Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Harry Potter and the Ashes of Hope ❯ Chapter 31: Discovery ( Chapter 31 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I do not own Harry Potter and please read the note from Chapter 1
 
Jabarber69...- I know and I agree with your conclusion. Judging from the books Tonks is a good hearted person as well as Klutz. But there are more ways to define a klutz then simply tripping over ones two feet...
 
Sometimes a klutz can mean spilling secrets without intending to...
 
Ivy...- They are also humans would they not try to distance themselves from their animal brethren?
 
Alex...- You forget if you look at the beginning that Laer-ear had started. This has two main characters involved. Harry and Remus.... You can not have just one without the other....
 
Chapter 31
 
Discovery
 
Instinct is that feeling, that sense that warns us when something is about to go wrong to ourselves or to someone we love.
 
It is our own body's way of trying to give us a heads up to protect ourselves....
 
Some would say pain was another form of instinct.
 
Whether we want it to be or not
 
Harry found himself transforming into his teenage self once more, as he arrives at the home of Alexandre and Isabelle. A look demanding an explanation on his features, he finds it swiftly disarmed as a disapproving glare is emitted from blue eyes rimmed with gold as Alexandre answers...
 
“Remus asked me to...”
 
Enough said as he strides away it is at the moment, that Isabelle comes. A look of disappointment on her features as Harry tries to exert himself.... It still turns into a small smile as he whispers something that causes her son to stop.
 
Before, according to Remus, he would have held his tongue...now he speaks from the heart.
 
Sorry... It's just I'm just worried about him... He's my family.”
 
A gentle look overcomes the werewolf leader at this moment, turning back to the youth; Alexandre just gives him a heartfelt hug. One so much like his mother's to Harry that he greedily drinks of the contact.
 
“Then tell me Cub...is it not a family's job to try and protect one of their own?” Alexandre asked with a kind growling voice that signifies Blackfell speaking as well. “And do you not consider me and my mother as well as the pride family?”
 
“I...I don't know. The only real family I ever knew was the Weasely's and....”
 
“And they what?” Alexandre said quietly. Remus and himself had been talking recently at Harry's development. Things, issues he had with the past needed to be addressed for him to fully let go, before he is able to heal and confront it again with a clear mind. And according to what the wizard wolf had stated, once it comes to be prepared.
 
Because there were a lot of repressed emotions for since Remus has found him...
 
The youth had always avoided the issue of his past to a degree that yes he would wonder. But would never ask... Issues that once truly confronted will bring anger...pain...regret.
 
“They what Harry....” Alexandre repeated again. The kindness in his eyes as he growls low in reassurance was brotherly and loving. It was so he can soften the memories that were fighting to return to a mind that doesn't want them back.
 
An intense aura began to swirl and Isabelle rushed to help her son contain it. The magic once locked up moves to explode with a vibrant powerful blast. Strengthening her son, through their bond, Alexandre's wolf moves to suppress as much power as it could.
 
“They left me in there! They knew what dementors did to me!” Harry screamed. “Why! Why didn't they believe in me! Why did they believe I could kill someone! They were supposed to be my family!”
 
At the moment as Harry's power swirled to the point it had become visible, it burst wide open from the youth. Alexandre and his mother took down and suppressed all that they could from being discovered and found out, amongst those who would kill this young man they had come to care for with all their heart.
 
Power still whirled around them. Bright and visible like lighting it threatened to overwhelm them with power and sheer amount of it. Eventually with the aide of other wolves who had come to lend their strength, they pushed it down...swallowed it for better terminology.
 
After it was done many were surprised.
 
Before where it was happiness that allowed him to grow, this time it was pain. It only makes sense to be honest, as a now 20-22 year old version of the youth emerged.
 
One can not have true peace without a little heartache....
 
To not have a little bit of pain in ones life was simply not possible.
 
Catching him in mid fall, Alexandre caught the youth whom he had grown attached to before he could hit the floor hard. Already Isabelle had yanked a cloak from the closet and was wrapping it around the young man in her son's arms. The older woman growling softly, she finds the youth responding to her voice as he opens green eyes that she has come to adore.
 
“Mum?” Harry weakly responded as he stared at the older woman. Who smiled warmly and said nothing to disillusion him. The power her cubling had released was enough to knock anyone out if they contained that much restraint. That much anguish in their hearts....
 
Watching as his eyes glazes over in pain, it is at that moment regardless of his request that Alexandre sends for Remus. Because as Harry begins to tremble, a connection once thought gone from not only the youth, had once again opened. One that causes him to collapse with realization of what he must do now...
 
As Remus had feared that past has indeed come calling. And this time it won't be denied.
 
-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-
 
Elsewhere and in the UK
 
Soundly confident and in a meeting with his inner circle, Voldemort peruses his best with an almost insane smile of pleasure. Discussing the latest plan to destroy the ministry and the order, he pauses as racking pain this him in his head.
 
Falling back as power that he has not felt for a long time swells up and over with such intensity that he almost screams in pain.
 
Put instead he bears it in hatred and anger.
 
“THAT BRAT'S ALIVE!”
 
“My Lord?”
 
Blasting a Crucio at half a dozen death eaters in his range, Draco pulls Ginny away just in time to allow another to get hit. The others managing to take cover, the two younger ones watch as Snape and Bellatrix manage to calm him down if barely. It had helped that Bella's husband had gathered Voldemort's little torture victim Fudge to distract him.

At this moment as the former minister was suffering undo tortures. Voldemort was beginning to calm. His red eyes pulsing with power he turns and glares at all of them. Never knowing that shortly the Order will make a search for said person as another is called back to help....
 
“That brat...that Potter is still alive!”
 
A mixture of disbelief and hatred fills many a death eater's heart. But to three of them, there is something akin to hope.
 
Despite his dislike of the youth, Severus Snape had to admit that apparently not only was life better for many when Voldemort was focused on him. The world...his home was peaceful and more orderly.
 
Nowadays...it has become a nightmare.
 
People were fearful. People were wary...more easily swayed to whoever could protect them. It is how over half of Voldemort's army had come to be. They had been so afraid of what the Dark Lord would do to them and their families that they joined to keep them safe.
 
To give them back their hero now? Could prove fatal to the Dark Lord's plans.
 
“My Lord forgive me for asking...but are you sure?”
 
Standing straight despite the pain of the curse now aimed at him, Voldemort snarls in anger. “YES I'M SURE!”
 
“But how my Lord?” Bellatrix cooed. “We made sure and Draco's daddy confirmed as well as several others in your inner circle that Potter's body was burned after he had been kissed, by orders of your toy over there. There is nothing left of him.”
 
“He survived a killing curse what do you expect.” Dean replied sarcastically. Earning the wrath of his mentor, he just laughed as she tried to claw his face in retaliation. “So somehow he must have found a way out!”
 
Laughing as Bella's husband forcibly restrained her from attacking, Voldemort was most calm as he finally spoke once more.
 
“I don't care how he made it out or even when. Know this I know Potter's magic signature. Having the connection between us allows us to know one another's handiwork. What I felt was most definitely an alive and very much kicking Potter. I want him found and I want him DEAD!”
 
That's aid many of his best followers scattered, Snape was off to report his finding to Dumbledore, as Draco pulled Ginny into another room. The two of them looking at one another, so many thoughts and questions passed in the single look they shared between them.
 
For Draco the thoughts of competing once again with his old rival were almost thrilling, He had only really felt alive when around the youth who in the beginning was the bane of his existence but as time passed and whether or not either youth would admit it.
 
They had formed a different friendship of sorts...
 
One of friendly rivalry...
 
But for Ginny her heart pounded with despair.
 
If Harry was indeed alive and had escaped death somehow....why had he not come to save them?
 
The answer was simply this...why should he when those who were supposed to believe in him. Failed...