Hamtaro Fan Fiction ❯ Hamtaro Generation II ❯ What is important to Wolves Part 2 ( Chapter 14 )

[ A - All Readers ]

What is important to wolves Part II

The sun was shining with a bright and tantalizing glow over the breezy grasslands as Aaron and Sota continue their quest and swaping past experiences along the way.

Aaron: Say did I ever tell you about the day you spoke your first word?

Sota: No, tell me.

Aaron: Well I'll never forget it, it was one day in the fall. I was trying to teach you to ponce when you called me Abby.

Sota: Abby? But that's a girl's name.

Aaron: Well it was the closest thing you could to Aaron at the time.

Sota: When did I start to say your name properly?

Aaron: That was around the time, well sometime in the spring before...

Sota: Before that storm when we got separated from our parents?

Aaron: Yes, now don't worry because I know we'll find them.

Sota: I know.

They travelled for quite a distance, by following the map they crossed the bridge over the river. As they walked they saw someone ahead of them.

Aaron: Hey there's someone's up ahead.

Sota: I wonder if they're going where we're going.

Just then one of the travelers stopped moving and walked towards them.

T.W: I knew you looked familiar.

Then the other hams stepped forward and it was a pleasent surprise for Aaron.

Aaron: It's so nice to see you all again, but you don't usually come out this far do you?

Hakeru: Well no but we decided to go somewhere new.

Hamtaro: We thought since we were in the area we'd come and visit you but you weren't home so we continued our hike.

Sota: Well now that we found each other why don't you come along with us. We're on a great quest.

Aaron: Now Sota I thought this trip would be between us brothers.

Sota: Well they're our friends, you don't want to be rude do you?

Aaron: I'm not trying to be rude, and besides unlike us most of them have dedications to their familes and we must be conious of that.

Sota: I guess you're right, I'm sorry. But maybe you could come part way with us?

Boss: Sure we'd love to, right guys?

Everyone agreed.

So now our brotherly duo now had a few compainions as there journey continues-

Hamtaro: So what's this quest about?

Sota: We're looking for someone important.

Cappy: Like what?

Sota: I probably shouldn't say, it's kind of private between me and my brother.

He looks ahead to see Aaron leading the expiditon with T.W on his back reading the map.

Aaron: So where are we now?

T.W: According to the map we're coming to a fork in the road.

Sure enough they stopped at a fork.

T.W: Now from here the path on the left would take us back home and the other path continues into wild garden.

Aaron: Well this is the point of decision, is there anyone that must return home?

Oxnard: I think I better, it's getting late.

Bijou: I better go too, but I wish you luck on your journey.

Sota: I understand, but thanks for coming a ways with us.

So most of our friends had left for the path home except for 4.

Aaron: Don't you guys have to get home?

T.W: Nope my schedule's clear and I need an adventure. It's been too easy going lately.

Hamtaro: I just remembered that Laura is sleeping over with friends for a couple days, I'd love to come if you'll have me.

Boss: And with a name like "wild garden" you'll need a guy with expertise with the landscape so I'll come along too.

(--)

T.W: I thought you only specialized in fields not gardens.

Aaron: Thanks everyone, I'm greatful for your help more than you know.

Sota: Ok enough mushy stuff, let's get a move on!

So the newly formed party of five continue on the path of their journey. Soon night fell and the two lay under an evergreen tree, Sota was asleep with his favorite blanket snuggled around him with Hamtaro and Boss asleep on his back. Over by the fire Aaron was on alert for trouble and T.W kept him company.

T.W: You've been quiet, is there anything bothering you?

Aaron: Well I'll tell you that Sota and I, are looking for someone very important. I hope you understand why I can't tell you or the others, I'm thankful for your friendship but it's a private matter between brothers.

T.W: That's fine, we'll be right by your side when you need us.

Aaron: Thanks.

Soon a gust of wind blew the fire out and Aaron slept standing up with a sleeping T.W atop his head. The next morning came slowly and silently as the sun crept up on the sky, the air was fresh, crisp and clear. The sunlight shined on the tender leaves in the trees and droplets of morning dew twinkled on the leaves of the tree. A drop of morning dew fell from the tree and landed right on T.W's nose and woke him up still asleep atop Aaron's head.

(Yawns)

T.W: Is it morning already?

He looked around to see the dark sky of the night had gone and a warm yet cool breeze blew through.

T.W: Oh it is, we better get a move on.

He then taps on Aaron's head and grogily opens his eyes.

Aaron: Huh, what?

T.W: It's morning, and we still have a long way to go according to the map.

Aaron: Right, but we better eat first.

T.W: Don't worry I've got it covered.

So while the others slept Aaron gathered stray branches for a fire and T.W took out some of his things and a cast iron griddle pan, after Aaron made a circle of rocks and put the sticks inside T.W set his things out and picked up two flint stones and scaped pieces of it onto the sticks until it flamed.

Aaron: That's clever.

T.W: When you travel as much I have you know these things. I'll make apple pancakes for us and you can make those yakitori I've heard so much about for lunch.

Aaron: You're in luck, I made some before we left, we'll just heat them up at lunch.

Soon as the last pancake was on the griddle the others woke smelling the scrumptious meal ahead of them, everyone sat in a circle an enjoyed a fine meal.

Sota: Wow T.W, this is as good as everyone described.

T.W: Thanks, that's the benifit of homemade.

Hakeru: There so moist yet firm, and the apple topping is great.

Boss: These are great but I think we should check to see how far we've come.

Hamtaro: Good idea.

So Aaron took out the map and everyone looked to see where they were.

Aaron: Ok we're just outside the wild garden. If we go through it we'll we much closer.

Sota: Then what are we waiting for, to the wild garden!

So after putting out the fire carefully and packed everything up our friends ocntinued their journey heading into to wild garden, unaware of what lied ahead.

Aaron: We should be through by the morning's over.

(Riding on Aaron's back)

Hamtaro: But I wonder why it's called the wild garden?

(Riding on Aaron's back)

T.W: It's probably because of the many flowers, plants and food that grows here, and since there's a wide diversity of things grown here naturally. It also might be possible that threre was a farm here a long time ago.

(Riding on Sota's back)

Hakeru: I thought it meant there'd be firce wild animals around here.

(Riding on Sota's back)

Boss: Don't worry, as long as I'm here you'll be safe.

They walked through for quite some time, soon the sun rose high to indicate the afternoon had begun. At lunch they started another fire and T.W took out a grill plate and placed it over the flames as Aaron placed the skewers of yakitori on it and began to cook. While T.W and Hakeru left to find some berries the others watch and smell the yakitori.

Sota: Is it ever going to be done?

Aaron: You can't rush good yakitori Sota, it'll be ready in a few minutes.

Boss: T and Hakeru better hurry or they'll be all gone when ther done.

Hamtaro: They have been gone awhile, I'll go see if I can find them.

So our plucky friend got up and began to look for them, a little bit away T.W and Hakeru had found some superb wild strawberries and began to pick some.

T.W: These will be the perfect dessert for our lunch.

Hakeru: Yeah, but somethings been bothering me.

T.W: What?

Hakeru: Well how can we be of any help to Aaron in his search if he won't tell us what he's searching for?

T.W: It does seem off I know but as friends we have to respect his wishes. I talked to him last night and he told me he and Sota are searching for someone important. He didn't tell me who but wether we know who or not is not the issue. We can help Aaron and Sota best by keeping them company, as much I'd like to help more as you and the others do we best just leave at that. If they want to tell us they will, don't you think that's best?

Hakeru: I guess you're right, I just hope our being with them is helping.

Later on everyone was enjoying some wonderful yakitori, while Aaron and Sota snacked on the ones with fish and vegatables, the hams share and enjoy a large one made with wild carrot,celery and roasted chesnut pieces.

Hamtaro: This is great Aaron, just as good as T.W's cooking.

T.W: Indeed, you must come to the cafe and help out sometime.

Aaron: Thanks, well with a picky appitite like Sota's you have to do exstensive research of what works.

Sota: Well you've done your homework.

Boss had just sat quietly after only taking two bites.

T.W: What's the matter, you've barely eaten.

Boss: It's nothing, I wasn't very hungry.

T.W then took a hunk of a carrot peice and shoved it in his mouth-

(With mouth full)

Boss: What'd you do that for?

T.W: You have to eat a least a little somethimg more, do you want to get sick again?!

(Gulps)

Boss: All right, just don't do that again.

Everyone laughed a bit and continued to enjoy their meal, afterwhich they greatly enjoyed the wild strawberries T.W and Hakeru picked and a after dinner mint finished the meal. Soon after they packed up and they continued to walk through the garden.

Sota: I hope we get there soon, all four of my feet are killing me.

Aaron: After our last check of the map we should just make it by nightfall.

Just then a hissing sound caught up with Aaron's ears and stops instantly in his tracks.

Sota: What is it?

Aaron: I'm not sure, but I think something's coming.

T.W: It could be sometihng dangerous, I heard it to.

(Takes out wooden sword)

Hakeru: Well we'll be ready for it!

Just then they heard the sound again and saw ahead of them a shaking bush, everyone was on gaurd until they saw that a small skinny green snake come from behind the bush.

Sota: It was only a little garter snake, they're harmless.

(Sighs)

Hamtaro: Thank goodness.

(Stutering)

Boss: G-good t-thing to, otherwise we'd have t-to get tough.

(Thinking)

Aaron: I don't know, something tells me it wasn't the garter snake I heard.

Sota: Well we better get going-

Aaron: Sota wait!

Then they heard the hissing sound again and a large red snake with sharp fangs slithered out in front of Sota-

Sota: Oh no!

Aaron: Sota don't move!

Sota tried not to move and didn't but he was terrified, the little garter snake was scared to and hid behind Boss wiggling-

(Laughing)

Boss: Hey stop, that tickles!

Then T.W grabs ahold of his mouth-

T.W: Quiet, we don't want to intice him.

(Muffled)

Boss: It wasn't my fault, he's tickling me.

Then the snake looked over to see the little garter snake and decided to pursue and he quickly slivers away from Sota-

Sota: It's after the garter snake, look out!

It leaped towards Boss luckily T.W pulled Boss out of the way and the garter snake quickly followed after, Hakeru then ran towards Sota and leaped off his back and bashed the snake's head with her wooden sword and landed a reasonable distace away.

Aaron: Careful Hakeru, that red snake's poisionus!

Hakeru: You just get the others to safety, I'll hold him off.

So the others quickly leave but Sota didn't budge.

Aaron: Come on, Sota!

Sota couldn't move he was still paralyzed with fear, meanwhile the red snake was at batter with Hakeru who he couldn't get at, but just as she was about to knock him out she tripped over a rock and fell giving the red snake the opprotunity he needed-

T.W: Hakeru no!

Then Sota snapped out of his frozen state and ran towards her-

Aaron: Sota come back!

Sota then ran up to the snake and shielded Hakeru-

Sota: Just go away and leave her be!

The snake hissed and leaped out at him but he quickly and carefully grabbed Hakeru with his teeth and got out of the way, he then lay her down on the ground and with a mighty leap he pounced on the snake and bit his tail which made him super mad and flinged him away. He now had his sights set on Sota and Aaron quickly ran, just when the snake was about to strike Aaron pushed Sota out of the way and the snake bit him instead right in the side-

Sota: Aaron!

Hakeru just regained coniousness and couldn'r believe what she saw, Aaron was so overcome from the shocked he passed out and the snaked slivered toward his intended target. Sota was trembling with fear and didn't have enough time to run, just when it seemed hope was lost a powerful voice was heard-

Voice: Hold it right there red!

The snake and everyone looked up to see up on a rocky ledge was a large wolf, she wore a bandana around her neck and had a angered look in her aburn eyes. She then leaped from the ledge and right in front of the snake.

Wolf: I suggest you back away before I do it for you.

Then she turned towards Sota-

Wolf: Get out of here quickly!

Sota: But my brother-

Wolf: Just go, I'l protect him.

So without another word said he propped Hakeru on his back and ran towards the others while the mysterious wolf saught to end this. The snake saught to go after the others and quickly slivered away but of course the wolf ran after-

Boss: He's coming this way, we have to get out of here!

Sota: But we can't leave my brother.

Just then Hamtaro felt he had to do something and ran towards the snake-

Boss: Hamtaro, come back!

He quickly runs behind the snake and like Sota bit him in the tail making him even angrier and he wrapped his tail around him in a bind-

T.W: Hamtaro!

The snake was about to eat him when the mysterious wolf tackled him and his grip lossed and Hamtaro was flung far away until he slammed into a tree trunk and passed out, the others quickly go to his aid while the wolf stares hard and angry in his eyes snarling which scared him off and slithered away.

(Shaking him)

Sota: Hamtaro, Hamtaro you gotta wake up!

Then the mysterious wolf walked toward them and were wondering what would happen next.

Wolf: You can relax, I won't hurt you. That slither is gone now.

T.W: Thank you, if not for your help we might not be here.

Sota: Yes thanks for your help but what about my brother.

Wolf: Yes that's right, we must see to him now.

So after Sota propped Hamtaro who was still knocked out on his back they quickly go over to Aaron who's still alive but still not able to awaken. The mysterious wolf examines him.

Sota: Will my brother be alright?

Wolf: His heart's still beatin regulary but the poison in his body is spreading, we have to act fast. We'll take him to my village.

Hakeru: What about Hamtaro?

Wolf: He'll be fine, the wind's just knocked out of him, now hurry every second counts!

So everyone follows the mysterious wolf right out of the wild garden and deeper into the forest. Will Aaron make it through, who is the mysterious wolf that saved them and when all is said and done will the ones the brothers searched to find be found?

Preview of next episode

Sota: What do I do, my brother's injured, Hamtaro's unconious. Please don't leave me Aaron, I know you'll be fine but...

This wolf, even though we've only just met she feels familiar. Episode 14 is "What is important to wolves Part III."

Part three will come soon and in light of what my friend stated I'd like to make something clear-

Issac/Issac2 wrote: Hmm..This should be interesting. But five years, shouldn't they be half of an adult by now?

In anwser to this question I say this-

As far as the age thing for Aaron and Sota goes Aaron is around 20ish and Sota is around 16 in dog something years. But for the most part I go by human years it's just eaiser that way and after all it is a story, if I was to go by the real life years there'd be too many variables and I can't spend my time finding out the specs if you know what I mean.

Given that I'd say Aaron is around 16 and Sota is 7, also Aaron's birthday is March 29. I haven't figured out Sota's birthday. Does that help?

Also to find out what Yakitori is please go to this website-

www.japan-guide.com/r/e102.html

I hope you enjoyed, please review, signed if you can.