Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Harry Potter and the Ashes of Hope ❯ Chapter 33: Contact ( Chapter 33 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I do not own Harry Potter and please read the note left in Chapter 1
 
The girl who let the boy lived....- Who knows what Harry will do? He certainly does not tell me. *shrugs
 
Scarlet Ice Cascading...- I would like to believe he's at his final age now....because you know a person never really looks their true age. I mean I just turned a recent number and most people still think I look like I'm in my 20's. So who knows?!
 
Wow...you all like me, looks at her stats page and whistles. Means I'm doing something right....

Anyhow for those who like Shippuudeen from Naruto...you all agree with me about last night's episode? I just about cried my eyes out...it was so sad....
 
Chapter 33
 
Contact
 
Two days earlier
 
Trying to convince a stubborn metamorphagus that he was fine, despite knowing what he must do, Remus stilled as the howls of a wolf reached his ears in warning. His body whirling around, as Hedwig comes flying through a window in a panicked state. Hooting her fear, the werewolf knows that his cubling is in pain.
 
“What the....Hedwig!” Tonks exclaimed in surprise. The auror staring at the owl that's mere life had helped all of them so much in retaining a measure of peace these dark days. That she doesn't think at first about the owl's presence beside Remus.
 
But when it does sink in mere seconds later, she grasps onto his arm with a steely grip of determination. One that even Moony deep within finds himself impressed with the strength of that hand upon his arm.
 
Wincing in pain, as he knows that feeling from other times before, Remus pauses to look at Fleur with a pleading expression.
 
“I can not say Remus...” The blonde replied quietly. “My oath of secrecy, do you not remember?”
“Tonks....”
 
“What is going on Remus...why is Hedwig here and with you?!”
 
Looking at her sadly, Remus wrenches his arm free, using the supernatural strength of the werewolf. Tonks stunned by this move just stands there for a moment in surprise. Never before had he been assertive like this when confronted. In fact Remus was not known for it. Preferring to avoid conflict if he could....
 
Odd considering he was a defense teacher....
 
But that was Remus.
 
“I have to go Tonks...there is someone out there...who means the world to me....” Remus said quietly. “Someone who needs me at this moment to help....” With that comment, the younger woman is left standing as the wizard races out to follow Hedwig who had taken to the air and who leads the way.
 
Tonks almost in tears at this looks to Fleur pleadingly.....a desperate look in her eyes as her appearance takes on a sad sorry beggar in reaction to her emotions.
 
“I am sorry Tonks...I can't my magic won't let me.” The blonde replied sadly. “All I can tell you is that it is for a good reason he leaves.”
 
Hearing the forlorn howls of the wolf again, Tonks shivers instinctively in fear. They were so close, that despite Remus's words that the Wolf Pride around was very good and kind, she held on to her wand with a tight fist.
 
“I'm going after him...”
 
Fleur is about to protest this when Tonks looks at her. That same desperation in her eyes, she finds that she can not say anything against it. Giving a small sound as her sister lets her own curiosity be known at this time, she wonders if Harry and Remus will forgive her for what is about to be done.
 
“Fine...I will take you. But you must promise me upon your magic, that what you see and what you hear will not be spoken of or written...” The Veela woman said quietly. “And my sister can vouch...as Veela we take our promises very seriously. We will know if it is broken...”
 
Reluctantly agreeing to this oath, despite her better judgment, Tonks raises her wand to swear upon her magic. After spoken something akin to a bond forms between them and the blonde woman lets out a sound of satisfaction....
 
Once Gabrielle has repeated it with her own magic...something arises within them all as Fleur takes charge. Tonks admittedly bristling a little bit, at the proximity and audacity credits it to the anger and rejection from Remus and events that seem to be spinning out of her control.
 
After all she may be a Tonks, but she is proud to also call herself a member of the Black Family. Despite knowing of his innocence years later, Tonks has always admired her cousin Sirius to be able to stand up to the rest of their family.
Following the two Veela women as they walk silently through the woods, Tonks looks back on happier times spent with Sirius as well as Remus and the others when she was a little girl. If Harry had been alive in all honesty, she doubts he would remember her seeing that she had only seen him that one time....
 
When she as well as others escorted him to Grimmauld Place....
 
Those were dark times, but yet filled with happiness. So much happiness....
 
Lost in thought, Tonks was not aware as both Veelas would occasionally look back to check on her. An unspoken look between them, Fleur cautiously sends up a signal letting them know of her and her sister's approach.
 
Already their innate creature senses have picked up other wolves stalking them at this moment. A predatory yet guarded gleam as occasionally gold eyes and a shadow of a wolf appear. The two blondes and their companion were indeed left alone. For despite everything they believe in....
 
The Way overrules their instinct. One already has a scent of acceptance from their leader...and the other is the mate to the newcomer of their pride. Although human from what their senses tell them, there is a odd power around her that makes their noses twitch with wary curiosity.
 
The other is simply related to one who has a scent of acceptance...it is enough that one goes to fetch their leader.
 
And as trio continue walking, they are stopped twenty minutes later, by a dark haired man the Fleur and Gabrielle know all to well. But as of yet Tonks has to meet...
 
“Alexandre, forgive me for my intrusion...” Fleur spoke quietly and submissively. Having heard the growls of anger and rage that although soft being emitted from the older man, the blonde was not stupid and had hastened to silence both her sister and companion with a look.
 
“It is all right Fleur...I am more upset over the intruder upon our lands. But Remus as he came through warned us that he felt she would come, regardless of his wishes.” The wolf leader said with a tone of anger as he glares at Tonks. Bristling at this, she lets out an involuntary growl of annoyance, which startles the pride leader who smiles....
 
“I see why...” Alexandre chuckles before his face turns grim. “Still you should not have come. The Wolfling is not yet ready.”
 
“Wolfing?”
 
“A pet name...” Isabelle states as she walks in behind her son. “Fleur...he has grown again....and from what he has managed to tell Remus. The other knows now.” The werewolf woman said sadly, the worry of a mother evident in her voice, that Fleur hugs her. “Can I go see him?”
 
“Yes...and he related to me to tell you he releases you of your vow. No use keeping it now that he knows...” Isabelle quietly stated. The references to these men they are referring to confusing Gabrielle and Tonks. But as Fleur moves to go behind, the Veela girl finds herself being stopped by an irate auror, who is getting angry at the subtle nuances. Her hair rocketing through shades of red, green and purple....
 
“Just what is going on? And who is this he and where is Remus!”
 
Quiet, Fleur stills as Remus approaches, with someone beside him, although still a little weak from his change. It is enough as he steps out of the shadow of the hall that Tonks drops to her knees in recognition. Although he looks about the age he should be, he is different...radiates more of a welcome smile that turns to guardedness as he approaches.
 
“Wotcher Tonks...” Replied a very tired and very much alive Harry James Potter.....
 
Silent and just stunned at this, the woman just sits there and looks up at her wolf and a boy, who by all accounts should be dead. Fleur is happily relieved as when Harry approaches, despite her oath to him, she is released and is able to speak. Still she does not as Tonks just mutters one word....
 
“How....?”
 
“How what Tonks?” Harry replied coolly. His own memories of the time when eh was accused back and in full force he remembers what this woman as well as others he once called friends had abandoned him so easily. “How did I live? Despite being kissed? Despite being burned?”
 
Wincing a bit at the tone of anger in his voice as well as the cold, Remus can't help but place a hand on Harry's shoulder alongside Isabelle, to calm him down. Taking several deep breaths, some of which hurt him, as his body has not finished adjusting, the dark haired hero looks to Fleur who understands.
 
“Remus help me back to the bed.” Harry said quietly.
 
The older man moving with a genuine understanding looks at Tonks with a mixture of pity. Gabrielle who had seen the reaction was almost reluctant to approach her once hero and rescuer when she was younger alongside his friends. But as he turned to look at her, he raised a hand and smiled....
 
“It is nice to see you grown up Miss Delacourt...”
 
“Gabrielle...” The younger woman smiled softly.
 
“Then call me Harry please...”
 
“All right...Harry.”
 
Turning back to Remus, who had smiled in amusement, was pleased. It meant that Harry was trying to move on and start over. So as they continue on to the bedroom where the now young man can gain his strength, he starts lightly teasing the youth alongside Alexandre, whose nose had sniffed the interest from not just Gabrielle. But Harry as well...
 
In the mean time, Fleur turns to Tonks who is still somewhat in shock over the reappearance of Harry, who by all accounts has been dead for the last seven years.
 
“How...how is this possible? I saw his body... I saw him being burned!”
 
“Harry is an Animagus...” Fleur stated quietly. “Not just any kind...but a Phoenix Animagus.”
 
“That...that is not possible.” Tonks stood as she shook hr head in disbelief. “No wizard can turn into a magical creature.”
 
“That is true...but I have it seen it myself.” Fleur said with a soft voice. Isabelle beside her, it is repeated as she approaches.
 
“Fleur is right, my son and I have witnessed him change. Harry becomes a brilliant red bird with fiery wings....” The older woman intones with a gentle gaze. One that is full of strength and truth that as much as she wishes to believe that it is not possible. Looking at Isabelle...
 
One can't help but believe....
 
“He really is?”
 
“Yes...it was that day he was kissed, when he changed for the first time. It is what saved him. The burning of his body gave him a new one...but...”
 
“But what?”
 
“It had a side affect...it turned him into a baby.” Fleur intoned. Explaining what she has managed to understand from Harry and her own observations of the change. The older of the Delacourt sisters spoke well into the night with the occasional interjection from Isabelle and eventually the others.
 
By the time, Tonks now understood that despite how confusing it was...that Harry had not been able to do much of anything despite her own misgivings.
 
But what happens next as Remus comes back out, is what makes her pale.
 
“When will you both be coming back?” Tonks stated with a relieved look to her features.
 
Looking away for a moment, Remus just can't say anything about it that would be in such a way for the auror to understand. But it is enough that she figures it out in a moment or two....
 
“You....you and Harry are not coming back are you?”
 
“I don't know....I don't know...”