InuYasha Fan Fiction / Shugo Chara Fan Fiction ❯ Nas Ne Dogonyat ❯ A Word of Advice ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Auroua: Okay, so there will be quite a few flashbacks in the chapter and in later chapters... do NOT skip over them. They will be VERY important later on in the story. Thank-you for reading.

Ja'Minna!

Last time:
_

Smiling, Kagome felt her eyes droop again, and she lightly fell asleep leaning against Ikuto. That had always been her favorite song. Her final thought that ran through her head before sighing into the world of sleep and dreams was, 'Oops... forgot to finish that accursed math...'

Now:
_

Chapter 3: A Word of Advice.
-
Kagome woke up to find her brother gone, not that it really shocked her any. Now, don't get her wrong, she loved her brother, it's just that she was never able to spend all that much time with him. It was the exact same with her mother and her sister, if she spent too much time around them, her stepfather would be able to find her much easier. That was something Ikuto wouldn't risk happening, he had told her that once while she was living with the Higurashi family.

Flashback~

Ikuto smiled and looked down at the ten year old Kagome. She was watching the cherry blossoms fall from the trees and blow away in the wind.

Reaching out, he caught one in his hand and placed it in her hair gently, and Kagome giggled loudly before grabbing the fifteen year old's hand and dragging him to stand under the largest tree upon the shrine. The Goshinboku, or otherwise know as the "God Tree" or "Tree Of Ages" or "Sacred Tree". It had a lot of names honestly.

Sliding down to sit in front of the tree with Kagome, Ikuto sighed lightly. He knew this would hurt everyone. Kagome, Utau, their mother, and himself, but it had to be done.

"Kag-chan."

Kagome looked up and took instant notice of the sadness in Ikuto's eyes, sadness filling her as well. The last time she had saw him this way was when they had found out their father was lost over seas.

"Hai, Ikuto-nii?"

"I can't come over here much more. Neither can mother or Utau. You'll be found if we keep spending too much time with you."

It was as if someone had poured ice water into her heart. He couldn't do this. He had to stay with her, he promised!

"I don't care if I'm found! I wanna be able to stay with you, Utau, and mommy!" Kagome felt the tears build in her eyes, "You can't leave me alone!"

Looking down, Ikuto sighed louder, "Kagome, I refuse to let Easter have you work for them. It's bad enough that they already have Utau with them."

"But-" The tears slowly started to leak, leaving small trails down her pale cheeks.

"No. There will be no 'buts' on this matter, Kagome. The three of us, Mother, Utau and I, have agreed to it: This has to happen to keep you safe. I don't want to do this anymore than you do but is has to."

Ikuto looked at her face and felt horrible. Her eyes held no expression, but there were silent tears slowly falling down her cheeks. Carefully, he reached out to pat her head affectionately but stopped his hand mid-air when he saw her shy away from it.

Dropping his hand, he saw her curl her knees into her chest and hide her face by her long curtain of blue hair. He didn't even want to begin to process what was going through her head. She was hurting, and he had caused it.

Shaking his head, he stood. It was best if he left now before Kagome started to cling onto his hand again. He had no desire to make her cry again.

"Kag-chan, I'll see you again sometime later." Looking back, he saw that she hadn't appeared to even as much as acknowledge him. Drooping his head, he turned and began to walk down the shrine steps and out of her line of site.

After fifteen minutes had passed when Ikuto had left the shrine grounds, Kagome had finally lifted her head to look around and survey her surroundings. He brother had left her, just like her father had almost five years back.

Closing her eyes, she began to cry and scream out her lungs. Realization hit her full force, she would barely be able to see her own family. All because of that one man she refused to call her father. It wasn't his family! He had no business taking it away from her!

Sobbing loudly, Kagome forced herself to stand as she walked towards the well house located on the property.

"Fine, let it be that way! Take everything I care for! I don't need anyone now!" Kagome shrieked and slammed the door closed, hiding in the dark and she lit a candle to look for an old book to read until Kunloon Higurashi returned home, "I don't need anyone other than the Higurashi family... They won't ever leave me alone" Kagome mumbled quietly.

End Flashback~

Kagome shook her head to clear her mind. Even though she still spent time with her family, she could never forget that. Every time she though of that memory, it felt as if someone was stepping on her heart. Because almost a year after that incident, the Higurashi family had moved and abandoned her.

Rolling off her bed, Kagome stood, careful of her right ankle, and walked over to her dresser before grabbing a change of underwear and a clean school uniform before carefully limping towards her bathroom to get a quick shower before school.

Re-emerging from the bathroom fully dressed in the uniform, she sat on her bed and began to tie her shoes. Placing her Chara eggs insider the smaller bag, Kagome stood and walked from her room and down into the kitchen.

"Good-morning, Sesshoumaru-sama." Kagome bowed slightly.

"Good-morning, Kagome." His voice held a slight warmth that he only spoke to her with. No longer did he sound cold and vicious. She had to admit, she liked her Sesshoumaru better than the other one.

He looked up towards her, the bruising on her arms, legs, and face were still noticeable. No doubt there would be rumors going about the school today. "How about I take you to school today? Your leg is still sore, you shouldn't walk on it much."

She jerked her head up. "N-no, you don't have to. I am perfectly capable of walking." She did not want fifty different rumors flooding about the school.

Sesshoumaru smirked, "Well, I'd rather have them talking about how you are being carried to school in a limo instead of vicious lies of Child Abuse. Wouldn't you?"

Kagome sighed, he had her there. "Fine. I'll go with you."

"Knew you'd see it my way." He stood while Kagome grabbed an apple. "Jakken, pull the limo around."

"Hai Sesshoumaru-sama!"

Walking outside, Sesshoumaru opened the door and allowed Kagome to slide into the vehicle before getting in himself. One look at her told him how nervous and uneasy she was.

"Calm yourself. Everything will be fine."

"Easy for you to say! You don't have to go to the school." Kagome snapped.

"I would hope not, seeing as I am too old." He smirked when she glared at him. It was too easy to get her riled up.

The rest of the ride was quiet and tense and once they pulled up to the gate, it got worse.

Opening the door swiftly, Sesshoumaru got out and offered Kagome his arm.

Expecting him to let her go once she was out of the vehicle, Kagome tried to tug her arm free, only to find out that she couldn't. Looking up, she glared at the older man holding her arm.

"Why are you still touching me?"

"Because imuto," Sesshoumaru started, spotting three young girls, "You are still injured and I wish to make sure you get to class without hurting yourself even more."

"Cram it Sesshoumaru." Kagome growled and turned her nose upward, "I can walk myself."

He smirked and started to chuckle. "I don't know, it looks like that hill got the best of you yesterday."

"Shut UP!"

"Shut can not go up."

"But my foot can sure as hell can!" Kagome snapped.*

Looking down, Sesshoumaru removed his arm from hers and moved back towards the limo. "You win. Kagome." Nodding towards her, he got back in the vehicle and it pulled away from the school grounds.

Huffing loudly, Kagome turned and stalked moodily into the school building.

Reaching her class, Kagome sighed. She was not ready to face that Nagihiko boy. As nice as he was, he kind freaked her out. He just looked... girly yet she could tell he wasn't. She wanted to know why he would keep his hair like a chick would.

Kagome shook her head, she had a feeling she would find out soon enough.

Pushing the door open, Kagome walked in and headed towards her seat, ignoring everyone who tried to ask about the bruises or about the limo.

Sitting down, she lightly drummed her fingers against her desk. Yura and Elle were off somewhere in the school, no doubt causing mayhem somewhere. Seeing small movement to her side, Kagome turned her head slightly and saw Nagihiko sitting in his desk. He looked slightly tired but he was smiling brightly.

She didn't trust that smile. Not one bit.

"Hello, Kagome-chan. Are you feeling alright?"

"Yes, Nagihiko-kun," Forcing herself to smile back, she turned to look at him fully. "Why do you look so tired?"

Nagihiko blushed, "Oh, I couldn't sleep much last night. I had a lot on my mind." He had been thinking of Temari, who had went back inside her egg, and the other and unhatched Chara. He wondered frequently what it would be like.

"Don't worry so much that it effects your sleeping patterns. It never works out well, never has for me." Kagome smiled lightly, "I always clear my mind and stop thinking plainly. It helps in falling asleep."

Nagihiko smiled in return, "Thank-you for the words of advice, Kagome-chan. I'll be sure to use them if I can't sleep later on."

"It's not a problem, considering the advice you gave to me yesterday, this is nothing." Kagome looked forward, "What were you thinking about anyway?"

"Hm, here and now is not the right time to say, maybe sometime later." He smiled lightly her way once again.

Thinking softly to herself, she sighed, "If it was about your two Chara eggs, you don't need to put it off, I already know."

"What?" He didn't even try to hide the shock in his voice,

"I can tell you have two Chara eggs. One is female, oddly enough, and the other is male. Am I right?" Kagome looked at him, positive she was right, "Or do you not know if the second egg will be male?"

"I- huh?" Nagihiko looked at her curiously. "How did you know?"

"I can feel the aura of them. Not many people can, so don't worry about the pinkette finding out whatever secert you are hiding. If you were wondering, your second Chara will be male." Kagome gave him a quick one-over, "I, myself, want to know why you have a female Chara in the first place. A Charas' gender is usually the same as the one who's heart is comes from. Could that be the secert you are keeping from her- Amu?"

Nagihiko's face turned bright red.

"But then again, there is the question of your second Chara being male. Resulting in making me even more confused. Could it be that you are one gender on the outside, but another on the inside? If so, I guess that could make a little sense. You do look too feminine to be male, but you seem to be too much like a guy to be a female. I am quite confused, but I will not pry. It doesn't concern me."

"I-I'll ex-explain after school. Go for a w-walk after school?" Nagihiko stuttered slightly. Never once had he ever been questioned of his gender, and she had been so calm asking about it. Like it was a natural thing to ask everyday.

"I already said you had no business explaining to me, but seeing as I am curious, I'll come with you." Turning her attention away from him, she tuned into what Yuu was saying. As awkward for her to say this, he was actually a pretty good teacher.
-
Kagome sighed and heard the bell ring loud. Slowly gathering her stuff up, she noticed Nagihiko standing and grasping his bag. As the students filed out of the room, one-by-one, Kagome walked up to him.

"Ready?" He looked at her.

"Sure, I'm in a curious mood. Let's go."

As they walked, no one spoke a word.

Coming to stop in a vacant park, Nagihiko led her to a bench by the large fountain.

"Okay, seeing as you already know of my Chara, I might as well explain."

Kagome nodded.

Nagihiko took a deep breath, "It is a tradition in my family that the males be raised as females so they can learn the roles of females in Japanese Dances. To do this required me to act like a girl, dress like a girl, and even try and think like a girl would. I was known as a girl named Nadeshiko. Temari, my first born Chara, was born from my desire to become a perfect dancer. Shortly before you moved here, I planned to travel so I could master majority of dances, but somewhere there, I lost my courage and faith of dancing like a girl and Temari went back into her egg, and another egg being born."

Nagihiko held two eggs in his hands. One pink and the other blue. They both had the same pattern, they were twin Charas. Yura and Elle looked the eggs over closely.

"Cute. They're twins." Yura and Elle giggled lightly.

Nagihiko smiled lightly, "I do not know when this egg will hatch, or if it even will. If it does, I have no idea of what personality it may have."

"He."

"Huh?"

"I told you earlier," Kagome smiled, "This Chara is male."

Nagihiko smiled and laughed lightly, "Alright, I do not know what personality he will have."

"Better." Kagome smiled and looked at him. He was looking at the pink egg with sadness in his eyes, "Nagihiko, Temari will come back, you just have to find your faith again. Don't worry, you will see her again. I just know it." Kagome smiled and Nagihiko returned it.

"Thank-you Kagome-chan for the reassuring comfort."

Kagome smiled brightly. He wasn't that bad, he was different. She liked that fact.

"To answer your question from yesterday, Nagihiko-kun, I'm not so much as afraid of people," Kagome thought back to that ever-so present memory floating around in her head, "I'm afraid of letting them get close and then abandon me. Friends have done that to me before, I don't want to go through it again, so I keep my distance from people." Kagome looked down. "They'll leave eventually, they always do."

"Kagome-chan, it's a part of life, moving on and saying goodbye, it can't be stopped. You just meet new people to stop the hurt from coming on too strong. Eventually, you'll barely feel it."

Kagome looked at him before nodding and smiling, "I guess you're right, Nagihiko-kun." She took notice of the sun going down, "I guess I'll see you tomorrow."

"Hai." Nagihiko smiled in return and held his hand out.

Kagome grasped his hand lightly and wanted to hug him.

'Then go from a girl that is emotionless to a girl that shows what she feels! Love, Joy, Shine! Chara Change!'

Kagome gained a pink heart necklace and smiled hugely before jumping to glomp Nagihiko.

"I'll see you tomorrow, Nagihiko-kun!" Kagome kissed him lightly on the cheek before letting him go and dashing off before he could even manage to process a thought.

Slowing her pace once she was out of site, Kagome began to regain control of her body. Realizing what she had done, her face turned a bright apple red.

Whipping around, she turned to face a Chara floating behind her.

"Hi!" She said, "I'm Kira!"
-
Auroua: Chapter three, done!

Also, *If you didn't get the reference, Kagome was threatening to kick him in the groin.

Review&Fav&Sub!