Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Harry Potter and the Ashes of Hope ❯ Chapter 30: Arrival 2 ( Chapter 30 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I do not own Harry Potter and please read Chapter 1's note I insist!
 
Evergreen Sceptre...- Remus has accepted Moony for the most part. But he still has some issues with his other self. Luckily Moony is a patient beast....for in growing with Remus he has learned a few things that more then qualify him as an Alpha wolf.
 
And as to the other questions...all in due time...
 
Frequency Queen...-Unfortunately yes.
 
Thanks to all of you, who have wished me a Happy Birthday... I got steadily drunk and happy with my friends. Just now recovering....
 
Chapter 30
 
Arrival 2
 
It is said that music attracts those that need to hear its song. After all is it not true that music soothes the savage beast inside all of us?
 
Harry was gliding playfully in Phoenix form above Remus's head alongside Hedwig. Although he should return to his human half, much like Sirius who had embraced his doggy half with glee. Harry had welcomed the warm light hearted creature that was his.
 
Affectionately calling the bird Merlin, as the name had come from no where special, he felt it described the aspect of the Phoenix within him. Strong...wise... and gentle....
 
“Harry you ever going to turn human tonight? Remus said with a chuckle, as his response was simply an indignant musical note from his adopted godson.
 
“Leave him be Remus!” Alexandre stated in amusement. Having come along to escort them back to their cabin, and then the Delacourt mansion for Fleur, the enigmatic chief of the pride grinned as Harry landed on his shoulders to nuzzle his cheek. “He deserves it his song was wonderful!”
 
“Indeed it was...Harry...how...how did you do that?” Remus worded softly to the phoenix that has a sheepish and clueless expression on its feathers.
 
“BAH! Who cares how...he just did that's all that matters!” Alexandre grinned as he threw the bird into the air with a casual lift of his shoulder. “And I sincerely hope next time he does it again!”
 
Despite wanting to protest that their must be a reason why his song reached as far as it did. Remus found he was agreeing as Harry launched himself once more into the air at Hedwig's playful hoot. They had spent at least three to four hours playing with the pride and Harry while still mentally being 23 his body wasn't.
 
Already despite his excitement he could see the feathers slowly losing their glisten with tiredness.
 
“Oh...you have guests?” Chirped the black haired man as they had finally arrived at the cabin....
 
Startled by the idle comment, he notices Tonks from behind the bushes and pales considerably. Whispering a few choice words under his breath, he looks to Fleur who is indeed panicked as well. So much progress has been made with returning Harry to normal...
 
“Alexandre do me a favor?”
 
“?”
“Take Harry and Hedwig back with you.” Remus replied quietly as he moved out into sight along with Fleur. “Keep them with you until I find out what is going on....”
 
“Why mon ami?”
 
“Harry's past has come calling.” The brown haired man responded. “keep him with you until Fleur or myself comes for him.
 
Understanding perfectly now, Alexandre disappears back into the woods. Harry having been held up in a playful game of tag with his familiar was puzzled as the wolf had gestured for him to come down. Remaining in his bird form, he perched upon his shoulders, and looked at the dark haired man with bright green eyes...
 
Saying nothing, it is Blackfell, Alexandre's wolf who lets out a quiet growl from the older man. After all when a shifter speaks most listen, for it is often their instinct that can override reason for the sake of one's life.
 
Cub stay with pride...alpha brother warns...you and friend follow.
 
Turning to look as he immediately worries about Remus, Harry struggles to fight the instinct of the Phoenix. But his Animagus magic responds more to the form he is in, that finds it obeying the Werewolf leader.
 
Giving a sound of irritation as Alexandre steps further away from the cabin, Harry lets out a mournful tone of worry.
 
“Be safe...”
 
-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-
 
Approaching the cabin with Fleur, Remus finds himself being tackled by a woman whom he admittedly has missed with all his heart. But for the first time, wishes she had not come. Harry does not need the past now to come calling...he was simply not ready!
 
And to be honest neither was he....
 
Although he still loves Tonks with all his heart. What happened in the Order that year...that night. Still hits his soul with a heavy pang. Only with Alexandre and Isabelle's help has he recently been able to let go according to their way. To fully embrace Moony who has been with him and sharing his emotions all this time.
 
Still old habits are hard to break....
 
“What are you doing here Dora?” The wolf smiled wryly. The younger woman still crying with relief at the sight of his form standing there does not notice his stiff expression or the arms that wrap around her in confusion and maybe a little reluctance....
 
“You're alive...”
 
“Of course I am...” Remus states in puzzlement. Trying to comfort her, he notices how Gabrielle who was watching with eyes that seems to notice his reluctance be distracted by her sister. The two Veela women talking to one another, Fleur pales in understanding of why the other woman was here.
 
“Remus...she has come to warn you...” Fleur said quietly as she hands him the letter from Dumbledore. “It seems you are next on Voldemort's hit list as well as Harry's owl.”
 
“I always expected to be on it sooner or later...but why Hedwig?”
 
It is because with you two out of the way, the light will have nothing to give them hope.” Tonks whispered quietly against his chest. “You never knew, but the public often flocked to Hogwarts to see Harry's owl. She had become something of a symbol of hope to them. Recently she has vanished though...”
 
Doing his best to not sound as if he knew where Harry or Hedwig was, Remus hoped he sounded surprised enough to convince her. After all lying was never his strong point...
 
Finding Tonks looking up at him doubtfully, Remus struggled for something to say but was saved by Gabrielle, who was curious.
 
“Did owl fly away?”
 
“We don't know Gabrielle...Hedwig just up and disappeared. And with her gone, people recently have started to rally around Remus. After all he is the last living tie to the Potter family. Being James and Lily's friend as well as Harry's teacher, the public is starting to want to see more of him...want him to do more in the fight against Voldemort.”
 
Paling considerably, Remus almost chokes on the position that Harry once held. A position that the youth had repeatedly not wanted....
 
“I can't....”

”I know Remus, that's why I came. It is one of many reasons Voldemort, had ordered you to be killed on s
ight. According to our spy, you are also proving to be a thorn in his side among the dark creatures.”
 
“I've heard...”
 
“You have?”
 
Nodding his head, he explained about the progress he has made with La Royaute. The pride leader Alexandre accepting him into his family of sorts, Remus also spoke of the injustice the ministry had done with the shifters in their control.
 
“Did he tell you about the fact that many wolves look to you as their leader now?”
 
“Yes and no...” Remus said with quiet resignation. “I can't do what I need to do to take control of the wolves away from him.”
 
“Why not!”
 
“Tonks, to shifters for one to take over a pride of any kind, one has to kill the old leader and...” Fleur said quietly and with understanding. Isabelle when she had explained it to not just herself, but also Harry the two had almost gotten ill from the thought of it. But they also understood it was the way to submit their power of leadership to the instinct of the pride.
 
So she wonders...will this Tonks understand as well?
“And what?”
 
“Devour his heart....” Remus said quietly. “It would explain why I had this sudden urge to rip into his chest, when I was trying to escape, the last time.” The brown haired man stated with an emotionless chuckle. One that brought shivers to the spines of those who listened.
 
“Surely....surely there's another way.”
 
“There isn't...” Fleur said quietly as she held on to Gabrielle. Her younger sister was green as she had pictured this kind man from all appearances doing something...so vile. “If Remus had killed Greyback outright it would not have to be done. But because he has let him live so many times, those under Greyback's power...their beasts will not accept anything less then that, according to Alexandre.”
 
“My god....” The woman whispered as not only her hair, but her skin turned a sickly shade of green. Watching as the woman runs for something for which to throw up, Fleur approaches with a sad smile on her features. Words Isabelle had told them flowing through their mind now in even more of a painful clarity...
 
To be a magical creature is to understand, that sometimes we have to do things that respond to the beasts inside all of us. Even if it goes against all our human nature, it is the only way we as a wholecan survive....
 
For if we do not...we can go insane...