InuYasha Fan Fiction / Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ Hanyou ❯ Denial ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The next chapter already? I must really like this story.

WARNING: Lots of cursing.

Disclaimer: I don't own anybody.

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((()))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) )))))))

Kenshin stared at the white haired man sitting casually on the porch. His furry ears were twitching. His golden eyes were waiting, expectant. He seemed to be a bit nervous as he watched Kenshin's mouth hang open, his eyes narrow. He seemed to be a bit anxious.

"Well brat, aren't you gonna say anything?" Kenshin's mouth closed. His breathing sped up.

"Don't you dare." Inuyasha's brows knit together.

"Don't I dare what?"

"I am not a demon!" Inuyasha was visibly surprised.

"I never said you were. I said your dad was a demon. You are a hanyou."

"Shut up." Kenshin's voice was soft. Inuyasha swore he could hear the beginnings of a growl. He smirked.

"Shinta, you just need to accept the truth."

"You shut up! I have dealt with your lies long enough. Now get out of Kaoru-dono's home. Our conversation is over!" He took a few deep breaths. He shook his head and stared up at Inuyasha with big violet eyes.

"I'm not going anywhere, Shinta. You're my little hanyou, and I came here to help you. Now stop being so god damn stubborn and talk to me."

"My name is Kenshin. I am a human being. I am not a demon."

"Hanyou," Inuyasha interrupted, "Your mother was human."

"Or a hanyou! And I am most definitely not yours! Now get out!" Inuyasha sighed for what felt like the thousandth time. He stood and stepped fully onto the porch. He spread his arms out and stretched.

"I guess I have to prove it to you." Kenshin sank into a battoujitsu stance.

"I said get out."

"Shinta, you can hear things. You can hear better than anyone around you. You can hear the birds in that tree over there. Sometimes all the sound makes your head fucking hurt. Can you hear them, Shinta?"

"I can hear you talking and not leaving. I will ask you once more respectfully. Get out of Kaoru-dono's home." Inuyasha's eyes widened.

"You're worse than me. You know that? All right, you can tell when people are near, who they are, what they are feeling. You know without seeing them."

"I can sense ki."

"You can sense scents. It's their smell. That's how you know. There's no such thing as ki."

"I use my ki to break bamboo. I can harness my ki. Ki is what I sense, that it is."

"You are a fucking idiot. You harness your demon aura, which by the way I am very proud of. You sense scents. You smell people. There's no such thing as ki!" Kenshin's eyes turned golden, and he shook his head and forcefully tuned them back to violet.

"I have no demon aura. I am not a demon! There are no such thing as demons!" The ears on Inuyasha's head twitched.

"Yeah, okay. Well, how about this, Shinta? One night a month you lose your so-called ki sensing ability. One night the world seems dimmer, quieter, and it scares you. The color drains from your hair. You got that from your father, you know. Your speed goes away. You become weak, powerless." Kenshin's amber eyes blazed at him.

"You shut up!"

"How many humans do you know who go through that?" The clink of Kenshin's sword being freed from his sheath was loud to Inuyasha's sensitive ears and seemed to echo across the yard.

"Fuck, Shinta! Okay, you asked for this." Kenshin's eyes widened as Inuyasha moved a few feet to his right. He cautiously stepped a little closer to the white haired man.

"I didn't want to do it this way." Inuyasha was positive Kenshin was growling under his breath.

"Hanyou have instincts that save and direct their lives. They have emotions stronger than humans can even imagine. One of these is the protective instinct. It ruled my fucking life when I was young." Kenshin's growling became louder.

"Ah, so you know what I'm talking about." His long clawed fingers gripped at the door.

"You get away from there." His voice was low, angry. Inuyasha smirked.

"Why, Shinta? Why do I have to get away from this particular door?"

"Just get away!"

"No. This is the only way to get through that thick fucking skull of yours what you are. Anyway, that protective instinct spreads to family, friends, and especially…" Inuyasha flung the door open to reveal a very nervous and frightened looking Kaoru wearing the red kimono with blue and yellow flowers that she had been searching for earlier. "Mates."

"Kenshin? Who is this man? Why does he keep calling you a hanyou?"

"Because that's what he is. Half demon, half human. Just like me."

"Get away from Kaoru-dono!" Inuyasha ignored the redheaded swordsman and moved toward Kaoru. He wrapped his hand around the top of her arm and pulled her toward him. She stumbled and fell into Inuyasha's chest. He held her there with both his arms around her.

"Can you feel that emotion I was talking about?"

"Let her go!" Inuyasha looked down at the exposed skin of Kaoru's neck. He smiled.

"You haven't claimed her. You want her, but she's not claimed. That means I can claim her if I want, right Shinta?"

"You get your filthy hands off of her!"

"Now, how did you get her to smell like your mate without actually mating?" Inuyasha sniffed at Kaoru.

"It's her clothes, isn't it? You spread your scent on her clothes somehow."

"If you release her right now, I will make your death swift and almost painless." Inuyasha laughed. He gripped Kaoru tighter, and she cried out.

"How did he do it, wench? Why do you smell like him when you haven't mated?"

"Kenshin does the laundry." He squeezed, and she let out another cry.

"You're hurting Kaoru-dono. You bastard! Let her fucking go!" Kaoru's eyes widened. She hadn't heard that kind of language from Kenshin since he fought Saitou.

"Do you feel the instincts? Do you accept who you are?"

"I'll tear your fucking head off!" Kenshin began moving toward them, and Inuyasha pushed Kaoru at him. Kenshin deftly caught her, but instead of making sure of her safety and then going after Inuyasha like he intended, he wrapped his arms around her and pressed his face into her hair. His eyes got wide, and his hands began moving up and down her body, rumpling her red kimono. He felt his blood heat up. He wanted her. He wanted her then and there on the porch in front of Inuyasha. His breathing became ragged as he pressed his desire into her and gripped her impossibly closer to him. Suddenly, he stopped. He looked over Kaoru's shoulder at Inuyasha.

"What did you do to me?"

"You want her, right? You want her so badly it wouldn't be surprising if you raped her right now, right?" Kenshin's hands began travelling over her body again as he stared at Inuyasha.

"What did you do?"

"I didn't do anything. That is all you, brat. That is your instincts taking over. The woman you want as your mate is now covered in the scent of another with youkai blood. Your desire to stake your claim has outweighed your desire to rip me to shreds. You feel like she won't be safe until you fuck her, but you don't understand why." Kenshin pulled Kaoru closer, buried his hands in her hair.

"Do you know what this feels like?"

"Didn't I say that instinct ruled my fucking life, Shinta?" Kaoru looked up at him.

"Shinta? Kenshin why is he…" Kenshin ignored her and yelled at Inuyasha.

"How do I make it stop?"

"Well, since she doesn't have an enchanted necklace to slam you face first into the ground, trust me that really cools you off, you're just gonna have to let her go." Kenshin looked down at Kaoru.

"Just let her go?"

"Yup." He looked into her big blue eyes. He could smell her arousal. His fingers gently began to loosen. He took a step back, still holding on to her. Then suddenly, slammed her back into him.

"I can't!"

"Kenshin? What did you do to him?"

"I said I didn't do nothing. Now let her go, Shinta. Just close your eyes and release her. And wench, when he does, run to the bathhouse and wash as good as you can."

"I just bathed."

"Shinta doesn't fucking care. Now you smell like me, and he can't handle it. Now when he lets go, bathe and change into something he washed. You got it?" She looked up at the man holding so desperately onto her. She really didn't want him to let go. She wanted him to do exactly what the dog eared man said he would, but Kenshin looked pained. And she was not going to be the cause of it.

"Yes."

"Alright Shinta, let go."

"I can't!"

"Do it!" Kenshin's hold released, and he stood with his eyes clenched closed, his hands fisted at his sides. Kaoru stared at him for a moment.

"Move, wench!" She followed Inuyasha's command and bolted to the bathhouse. Kenshin's eyes flew open, and he moved to chase after her. Strong clawed hands stopped him. Kenshin struggled against him as he watched Kaoru enter the small wooden structure and lock the door.

"Let her go, Shinta. Just calm down." Kenshin glared at him, then dropped to his knees defeated.

"How did I get this way? How could I hurt Kaoru-dono?" Inuyasha placed a comforting hand on his shoulder.

"You were born this way."

"I can't stop it?"

"Nope." He looked into Inuyasha's golden eyes with teary violet ones.

"How do I deal with this?"

"That's why I'm here."

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((()))))))))))))))))))))))))) )))))))))))))

A/N: Lots of things will come together as the story progresses. Please review!