InuYasha Fan Fiction / D. N. Angel Fan Fiction ❯ Hazy purple Atmosphere ❯ Identity Crises ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hazy Purple Atmosphere By: Tsukiko-san
Pairing: Dark/Kagome/Daisuke
Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha or D.N. Angel though I wouldn't mind owning Dark ;- )
Author's Note: I'm not dead…..well at least I don't think so. Well enjoy this chapter! Yes I know it's been a long time I have updated this, so sorry!
 
 
 
 
 
 
--------Chapter 3: Identity Crisis--------
 
 
 
 
The wispy beam of the crescent moon made his violet eyes sparkle in the vague darkness. The penetrating stare he sent her way, was a look that held Kagome well within him making the moons shadow blanket his body in shadows, only two lavender orbs escaped the confines of the dimness.
 
Cold vibrations made Kagome shiver delightfully as she starred shamelessly at the stranger that seemed to pop out of nowhere of course she did not acknowledge this fact seeing that this unfamiliar person was the perfect specimen of the male anatomy.
 
Apparently the gods had plotted this for the sake of her lackluster love life.
 
She didn't mind of course.
 
Kagome rubbed her temples trying to gain mindfulness, focusing on the task on hand which was why this complete stranger was following her or maybe she was being paranoid. “Who are you? And why are you following me?” Kagome said biting the inside of her cheek hoping that she didn't come off as temporary insane or he thought that she was PMSing big time.
 
“Daisuki.” He said in a high pitch voice.
 
(A/N: Daisuki: Means “I like you.” Among those lines and I know that wiz says this in “Daisuke” form not “Dark” But work with me.)
 
Kagome raised an eyebrow thinking that maybe this stranger was really a young boy going through puberty or he was hitting on her and was doing a bad job at it.
 
(Scene Change)
 
“Love is for the simple-minded.” Dark muttered as he crept silently through the museum hallway pressing into the walls to hide in the dense shadows. Apparently his counterpart was still in a depressing mood and Daisuke was affecting the phantom thief as he practically sucked the fun from the heist. Dark heaved a sigh as he scanned the dim corridors searching for signs of police or the chief commander, Satoshi. Dark tamed his bitter mood as he traveled through the twisting and wide corridors hoping to find the display case that held the small vase with diamonds.
 
Feeling a bit on edge Dark quickened his steps as he slipped through 2 police men guarding the entrance to the exhibit as he laughed at their stupidity for not detecting his presence, of course he wouldn't let them what fun would that be? Dark passed through the guards finding it a bit suspicious that there was no more police men protecting the treasure from falling into the hands of the famous phantom thief.
 
`Famous? A bit cocky aren't we?' Daisuke's soft voice echoed through Dark's mind as a small smile played upon his lips when he heard his counterpart.
 
`Why should I stray from the truth? Daisuke, I was wondering when you would get out of that depressing stage was kinda feeling lonely without your annoying voice.' Dark countered as he ran his fingers through his lavender hair.
 
`Did you even care about Riku? Or were you just using her?' Daisuke asked his voice coating in anger as he finally let out his frustration on the violet haired thief. Dark plastered a scowl on his face as he regarded his counterpart finding that the little statement struck a cord of guilt as he tried to dispel any feelings of remorse.
 
Dark kept quiet as he felt Daisuke retreat back into the recess of his mind leaving the emotions of guilt and anger in his wake. Dark felt his scowl deepen as his violet eyes traveled to the display case finding it empty he cursed his luck as he felt an amused presence behind him.
 
Satoshi…….
 
Today was not his day.
 
 
A small chuckle escaped Satoshi's pale lips as his blue eyes danced in mirth finding the flustered phantom thief quiet entertaining. Each step he took echoed through the large room as Satoshi threw the small vase hand to hand turning the pink jewels into a murky black like smoke encircling the insides of the jewels. “I've been waiting for you Dark. A little bit caught up in your love life? Well it's nonexistent and you focus your attention on me.” Satoshi said his words reverberating off the museum walls. A smirk slowly spread itself on Dark' lips as he observed Satoshi. “I'm sorry Satoshi but I'm not interested in you that way I much prefer girls.” Dark's silky words came out softly as he discreetly grabbed a black feather from his pocket.
 
An almost unnoticeable blush rose in Satoshi's cheeks as he narrowed his eyes. Dark whispered a small incantation keeping his eyes on Satoshi as he blew lightly into the feather making it dissolve into a thick black smoke. “Now you see me, now you don't.” Dark's sultry voice bounced of the walls making the large room boom with his laughter. “Damn you Dark.” Satoshi coughed out his lungs filling up with the soft curls of the smoke making him choke for clean air. A swift punch sent Satoshi sprawling to the floor making him drop the small vase almost making it shatter.
 
“I hate to resort to physical violence but as long as I get the treasure I'm willing to make the sacrifice.” Dark said quietly to himself.
 
(A/N: Okay don't flame me because the fight scene sucked. Well if you can call it a fight scene)
 
 
“It's Dark!” A police man shouted making his other comrades find out what was going on. Trying to concentrate despite all the chaos revolving around him Dark gave an impish grin and speeded his way through the police men.
 
“Well gotta go!” Dark said with a wink.
 
(Scene Change)
 
 
“Ku!” He said his high pitch voice a bit scary. Kagome slowly edged away from the stranger as her oceanic blue eyes eyed the dead end with the only means of escaping was going passed the high-pitched boy. She made a small `eep' as she tripped and fell onto the trashed covered floor her short green skirt staining with dirt and garbage. He came closer to her until he loomed over her and his breath heated her flesh.
 
“Wiz!” A low voice called as Kagome's blue eyed widen when she felt the spiritual power of the jewel shards near her a couple of yards away and coming closer with each passing second.
 
“Ku!” The high-pitched boy said as a bright light engulfed his body morphing it in size and shape until the luminance dimmed and there stood a small furry creature that could be called cute.
 
“Ku!” The furry creature said again his small nose twitching as he smelled the air. “Wait!” Kagome said running after the creature trying to catch up as he (Well she thought he was male) traveled towards the strong presence of the Shikon shards. Kagome panted holding a stitch in her side as she tried to pass through the thick crowd that went into excitement when they heard that the `famous' phantom thief stole the ancient artifact. Once again she questioned why a thief was being idolized, well whatever floats their boats.
 
`Run faster!' Her mind screamed as she tried to pick up her already fast pace. The furry creature finally came to a stop as Kagome almost collided with him as she tried to not squash the poor thing. “Give me……..the……jewel shards.” She panted as she rested her pale hands on her bare knees.
 
“Well, well, what so we have here?” A sultry voice floated to her ears. Her azure eyes scanned the area trying to find the mysterious that came out of nowhere.
 
“Oh no, you're not going to trick me again!” She gasped out as she spotted a violet haired man resting on the brick wall his lavender hair dancing in the small breeze. A perfectly sculpted violet eyebrow rose when he heard her response.
 
“Ano….oh wait.” Kagome whispered a pink blush tinted her ivory cheeks as she say the furry creature sitting on the violet haired man's shoulder.
 
Okay….well can you give me the jewel shards?” She asked meekly as she stepped closer towards him her blue eyes starring at the tainted jewel shards that were engraved into the small vase.
 
`Nice face…' Dark thought absentmindedly as he followed her gaze as her slick tongue licked her pink lips. “Do you want this?” He asked his purple eyes shining brighter in amusement as she shook her head slowly. “Why?” He asked curious as to why she wanted this vase. His eyes scanned the vase finding nothing significant about it only that it was said that it was priceless.
 
“Their mine.” She whispered making it hard to hear her. A smile played upon his lips as he walked slowly to the wide eyed girl. “What will you do to get it?” He whispered his breath blowing into her ear as she shivered involuntary. “Anything……” She cursed when her voice came out breathy as she looked into his eyes finding a small glint in his beautiful eyes.
 
“Anything now?” He purred as he licked his lips when he saw her bubble gum lips quiver. Kagome felt that she was not going to like this and usually she was right when her instinct kicked in (that was the reason she even survived in feudal Japan).
 
“Well I propose a……deal. Very much like `you scratch my back and I scratch yours' if you will.” He said turning his back on her a small smirk plastered on his lips.
 
“What's this deal?” She asked feeling a sense of apprehension lying deep in the pit of her stomach. “Nothing really….but you have to pretend to be my girlfriend.” He said nonchalantly as Kagome's blue eyes widen and her lips open a little.
 
`WHAT?!' Daisuke screamed inside Dark's mind.
 
 
 
 
 
Thanks for the reviews. It's late in the night and I'm to lazy to write review resposes please don't let that keep you from reviewing! And sorry for the crappy chapter!