InuYasha Fan Fiction / Bleach Fan Fiction / Ouran High School Host Club Fan Fiction ❯ Drabbles from a Crossover Fangirl ❯ Kagome/Kurama ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Title: Drabbles from A Crossover Fangirl
Author: inuyashagirl5
Rating:  T (raitings vary between drabbles)
Genre: Romance/Slight-Angst
Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha or Yu Yu Hakusho. InuYasha is owned by Rumiko Takahashi and Yu Yu Hakusho is owned by Yoshihiro Togashi.

========================================================= ==================================================================
# 5: I'll Take Care of You
Pairing: Kagome/Kurama (Both parts of him.)
Word Count: 615
=================================================================== ========================================================
"They won't understand!" Kagome cried, her heart tormented with the fact that she was no longer human and she could no longer see her  family or friends. Her power was too great, too much for her to stay in the human world. Koenma had no choice. He had to send her into the demon world.

She cried harder into the chest of the one holding her. His expression was unreadable to those watching and only Hiei could get a glimpse of what was running through his head at the moment, but the hybrid already knew exactly how Kurama felt about the girl.

She had been a tolerable human, in his opinion. Sometimes bossy, but very caring and trusting. She had put her own life on the line to save him and their teammates on more than one occasion.

Over the course of many missions he had watched the way she interacted with Kurama and the way the fox had responded to her attention. He had fallen quickly, though he didn't mention it to her. She was also very naive. He couldn't remember how many times he had heard Kurama say something that made his feelings toward Kagome so obvious.

Their last mission together had made things a little clearer.

It was supposed to be simple. Go and retrieve an item before it was misused. It turned out to be more than they were prepared for and Kagome had been the one to suffer. The item's power was used against her, the demon knowing full well what she was. It had been his intention all along. The detective for the spirit world was a human miko, a demon's natural enemy. He hadn't bothered learning anything else about her, about how she wasn't an enemy to demons.

She was to lose her power and become a demon herself. The type of demon depended on what demon had touched her last. When it came time for his plan to take action, he had touched her, knocking her backwards off the balcony. He had no doubt she would survive the fall. What he hadn't been expecting was for other demons to arrive and save her, for a certain silver fox to catch her. The demon's last glimpse of her before he was disposed of, was of that silver fox looking down at her and another silver fox looking back up with worried blue eyes.

He never learned that his attempts to alter her had only half worked. She had changed into the same type of demon that last touched her, but she also kept all of her holy energy. Thus making her unstable on more than one level. Koenma had been forced to seal a great deal of her holy energy, making her the emotional wreck that was before them now.

"Kagome." Kurama, currently as his red-headed half, whispered her name softly against the shell of one soft, silver ear. Kagome lifted her head to look up at him and his heart leapt at the sight of her. Breathtaking was just one of many words he and Youko were thinking. "I'll take care of you."

Her blue eyes widened considerably as she shed more tears at his words. He smiled softly at her before cupping the back of her head and drawing her back in against his chest. His lips grazed against one of her ears as she tightened her hold on his body.

"Thank you." She whispered, her sobs quieted.

There were details he would discuss with her before they made their way into the demon world, but those could wait. For now he was content to hold her close, and she seemed quite content to let him.