Hamtaro Fan Fiction ❯ Boss and Bijou's Reconcile ❯ Ham-Ham Arcade is coming to an end Slide to finish! ( Chapter 42 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Hakeru: I was really nervous about facing Aoshi, but when he talked me into facing him it was like something changed about him. He used to be one of few words, but now he was bursting with words during our battle but tried his best as well. There was a time I thought I couldn't go on but I could feel the strength of T.W and everyone which gave me the power I needed to win. Soon after I split the prize with my friends and I'll always keep this day and this whole trip in my heart forever. I think Aoshi will too as he joins our large group of friends.

Chapter 43

Ham-Ham Arcade is coming to an end Slide to finish!

Soon after they left the boardwalk the sun had left and a starry night fell, everyone had went to the heart of the park and split up for awhile. Walking under the lights overhead we see T.W and Hakeru walking through the many shops and food stands in the park.

T.W: So after over three days would you say the tournament everything you'd hope it be?

Hakeru: It was, there were fighters from all over, but something just hit me.

T.W: What?

Hakeru: I was the only girl competing.

T.W: That is true, I was reading a pamphlet on the tournament last night and there have been few women competitors for entire 4 years the tournament including this year. But there was a higher turnout of women fighters the first year and o woman was a first to win the prize.

Hakeru: Well that's nice to know.

T.W: You think you might come back next year and defend your title?

Hakeru: Well I'll be training of course but it depends if Susan will be out.

T.W: Make sense, well whatever the reason we have to come back someday.

Hakeru: I agree. It's sad we have to leave tomorrow.

T.W: Yeah but it's the only way we'd all get home in time.

Hakeru: That's true. Well I'll never forget this trip.

She then stopped and held out her paw-

Hakeru: Take my hand T.W-

(Blushing)

T.W: Uh-ok.

And with that they walked hand in hand through the park. Up above on a searchlight pole was Aoshi looking down at them. Meanwhile in a food court on the other side of the park Tomo sat on the ground by a bench eating a large bowl of stew with Ari lying on top of his back.

Ari: You certainly ordered extravagant, a giant bowl of Scallop and wild mushroom stew.

(With mouth full)

Tomo: Well with the seeds Hakeru gave me easily paid for it and I've still got loads left over. Besides I was hungry.

Ari: That's true I suppose, I can't believe I'm going to make my dream of opening a flower shop a reality. That's why I'm saving all Hakeru gave me, and should still have some left when I add this to what I saved already.

(Gulps)

Tomo: So you're sure you're going to open this potpourri stand?

Ari: Yeah, you want to make something of it?

(Bulgy eyed and nervous)

Tomo: Oh no, not at all.

Ari: I mean I think beating you would prove I can be macho, besides how can even a real man such as yourself not be moved by the first spring flower of the season. Or the first Tulips of summer, or the first cherry blossom of spring floating in the wind

Tomo thought hard of Ari's words and began to realize how much he forgot something important as he shed a tear.

Tomo: Boy you sure know how to make a strong man cry *sniffles* I forgot how much I loved the first cherry blossoms of the year.

He looked down to see his friend who was tearing up a bit.

Tomo: I guess I can't hide it forever.

We flashback quite a ways to when Tomo was a small piglet and was walking down a path alongside his father.

(Narrating from the present)

Tomo: When I was younger I loved it when spring came, it meant my father came home. He works as a coal miner and treasure hunter. And after he was done with his work in the mine he would travel all over and sell what he found in combination with the money from working in the mine made sure we had food on the table all the time. He would always spends his weeks off at home resting and being with me and mom.

We then forward to a scene where Tomo and his father walk up to a hillside on the edge of a cliff with two old oak trees behind them and saw in front there was a beautiful widescope view of the cherry blossoms.

Tomo's father: Don't you just love the springtime son?

Young Tomo: Yeah daddy. Especially when you come home on spring break.

Tomo's father: I like that too.

He smells the crisp and sweet air with the fragrance of cherry blossoms.

Tomo's father: Ah! I love to see and smell the cherry blossoms in the air. It was always my favorite smell.

Young Tomo: I thought mom's Gingerbread, an autumn breeze and mud were your favorite smells?

Tomo's father: There all my favorite, mom's Gingerbread is my favorite smell of winter and Christmastime right before the Christmas tree. I love fall for it's crisp and windy breeze. And of course mud is something all our kind love on hot and humid days or rainy days just as long as we don't tell our parents.

Tomo laughed at his father's joke as they continued to look out to see cherry blossoms fluttering by in the wind.

(From the present)

Tomo: That was a day I'll never forget. Afterwards we went to that cherry tree orchard and sat on a beautiful blanket I help make and on it was a delicious dinner mom made. The next day he had to return to work and on the cherry blossom festival. I understood he had to work and that's why he made the day before so special.

The flashback ends and we find ourselves back in the present next to the bench at the food court where Tomo had finish his stew after slurping the last and longest noodle.

(Slurps it right up)

Tomo: So in a way flowers give me great memories of my father.

Ari: That's a nice sentiment Tomo.

Tomo: Thanks Ari, just promise me you won't tell anyone. I'm not ashamed but-

Ari: You don't have to explain, I know just what you mean. I promise.

Tomo: Thanks, for listening.

Ari: That's what best friends are for.

Tomo: Best friends?

Ari: Well we've gotten along better then I ever thought possible and I consider you the first real friend I've had. T.W told me that you can make friends with someone without realizing it and in a way we were friends all along. So even though once your enemies so even though we were on opposite sides at one point we soon found we were made for each other.

After thinking about it for a bit Tomo found truth in this and felt content.

Tomo: I see your point, best friend.

So afterwards they leave the food court and talk of other fond memories from their homes. While in another part of the park Sandy and Stan sat at a café table having a smoothie. Sandy took a sip and said-

Sandy: Well I knew Hakeru could win all along, she's a tough girl.

Stan: I know, very tough.

Sandy: So I guess this isn't coming as a surprise to you?

He shook his head.

Sandy: I've wanted to ask you this since that day, why? Why did you give her false hope?

Stan: I didn't, or at least I didn't try to.

Sandy: Stan sometimes you're unbelievable! You should've seen the look on Hakeru's face when she came to me. She was upset and nearly broken to pieces. It took her a long time to get over it fully.

Stan: I tried to apologize but I didn't exist to her anymore. How can make it up to her if I don't exist to her anymore!

Sandy almost gasped as she was so surprised. Usually her brother had a calm collective voice even when things got serious, he had never used that strong a tone at least in her presence.

Stan: I'm sorry sis, but I do care about what I've done. I even tried days ago remember?

Sandy thinks of this as she goes back to remember that day in Sotoro village so we flashback to that day on the beach.

Sandy and Hakeru were lying down on a hilltop watching the clouds go by.

Sandy: You know sometimes you just don't want to do anything but just stare at the clouds.

Hakeru: Yeah I know what you mean sometimes you just have to kick back.

Sandy: So where did you learn that samurai stuff?

Hakeru: I've self taught myself through books and manuals. One time Hakeru took me to a martial arts tournament and I watched every move, every attack, and every defensive maneuver that the ring displayed.

Sandy: You think you could teach me I think it my help my routine.

Hakeru: Sure, it makes sense as the movements in fighting and swordplay have ties to dance and gymnastics I've always found a way to link my samurai training to dance.

Sandy: I'm beginning to see what you mean, you know T.W's right you're pretty amazing.

Hakeru: You're not so bad yourself Sandy, though that brother of yours-

She ten points to Stan who's flirting with the local beach crowd, some guy, some you know.

Hakeru: Has he always been an over sexed low-down snake in the grass playboy?

Sandy: Well, yes and no.

Hakeru: How do you mean?

Sandy: I mean sure sometimes he can be a real pain but sometimes he can also be pretty cool. Don't tell him I said this but he really did like you he just has trouble with commitment.

Stan had noticed Sandy and Hakeru talking and after saying goodbye to the beach crowd he walked over to them. He was really nervous around Hakeru.

Stan: Uh hey sis, Hakeru.

Hakeru: Hey Stan what's up?

Stan: Well I heard you guys talking and I thought there's something I had to say. I'm really sorry I didn't tell you that other side to me. It's just I really like you and I thought if you knew it would destroy our friendship.

Hakeru was kind of shocked that those words came form Stan, Sandy was speechless.

Hakeru: I never knew there was this side to you Stan, and I find it really sweet.

Stan just blush and stammered, he then said goodbye and walked to the far end of the beach so no one see him blush.

Sandy: Well who saw that coming?

Hakeru: I sure didn't

The flashback ends back at the café table where the two siblings had finished there smoothies.

Sandy: I forgot about that, sorry.

Stan: It's alright.

Sandy: Well we had a talk and I think things are going to be okay for now. Hakeru's still a little shaky but I think things will be alright.

Stan: That's cool, I've never been like this before, it's weird.

Sandy: Yeah but it proves you at least a little concense and now you know it exsists I hope you'll try to listen to it more.

Stan: I will, thanks sis.

Sandy: Hey, what's a twin for?

It seems things are getting close to normal, meanwhile Aoshi was sitting on a rock inside a fountain over by the roller coaster.

Aoshi: I've never felt this way before, I guess I never thought of having a friend this much. Ever since I left to start my journey for strength, I never gave friends a fair shake since. I wonder after all this time to myself if I'd really be a good friend to someone else?

He flashes back to an hour ago-

Aoshi: You've lit up my fighting spirit again, I thought after the long year of training since I won last year's tournament no one would be a threat, then like a breath of fresh air you came and proved that there are still challenges ahead. So thanks.

Hakeru: You're welcome but this victory wasn't easily won, you're training paid off greatly and I learned a lot from you. So thanks for the lesson.

She held our paw and he held out his and they shake.

Hakeru: So now that the tournament's over, let's be friends okay?

Aoshi: Yes, let's be friends.

The flashback ends and we return to a lonely badger on the rock with his white ponytail sailing in the wind.

Aoshi: Well I made a promise to Hakeru so I'll do my best to keep it.

Then with an oncoming breeze he was gone, soon while waiting for everyone Hamtaro, Boss, Bijou and Oxnard waited on some benches by the large slide.

Oxnard: Boy am I exsaughted, we probably shouldn't have gone to the roller rink.

Hamtaro: Yeah, or at the very least not have eaten so much before going.

Boss: Tell me about it.

Bijou: Well I'm just fine, it's a good thing I only had a pumpkin seed.

Voice: Lucky you.

They turned to see it was Asura limping by plopping right down on the floor.

All: Asura!

Bijou: We wondered what happened to you.

Asura: It took awhile on one foot, but I'll be fine enough to take you all back this morning.

All: This morning?

Asura: Yeah it's morning now, look up.

Everyone looks to see it was morning in the sky as the sun was just rising over the ferris wheel as everyone came to meet the 4 waiting and tired conpainions.

Soon before leaving they went on go on the 100 thrills slide greatly pleasing Asura who could now brave the highest level with all his new friends.

A little tome after they go out to the parking lot and knew it was time to say goodbye.

Hamtaro: Well we better get going.

Asura: Yeah my remote controls on the fritz so we'll have to walk to my plane. It's on the same dock that I brought you here on.

T.W: So does everyone have all their stuff packed?

All: Yep!

Henrietta: This is so exciting, I've gone on a trip before.

Liz: Nither have we.

Jo: I hope we're not putting you out.

T.W: Nope, I enjoy guests.

Annette: We wish we could come but we really have to head back, but we can come to wish you off.

Gari: Yeah and expect a letter soon.

Hamtaro: We look forward to it.

Ari: Well after you guys leave I'll be heading for home as well.

Tomo: Me too.

Hakeru: Well we understand, you come visit when you get the chance.

Both: We'll be sure to.

Just then Aoshi came up to them.

Aoshi: And I'll be sure to as well.

Hakeru: Great, I think we'll all be great friends.

Ojiro: We'll escort you to your veichile, it's the least we can do.

Ira: We're thankful for your friendship-

Ojimara: We're still sorry for what we did.

T.W: Guys it's okay, we already forgave you.

Trio: Thank you.

Boss: Well we better get going.

As they left for the city they heard alarms from all over the park.

Hamtaro: What's happening?

Oxnard: I don't like the sound of this.

Preview of next chapter

Hamtaro: A cat? Here!

Hakeru: What'll we do?

T.W: I wish I knew but for now, we run!

Asura: Next time-

Cat attack! The great chase through Paris

T.W: Please look forward to it.

I might as well tell you now that there are only two chapters left in this story so get ready.

Please review! And be in depth.