InuYasha Fan Fiction / Shugo Chara Fan Fiction ❯ Nas Ne Dogonyat ❯ PainFilled Embarrassment! ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Last time:

"I guess I'll see you tomorrow Fujisaki-san." Forcing another fake smile onto her face, she quickly put her things in her school bag and raced out of the classroom.

"I think you made her mad." Rima scowled walking to stop and stand beside him with Amu beside her.

"Say what you want, but I already have a plan." Nagihiko smiled and winked happily.

Now:
-
Kagome sighed as she walked on her way back to the house the young girl lived at, slightly regretting not taking the strange boy's offer for help on her math. It was a complete nuisance. Groaning to herself, Kagome pouted as she got further lost in her thoughts; her mind strayed to her brother. It had, after all, been his idea for her to move in with the Higurashi family, them being close friends of her father after all.

She would still be living with them, if they hadn't moved all the way to America a few weeks ago. Ikuto, her brother, had a back-up plan to keep her out of a company called Easter, apparently, though and that was for her to live with Sesshoumaru Tashio, the most feared and top ranked CEO in Japan, seeing as Sesshoumaru and Ikuto had, somehow, managed to become half-way friends. Then again, they were around the same age, 17, and Sesshoumaru's father, Touga Tashio, used to be close friends with Aruto, who was her two siblings and her own father.

One thing that she couldn't figure out is why Easter was so caught up in searching for the Embryo, a heart egg that could grant a wish, if she had heard her brother telling her correctly. To her, it just seemed like a complete waste of time. Why sit around trying to find something that will, in the end, make you take the easy road? That, to her, was just complete laziness.

She was aware that her two siblings, Ikuto and Utau, were also searching so they didn't have to stay in the company anymore. That itself was only slightly understandable to her. Even though she never spends all too much time with either sibling, Kagome could comprehend slightly. Ikuto wanted to find the Embryo so Utau and himself won't have to keep working for the company along with the fact that if Easter had the Embryo, they would stop trying to find her.

Yes; that was the reason she did not live with her mother anymore. When her mother had been forced to remarry to the head of Easter Co. after her father, Aruto, was pronounced lost overseas, she had been moved to live with the Higurashi family in order to stay away from her step-father.

The Higurashi family were nice to be around, they treated her like one of their own really. She had been rather heartbroken when they were moving to America because they had become like a second family to her after she lived with them a little over a three years.

She sighed, the more she thought about it, the more depressed she got. She didn't have a problem living with Sesshoumaru, but it was like living with a statue. He barley ever shows emotion. Perhaps that is why Ikuto wanted her to live with him, there was no way Easter would try to get her in their grasps with her living with a fear-worthy opponent. Chuckling lightly at what could happen she dropped that subject.

The more the young girl thought of it, the more she missed them, but she couldn't stop her thinking. Seeing Tadase earlier had brought all the thought back up, completely crystal clear and ready to depress herself over.

Sighing furiously, she shook her head to rid herself of those thoughts but instantly regretted doing so. The young girl got light-headed and lost her footing, stumbling and tripping, falling down the steep hill she had previously been walking down.

Tumbling to the bottom roughly, she landed with a loud, "Oof!" and cried out in pain as she landed on her right ankle and right arm. Gently moving her injured leg, she winced in pain as her ankle cried in protest. She had sprained it, and by the look of the rapid bruising around it, it was fairly bad. Her wrist was not much better and she mentally cheered for her being left-handed before she turned her attention back to her bruising limbs, they were starting to swell.

Groaning, she shakily stood, leaning majority of her weight on her left side of her body, seeing as it was the side with the least amount of damage dealt to it, and brushed her hair from her face. Seriously, how could she be such a klutz? It just wasn't in her nature and it never has been. Her injured ankle meant she couldn't have her dance lessons for who knows how long and she might even have to go to the hospital, depending what Sesshoumaru deemed necessary. Sighing once again, she started to walk forward once again, wincing when she placed weight on her right ankle and stopped.

"Kagome-chan," Yura and Elle peeked out of her bag, after waking from their naps during the tumble down the hill, "You shouldn't put so much pressure on your ankle, you could damage it worse." Yura patted her left cheek gently where another bruise was already forming. It looked like she had gotten into a fight, and lost miserably.

"Well, I have to get home somehow. You both know we can't just sit here, who knows what kind of creepers are around this area when it gets dark." She sighed and ran her left hand through her messy hair before her left leg gave out as well and she plopped down on the rough ground below her.

"But you can't walk either, can you?" Elle looked at her, her eyes flashing in worry when she shook her head, quietly saying that she could not.

"Then what will we do?" Yura asked softly, gently poking at her wrist as Elle looked over her ankle.

"Hn... I'm not sure." Kagome sighed out loud and drummed lightly on the ground with her fingers of her good hand, musing softly to herself the many different possibilities she could do. On one hand, she could call Sesshoumaru to come get her, but currently she barley had idea where she was or if she could even get into contact with him at this hour, on the other though, she could wait until someone showed up and then she could as for help. Weighing both thoughts on her shoulders, she sighed and heard a gentle voice call her name.

She looked back, her sea-green eyes clashing with the warm honey brown of Nagihiko's eyes, "Oh, Fujisaki-san, hello again." Kagome tried to smile but the pain in her wrist and ankle stopped her from smiling and her face contorted in pain slightly.

"You're hurt? Is there something that I could possibly do?" He walked over towards her and leaned down on his knees in-front of her.

As much as she wanted to be sarcastic, she was hurting too much for that, so she sighed, "Err... yeah, I am kinda hurt." Kagome motioned to her injured ankle and wrist, along with the rest of her bruising body.

"What happened?" He gently prodded her bruising cheek with his pointer finger and stopped once she shied away.

"Well..." Kagome blushed lightly having to admit she had been stupid enough to trip and fall down a hill, "You see, I was walking down the hill, andIlostmyfootingandtripped." She hurriedly said the last part in a poor attempt to hide her embarrassment.

"What?" He saw her face flush darker and embarrassment settle in her eyes.

"I tripped and fell, okay." She turned her eyes away from his gaze in a failing attempt to further hide her growing embarrassment.

"And you're embarrassed by it because?" He smiled at her and she felt her eye twitch.

"I'm embarrassed because it's not my nature to be a klutz. My whole life, I have trained myself in being calm, collected, graceful, and mature, and now, all of a sudden I'm tripping over my own feet?" Kagome sighed, "It's not who I am."

"Kagome-chan, everyone makes slip-ups every once in a while so don't sell yourself short and don't doubt who you are. Don't stifle yourself with little mistakes, if you know who you really are, then that is all that matters." Nagihiko smiled brightly and Kagome looked towards him, her cheeks flustered and she carefully returned the smile.

"Thank-you Fuji-"

"Just call me Nagihiko, please."

"Well, okay. Thank-you Nagihiko-kun." Kagome mumbled weakly, and she sighed.

This was a phrase she had always hated, she hated asking for help from anyone, never asking Sesshoumaru or even her brother for help majority of the time. She had barley ever asked from help on anything, always being able to figure things out or other nonsense on her own, but this, her ankle and wrist were causing her to be in quite the pickle, and a sour one at that. Groaning inwardly, she mumbled quietly, hoping he might have heard what she had asked.

"What did you say, Kagome-chan?"

She sighed mentally, of course her luck, he didn't.

"I asked if you could help me. You know, get home?" Kagome mumbled a little louder, seeing this time, he had indeed heard her question.

"Of course I can help." He smiled brightly and Kagome scowled, raising her arms up for him to help her up.

She squeaked and tensed slightly when he picked her up bridal style, "Why are you carrying me?!"

He looked down towards her and smiled again, "Because, this is the only way I can help you, your ankle is too bad, I'd rather you not try and walk on it until someone else can take a look at it."

Yura and Elle looked towards one another. They both knew of her extreme issue with being touched. There were only so few people who she didn't have a problem with touching, and they were; Yura and Elle, of course. Sesshoumaru, her guardian figure. Ikuto and Utau, her siblings. Also, her mother as well. That was it, she despised it when being touched and it wasn't one of them.

Nagihiko smiled and tried to ignore the fear coursing through his body. Her glare she had directed towards him was stoic and slightly unnerving. "So, which way should we go?"

Kagome huffed in irritation, "I'm not too sure, but I think this shortcut over the hill I fell down brings us almost seven blocks straight and then about a five minute walk through a light area of trees." Kagome looked up at his face and saw him nod in understanding before starting his trek towards her house, her twitching nervously in his arms the way.

After walking a good bit of the way, and feeling Kagome still not relaxed in his arms, he sighed and looked down at her. She looked uneasy being carried. Did she not trust people?

"Ah, Kagome-chan, would you calm down please? I assure you, I will not drop you." She looked up at him, her eyes held weariness and she huffed indignantly again.

"I would hope not." She growled but did not relax, turning her head away while Yura and Elle looked nervous.

He sighed again, "Why do you dislike people touching you, Kagome-chan?"

That had definitely caught her off guard, even he seemed to have noticed the way her eyes slightly widened and she gasped in surprise.

"..." She looked down, she really didn't know how to answer that.

"Kagome-chan?"

Sighing, she thought quietly to herself. To be honest, she didn't understand her dislike of people touching her either. It has just been that way for the longest time. "I don't know." She murmured quietly, looking forward. She could see the light spread of trees a few feet away, "I have always been this way since I was younger. I only let so few people close enough to touch me. I always shy away from people I don't know too well, my age or not."

"Are you afraid of people?"

"I-"

"Milady! Are you alright?" A soft feminine voice piped up, and Kagome jumped and tried to get out of Nagihiko's grasp, causing him to place her gently on the ground beside him.

"Oh, Murasaki-san, I'm fine, just a sprained ankle and a injured wrist. Nothing to worry too much about, I assure you." Kagome smiled towards the young and friendly maid.

"Hmm..." Murasaki lightly tapped her chin, "Be that may, but I would rather you stay off of it until Sesshoumaru-sama says it is not a worrisome issue." She turned slightly and scooped the small girl up, causing her to squeak once more. "Now, come, you shall rest."

Kagome huffed once again before looking back at Nagihiko, "Just follow the path we came down and that will get you back to the city, alright?"

Seeing him nod and flash her a happy smile, she waved a quick goodbye before he turned and quickly jogged up the thin trail.

"He seemed nice." Murasaki hummed lightly as she carried Kagome through the door of the large manor. The house, if you could even come close to calling it, was five storied high. The first floor was the living area, the entertainment room, the kitchen, the laundry room, and etc. The second floor was mostly bedrooms and closets, as was the third floor. The fourth floor was where Sesshoumaru's office was located in the west wing and the east wing was where Kagome practiced her dancing when her dance instructor was over. The fifth and final floor was strictly attic and was off-limits to her.

"Yeah.." Kagome sighed as Murasaki placed her gently down on her bed, her room was located on the second floor.

Humming quietly to herself, Murasaki pulled the covers up around the small girl nestled in her bed, she was falling asleep rather quickly.

Bowing slightly, Murasaki whispered to Kagome that once Sesshoumaru got back from the meeting he had he would check on her.

Whispering her word of thanks back, Kagome fell into a light and dreamless sleep.

(Time lapse; thirty minutes.)
-
Kagome stirred from her light sleep and she rolled over, opening her eyes to gaze into purplish-blue shaded ones and she jerked back away from them, only to realize a half a minute later that they were only her brother, Ikuto.

Huffing in irritation once again as he started to chuckle, then laugh at her being freaked.

"It is not funny, Ikuto-nii!" Kagome whined and tried to sit up, only for him to pull her back down and he wrapped his arms around her shoulders.

"Well, Kagome-chan, maybe not to you, but to me, it is hilarious."

Growling, she shoved his arms away, "Glad you think so!"

That only caused him to laugh harder and for head to droop in sadness slightly. "When did you get here anyway?"

"When you were asleep and Murasaki brought me up here. She bandaged your ankle and wrist while you were asleep... mind sharing what happened?"

Kagome didn't miss the rougher tone that invaded her elder brother's voice. "I was walking down a steep hill and I lost in some thoughts and I tripped, getting all bruised and damaged." She sighed. The more she said it, the more ridiculous it sounded. Hearing his chuckles only made it worse.

"Oh, Kag-chan, I always thought you, of all people, were graceful.. What happened?" He murmured jokingly , pulling her back into his arms.

"Oi! Says you, Mr. Alley Cat!" Grumbling, Kagome let herself relax when Ikuto placed his lips to the back of her head. Looking over to her desk, she was her Chara Eggs, along with Yoru's, sitting in a basket. Murasaki must've taken them from her bag. The one that was close to hatching was bright pink with a navy heart on the center, it was beside her other two unhatched. Yura's and Elle's were closed, along with Yoru's, signalling that they were asleep at the moment. Elle's egg was red and it had a black line across the middle, in the middle of the line were two half-way slanted S' (~ - That symbol, only turn it on it's side.). Yura's egg was was minty green with a blue arrow in the middle. The first of her other unhatched eggs was a warm orchid color that had shaded cherry blossom tree with pink blossoms in the center, her other egg was a royal blue with a large black cross in the center.

Ikuto sighed and he leaned back, he enjoyed the time he spent with Kagome fairly well. She was small and tiny, fairly easy to hold, plus she was like a natural space heater. Closing his eyes, he heard her start to sing softly;

'Hontou ni taisetsuna mono igai
Subete sutete shimaetara
Ii no ni ne
Genjitsu wa tada zankoku de'

Ikuto smiled, it was a lullaby that their mother had sung to them when they were younger.

'Sonna toki itsudatte
Me wo tojireba
Waratteru kimi ga iru

Ah- Itsuka eien no
Nemuri ni tsuku hi made
Douka sono egao ga
Taemanaku aru you ni'

Ikuto took to singing the next part, shocking Kagome slightly, but she smiled and relaxed once again, listening to his calming voice.

'Hito wa mina kanashii kana
Wasure yuku Iki mono dakedo

Ai subeki mono no tame
Ai wo kureru mono no tame
Dekiru koto

Ah- Deatta ano goro wa
Subete ga bukiyou de
Toomawari shita yo ne
Kitsuzuke atta yo ne'

Being pulled from her thoughts, together they finished singing the final verses.

'Ah- Itsuka eien no
Nemuri ni tsuku hi made
Douka sono egao ga
Taemanaku aru you ni

Ah- Deatta ano goro wa
Subete ga bukiyou de
Toomawari shita kedo
Tadori tsuitanda ne'

Smiling, Kagome felt her eyes droop again, and she lightly fell asleep leaning against Ikuto. That had always been her favorite song. Her final thought that ran through her head before sighing into the world of sleep and dreams was, 'Oops... forgot to finish that accursed math...'
-
So, how was that for a second chapter? Good? Bad? Iffy? Lemme know, please. Also, the song used is called 'Dearest' and it's by Ayumi Hamasaki and it was an ending theme for Inuyasha itself. *Happy Smile*
Now, the reason I chose the song is because, loosely translated, it says this:
-
"It would be nice if we could put away and throw out
Everything except what really mattered, but
Reality is just cruel.

In such times,
I see you laughing
Whenever I close my eyes.

Until the day I reach eternal sleep,
That smiling face will
Have to stay with me without fail.

People are all sad, so
They go and forget, but-

For that which I should love,
For that which gives me love, I will do what I can.

Back then, when we met,
It was all awkward.
We went the long way, didn't we?
We got hurt, didn't we?

Until the day I reach eternal sleep,
That smiling face will
Have to stay with me without fail.

Back then, when we met,
It was all awkward.
We went the long way, didn't we?
We got there in the end."
-
And I myself thought it would work perfectly.(:
Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Remember,
-
Review&Sub&Fav!