Hamtaro Fan Fiction ❯ Boss and Bijou's Reconcile ❯ The semifinals begin! The dark warriors vs. Ari and Hakeru ( Chapter 34 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Chapter 35

The semifinals begin! The dark warriors vs. Ari and Hakeru

The crowd was a buzz of excitement as the next day of the tournament began.

DJ Hamada: Hey DJ Hamada here on the 4th day of the 5th annual Ham-Ham Arcade's martial arts tournament. Things will be different today as in the next 4 rounds of competition the 12 remaining fighters have been randomly paired up for double the action, double the intensity, and double the fun.

Then a lady came into the announcer booth and sat beside Hamada. She put on a headset and pulled up a mike.

Lady: Yes sirree it's gonna be one load of a day.

DJ Hamada: Speaking of doubling the fun the voice you just heard was none other than my new co-anchor Shapira helping me help you bring you all the action. First in our line up upstarts Ari and Hakeru are paired against the dynamic duo know only as the dark warriors.

The four combatants enter the stadium and leap into the ring.

(Screen shows a head shot of Ari and stats)

Shapira: From what I've seen in replays up here in the booth this Ari seems like one tough cookie, and not a bad looker who's made it all the way to the semifinal round.

(The screen then shows Hakeru's head shot and stats)

DJ Hamada: Hakeru has been just as formidable, it seems fate has pitted these two together to do wonders in this tournament.

Hakeru and Ari waved to the crowd and there friends were cheering them on, including a familiar hoggish individual. The dark warriors were engulfed in a dark brown hooded outfits and could only see there feet and hands. The one on the right was tall and broad and the other is short and quick looking.

Hakeru: Um uh, oh! It's an honor to fight you both.

The two bow and they bow back.

Ari: Don't you even have names you can tell us?

(Takes off his hood)

Tall one: My name is Shuri.

(Also takes off his hood)

Short one: And mine is Asoko.

Both: And we are both the dark warriors!

(Screen shows a head shot of Shuri and stats)

Shapira: Shuri the oldest in this duo uses his seasoned kickboxing and all around fighting skills make him a killer of an opponent.

(Screen shows a head shot of Asoko and stats)

DJ Hamada: Asoko like Ari has proven time again that size doesn't matter and with the aid of a wooden dagger and some mad wrestling skills make him contender.

Ari: Well those are some stats. But stats aside we're no slouches ourselves

Hakeru: That's right. We can hold our own when were together or apart, so draw your weapons and get ready!

Asoko takes out his dagger-

Shuri: Only Asoko has a weapon, I can make quick work of you both with no device but my bare paws.

(Smirks and grits his teeth)

Ari: Oh we'll see, just try me.

Opano: Ok everybody on my mark-

3!

2!

1!

FIGHT!

It was a silence among the ring and the stadium, all sides in position waiting for the right moment strike.

DJ Hamada: The silence is making me crazy and nothing has happened yet.

Shapira: Patience Hamada, they'll be action soon enough.

Sure enough the action began as Asoko and Hakeru ran towards each other and aimed there weapons at each other.

(Lunging her sword)

Hakeru: Super heart joust!

Asoko: Lunging thrash!

Their attacks clash and they each take a whack at each other's leg. They both hopped and yelled in pain. They then went beside their respective partners.

Ari: Sheer brute force won't work Hakeru; we need a strategy of some sort.

Hakeru: I'm all ears, what's the plan?

Ari: We'll combine our attacks in one fluid motion.

To here

Hakeru: Okay!

Ari takes out his sword and clanks it against Hakeru's and they start merging there separate energies into one.

Shuri: Hmm?

A white aura was emitting from the two friends and took there positions.

Up in the stands there friends could see there teamwork in action.

Boss: Yeah that's it guys, a little teamwork and you've got `em!

Gari: Go team Hakeru and Ari!

(Thinking)

T.W: That's it Hakeru, with Ari at your side, and us cheering you on you can't loose.

Ari and Hakeru: Now prepare yourself-

The two take a defensive position.

Then the two come right at them and tackled them hard, they took some damage but were able to slide away. Then they swing there swords and knocked them to the ground.

DJ Hamada: Wow! What a move! Ari and Hakeru really know how to work together.

Shapira: It seems there no strangers to each other as they seem familiar to the other's energy. But this fight has a long way to go.

The dark warriors get up and Shuri says-

Shuri: Not bad I'll admit, but now it's my turn.

Shuri builds up his energy and goes to Hakeru for a throw, but Ari steps in and engages him hand-to-hand.

Hakeru: Thanks partner.

(Straining)

Ari: No prob Ruth.

He then latched on Shuri's paws hard-

Ari: Phantom crush!

He then released a dark aura from his hands and transferred it to Shuri's body inflicting excruciating damage.

Pashmina: All right!

Penelope: Okwee!

Shuri was weakened but was still standing.

Ari: So you're still standing? I expected nothing less.

Shuri: Hmph! It won't be that easy to bring down a dark warrior, right Asoko?

Asoko: Indubitably. Come on sweet cakes, let's go again.

Hakeru assumed fighting position-

Hakeru: Sure, but don't ever call me that again.

Hakeru engages in fast speed, she latches onto Asoko and leaps high in the air. She does a half flip and knee checks him in the back landing hard to the ground.

DJ Hamada: Now this is what I'm talking about! Hakeru took charge and has the upper hand.

Shapira: Yes but for how long?

Hakeru quickly lands and goes for a low kick to Shuri but easily dodges and implements a punch right on the chin landing her on all fours.

T.W: Hurry, get up!

Hakeru struggled to get up but couldn't move, just when Shuri was about to strike Ari kicked him in the side to knock him to the ground, Then Asoko came from behind to pile drive her and Ari stepped in and they both crashed into Shuri just inches away from Hakeru.

Ari easily gets up and brushes off and pulls Hakeru up from the ring.

Ari: I think it's time we used our secret weapon.

Hakeru nods and they start to glow, over Hakeru's sword a winged heart appeared and then her sword grew longer and took on a more bent shape which began to glow.

Shuri: This is interesting.

Hakeru began slashing her sword to test out new found powers

Hakeru's sword then went through another transformation to an elongated Japanese sword with that winged heart inscribed on it.

Ari who was now wielding his sword was a bit taller then before and had a more commanding voice just as before.

Asoko: What kind of power is this?

Hakeru: It's my inner power; I hope its caliber enough for a dark warrior. Please forgive me if this is a little rusty, I've only used this power once before.

Ari: Hey why don't we do a double?

Hakeru: Sure.

They raise the swords and gather the energy inside their swords and glow immensely.

Ari: Wings of beast!

Hakeru: Eclipse Moonlight!!!!!!

They thrust their swords forward sending the attacks combined together at the two, Asoko took great damage and fell outside of the ring.

The light cleared and the final ruling was made-

Opano: Asoko is out of the ring and in accordance with the rules of a doubles match since Shuri is still in the ring, Ari and Hakeru must decide who will continue the match.

Ari: If you want to, then I'll-

Hakeru: Not another word, I can see the ferocity in your eyes. This is your fight no two ways about it.

Ari: Hakeru?

Ari looks down and Hakeru says-

Hakeru: Just make me a promise-

He raises his head-

Hakeru: Take him down for the team.

Ari: Right.

Then she powered down and left the ring and headed for the stands were her friends were.

DJ Hamada: So it's decided, Ari will continue the battle solo against Shuri.

Shuri looked at Ari with great amusement and fear.

(Thinking)

Shuri: I've never felt such power from anyone, should I concede?

Ari: If you don't want to continue, it's understandable. I personally won't hold it against you.

(Thinking)

Shuri: Can he sense my thoughts?! No! I won't loose like this, I won't!

Ari: So have you decided?

Shuri: Yes. Don't hold your breath rodent; I'll avenge my partner's loss. Its part of the code we dark warriors live by.

Ari: Okay but I warn you, I've entered a new phase of my training.

Ari then points his sword forward and charges towards him ready to strike. Just as he swung his sword Shuri grabbed it by the sides and twists it sending Ari flipped over and landing hard on the ring floor.

DJ Hamada: Amazing! In a devastating throw by gauging Ari's sword without cuts or injuries and executed a beautiful throw, Shuri we'll surely be dominating.

Shapira: Don't be so sure Hamada from where I stand this has only begun.

Ari stubbly got up and grabbed one if Shuri's legs and bend it knocking him down.

DJ Hamada: Uh oh! Look's like Shuri's down!

But then he gets back on his paws. He is limping.

DJ Hamada: He's okay! But it looks like one of his legs is broken! And boy, we sure do have short legs. So it must hurt a lot.

Shapira: Hmph. You don't know Ari more than me. He's taken more than this. Just watch him go.

Shuri: So Ari, tell me, how's it feel to face me? Does it feel good that you're facing me?

Ari: Oh keep talking. You'll only make me mad.

Shuri: I'm waiting to see this power you possess. I believe you have it stored up for me. I bet you can't wait to use it.

Ari: No. I don't need it to beat you.

Shuri: Really? Then tell me, what if I were to say, that I can make you stronger?

Ari: What?

Shuri: Join us! We could sure use a fine fighter like you. Why, with you amazing powers, we could be invincible! And you could be the next leader. You would want that, don't you?

Ari: Sorry! No sale!

Shuri: Well then. I hope you had a good time here, because it's time for me to end this, once and for all!

He powers up.

DJ Hamada: Whoa! What's this? It appears Shuri seems to be powering up for a devastating attack! How will Ari take this?

Shapira: He can't.

Ari: This doesn't look good.

Meanwhile up in the stands-

Boss: Oh!

T.W: What's wrong?

Boss: My hamster sense is tingling, and very deeply.

T.W: What could it mean?

Asura: I'll tell you what it means; it means Ari's a goner!

Hakeru: No! We can't loose the faith guys; I know it's not over!

Hamtaro: How do you know?

Hakeru: Ever since I've seen Ari in action I can tell you I just feel something about him. Remember his fight against Tomo? It looked like he couldn't win but he got back up and with a power I've never felt and witnessed before.

I felt a similar feeling when I fought Irizu, so I just know Ari can take this guy.

T.W got up and said-

T.W: Your right Hakeru come on hams let's show Ari our support!

Everyone was inspired and greatly cheered Ari on but was uncertain of what will happen next.

Shuri's powering up! What will he do? Find out next time!

Preview of next chapter

Hakeru: Ari's really in the zone this time, though he's powered up in the same way when he fought Tomo… Something's very different. His face, his eyes-

Are you still my friend?

T,W: Next time on the Hamtaro Generation special-

Get your heart back Ari! Hakeru's prayer

Hakeru: You don't want to miss it.

Ari: Have I truly become a monster?

T.W: I don't think so, just remember who you are.

Hamtaro: It's undeniably in-depth.

Sorry about the wait, and a special thanks to Issac for helping to spice it up. Though don't get the wrong idea, we're not collaborating on this story this has been a T.W original from the beginning to here, I only got some necessary help. Expect the next chapter of our true collaboration soon.

PLEASE REVIEW!!!!