InuYasha Fan Fiction / Dragon Knights Fan Fiction ❯ Inuyasha to Ryuu Kishi no Kaji ❯ Rath ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
Naraku looked at the dead boy with a malicious smirk, “So, Rath Illuser, you finally took your own life?” he chuckled low, and pulled the large Dragon Sword from the boys body, it transformed into a small bell in his hands, Naraku smirked, “What a curious spell.” He attached the bell to black haired boy's white belt. He gathered the dead body into his arms and transported himself and the knight back to his castle.
 
 
Inuyasha to Ryuu Kishi no Kaji
 
 
 
 
“AH! What a beautiful day!” Kagome said cheerfully looking towards the bright blue sky, “Not a cloud in site! A great day for jewel shard hunting, eh, Shippou?” The small fox kit on her shoulders nodded excitedly, “Oi! Kagome! Let's go!” Inuyasha, the half dog demon said. “Ah, coming Inuyasha!” she called, gripping the handle bars of her bicycle, and running to catch up with her friends.
 
My name is Kagome Higurashi, a 16 year old sophomore in high school! I thought I was a normal girl, till I was dragged down an ancient well at my family's shrine and ended up in the Sengoku Jidai on my 15th birthday. There I met the hanyou, Inuyasha, who was bound to a tree 50 years ago by the miko Kikyou before I, somehow, released him.
 
We are now on a journey to gather all the shards of the Shikon no Tama, which I accidentally broke with a crows foot attached to my arrow. On the way we where joined by Shippou, a fox child, Miroku, the supposedly virtuous monk, and Sango, a demon slayer.
 
The one thing that binds our unconventional family together is the half-demon, Naraku, Who tricked Inuyasha and Kikyou into betraying the other, who put the cursed Kazaana in Miroku's right hand, and who possesses Sango's younger brother Kohaku and killed her entire village of demon slayers!
 
-
 
“So Lady Kagome, what do you think of today's shard productivity?” Miroku asked, as Kagome was looking at the two new shards in her small bottle. “Much better then yesterday!” she smiled, tucking the bottle of shards back into her sailor fuku. “Naraku has been quiet recently, what do you suppose he's up to, Inuyasha?” Miroku asked, directing his attention to the silver haired boy. “Keh! He's probably up to Naraku-ei stuff.” Inuyasha said putting his arms into his large haori sleeves. “Well, whatever he's up to, we'll make sure we're ready for it!” Kagome said trying to be encouraging. “Hai.” Sango agreed.
 
“Anyway, we should move on, there should be a village nearby.” Miroku said, “With a lot of pure and innocent” Miroku's sentence was cut off as Sango brought her large weapon, the boomerang bone, Hiraikotsu down on his head, knocking him unconscious. “Damn, Now I have to carry him!” Inuyasha whined, knowing neither girl was willing or capable of carrying the hentaii houshi.
 
“Hey Kirara, do me a favor..?” Inuyasha asked the demon cat that was perched on Sango's head. Kirara mewed and jumped down from her perch, with a whirl of flame, there stood a large saber tooth tiger version of the small cat. “Thanks, Kirara.” Inuyasha said, slinging the monk over the cat like a sack of potatoes.
 
--
 
 
Naraku leaned down beside the futon where Rath lay. His short, black, disheveled hair messily clinging to his pale cold face, the pale blue stripe of color on his right bang looked paler then when he was alive, his lips curved into a small smirk. “You must have been truly happy when you took your life.” Naraku frowned looking at the large gapping hole in the boy's chest.
 
Naraku took out a small pink jewel shard and pressed it into the wound, blood staining the fragment and his fingers as he did this.
 
He watched as the jewel went to work healing the body slowly, but surely, and regenerating breath in Rath. Naraku watched was Rath breathed again, the Fire Dragon Knight was sleeping. The hanyou took the water and cleaned the remaining wound, and bandaged it. He backed away as the boy's crimson colored eyes began to open.
 
“Wh-where am I?” he asked. “Welcome back, Rath Illuser.” Naraku said smirking.
 
“N-no! I'm not supposed to be alive!” Rath shouted snapping his eyes fully open, jolting upward to look the hanyou strait in…well, the baboon mask. “I put my sword threw my heart! I'm supposed to be dead! What did you do you asshole baboon!?” Rath shouted pointing an accusing finger at Naraku. “True it is my fault you live again, but, you still have a purpose on this Earth, Rath, After you complete for me a mission, I will gladly let you die in undisturbed peace.” Naraku smirked.
 
Rath remained silent, thinking about it, “No one will try and stop me?”
 
“No one. No one cares if you die here, Rath”
 
“I have one question Baboon, Can I hunt demons?”
 
-
 
Rath was being made to sit still, while Naraku met up with the leader of another group of his followers, and Rath didn't like to sit still. He didn't like to sit at all. This guy, Bankotsu, he had been called, was assigned to kill Inuyasha and his traveling party, he had yet succeeded, Rath huffed, earning a glare from the Bankotsu character, and a amused glance from Naraku.
 
`If it where Rune, Thatz, and me, we would have had our mission done in at least three days! Not counting detours.' Rath thought as he glared back at Bankotsu. `Something about this guy…reminds me of Saabel.' Rath thought, hardening his glare.
 
Yes, Saabel, Lord of the Damned, the freak who forced souls to inhabit old corpses. Something about this Bankotsu reminded him of that demon.
 
“Lord Naraku, I don't care who I have to kill, as long as I can hunt demons along the way.” Rath interrupted the conversation, sounding childlike. “And, I want to get outta this thing.” He said picking at his white and red haori. “I want my clothes!” he persisted.
 
“You know your mission”
 
“Hai”
 
“Yessir”
 
-
 
Bankotsu gave the new kid a once over before leaving with him, the braided haired boy examined the belts that held his tunic up, black gloves, a black leather belt around his waist. Black pants, and white boots. “What?” He asked
 
“Lets go. Jak-chan will definitely want a piece of you.” (Both Literally and Metaphorically)
 
“Jak-chan?”
 
-
 
“HEY! BAN-CHAN!” Jakotsu called, waving his arm crazily to his older brother, Bankotsu waved back. Rath looked between the two men, He was easily taller then Bankotsu (I think most everybody is, save Shippou, Kirara, and Myoga) but Jakotsu was taller then him at least by a foot. “HEY! JAK-CHAN!” Bankotsu called back. So this was Jak-chan, Rath deducted
 
Rath sweat dropped at what it must of looked like, Three men in an open field, shouting a conversation to one another, technically only `Jak-chan' and Bankotsu where talking, “BAN-CHAN, WHO'S THE CUTIE?!”
 
From the corner of his eye, he saw Bankotsu involuntarily tense up, but smile nonetheless, “THIS IS RATH! HE WORKS FOR NARAKU!”
 
“WHAT DOES THAT HAVE TO DO WITH US?!”
 
“I DON'T KNOW! NARAKU JUST WANTS US TO HAVE HIM AROUND!”
 
`Ah, so you weren't listening to Naraku either…' Rath thought.
 
-
 
After the conversation in the field, if you could call it that, Bankotsu and Jakotsu introduced to the other three members of the Shichinintai.
 
From what Rath gathered on the other three, Renkotsu was a fire breather, someone he wasn't too concerned about, being a fire user himself. Ginkotsu was …a…big thing. Was he a person at one point? Rath couldn't tell, he couldn't speak, only made weird noises. Suikotsu was kinda to himself type guy, but he enjoyed killing things, but, most everyone in this group liked killing things.
 
Rath would fit in well with this group. Later, after getting stuck in one of the gun barrels on Ginkotsu, to which Bankotsu and Jakotsu laughed hysterically, Rath wanted to hunt demons.
 
Later into the night he would sneak out and hunt demons. `Just like old times'
 
--
 
Kagome yawned, “Time for a good nights rest!” She smiled down to the fox demon child on her sleeping bag, they had yet to make to the `nearby' village, and apparently Miroku was wrong in guessing how close the village was. “I'm going to get some water to put out the fir with.” She said walking off after reassuring the others she could do it herself.
 
She dipped her water bottle in the river.
 
“GiVe Me YoUr JeWeL ShaRds” a demon shrieked as it made for Kagome. Kagome looked at the on coming demon in horror as it swiped at her neck, she ducked and rolled away.
 
“HA!” a voice shouted, a ball of fire burning away the arm.
 
There stood a figure with his giant sword drawn, poised for battle, but his features where covered by a large white sheet that was wore as a cloak.
 
----
 
Next Chapter-
 
Hi, Kagome here! Who exactly is this mysterious person who protected me from the demon? Well I don't know. Is that a jewel shard in his chest? Who are these people who say they're looking for a person named Rath?
 
Next Episode - People from his Past
 
Finished- Wednesday, July 27, 2005 10:29 PM Nashville TN