Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Harry Potter and the Ashes of Hope ❯ Chapter 34: Fulfillment ( Chapter 34 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I do not own Harry Potter and please read the rest of the note as stated in Chapter 1
 
Aegis Queen, Jynx 101...- You are both welcome. I had taken it over a little over a month ago I believe from Mellyone who had taken it over from laer-ear. Both of which in my opinion did great jobs on what they had already written, just RL got in the way for them which is understandable.
 
LupinandHarry...- Who knows...I don't and Harry only feeds me bits of information at a time. Rather annoying really....
 
Chapter 34
 
Fulfillment
 
The Following Morning
 
To be honest, Tonks couldn't understand Remus's answer as he turned to check back on Harry the previous night. The Delacourt sisters having left to return home, Tonks was being allowed to stay due to her special connection of sorts with Remus. Still it hurt though....
 
The indecisiveness from Remus about his and Harry's return to fight was wrong. They needed them back!
 
“Why do you need them back?”
 
Turning around rapidly to find Isabelle looking at her curiously, Tonks gives a sheepish grin. “Did I say that aloud?”
 
“Yes.” Isabelle smiled in amusement. “Still why do you need them back so much?” The werewolf woman asked in puzzlement. “Surely it is not just to fight this Voldemort only?”
 
About to say it wasn't just for that reason, Tonks found herself stopping short of it. For Remus she wants him back to keep him safe, that's right isn't it? And if Remus comes back surely Harry would right?
 
Still why can't she not just come out and say it?
 
“What's wrong with me?”
 
“What do you mean?” Isabelle stated softly.
 
“I want to answer...”
 
“But can't?”
 
Nodding her head, Tonks is almost filled with shame as Isabelle begins to speak. Because despite her own desperate beliefs. What the woman is about to say makes a lot of sense....
 
“Maybe it is because deep down, you know that is what you truly want.” The older woman stated softly and with a gentle nature. “The problem is child...Harry knows it.”
 
Stunned by her statement, Tonks allows herself to be guided towards a table, where the older woman offers her some herbal tea. Her mind in a state of shock over her statement, Tonks finds herself unable to argue against it.
 
But it doesn't say that she refuses to try anyway....
 
“That's not true though...” She finally murmured quietly. Her hair reflecting the mousy brown now showing her sadness and pain, Isabelle can not help but offer a comforting hand. “I don't want Harry to come back just to fight Voldemort.”
 
“Young one, the fact that it took you this long to say it, no matter how much you hate to admit it. There is a part of you that wants just that. You don't want Harry to come back because you miss him...you want him to fight a battle that all of you are losing.”
 
Surprised, Tonks watches as Isabelle just takes a sip of her tea with a sad and pained smile of pity.... “Remus has told us much of what had been going on in your country and Harry has explained his past to myself and my son.”
 
“Then you know why he has to come back!”
 
“No I do not...” The older woman stated. “Harry des not have to come back. It is his life that he has to put on the line. Does he not have a right to make choices regarding it?”
 
“But...the prophecy. He must! He's the only one who can defeat the Dark Lord?”
 
“Aaah yes, this prophecy.... Did you know that in many cultures Death does not just mean loss of life?” Isabelle stated with a kind and gentle tone.
 
“I don't understand...”
 
“To some Death is simply a change of path. There are some religions who believe that we never truly die. Our soul just takes on a new spiritual and powerful form. United States, Tibet, China...all has examples in stories originating from that country. In some they believe that it simply means the old life is gone and a new one has opened up....
 
“How? What does this have to do with the prophecy and Harry?”
 
“There is always more then one way to kill someone...in some cases all you have to do to kill them is to destroy the belief that one has in those that they love.” Isabelle said softly.
 
It takes only a moment for it to sink into Tonks what the older woman has stated that as she thinks about it.
 
Is quite true....especially after a discussion she had not long after Harry's proof of innocence had been discovered, with a very drunk Amelia Bones.
 
“I should have spoken up...” Amelia Bones slurred out as she sat with her friend and newest agent.
 
“What do you mean?” Tonks responded. Equally drinking as well, she had sat nursing the third glass of fire whiskey as her boss was on her fifth or sixth. After all someone had to make sure the older woman got home safely.
 
“That day of the trial...Harry looked dead! He had no life in him it was like he was there physically but mentally...no one was home.”
 
“That is what she meant....” Tonks replied sadly, confusing the older woman for a moment. She explained the memory of that day and of her boss's comment.
 
“Yes...this prophecy you spoke of had already come to pass.” The woman said with conviction. “If your boss had seen Harry that time, your Dark lord had already won then.”
 
Slumping into her chair, Tonks looks bleak now.... “So we destroyed ourselves then....” Tonks said with despair. “If we had not been so foolish to believe that he was guilty...none of this...none of this would have happened. We could be in peace now, rather then fight a war that should have ended years ago....”
 
“That is true...your people's foolishness and rush to believe anything they see and hear is what signaled Harry's defeat at the hands of this man and his people that you fight.”
 
“Then what shall we do! What can we do if Harry won't fight?”
 
“I didn't say that he wouldn't...” Isabelle chuckled. “Harry is a good wolfing without being a wolf. He follows the Way as my people have taught him in this short time has been with us. If instincts tell him he must return to finish what was started, he will go....”
 
“But not before then...”
 
“No, I do not believe so. For Harry to come back to all of you...I think more then just wanting him to fight this Voldemort, is what will bring him to you. I believe that many must have to want him to come back for being himself and not a hero is the key. And unfortunately for your people, I think that will be a long time in happening...”
 
-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-
 
Short I know...but to be honest I think it is perfect as is
 
I promise I shall try to make the next one longer...
 
I hope this answers many questions though