InuYasha Fan Fiction / Dragon Knights Fan Fiction ❯ Inuyasha to Ryuu Kishi no Kaji ❯ Pain ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

--

Ruwalk frowned. Rune, Thatz, and Cesia should have been back by now. They weren't having trouble finding Rath where they? “Ruwalk…” Ruwalk nearly jumped out of his skin as the tall stoic Black Dragon Officer Tetheus spoke “Have faith in our Dragon Knights, Cesia to” Ruwalk smiled nervously. “But if it will make you feel better, I can send a Dragon Fighter to help them.”

--


Inuyasha to Ryuu Kishi no Kaji

--


“Heh, where's your weapon, Rath” Inuyasha sneered as he held Tetsusaiga in an offensive position. Rath removed something from his belt. “A bell is that your weapon?” Inuyasha laughed. Rath's eyes narrowed, and the bell instantly became the large Light Dragon Sword.

“Well…I suppose that's better.” Inuyasha smirked, “Let's see if you're as big of an annoyance as Naraku claims you to be.” Rath sneered. His eyes reflecting joyful mirth.

“Aniki, should we help him?” Renkotsu asked to Bankotsu, who watched bemusedly at Rath. “If he needs it Renkotsu. I want to see what a Dragon Knight can do”

-

“Never allowed to play with my beloved Inuyasha…” Jakotsu sighed. Suikotsu rolled his eyes.
Jakotsu looked at the on coming crowd, “MiiiRoKuuu!!!” he called perversely. Miroku groaned in annoyance. “Oi. Who's that guy?” Thatz asked toward Kagome, “That's Jakotsu and Suikotsu of the Band of Seven.”

“Seven? I only see two.”

-

Rath and Inuyasha where locked in a stare down, waiting for the other to make the first move. Inuyasha, growing impatient with the tension, lurched forward; Rath smirked and blocked the Tetsusaiga with one swift movement of the Light Dragon Sword, holding the hilt with one hand, exerting force against the opposing blade.

Rath smiled childlike, “Is this the best you can do? I'm holding you off with one arm, my left arm no less.” (Rath, in this fic, is right handed) Inuyasha growled, pressed his blade harder to the Dragon Sword then released his pressure to the sword and quickly swiping it at Rath's lower torso. Rath spotting the change, aerial back flip/ twisted out of the way. “Who taught you how to swordplay? An over grown monkey?”

Bankotsu sniggered while Renkotsu tried to hide his amusement, “Gyaeesh” Ginkotsu ……Gyaeeshed. Inuyasha snarled, “pompous, arrogant, jerk {LMAO}! I'll wipe you out with the Kaze no Kizu.”

“When I die, I don't plan to die at the hand of the likes of you.” Rath sneered.

“Yeah, we'll just see about that.” Inuyasha smirked, raising the blade high. “KAZE NOOO”

“Urya!!” Rath speed up and cut ended up behind Inuyasha, A spurt of blood came from the hanyou's side. Rath turned and glared at the half demon, “Did you honestly think I would stand by and let you commit this `Kaze no Kizu' attack?”

“He's fast.” The leader of the Shichinintai said.

-

Rune was shocked to here that voice, ` that voice…' his thought trailed off, Thatz looked like he was in equal shock before bounding off past Jakotsu and Suikotsu, “HOLD IT!! Where do you think you're going handsome?!” Jakotsu asked devilishly swinging his jakotsu-tou at Thatz. Thatz slide to a stop and jumped out of the way from the snake like sword. “What the hell was that crap?” he asked surprised and admiration adorning his tone. “You like it? I like it too! :3” Jakotsu said, fingering the blade as it returned to one.

“Too bad we don't have time to have fun!” Thatz said, summoning the Earth Dragon Sword.

Miroku was fighting Suikotsu, Sango would occasionally lend out her abilities.

Rune summoned up his own sword, “Ms. Higurashi, Sango, Cesia!” he whispered, noticing the concentration of the Shichinintai on Thatz and Miroku.

-

“You bastard.” Inuyasha cursed, holding his side while it throbbed painfully, “hm…suppose I am.” Rath smiled

-

Flash Back

Rath stood near the snowy white haired, blue dragon Officer, Kai Stern, and “Kai Stern?” he asked. “Hm? Yes, Rath?” Kai Stern asked, pushing his glasses up the bridge of his long nose. “I hate you…but……I'll pretend to like you.” Rath said emotionlessly, quite out of his usual character. “Um…Thanks?”

##

Rath lurched forth in his bed, to find Cesia sitting beside him with the Wind Staff clutched in her hands, “NO! I-I cut my own head off, how could I be alive?”

“Kai Stern gave you his life force. He was dieing Rath, remember when the evil me poured the revival water on you and some got on Kai Stern? Since he wasn't a youkai it began to kill him slowly, he was a dead man anyway.”

“KAI STERN YOU JERK!! YOU WEREN'T SUPPOSED TO DIE, YOU WERE SUPOSSED TO BE HERE!!” Rath shouted at the inanimate body of the former blue dragon officer, which was limply lying beside the bed. Rath showed real tears for the first time, “What -what is this, Youkai can't cry…”

End the Flash (I don't necessarily own the volume, I borrowed and read it from a friend in 8th grade, It's been a good year since I read it.)

-

Rath grinned wider as Inuyasha made a silly mistake in his footing, as he casually side stepped the attack. His smile disappeared as he saw familiar figures against the background. He sneered, “Just…great.”

--

Rune felt the breath get caught up in his throat as he stared at Rath, true he looked nearly exactly as he had before he disappeared, again, but he seemed paler, “RATH!!” Rune shouted, relieved he had found his friend.

“What are you doing here, Rune?” Rath asked in a tone that sent shivers down Rune's spine, something was definitely different.

-

“You shouldn't turn your back on me!” Inuyasha said smirking that something had come to his advantage, Rath leisurely avoided him. “I've had the kind of sword training you couldn't dream of, Inuyasha.” Rath sneered.

“Rath! What are you doing, you idiot!” Cesia scorned, “What are you doing Cesia? I will make it clear I have no intention of going back to Lykouleon.”

Lord Lykouleon.” Rune corrected, his time bomb ticking. (Evil time bomb, he is)

Rath looked over the other two, one looked vaguely familiar, and was gawking at him, and the other was severly displeased. “HEY! DON”T YOU DARE IGNORE ME!” Inuyasha shouted.

“Why would I ignore you, Inuyasha?” Rath asked in a sickeningly cheerful voice. “Rath, don't you dare continue to attack an ally.” Rune said, agitation laced with his words. “Ally? Suppose he's my new replacement?”

Rune's eyes softened, “No, Rath, we wouldn't replace you…” Rath snorted, trying to keep his laughter at bay.

-

Thatz was beginning to get annoyed, Jakotsu swung the jakotsu-tou again, Thatz held up his sword, the jakotsu-tou wrapped itself around the sword and held tight. Jakotsu pulled the snake-like sword, as if in effort to pull Thatz closer to him. Thatz snorted, “As if that's going to work.” He grinned maliciously, pulling albeit harder back towards himself. “Ohh, you're soo strong!” Jakotsu cooed cheerfully. Thatz sweat dropped, “Erm……”

Miroku was having a rather interesting time, this wasn't the first time he had to fight Suikotsu, using only his staff, for it would waste time to try and reveal the wind tunnel at such a close distance.

-

Saimeiyoshou appeared before them, the buzzing insects flitted impatiently around for the battle to end, “Damn it Naraku, I wanted to have a little more fun then this…” Rath hissed under his breath. “So you do work for Naraku!” Sango hissed, throwing her hiraikotsu, to which Rath barely evaded, “I thought that would be obvious.” Rath smiled cheerfully, though it seemed to mock Sango. Rath evaded the hiraikotsu again as it came back. “'tis an interesting weapon you have, I should look into one.” Rath grinned broader.

Two large blasts where heard as Renkotsu fired the canons on Ginkotsu, signifying that it was time to go, both shots missed Rune and Kagome by a hair, literally.

“Well, this had been fun, but Naraku wants us to return” Bankotsu smiled, swinging the giant halberd hitting Inuyasha with a wave of shikon induced power as Rath jumped away from the attack.

Rath spared a glare at Rune and Cesia, “Rath…” Cesia murmured trying to step closer to him, `He looks so pale…'
Rath felt the raging pain in his chest, one that felt like the burning fire, eating away at his essence, “Au revoir.” He said, as he summoned the Fire Dragon.

“RATH, GET YOUR ASS BACK HERE!!” Rune shouted enraged at the fleeting Rath.

-

Jakotsu smirked, “Well, I have to go now, toodles!” he laughed femininely waving goodbye to Thatz.

“Hn…good riddance” Thatz muttered as Jakotsu went back from whence he came. The Fire Dragon caught his eye, “RATH!!”
He saw the figure look back at him and smile cheerfully

-

Rune sighed, “This might be a little harder then we thought,” he said turning and walking past Sango and Kagome, Cesia was still looking up into the sky, and watched Rath disappear into the horizon. Inuyasha growled, “DAMNIT!!!” he raged

`Rath…What has gotten into you?' Rune thought as he met up with Thatz.


--

“NARAKU!” Rath shouted as he stormed into Naraku's chamber, “You said no one would care, you said they wouldn't be here!!” Rath ranted, Naraku's lips pulled into a sneer from under the baboon mask, “I didn't say they wouldn't follow you here, I also said `Nobody here care about you.”
Rath's eyes briefly flared with anger, the went back to a calm, cheerful mask. He exited the room temperly. (I don't think that's a word…O.o)

-

(=Who was that, Master? Why are you working for him?=) Fire held his sign in front of Rath's face. Rath pushed the sign away from his face and glared little at his dragon, “That was Naraku. He promised me something I've wanted for a very long time.” Rath said sighing as he walked down the oriental hallway. (=Stronger demons to fight?=)

Rath looked thoughtful for a moment, “Well, that Inuyasha was kinda strong…but not the kinda challenge I was hoping for…come to think of it… I haven't really found a good enough demon to fight yet.”

“Going…Demon hunting?” a small smooth voice asked, Rath whirled around to find Kanna, the small albino child—well she looked like a child, Rath didn't want the details. “Yeah, what's it to ya?” Rath asked slightly annoyed.

“Might you…find a challenge in…Sesshoumaru of the Western Lands?” she asked.

Rath found himself being drawn into the small mirror Kanna always carried with her, the image changed from his reflection to an image that of a elegant, long silver haired-person, with golden cat-like eyes, A crescent moon on his forehead, and two horizontal stripes on either side of his face. “Sesshoumaru?” Rath tested the name on his lips.

“He is Inuyasha's elder brother…a full demon…and a demon lord.”

Rath smiled mischievously, “A demon lord?”

--


Rune looked up at the starry sky, `Rath…why won't you just talk to us anymore? I-we- would like to help you…'the blonde elf-boy thought out to the homicidal maniac. (^.^;;)
Rune turned over onto his left side, Thatz was snoring not to far away, Sango, Kagome, Miroku, and Shippou where also sleeping close by, Inuyasha was probably on look out up in the tree he had taken shelter in.

-

Rath walked aimlessly through the forest, getting distracted here and there by a random demon, (= Master, How will we ever find Sesshoumaru if you keep running off to fight other demons? =) Fire's sign read, the small red dragon shook it angrily.

“Um…maybe we'll get lucky..!” Rath said optimistically, his gaze adverting toward the sky. `Guys…'

(= Whatcha thinking about, sir? =) Fire asked. Rath looked back at Fire, “None of your beeswax, dragonbreath.”

--

Next Chapter-
Sango here, what's Naraku up to? Why is he using Rath? The little orphan girl, Rin, meets Rath. What's that Kagome? There's a jewel shard nearby? Whose this new guy??

Next Episode- My Hero - Sesshoumaru's battle

Finished~ Thursday, August 12, 2005 12:36 AM Nashville, TN.