Hamtaro Fan Fiction ❯ Hamtaro Generation II ❯ What is important to Wolves Part 4 ( Chapter 16 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Before you read this please open another window and go to this address-

www.digimon.animemanga.de/dl/download2.php?id=68

Then click "Downloaden" to download a song I used. To play it you need wither winamp or realplayer and you'll need winzip or something to open it or you can right click it and choose explore and double click it and it will play on your realplayer if you have it.

The lyrics in the ending theme are to the tune of the song but are not the lyrics to the actual song.

Hamtaro Generation

What is important to wolves Part IV

The sun shone bright and warm and the gentle song of the wind made it the perfect temperature as Anna showed her boys around the town.

Aaron: I never realized how big the town was.

Sota: I can't believe you've lived here the past 5 years.

Anna: Oh it's been much longer then that. We all lived here together, you don't remember since you were so young at the time.

Aaron: That's right yes. It's starting to come back to me. We did live here, but I thought we lived in the mountains.

Anna: Well actually we went on a trip up to the mountain for a sort of vacation, you remember?

Aaron: I think so.

Sota: I'm trying and the only thing I remember is the day we got separated, just barely.

Anna: You were still young, it's understandable. But don't fret, now we'll share memories we all can remember starting today.

As they walk through town they meet everyone for what seems like the first time, memories began to flood back to them, meanwhile the hams decide to do some exploring and go out to the nearby pond. Hamtaro and T.W were having a stone-skipping contest and having great fun as they skip stones across the calm, reflective water.

Hamtaro: Yes, I win again!

T.W: How do you do it?

Hamtaro: Come closer I'll show you my secret technique.

Meanwhile out on the other side of the pond Boss and Bijou we're sitting under a

Curved Cyprus tree and Bijou was looking particularly down.

Boss: What's the matter Bijou?

Bijou: It's nothing just, it wasn't until I came here that I realized how much I miss my mother.

Boss: I guess you don't remember much?

Bijou: Not really, it seems so long ago.

The wind picked up and brought a lavender aroma in the air-

Bijou: I do remember being born, as odd as it sounds. I remember it so vividly, when I saw my first sight was my mother smiling at me.

Boss: I don't think it sounds odd.

Bijou: I had a feeling you wouldn't, thank you.

They looked up at the sky watching the clouds take shapes-

Bijou: I just thought I'd remind you, that our relationship remains platonic.

Boss: I know.

Bijou: And you're ok with that?

Boss: It gets easier every day, I just want to be a good friend to you now.

Bijou couldn't believe he could say that with such confidence and without at all looking back.

Bijou: Well all right then, I just thought I'd mention it.

Boss: Sure, I understand.

As she watched the clouds seemingly play with the wind she began to feel freer than she had before, she and Boss were now simply good friends. At the same time as she looked back on awkward times past, she realized how lucky she was to have many care for her as they do.

Meanwhile Anna and her boys returned home and how nice they felt to really feel at home again.

Sota: Wow mom that was a nice tour we had.

Anna: I'm glad you both enjoyed it.

Sota: When's dad coming?

Anna: He should be here soon.

That's when Aaron realized something-

Aaron: Of course that's it!

He quickly went back outside puzzling his mom and brother; as soon as he got outside he took the whistle in his paw and blew hard. Anna and Sota then look out the window and it all comes together.

Meanwhile farther away it just so happened that Aaron and Sota's father was on his way home from a great camping trip with two wolf cubs on his back. He then heard the sound of a familiar whistling sound.

Father: Can it be?

Meanwhile the three wait outside their home waiting for their father/husband's anticipating arrival. Just then a large husky wolf came from up the road and once he saw Anna and just as great his once lost sons his expression was indescribable.

Father: Can it be?

Anna nodded without saying a word, he walked closer and closer still he then gave them each a whiff and then knows it true-

Father: Aaron, Sota it is you.

It was a light hearted feeling all around as he quickly nuzzled them.

Father: Welcome home sons.

Aaron: We're glad to be home dad.

Sota: Ditto.

Soon after Anna took Sota out back and the two wolf cubs followed as Aaron and his dad sat out on the porch watching the sun slowly sets.

Father: So how've you done these years past?

Aaron: We've done ok, it wasn't easy at first.

Father: I imagine it wasn't easy?

Aaron: You try being and older brother and father figure at the same time. It's hard to juggle the two.

For awhile his father didn't speak, he felt a shadow of regret in his heart, if only he searched harder Aaron could've have a normal childhood to just be him.

Meanwhile outside in the backyard the mysterious wolf cubs are playing in the tall grass while Sota and Anna talk.

Sota: You know, until recently I hadn't thought of you and dad.

Anna: What do you mean?

Sota: Well Aaron never talked about you much, I guess it hurt him more than I knew at the time and he was plenty enough. But sometimes I missed things a kid my age needs, a mother's great cooking, guy talks with dad, bedtime stories with you and most of all another trip to the mountains and will stick with you the whole time.

Anna: I'd like that too, you were so lucky to have Aaron around at least.

Sota: Yes I was, but now he's changed. I guess he had to so he could help me but he's not the brother I remember.

Anna: I know what you mean, he's certainly grown up. Maybe he had to grow up too fast.

She looked down to the floor thinking-

(Thinking)

Anna: I wonder what we should do now Cliff.

Meanwhile at the front porch-

Aaron: I did the best I could with all my ability but I'm afraid I've lost my feeling of what it's like to be a kid.

Cliff: I know just what you mean, just a year after I married you're mother she was pregnant with you and I didn't have a clue on parenting, but I learned a little bit each day and once my nose felt your brow I've never looked back.

Aaron: I don't understand quite what you mean.

Cliff: I'm saying that we've found each other and you can go back to what should be your carefree period. You can move back in with your mother and me as well as-

Just then Sota and Anna emerged from around the back of the house with those mischievous cubs right behind.

Sota: Aaron you won't believe this but you're a big brother again!

Aaron: What are you talking about Sota?

Then he saw two impressionably young cubs at his feet-

(Giggles)

Anna: I guess it's time to tell you, just three years ago we had two other children.

One was brown with a dark mahogany patch around her eye and the other was grey and husky like his father.

Girl: Hello, are you my long lost brother?

Boy: Duh, of course he is.

Sota: I was shocked too. The brown one is May and the grey one is Genki.

Genki: Genki-san if you don't mind.

May: Forgive him he likes to feel grown up.

She then lays down before Aaron which embarrasses him.

May: It's great fortune to finally meet you.

(^^)

Aaron: Please rise, there's no need to be so formal.

Sota: These guys never seem to tire out, they love to play almost more than me.

Aaron and Cliff chuckled a bit at that bit.

Sota: Say Aaron I guess this makes me a big brother now too, pretty neat huh?

Aaron: Yeah, pretty neat.

Later that night after their parents had gone to bed Sota sat on the porch gazing at the night sky waiting for Aaron and the hams to return, just then he saw his brother returning alone and sat beside him.

Aaron: Sorry I took so long, they decided to camp out by the pond to give us some space.

Sota: Ok then.

They just sat there for awhile and then Aaron said-

Aaron: You know, mom and dad asked if you'd like to live here from now on. This is we're grew up at least for a little while and we'd sure to make new friends.

Sota: But what about Willow cave, the council who helped us in our time of need, and the ham-hams.

Aaron: We can still see them and I thought you liked being a big brother now?

Sota: I do but it's odd, I've never seen kids younger than me of my own spices anyway. Besides it wouldn't be easy to help rambunctious tykes like May and Genki. May is sweet and gentle while Genki seems to be full of bright energy.

Aaron: Now you're beginning to see how I felt when you were born though I'll admit you aren't as rough around the edges as Genki.

(Sighs)

Sota: Whew, that's a relief.

They boomed with laughter and continued to weigh the aspects of moving in, that's when they realized something very important.

Aaron: You know what, you're right. We've built a great future together. We don't have to give it up now.

Sota: Yeah but maybe we should stay awhile.

Aaron: Are you sure?

Sota: Well no but with mom and dad taking care of me you can get in touch with your inner kid. I'll stay if you want but you go back at least. You can always visit, it's you turn to be a kid.

Aaron didn't know Sota could speak this vividly before, there was something new about him. A maturity that was positively glowing.

Aaron: I've never heard you speak this way, it's so refreshing.

Sota: Well it's the truth, you've cared for me my whole life since we were separated from our parents. It's now your turn to care for just you, I'll stay here and assume my big brother role.

Aaron didn't know what to say to answer that, he began to tear up but tried to hide it

Aaron: Well if you think it's for the best…

Sota noticed tears dropped from the ground-

Aaron: Then ok, I'll head back first thing tomorrow.

It was very silent, no one spoke and it was a night of knowing silence. The next day Aaron is all packed and the hams are beside him.

Aaron: Well I better get going; it'll be a long trip back.

Anna: You should take the left path which will get you back to the road without crossing the wild garden just in case that snake's still around.

Cliff: You be sure to come back again.

Aaron: I will.

Anna: Now you have the meals I packed?

Aaron: Yes mom. I've got everything.

Sota looks sad but tries with all his might to put on a brave face. Aaron lowered his head to his brother's eye-level and said-

Aaron: Cheer up, I'll be back.

(Tearing up)

Sota: I know but, you're the only big brother I have and we've never ever been apart.

Aaron: Now come on, keep up your proud face; you have to little tykes that need you just as much as you needed me.

He then looks over to see May and Genki bright-eyed and looking in the eyes of their big brother, not Aaron but Sota.

(Tears break up_

Sota: Ok, you just go and be happy.

Aaron: I will, and I'll tell everyone goodbye for you.

So with a cheerful nod and smile our friends set to leave and get further away, they were just about to set foot in the forest when-

Sota: Wait!

Sota ran quickly towards Aaron and tackles him straight away; as much as he tried to suppress it he cried tears of loss all over his brother's face.

Sota: Forgive me but, I don't want to see you go. I must be the biggest baby in the world.

Aaron: No your not, your just telling me how you feel

Sota then got off his brother and tried to wipe away the tear marks.

Aaron: Now listen Sota, I know you still feel like the youngest but that isn't so anymore. May and Genki depend on your guidance and leadership; give them an impression of family pride and justice just as I've taught you.

He then licked away Sota's tear marks with his tongue-

Aaron: Promise me you'll try, not just for them and not just for mom and dad but for you.

Sota: I will as long as you promise to be the best kid anyone ever knew.

Aaron: It's a deal.

Sota: Let's seal the deal like we used to.

Aaron: Oh Sota I think we're both to old for that now.

Sota Oh come on, Abby.

Aaron: Well, all right. But just for you-

They sat up and turned away from each other, they move their tails together and twist them together in a braid like a version of a pinky swear.

Sota: And so with our tails braided in a knot, our promises we keep for all time.

Aaron: And so with our tails braided in a knot, our promises we keep for all time.

They loosen their tails up and then look at the brother standing before them.

Aaron: I'll always be your big brother.

Sota: And I'll always be beside you.

Then from out of the blue Hamtaro walks up to them and said-

Hamtaro: This may not be my place to say, but why not stay a little longer?

T.W: Yeah this is your family, if you can't visit them proper who can you?

Aaron then realized he didn't have to go now and simply replied-

Aaron: That's sounds like a marvelous idea.

And so for one more day Aaron and Sota stayed together and really got a feel for their now found parents and all this town had to offer, the hams also enjoyed this trip and sitting under an old late-blooming Orange tree atop a rocky cliff ends a great day-

Hontou no Tsuyosa begins to play and while the newly complete wolf family looks out form the cliff under the sweet smell of the blossoms, the hams all dozed under a shady rock-

(Singing)

Aaron: Ever since our journey began I began realize an important part of myself, I thought I'd probably never see again would reappear.

I have changed in five years time, but it was because you were so young. But look now see how much you've grown.

(Singing)

Sota: I knew that from the time that our journey began, to find them all that we simply had to do was believe. I knew that we would find our hope, though it was hard sometimes. I could not have made it through it all, without your support, your sorrow and your love.

And that's what made me grow U-Up!

Both: And even though we may argue loads some of the time anyway, all in all it's been a wonderus blessing to have a brother like you. You really bring out the very best in me ya know?!

I'm so proud that you're a brother of mine!

During the instrumental T.W wakes and quietly slips away as not to wake the others and climbs up the tree secretly watching the happy wolf family finally reunited and all together.

Aaron: Now that we're again a family of four, I'm so relieved that I can finally be the childish me. Though this has taught me how to be wise, patient and mature. Now I can be a kid again, but I'd never trade that time with you for anything.

I'm so proud to be your big bro-o!

Both: And even though we may fight a lot along the way ya know, it's ok because I bring out the very best in you. I know in the sayings sink or swim, do or die.

We couldn't be closer brothers you and I!

And even though we may argue loads some of the time anyway, all in all it's been a wonderus blessing to have a brother like you. You really bring out the very best in me ya know?!

I'm so proud that you're a brother of mine!

Credits roll-

Original story-T.W

Story planning-T.W

Character situations-T.W

Cast

(In order of appearance)

Aaron

Sota

T.W

Hakeru

Hamtaro

Boss

Cappy

Oxnard

Bijou

Anna

Tana

Cliff

Song-Brother of mine(Sung to the tune of Hontou no Tsuyosa Ken and Wormmon duet theme) Aaron and Sota's Duet theme

Inspired by Tottoko Hamutaro by Ritsuo Kawai as well as Hamtaro Generation by T.W

As the song ends we take one last look at the happy wolf family and-

(Narrating)

Sota: So that's the story of how we found our parents, the events we're true, the moments genuine and the feeling priceless.

Then we get a close-up of Sota who says-

Sota: It's a new life, starting right now.

*Winks*

FIN

And we fade to black

This 4-part episode is dedicated to my family and to anyone who has a loving brother

Thank you for reading this special episode of Hamtaro Generation, I hope you enjoyed it.

Preview of next episode

Hamtaro: It seems that summer only just started.

T.W: I know and now it's about to end.

Hakeru: We sure had some great times.

Bijou: And some not so great.

Pashmina: Through pain and fearful times.

(Almost a whisper)

Penelope: Ookwee, Ookwee Ookwee!(Growth and maturity)

Asura: Under this blue sky.

Boss: But through it all, we've always been together.

Oxnard: What are you saying?

Hamtaro: The next episode is "A summer ends, prepare for the best part I." I hope you look forward to it.

(A single chord)

Jingle: And so to summer we bid adieu and to autum's changes and turbulence we "Viva la diiferance."

Please review and be in-depth!