Hamtaro Fan Fiction ❯ Hamtaro Generation II ❯ What is important to Wolves Part 1 ( Chapter 13 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Hamtaro Generation

What is important to Wolves

Part 1

It was a quiet summer day at Willow cave which was home to Aaron and Sota, Sota was in his bedroom packing up food, a scarf and some bandages for scapes in his shoulder bag.

(Narrating)

Sota: For those of you who don't already know I'm Sota, the sweet and loveable wolf cub. But don't get the wrong idea I"m modest too, I'm a woodland child and live in Willow cave. I have my very own room, it's super big and has a chest full of toys, a attached bathroom and a really great view.

Just then Aaron came in with a hair brush in his mouth-

(Spits the brush out)

Aaron: Come on Sota we're going to be late.

Sota: I'm coming already!

(Narrating)

Sota: That's my big brother Sota, he may seem a little uptight at first but he's really cool.

Aaron: Did we have breakfast, my memories so rattled I can't remember for sure.

Sota: Yes we did, we brushed our teeth and groomed our fur.

Aaron: Good, I'm all packed. Let's go!

So the two left out of the cave and headed off into the woods.

(Narrating)

Sota: Wait a minute, I'm getting ahead of myself, we need to go back a bit.

So we flashback to one evening last week when Aaron was sitting amongst the council while the council leader was reading from the scripture of the forest.

(Narrating)

Sota: This is the forest council, this is where the forest dwellers get the most up to date info. Aaron attends it every day, I can't go because I'm too young at least that's what Aaron says. Up on the podium is Eriol he's an owl and loves to read/ He leads the meetings and is one of the most wisest in the forest.

Eriol: And so in conclusion we as forest dwellers need to do our part to keep the forest in balence, meeting ajurned.

As everyone left Aaron walked up to Eriol who was gathering his books and papers up-

Aaron: Great meeting as always Eriol.

Eriol: Thanks, it was fun.

Aaron: Do you need some help with those books?

Eriol: No thanks, I have a wagon.

Aaron: All right well I'll see you next week.

Soon Aaron returned home and as soon as he entered the living room he saw Sota playing with his toy soilders on the area rug-

(To soilders)

Sota: All right men, we have a tough job ahead of us. This will be our toughest mission yet, are you ready?!

Aaron: Sir, yes sir!

Sota was startled and looked at his toys questionibly.

Sota: Guys, was that you?

Aaron: No it was me.

Sota turned around to see his brother with his cheerful sly smile.

Sota: Oh I knew it was you the whole time.

Aaron: Sure you did, are you ready for some dinner?

Sota: You bet, what are we having?

Aaron: Fish stew, you're favorite.

Sota: Well it's one of my favorites.

As they walked towards the kitchen Aaron was thinking of something, after dinner while Sota went outside to play Aaron went to his bedroom. He rummaged though his things until he found a musty red bandana and a tin whistle.

Aaron: This is all I have left, to remember you by.

As he looked at these old items his mind began to wander to a previous part of his life, and so we flashback to 5 years ago when he was Sota's age and Sota was a small pup. It was far from where they lived now deeper into the forest and up near the mountains. It was a bright sping day and they were play tackling each other, rolling around on the grass having great fun.

(Laughs)

Young Aaron: You're getting better, you almost got me that time.

Sota chuckled and went over and snuggled close to his big brother and licked his face.

Pup Sota: Abby.

(Sighs)

Aaron: I do hope you can say Aaron soon.

As a soft wind brushed up the grassy plain the flashback ends and we see that back in the present Aaron shedding a tear of happiness.

Aaron: Yes I had nearly forgotten the old days, how quickly they pass you by. I could act like any other kid and I was simply a big brother ro Sota, but now I have to be more than that ever since that untimely storm.

As he gazed deeply at the bandana and glasses we flashback again 5 years ago near that same grassy plain only this time the skies were dark and tempremental. The thunder and lightned showed no sign of letting up, the rain and hail pounded with tremendous agnst and a family of four were running to a safe haven they knew of. Well the children didn't know but the mother and father did.

Young Aaron: Where are we going?!

Father: To the mountain shelter, we head to the river and then follow it upstream!

Mother: Are you sure this is the way, it's hard to see in all this rough weather.

Father: I'm sure, I can smell the river getting closer.

As they ran they saw a bolt of lightning strike a tree, luckily any fire that could've started didn't do to the pouring rain but the tree still fell to the ground just a meter away from our family of four. While Aaron had been running the whole way the young Sota was riding atop his father's back, their mother was not far behind as they finally reached the river. Just as they were about to jump in they notcied a barrel floating upstream.

Father: We could use that!

He jumped into the water and pushed the barrel in-

Father: You and Sota get in quick, your mother and I will push it up the river.

Aaron quickly jumped in and the mother quickly put Sota in. She then took off her bandana and wrapped around them to keep them fairly warm.

Mother: You'll be safe here.

Aaron: But what about you?

Mother: I'll be alight just stay calm.

She then jumped into the river and helped the father push the barrel uptstream, they swam for what seemed like endlessly when a bolt of lightned sent another tree down this time into the river, as the family hit the rapids the tree came out of nowhere and pushed the mother and father away. When Aaron peeked from out of the barrel he saw his parents drifting further away-

Aaron: Mother, Father!

Father: Don't worry, we'll be fine!

Then he took the whistle from around his neck off with his teeth and tossed it to Aaron who caught it with his teeth.

Father: Keep it close, and play it. We'll hear it!

Mother: Take care of your brother and yourself, we'll be waiting for you at the mountain shelter!

As the drifted further out of sight Aaron put the whistle around his neck and went back inside the barrel and snugled with Sota and stayed under their mother's bandana and slowly went to sleep. Many hours later the storm finally died down to a gentle rain as the barrel washed ashore to a place surounded by rocks and a stone flooring. The barrel fell on it's side and woke a sleeping Aaron who looked to see they weren't in the river anymore.

Young Aaron: Where are we?

He slowly walked to see the harsh storm they were in had lifted and only a gentle rainfall remains, he looks around this new enviorment to see there was a small cave up ahead.

Young Aaron: Hey this must be... It is, it's the mountain shelter!

He was so excited that they made it but then he got a little sad.

Young: Aaron: Oh yeah, how could I forget. Mother and Father didn't make it. Well they said they get here when they could so we'll just wait for them in the shelter. Right Sota, oh Sota I left him in the barrel!

He quickly went back and propped his little brother on his back making sure he was still wrapped around his mother's bandana to keep him warm-

Young Aaron: Honestly Sota you can sleep through anything.

Soon they made inside the mountain shelter and waited, and waited, and waited.

(Thinking)

Aaron: We must've waited for over 2 weeks but they never came, luckily I could fish for our food and still we waited and every day I would play the whistle hoping they'd hear it but no one replied. Soon after we decided we couldn't wait any longer and as soon as the sun shone again we left to find a new place to live just the two of us. Soon after we found Willow cave and made friends with the forest council who helped us out. We started a new life for ourselves but still...

The flashback ends to see Aaron's face soaked in tears-

Aaron: Still I believe there out there somwhere, and I'll never loose hope.

Outside the bedroom door Sota had been listening and felt sad right along feeling just as incomplete. Later on the moon had surfaced and night fell and Aaron was tucking Sota in his bed-

Aaron: Well we had a busy day, you sleep well ok?

As he walked away Sota asked-

Sota: Why don't you talk about mom and dad anymore?

Aaron was shocked to hear that question.

Sota: I wasn't trying to pry but I heard what you were saying in your room and I want to know. I was so little when it happen I don't quite remember but one thing I'm sure of was that the first night we spent here. I asked you what happened to them and you didn't tell me. As I got older you still wouldn't tell me and I never knew until today so please, tell me all that you know about our parents Aaron.

Aaron: Are you sure your ready?

Sota: Yes so please tell me.

Aaron was unsure if he could do it, but he realized if they share their loss together they'll both feel better in the long run.

Aaron: All right, here goes.

So deep into the might he told Sota all abou their parents and how well they took care of them. How they taught him to fish and swim and when Sota was younger their mother would nuzzle him until he felt safe and warm. Lastly he showed him the things they left for them.

Aaron: This was the bandana mother wrapped us around with to keep us warm and dry in that barrel.

He then tied it around Sota's neck, then he showed him the whistle and blowed it and a graceful sound came out.

Aaron: Our father gave me this, he said to play it and they might hear it, at the mountain shelter I blew it everyday hoping they'd hear it. Soon after we left and lived in Willow cave ever since, I'd often go to the dump at night when you were asleep and find things that humans no longer used and cleaned them and fixed them up. I even found toys childeren didn't want and gave you something to do. Whenever you asked where our parents are I felt if I told you your youthful spirit would be broken so I waited until you could handle it and I guess you are old enough to know and now you do.

Sota: So that's why you seemed so far out of my reach.

Aaron: What do you mean?

Sota: Ever since we've been separated from our parents you changed, it's all starting to come back to me. You were just my big brother then now you're trying to be a parent too. It's made you super serious and I never see you laugh like you use to.

Aaron really didn't know what to say to that, he never realized he changed so rapidly but didn't know what to do about it. Later on at night he went to his bedroom but couldn't go right to sleep even though it was very late.

Aaron: More serious, am I really that different today then 5 years ago?

Meanwhile Sota was in his bedroom also not able to sleep and and as he felt his mother's bandana around his neck he noticed he felt a lump and when he took it off he noticed there was a secret compartment.

Sota: What's this?

He dug inside and found and folded square of paper, when he unfolded it he saw something amazing-

Sota: Wow, could this be...

The next day right after breakfast they lay out the paper on the area rug in the living room to see it was a map

Sota: This is a map of our old neighborhood right?

Aaron: Yes Sota, it is. I'd forgotten what it looked like.

Sota: Hey, there's something written on the back.

They then fliped it over and saw there was a message from none other then there mother, the message read-

Dear Aaron and Sota

I wrote this in case we ever got separated, if we're not at usual meeting places in an emergency this will show you the way to where we're waiting. Please hurry and follow the way

Mother

Sota: This is great, with this map we can find mom and dad.

Aaron: But it's been years, what if there gone by now.

Sota: Oh come on Aaron, we have to try. I want to try, please can we go?

Aaron knew it was long shot since so much time had passed, but his little brother had a point. It;d only be fair at least to try.

Aaron: Ok, let's go for it.

Sota: Yes, race you to the pond!

As he ran for the cave enterance Aaron quickly got ahead of him.

Aaron: Well we can't go now, we have to pack somethings we need, A trip like this takes planning.

Sota: Aww.

Aaron: Don't worry we're defenitly going we just need some things.

Sota: Ok, then let's get started.

(Narrating)

Sota: Ok now that you're brought up to speed let's get back to the present.

We return to the present to find it was a nice summer afternoon and our brotherly duo sat under a shady magnolia tree about to enjoy a nice light lunch. Sota was a little dissapointmed to see only two apples in front of him.

Sota: Is this all we're having? I know you packed more than this.

Aaron: I did but we have to conserve our food, we don't want to run out in the middle of our trip. It's a long way to where mom and dad might be. We should check the map again-

So they brought out the map and check their posistion. They saw the Magnolia tree they are sitting under and notice there's a bridge across the river and beyond that was the wild garden.

Aaron: Ok from here we need to cross the bridge over the river and I can smell the rushing water from here, let's hurry and eat so we can continue.

Sota: Gotcha!

So they each enjoyed a juicy red apple and after continued on., while the journey is long and possibly perilous they believe that somehow they'd find their mother and father someday.

Preview of next episode

Sota: I travel, long and hard. With my big brother by my side, I'll find what's missing. I'll find it, nuture it and experence it to the fullest of my childhood.

Aaron: It wasn't until awhile back that I realized, my heart is different now then that of 5 years ago.

Sota: Episode 13 is "What is important to wolves Part II" I hope you look forward to it.