should we do next?

T.W: We got this pass for something called a mini-game challenge.

Hakeru: I remember looking seeing that in the activity guide. It's over in the Easy time ride section.

Asura: Isn't that were Pashmina and Penelope went to ride the story spyglass?

T.W: I'm pretty sure we should hook up with them after we check out the mini game challenge. Who's with me?

Hakeru: You know I am!

Ari: Me too.

Asura: Count me in!

So while T.W, Hakeru, Ari and Asura journey on, Maruko and the others continued their chase of the elusive wagon train.

Maruko: Come on girl's double time! We haven't got much time!

Soon Hamtaro began to notice their potential rescuers.

Hamtaro: Hey it's Henrietta and the others!

Ojiro: What?!

Ojiro turned to see four determined hams gunning it beside them.

Maruko There's a tunnel that's coming up soon, if we don't get to them now we won't reach them in time.

Then Henrietta noticed on the old brown picket fence was a cowboy's layette.

Henrietta: I've got an idea!

Henrietta grabbed the rope and in real cowgirl style she swung a loop around her head and swung it to a bar on the train. She pulled tight until the loop made a tight knot.

Henrietta: Okay climb on to the train, hurry!

Sondra, Maruko and Liz latched on to the rope and shimmied up to the platform.

Liz: Hurry Henrietta!

The train was reaching a sharp turn on the tracks, Henrietta ran hard so she wouldn't loose the rope. As the reached the turn she ran to were the picket fence ended and at that moment she jumped as the train turned.

She began to spin and lean into the platform and Liz and Maruko caught her.

Liz: You okay Hen?

Henrietta: Yeah I'll be fine.

Oxnard: Wow that was amazing!

Rami: Yes good show!

Hamtaro: How'd you find us?

Maruko: We were walking down this street when we saw the train roll by with you guys on it. Sondra filled us in on this Ojiro character and we came to save you.

Ojiro had been watching kind of stunned but he soon shook it off and reminded them of the present reality.

Ojiro: Excuse me but they'll be no rescuing anyone, you're fate is in my hands now. Unless you want your little friend to meet an untimely death!

He extended his hold on Cappy to where if he were to let go he'd fall in a pit of sharp rocks.

Cappy: Don't worry about me guys save yourselves!

Rami: No way were not gonna let this guy hurt you or anyone on this train.

Maruko: That's right son, united we stand divided we fall.

Liz: You said it sister; we stand tall against all bullies, bad guys and evil incarnations like you!

Sondra: Plus we got you outnumbered so make this easier on yourself and let him go!

Hamtaro: Yeah Ojiro I don't know why you're doing this but I know this must stop now.

Ojiro: No one orders Ojiro around!

Ojiro reached into his concealing cloak and pulled out a gun pointed straight at Hamtaro.

(Everyone gasps)

Ojiro: One more crack out of any of you and not only will I take this kid on a trip to sharp rock city, I'll give your spunky runt a send off he'll never forget.

Everyone soon got still as not to give any ideas while Maruko took the time to enter into the cars.

Still everyone kept silent making no sudden moves when-

Hamtaro: Do it.

Ojiro: Huh?

Everyone else: What?!

Hamtaro: Go ahead and fire if you want to but you must first let Cappy and all my friends go before you do.

Oxnard: Hamtaro what are you saying?! Don't you know what'll happen if he-

Hamtaro: Not really but I don't care if it will satisfy him and your safe I'll have no regrets.

Ojiro: So you'll sacrifice yourself just so they can live?

Hamtaro: Yes.

Meanwhile Maruko had entered the dining car where she got a cast-iron frying pan and quickly ran back to the platform.

Ojiro: Are you sure you want to do this?

Hamtaro: As long as you hurt no one on this car including my friends then I do.

Ojiro: Very well, I'll try to make this end quickly.

Ojiro pointed his gun and prepared to fire, the air was silent and you could hear the perspiration on the hams faces as he geared to fire.

Ojiro: Well kid it's been a pleasure.

He gripped the trigger.

Oxnard: No!

He pulled the trigger.

Liz: No!

Sondra: No!

Henrietta: No!

A bullet shot from the gun sailing right towards Hamtaro.

All: Hamtaro!!!!!!

Hamtaro winced his eyes and at that moment a frying pan zoomed in front of him deflecting the shot and sending it right into the rocks below.

Ojiro; What?!

Ojiro forgot he was holding Cappy and let him go; Cappy was nearly hitting the tracks when Henrietta slid in under Ojiro and grabbed him just in time.

Henrietta: You okay Cappy?

Cappy: Yeah for now anyways.

Everyone especially Hamtaro was surprised at first but they turned to see Maruko came in at the last second and used the pan to reflect the blow.

Rami: Mom when did you leave?

Maruko: I slipped away to get our defense.

Ojiro: Well try defending this!

He fired more shots and Maruko deflected them all.

Maruko: I'll hold him off you guys go and find out how to drive this train.

The others ran to enter the cars, Ojiro shot at them but Maruko deflected them as everyone made their escape.

Ojiro then charged at Maruko tackling her and flinging the frying pan out of her paw. He then dragged her pointing her gun at her chin.

Ojiro: Looks like your defense is kaput, like you'll soon be!

Ojiro pulled the trigger but amazingly nothing happened.

Ojiro: What?! Dang! I'm out of bullets. You won this time but I'll soon return.

He leapt from the train and with a backflip and ninja-like speed he was gone.

Maruko: That was too close.

After collecting herself she headed for the front of the train.

Up at the engine room where the conductor and engineer are still knocked out Hamtaro and the others were trying to figure out what to do when Maruko showed up.

All: Maruko!

Rami ran up to her holding her tight.

Rami: Mom is you all right?

Maruko: Yes I'll be fine.

Sondra: Where's Ojiro?

Maruko: He's gone for the moment, so were we headed.

Rami: According to the activity guide this train is heading for a western town and look.

Rami picks up a folded piece of paper that was on the engine console. He opened it up to see a set of instructions.

Rami: This was left by Ojiro.

Oxnard: What's it say?

Rami read the was as follows

Hi-jack train

Set train on auto-pilot to Ira's gulch

Prepare to dominate.

Rami: I got it he made sure we'd reached the town put reprogramming to train to do so.

Maruko pointed to a list of words on the right of the room.

Maruko: Look at the destinations; it looks like we were supposed to go to other places first. Its obvious Ojiro wants to hurt innocent hams there and we have to stop him!

Hamtaro: You're right Maruko; the first thing we have to do when we reach town is to get to the sheriff so he can put a stop to this.

Liz: Or she it could be a she!

Hamtaro: Sure of course! Well hams I hope the others will be all right and find us soon.

Sondra: That reminds me Stan went to get the others. I hope he could find them.

Sure enough Stan had bee racing around the park to find the others but he's yet to see much of anything. Then he remembers were Pashmina and Penelope, he then heads back to the place we're they split up and follows her scent right to her.

Will Stan reach Pashmina in time? Can Hamtaro and the others stop Ojiro before someone is really hurt? How will Hakeru and Ari face their next tournament battle and just were have Boss and Bijou gone all this time?

Find out next time.

Preview of next chapter

T.W: T.W here I never thought things could get so crazy in a theme park.

Hakeru: You're telling me. We've got dark cowboys, the tournament, and who knows what else over our heads.

T.W: I hope we all can get back to having fun.

Next time

Pashmina's ounce upon a time, welcome to Ira's gulch!

T.W: You don't want to miss it!

Pashmina: It's undeniably a classic.

I know it reads flat but I'm really at a loss for words so I might change this chapter if you have any ideas feel free to e-mail me or mention it in a review

PLEASE REVIEW!!!!