Hamtaro Fan Fiction ❯ Boss and Bijou's Reconcile ❯ The ultimate showdown, Ojiro's super surprise ( Chapter 27 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Everyone at the saloon had enjoyed an exquisite meal, after which they all decided to go and explore the town. After Sondra paid the bill they left for general store.

Meanwhile Stan Pashmina and Penelope finally reached the end of the long tunnel to see the same marvelous countryside there friends had seen.

Pashmina: Wow it's so beautiful here! Are we even in the park anymore?

Stan: It sure doesn't look it.

Penelope: Ookwee!

Chapter 28

The ultimate showdown! Ojiro's super surprise

As three friends followed a path alongside the tracks to town, Sandy had reached the finals of the gym meet. She now had the confidence to go all the way against Nina. Speaking of Nina she was first up and layed out an impressive show, that is until she fell off the mat trying to pull off a triple backflip handstand finish.

Then it was Sandy's turn and she matched her opponent move for move with one minor change, she attempted a quadruple backflip with a handstand finish with a split to go with it. The judges took both attributes from both competitors and after careful consideration-

It was a unanimous vote for Sandy not just for ability but for her spirit and confidence. A glow they had not seen for awhile. Her prize was a sash that read-

"Best Gymnast in show"

(1st place)

She also won a trophy filled with sunflower seeds and a gold ribbon signed by the European girl-ham gymnastics team. She was quite happy especially because a certain someone was there. The crowd gave her a standing ovation to top it off, and Jo got great pictures of the event, and as for Maxwell he knew that if she just believed in herself even if she didn't win it would make her a winner to him.

Everyone celebrated by going to Ice cream stand for a victory treat, amazingly the nearest stand was in the easy time corner where on the search for T.W and Hakeru Panda found them and filled them in on the goings on.

Soon the search led them to the site of the mini-game challenge, T.W's team was now leading 2 to 0, as the rules state the no-scoring team chooses the next game which was either-

Roller football or Volley-bop, they choose roller football. The object is to score touchdowns while on rollerblades, with two players on each team defend and two to score, the team with the most touchdowns in 90 seconds wins.

After everyone is set up T.W decides the order.

T.W: So does anyone have previous skating experience?

Hakeru: I do, I once used some skates from an action figure.

Ari: I've never tried but I'm willing to.

Asura: Only that one time at a roller rink my last vacation.

T.W: I've been doing it a bit longer so Ari and Asura you defend while Hakeru and I will try to score. Are we agreed?

Everyone nodded and there were out on the field, at that moment Panda and everyone else made to the stands for the final round. They didn't want to interrupt so they hoped it would end fast.

The ref put 90 seconds on the clock and started the countdown-

3!

2!

1!

Go!

The game begins and Ojimara's team has the ball, Hakeru slides through and steals the ball from Kanokou and ran for the goal, but Ojimara came by ready to steal it back when T.W came up and hip checked him right to the rear of his defense giving Hakeru the opportunity to score a touchdown.

Everyone in the stands cheer and some particular fans though had no idea what was going on cheered the loudest. Hakeru then tossed the ball to Asura. Ojimara's defense immediately goes after him but Ari dives in and grabs Asura dragging away from the defense, he then whips him around ricocheting to the goal line scoring another touchdown.

He then though a pass back to Ari but got intercepted by Suneo who passed it to Ojimara who was already at the goal line. T.W tried intercept but Ojimara caught it giving him another touchdown.

It was down 20 seconds and Ojimara's tied with T.W's 12 to 12. The next touchdown would decide the whole match, the whole time Jo had took pictures of the event and in the bleachers T.W had his video camera elevated to get all the action.

Hakeru had the ball heading for the ball but the defense clobbered her but was able to make an unorthodox pass to Asura which succeeds, Asura then passes it to T.W was at the goal line. 10 seconds were left-

10!

9!

8!

7!

6!

5!

4!

(Ojimara tried the block the pass but T.W jumped high in the air)

3!

2!

(He grabbed it and tackled him and rolled off the goal line)

1!

Time Up!

And with that T.W's team won 13 to 12, the whole crowd cheered as T.W's team was declared the winners of the second annual mini-game challenge. They won a 600 seed prize each, a first place ribbon, and a trophy that read-

"Mini-game challenge champions"

T.W

Asura

Hakeru

Ari

(You're number 1!)

Asura and Ari decided T.W and Hakeru should keep the trophy to remember the trip by. Soon after the event, Panda and the others explained the entire ordeal and quickly went to the tunnel that leads to Ira's Gulch. Overhearing the conversation Ojimara tells his teammates to go shopping without him as he was interested in this venture.

Meanwhile Pashmina and company had reached the entrance into town and began to search for the others. While at the general store everyone bought snacks for later and postcards to remember the trip by.

Pashmina: I'm sure this is the right place, maybe there in another town.

Stan: Well let's take a rest first; it took a long time to get here.

Pashmina: I guess you're right Penelope can't move another inch.

Penelope collapsed on the ground close to Pashmina unable to "Okwee."

Pashmina: Say was did Howdy and Dexter go?

Stan: They were right behind us, maybe they collapsed and we didn't notice.

Pashmina: Then Penelope and I will go back and check to see if their there. You stay here and find the others and let them know we'll be back soon.

Meanwhile above a nearby building engulfed in the shadows Ojiro took the opportunity to capture the unsuspecting trio and in a flash they disappeared from the streets but not undetected. Soon our other ham friends left the general store where Ira was there to greet them.

She explained that she noticed some hams that had just been taken by Ojiro. She takes them to the middle of the town where they last seen to discover a startling fact.

Hamtaro: What's this on the ground?

Hamtaro picked up a piece of evidence they wish they hadn't.

Oxnard: This looks like Pashmina's pink scarf.

Hamtaro: I think it is Oxy.

Liz: That means he's got her!

Sondra: She's not the only one.

Sondra then picked up one of Stan's maracas.

Sondra: I'd recognize this anywhere; it's one of Stan's maracas.

Henrietta: They must've come to help but ended up being hostages themselves.

Meanwhile somewhere in the abandoned outskirts of town was Ojiro's hide out where she our trio tied tight with steel rope. They were sent in a drafty room where they found they were not the only ones.

Pashmina: Oh where are we?

Penelope was shivering with chillness and fear.

Penelope: Okwee!

Stan: I'm not sure; it's so dark in this room. I think there's a flashlight over there I can just reach.

So Stan rolls over and after bashing against the light switch for 3 minutes he turned it on to see everyone was fine despite being tied up.

Voice: Well it's about time someone found a light.

Voice #2: Thank gosh I though I'd never see myself or anyone else again.

Pashmina: Hey, I know those voices. Stan moves the light over to the right to see the familiar duo we all know.

Pashmina: Howdy, Dexter it's you! Oh I'm so glad your safe.

Both: As we are you, Pashmina.

Pashmina: How did you end up in a horrible place like this?

Both: Well since you asked…

So they explained that when they were still tunnel-crawling they fell through some trap door and fell into a room surrounded by darkness, and then some black figure with a commanding voice came. Tied them up and the next thing they knew there were in this dungeon.

Stan: Well now that we've found each other we need to find a way out.

Dexter: Well the ropes are made with steel wool so we can't bite through them.

Howdy: Look there's a file over there, maybe one of us could cut themselves free. I think it should be you Pashmina.

Pashmina: Well actually I was thinking Penelope.

Penelope: Okwee?

Pashmina: She can then goes and find the others and lead them to were we are.

Voice: Good plan but don't you know the walls have ears?

Then lights mysteriously turn and in front of their eyes was the one and only Ojiro who had brought them here.

Pashmina: Who are you and what do you want?!

Ojiro: Relax my good woman relax, you want to know why I've brought you here? You I have something special planned for a certain hamster, Hamtaro I think it was.

Pashmina: Hamtaro? What do you want with-?

Pashmina then stopped herself fearing if Ojiro knew her ties to Hamtaro Ojiro would surely use it to his advantage.

Ojiro: Oh so you do know him, I thought so. You'll be the perfect bait to lure him out.

Ojiro then went to the wall and pulled a switch and the 5 ham friends fell through the floor and into an old mine car that started moving though a dark tunnel that ends at the back of Ojiro's hideout onto a path of train track leading into town.

Mean at the tunnel entrance to Ira's Gulch, Panda and the others had found a mine car big enough for everyone and were about to go in when-

Hakeru: It looks dark, how are we going to see if there's a hole up ahead or something?

T.W: Leave that to me!

T.W reached into his backpack and unveiled another one of his super tools.

T.W: This is a generation light. All we do is crank on the handle.

T.W cranked for about two minutes

T.W: Then we connect it on the front of the car and presto, light.

T.W then pulled out miner hats with cranks on them.

T.W: I also have miner helmets with the same generation technology, just crank-

(Put on hat and cranked the handle)

(Lights up)

T.W: And now we can see even better!

Panda: Great ingenuity T.W!

So just when there were about to depart, Ojimara came running towards them.

Sandy: Say, who's that coming towards us?

Asura: It's Ojimara, the guy whose team competed in the mini-game challenge.

Ojimara ran up to the train catching his breath from coming so fast.

T.W: Is something wrong?

Ojimara: I-I think there might be, I overheard you talking about a ham in black who took your friends. What was his name?

Panda: I think it was Ojiro.

Ojimara: Ojiro?!

T.W: You know this guy?

Ojimara: Of course he's my brother.

All: Your brother?!

Ojimara: This is more serious then you think we must go now!

T.W: O-ok hop in.

So after getting out one more generator miner's hat, they release the break and enter the tunnel wondering what could be happening to friends now.

Meanwhile in town everyone searched high and low but couldn't find Pashmina or anyone else. Soon they met back at the last place they'd been before they vanished.

Hamtaro: We searched everywhere and we haven't been find any of them.

Ira: Don't you worry kids, even if takes all day and all night I'll find them.

Henrietta: The things a lot of us have to leave in the morning so it's dire we find them now.

Just then they heard a crash.

Gari: What was that maman?

Annette: I'm not sure.

Ira: It came from stables out back, follow me!

So they followed Ira to the farm at the back of the town and entered one of the stables to see a surprising site. Inside a mine car was the familiar faces they were hoping to find.

Hamtaro: It's Pashmina and Penelope!

Oxnard: Stan, Howdy and Dexter are here too!

When the car crashed in the stable it knocked them uncurious, so they pulled the car off the tracks and rolled them to the local hospital. After a complete examination the doctor said they'd be just fine. Soon they awoke glad to see everybody.

Or almost everybody as T.W and the others made it to the station and quickly followed the other's scent along the path into town. Meanwhile after getting a good meal at the saloon Pashmina explained to the others of their journey to find them when they were tied and bound by a mysterious ham-in-black.

Everyone knew that had to be Ojiro, speaking of Ojiro they heard a familiar laugh and they race outside to T.W and the others where cornered by Ojiro.

Ojiro: Well if it isn't the sheriff and her rag-tag deputies, look what I've found more of the Calvary.

Hamtaro: Ok Ojiro this stops now, you want me so bad then come and get me but leave my friends out of this!

Ojiro: Of course whatever you say, meet me right here, high noon for Hamtaro; I'm calling you out.

Hamtaro: Fine! But-um what does that mean?

Everyone else fall anime-style.

T.W: It means that he want to challenge you to a gun fight.

Hamtaro: Oh now I remember, I always fall asleep when those scenes start.

Ojiro: Well none the less be right here in 4 minutes or I'll take back our agreement and your friends are fair game.

Then the wind whistled by and in a flash he was gone.

This gave everyone time to prepare for the final confrontation. Knowing Hamtaro would need a line of defense, so she went in her draw and brought a box. It opened to reveal a mini-pistol like the one the conductor used.

Ira: This is your mini-pistol for now. Normally I wouldn't let an untrained ham use it but in light of the circumstances I'll make an exception for you. Remember you only have to get one shot at him; the tranquilizer should work in a matter of seconds.

T.W: Good luck and stay on your guard.

Oxnard: Just be careful ok?

Liz and Jo: Get out there and show him what for!

Henrietta: Watch for tricks.

Maxwell: Use your smarts.

Sandy: Believe in yourself.

Hakeru: Stay strong.

Sondra: Give some attitude!

Rami: Beware of overconfidence.

Stan: Keep your cool.

Pashmina: Be on alert.

Penelope: Okwee! Okwee!

Pashmina: She said to do it for us little guys, or gals.

Dexter: Take him down hard.

Howdy: I got nothing except "Give `em heck."

T.W: Follow your heart and everything will be fine.

Hearing his friends encouraging him gave Hamtaro the strength to pursue this challenge, it was like Ojiro wasn't just facing him but everyone in one concentrated burst of emotions.

Soon the town clock reached high noon, the bells chimed, hams bolted there stores and homes down best they could, and two figures were the in the streets.

One of course was Hamtaro who had gotten in to the spirit and had on a reddish-brown cowboy hat and a belt where the mini-pistol was.

The other of course was Ojiro still in his usual Goth western attire, things were about to get underway when Ojimara came running out.

Hamtaro: Ojimara?

Ojiro: What's this you brought help? Don't you know this is a one-on-one showdown or did you fall asleep when that was explained?

Ojimara: Brother stop this, it's lunacy! What have these hamsters done to you?

Ojiro: Little brother I don't expect you to understand, you were still a baby affixed to our mama's knee, and you wouldn't know the tragedy.

Ojiro went on to explain that his parents were kidnapped by mysterious organization. They went though foster home until Ojiro could take care of himself and Ojimara proper. Ojiro believed his parents were gone for good while Ojimara believed that they were still alive and the went there separate ways.

Ojimara: That's right and I heard you had become a hardened criminal trying to find the people who took our parents.

Ojiro: Enough of this small talk I have a mission to finish, outta my way!

Ojimara decided to back down but as left he warned Hamtaro to be very careful.

Ojiro: All right here's how it goes, I'll count to three, after three we'll take out our pistols and fire, got it?

Hamtaro: Yes.

Ojiro: All right then.

1!

(They move in closer to each other)

2!

(They reach for there guns)

Everyone inside was starting to worry what was happening out there.

3!

Hamtaro drew the mini-pistol and fired the first shot but Ojiro dodged it. He then charged through with great speed and went right up to Hamtaro. He was so nervous as it all happened so fast he couldn't fire again, Ojiro then pointed his gun right at him. He pulled the trigger and something unusual happened, there was no sound that a gun was shot.

Hamtaro had closed his eyes not wanting to see what would have been fatal injuries, but funny enough he didn't feel hurt. How could that be he was too close to miss him-

When Hamtaro opened his eyes he saw a little flag pop out of the gun and on the side it had the word "Surprise!"

Hamtaro: Surprise?

Ojiro then laughed a booming laugh leaving Hamtaro even more confused.

Ojiro: Gotcha!

Hamtaro: Gotcha?! What's going on?

Soon everyone came out of the office laughing as well.

T.W: Hamtaro you're not going to believe this but (bursts out laughing).

Hakeru: This was all a joke!

Hamtaro: A joke?! How can you say that? He kidnapped our friends and tried to hurt us!

Cappy the odd thing is he's an actor.

Hamtaro then turned to Ojiro still very confused.

Ojiro: Yep it's true, I'm an actor though my is really Ojiro.

Ojimara: And we are brothers.

Hamtaro: Will someone tell what's going on?

Ojiro: Do you still have your ticket?

Hamtaro: Yeah?

T.W came out with Hamtaro's backpack.

T.W: Here's your ticket and a standard ticket, do you see the difference?

Hamtaro realized his ticket had the words "One millionth customer, while the other one did not.

Ojimara: You were the one millionth customer to buy a ticket. In result you we're given an additional piece of excitement by living out a real western adventure. When you bought admission into the park you went thorough an invisible fence.

This told us your name, and who came to the park with you. We then knew your friends would come to your aid in their own way.

I challenged some of your friends in the mini-game challenge, hoping your other friends who I saw split up would come to get you.

Hamtaro: If this was all part of the ride then why did you point that- thing at me?!

Ojiro: Oh well this isn't a real pistol, it's a prop made to look real, and the bullets I fired before were just bullets made out of paper fashioned to look real. Also there was a tape recorder in here the played the sound of a real gun shot every time I pulled the trigger.

Howdy: Then why did you put us in that awful dungeon.

Ojiro: That was supposed be part of the suspense but I think I went to far.

Ira: You see every so often we put on this show to attract customers but I think we got carried away.

Oxnard: You mean-

Ira: Yep I was in on it to!

Stan: So this place isn't real?

Ira: Actually we aren't technically in the park anymore. We're in a whole other world almost unchanged through time. From the snowcapped mountain tops, to the expansive beauty of nature, all the towns, shop, building here are real.

Hamtaro: So that story about your parents-

Ojiro: Actually that was true also, we're trying to find them. In fact there was a time I might have become the Ojiro you thought I was. I was so upset about my parent's capture I would do anything to find the people who had or knew who took them.

Because of my rash nature at that time a lot of people thought I really was evil. There was this guy who I found was part of the organization that took my parents. I had him were I wanted him and was about to give him what for when I stopped and realized.

Everyone already thought I was bad this would confirm it, so I backed off then and there.

When I saw you would have truly sacrificed yourself for real to help your friends it realized how lucky I didn't do what I almost making me a true criminal did.

Like Ira told you it's true I had been convicted of crimes I didn't commit and was let loose by technique.

Soon I decided to get a job here and found my brother works here as well. So we decided to make this an attraction. Obviously we thought you knew but we began seeing you were scared for your friends realizing this must you're first time here.

Ojimara: We're sorry if we scared you.

Cappy: What about the engineer and conductor's bruises?

Ojiro: Stage make up and some sound effects.

Everyone took in all of this and just had to laugh, the less scared they felt the more they laughed.

Hakeru: Oh what time is it?!

Ari: Our matches start in 70 minutes!

T.W: There competing in the tournament here.

Hakeru: Speaking of which with all this excitement going on you haven't been formally introduced. Everybody this is Ari.

Ari: It's nice to meet you.

Soon everyone who hadn't met introduced themselves and after an extra I'm sorry from everybody they went back to the train station to return to the park.

Hamtaro: Well we better get going.

T.W: We hope you find your parents someday.

Ojiro and Ojimara: Thanks, urn-I mean "much obliged."

Everyone laughed again.

Henrietta: Say do you happen to see our friends Boss and Bijou anywhere?

Both: Nope

Ira: Sorry.

Pashmina: Don't worry, Penelope found another activity this will tell us where they went.

Just then the conductor blew his whistle and shouted-

All aboard!

Then the engineer sounds the train's whistle and the train moves from the platform.

Ojiro: Bye everyone!

Ira: Come back soon! There's more to this place then you think!

Ojimara: Take care!

T.W: Bye!

Sandy: Later!

Hamtaro: Don't worry we'll be back someday!

And so with tearful goodbyes all around our ham-ham friends venture to find Boss and Bijou and cheer Ari and Hakeru on at the martial arts tournament. What surprises await our heroes next?

Find out next time!

Preview of next chapter

Hamtaro: Hey everybody! It's Hamtaro here-

T.W: And T.W! Well that was a venture and a half wouldn't you say?

Hamtaro: I know now we're all together, expecpt for Bijou and Boss.

Henrietta: But we'll find them now that we have the guide in our paws.

T.W: Next time-

Return to the tournament! Boss and Bijou get romantic!!

All: You don't want to miss it!

Cappy: They'll never believe what happened to us!

T.W: They'll have too, they gave me footage from the whole thing!

Hamtaro: It's undeniably cheerful.

Well I'm sorry it took two days but now were finally going to see what happens to you know who. So get ready and-

PLEASE REVIEW!!!!