Hamtaro Fan Fiction ❯ Boss and Bijou's Reconcile ❯ Now entering Ira's gulch, mini-game challenge and the calvary arrives! ( Chapter 25 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Well now that I've aired myself out with a new project I'm energized to finish it up.

And now back to our regularly scheduled story.

The train had sent our friends coasting along the rails seeing the beautiful landscapes, dessert

Cap mountains, and the grassy plains, meadows and valleys. It was so expansive and breathtaking they wondered how it tied in with park.

Soon they entered the local station and slowly came to a stop. It hissed white smoke and Henrietta pulled the whistle which woke up the conductor and engineer who had been knocked out for awhile.

The conductor got up feeling very groggy, he took of his hat began fanning himself; the engineer was completely energized and active.

Conductor: Oh… I feel so bruised and tainted, what happened?

Henrietta: You were knocked out by Ojiro.

Conductor: Ojiro?! He's here?!

The conductor went to his secret hiding place which was under the engineer's chair and got out a mini-pistol.

Conductor: Where are you ya Goth renegade?!

Liz: You don't have to worry sir; he left the train a half an hour ago.

Maruko: Amazing too, he jumped off the train and bounced away with great speed.

Engineer: I'll go check the security cameras.

While the engineer had gone to end of the train, the others explained the whole story and he was quite furious.

Conductor: That jerk! Imagine taking hostage of a youth and then pointing a gun at your heads.

Rami: Well sir if you don't mind my saying so, if you find guns so appalling then why do you keep one?

Conductor: Oh well this is a tranquillizer. While this is a gun it was made to capture villains like Ojiro without hurting them. Its part of our town's "Do on to others as you'd do for yourself policy." Instead of bullets we use darts filled with a combination relaxing agents, it's 100% all-natural and approved by HHB.

Hamtaro: The HHB?

Conductor: The Hamster health board.

Just then the engineer and Maruko returned.

Maruko: Wow! That's quite a justice system you've got here, Basic security sure has changed since my day.

Conductor: Did you get the pictures?

Engineer: Yep got `em right here.

Everyone looked at the pictures seeing Ojiro pointing the you-know-what and other shots.

Conductor: You know that guy has always escaped from the law due to techqucallites; well this time we have the proof to put him away this time.

Engineer: That will be a sight to see. Oh but in all of this I forgot my job!

The engineer then went to the mike on the console.

(On AC)

Engineer: Attention all passengers! Attention all passengers! We've arrived at Mt. Daisy!

Rami: Well actually we're in some place called Ira's Gulch.

Cappy: That Ojiro guy reset the train to come straight here; we feel it's to take over the town.

The engineer looked out the window to see it was the station in Ira's Gulch...

Engineer: Well that explains why it looks similar.

The engineer got back on mike.

(On AC)

Engineer: Attention all passengers! Attention passenger!

Due to someone's unscheduled resetting of the controls and us temporarily indisposed we've been re-located to Ira's Gulch. We apologize for any inconveniences. For those who want to wait a few minutes we'll take you to your original destinations free of charge. Again we're sorry about any inconveniences.

Soon minutes later our friends left the train station and headed into town unaware of the shadow that followed them.

Yes it was Ojiro standing atop a rock based cliff overlooking the town below and miles away and just beneath him Hamtaro and the others journeyed along the path to town.

His cloak was sailing high against the wind as he looked at the area around him.

(Thinking)

Ojiro: I can't believe it, I saw all right but how can I believe it.

He flashes back to a little while ago.

On the platform they saw the black-cloaked hamster with the black cowboy hat and in his arms was Cappy who was gagged with a blindfold and squirming to get free.

Hamtaro: Who are you?

Rami: And why did you take Cappy from us?!

The black figure said nothing and just stood there.

Oxnard was shaking but tried to be brave.

(Shivering)

Oxnard: U-um excuse me sir but could we have our friend back?

The black figure snickered by Oxnard's request but you really couldn't tell as even his mouth was covered in a part of the cloak.

Hamtaro: What's with you? First you hurt the engineer and conductor, scare us silly, and kidnap our friend. What do you want?!

Then we fast-forward a little-

Hamtaro: Ojiro I don't know why you're doing this but I know this must stop now.

Ojiro: No one orders Ojiro around!

Ojiro reached into his concealing cloak and pulled out a gun pointed straight at Hamtaro.

(Everyone gasps)

Ojiro: One more crack out of any of you and not only will I take this kid on a trip to sharp rock city, I'll give your spunky runt a send off he'll never forget.

Everyone soon got still as not to give any ideas while Maruko took the time to enter into the cars.

Still everyone kept silent making no sudden moves when-

Hamtaro: Do it.

Ojiro: Huh?

Everyone else: What?!

Hamtaro: Go ahead and fire if you want to but you must first let Cappy and all my friends go before you do.

Oxnard: Hamtaro what are you saying?! Don't you know what'll happen if he-

Hamtaro: Not really but I don't care if it will satisfy him and your safe I'll have no regrets.

Ojiro: So you'll sacrifice yourself just so they can live?

Hamtaro: Yes.

The flashbacks end with Ojiro staring out into space feeling almost no emotion at all.

(Thinking)

Ojiro: I've never come across someone so pure and innocent, I threatened to, and he didn't care if I had-

As long as his friends were safe.

He then snapped out of it and slammed his fist on the rock real hard.

Ojiro: What's wrong with me?! It's just I've never had these feelings before-

Pain

Remorse

Shame for all that I've wronged. It's like that part of me is saddening me.

He got up and stood tall over all around him, he then lowered his cloak to reveal his mouth and said.

Ojiro: If only I met this kid a long time ago.

Chapter 26 Ira's Gulch, mini-game challenge and the Calvary arrives!

Meanwhile back at the park the mini-game challenge was about to begin.

T.W and the others registered and went out to the game field looking over the rulebook.

(Reading)

T.W: This is your guide to be smart, be safe and have fun in the mini-game challenge.

Each competition has two opposing teams made up of 4 players. Each team must have a captain who's fair, fun and decisive.

Hakeru: Well I think it should be you. Your fun and fair-

Ari: And decisive.

Asura: Whatever that means.

Hakeru: All those in favor of T.W being team captain say I.

Hakeru, Ari and Asura: I!

Hakeru: The I's have it, say hello to our new captain.

T.W: Thanks guys. Now where was I? Oh yes-

He continued to read.

Ok next it says, players from both teams compete in various games to earn victories. The first team to make three victories wins the challenge.

The mini-games can be shorter, simplistic versions of traditional sports or other form of game.

The first game is decided by flipping a coin to see which team goes first and chooses the first game. Whoever wins picks the next game but if the opposing team has not yet won a game after 2 wins then they choose the next and or final game.

Overall there are 6 basic things to keep in mind-

Respect your team and opponents.

Treat the equipment with respect.

Improper conduct ruled by the ref can have you penalized or disqualified from the games.

The ref's decision is final unless told differently by an official judge.

Each game is set under a different time limit depending on the game and the challenge or challenges of the objectives.

Just have fun!

Hakeru: We can do that, right team?

All: Right.

T.W: Then what are we waiting for? Let's a party!

All: Yeah!

Meanwhile Pashmina and the others were just leaving the story spyglass ride. Penelope was bouncing alongside Pashmina feeling she enjoyed herself fully. Dexter and Howdy surprisingly had little to say to each other.

Stan and Panda ran up to catch them, he was finally able to explain of the predicament and before another word was said, they hiffed a bit and followed the scent to the train tracks.

Pashmina: The scent leads right through this tunnel. I do hope we find them in time.

Penelope dropped her head low feeling quite concerned.

Penelope: Okyoo.

Panda: I'm gonna see if I can find T.W and Hakeru, we need everyone's help on this one.

With that Panda went to the Yurushi Stadium knowing they went there unaware that they were now around in the area they used to be.

Stan: Well we better get going.

Pashmina: Right, now you stay close Penelope; I don't want you getting lost.

Penelope: Okwee!

So the three friends entered the dark, winding tunnel not knowing who or what they'd see next.

Meanwhile far on the other side of the tunnel in beautiful western country our other ham ham friends arrive at the sign the passes through town.

Hamtaro: Welcome to Ira's Gulch, this is the place all right, or should I say "I reckon."

Rami: You know I remember reading stories and seeing movies about a world that I thought was gone forever, but I guess somehow it lives on here.

Henrietta: I know the beauty of the architecture of these authentic shops and business buildings.

Liz: Yeah there's a general store, a toy shop, farms, post office, even a malt shop.

Cappy: What's a malt shop?

Liz: That's a 50's version of a Ice cream shop and they were famous for there malt milkshakes.

Sondra: Look there's even a boutique here.

Oxnard: And a sa-sa-s-s-sa

All: A saloon.

It was a tattered looking on both the in and outside but it seemed safe and inviting.

Hamtaro: Come on you guys focus; we can look around after we see the sheriff. We have to warn him-

He then sees Liz kinda squishing her face at him.

Hamtaro: Or her heh, heh heh, and make sure Ojiro is stopped.

Everyone agreed as they looked around to see on the left the sheriff's office. Soon they found themselves inside looking around at the interesting things they discovered.

Rami: Wow! This place looks like a page from a western tale by `O Henry.

Hamtaro: Who's that?

Rami: `O Henry was a human author who actually lived and studied the life of a cowboy or cowgirl whichever you prefer. He then took his experiences and collaborated them into some of the greatest western literature ever written.

Sondra: If only he could've seen all this, I wonder what stories he'd write today?

Voice: Well that'd be something to ponder.

Then looked over to see behind the desk was a somewhat ham. Her light corn syrup brown fur was loose and wild, she had a lazy pink nose, she wore a white cowboy hat and a urban red bandana.

Girl-ham: Well howdy strangers, what can I do you for?

Sondra: Are you the sheriff?

Girl-ham: That'd be me; I'm Ira the law around these parts.

Hamtaro: Ira? Isn't that the name of this town?

Ira: Yep it sure is.

You see my mother was also named Ira and she was the first female deputy in town. She helped save the town from a horrible desperado and she was given a lifetime seed fund to feed clothe and clean her home and family.

The mayor and sheriff were so grateful they re-named what was ounce "West Gulch" To Ira's Gulch. I was inspired by her work and wanted to go into law.

Liz: See? I knew there were women sheriffs out there.

Ira: Indeed there are, I'm the first woman to ever be sheriff here. So what's the 411?

So the hams explained the whole story and after hearing each and every detail she had a look of fear and disgust on her face.

Ira: Ojiro?! I can't believe he's returned.

Hamtaro: You know Ojiro?

Ira: Yes unfortunately, he was the guy that my mom help bring down. He was sentenced for banishment from the town and imprisonment but was let loose on a technicality. Now that we have pictures of him threatening hams lives we can nail him ounce and for all.

Thanks for the warning but now its best you get somewhere safe away from the streets as Ojiro is for sure coming this way and might try to harm you kids again.

Hamtaro: All right then.

Oxnard: So now can we go to the saloon, we haven't had anything to eat or drink for hours.

Hamtaro: I guess so.

Soon after saying goodbye yo Ira our friends left for the saloon down the open street when they meet up with some familiar faces.

Up ahead were Annette and Gari who had also been on the train.

Liz: Hey look its Annette and Gari!

Everyone was glad to see each other again. Annette and Gari explained they decided to join Hamtaro and the others after spending some time browsing through the park.

Hamtaro and the others explained of Ojiro and how this whole conundrum started and decided to talk more about it in the saloon.

Meanwhile elsewhere in the park, T.W's team took there positions as the ref flipped the coin to see who'd go first. T.W called tails and when the coin was flipped over it was tails so T.W's team would pick the first of three mini-games.

The games up for choosing were-

Marble boat races

Roller football

Strike for ya life

T.W and his team decide on "Marble boat races." The ref then explains-

The objectives of Marble boat races is to sail a remote controlled boat from one end of the pool to another, ounce reaching the flagged area on the other side, you the tag the next member of your team to play a quick one-on-one game of marbles only different.

Instead of winning the most marbles you have to knock out 4 marbles (4 for each team) then you must tag you next teammate and she must drag race a amount of 44 feet to tag his/her teammate for the final round.

This is to kick a soccer ball into a goal in one shot to end the race. The team has 4:00 minutes and the one who completes all the objectives, or the one who gets further along wins. If race ends in a tie the fastest time wins.

T.W: Well according to the rules the captain from each team must decide how to assign who will do each objective. Here's how I see it-

Ari should race the boat since he's the aquatic expert.

I'll compete in the marble challenge, Hakeru can compete in the drag race since she's had martial arts training she has great speed, and Asura you'll finish off by scoring the winning goal. So do we all agree on the order?

Everyone agreed fully

T.W: All right then let's party!

Meanwhile the opposing team wasn't so orderly. It was the Ojimara team which was built up of-

Ojimara

Suneo

Kanokou

And Juruji. They had won the mini-game challenge 5 years in a row and weren't about to let some upstarts beat them.

Meanwhile Panda had followed the others scent to where Pashmina and the guys had been before, he was well on his way but would he get the other's assistance in time?

What mystery could Ojiro be hiding? Will Hamtaro and the others be able assist Ira in this guy's capture? And where have Boss and Bijou been through all this?

We can promise an answer to some of these questions next time.

Preview of next chapter.

T.W: Hamha everyone! T.W here. While our mini-game challenge begins, back in Ira's Gulch Ojiro makes his surprise reappearance.

Ojiro: Yes, I told you I'd return and before this town is mine I'm going to find Hamtaro and give him the biggest surprise of his life.

Oxnard: Not as long as he's got us by his side!

All: That's right!

Hamtaro: Next time-

The games begin, while the battle continues

All: You don't want to miss it!

Ira: It's undeniably a showdown like no other.

Well after 2 days of labor I'm finished with this chapter of course. I hope you liked it.

PLEASE REVIEW!!!!